PDA

View Full Version : CBS now in HD For Indy DirecTV customers!

JBones19
06-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I posted this also in the thread in the Club Rio section but thought it was important enough to post here since most of us will be watching the Colts on CBS this fall. It's up and running now, DirecTV finally got it right!

duke dynamite
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh heck yes!

It's about time. I hated missing the non-Big Ten Network IU games on CBSHD too.

aero
06-12-2008, 07:58 AM
i havent upgraded my directv setup to HD yet, i cant get CBS in HD with my bunny ears for some reason...ive had a heck of a time getting the cbs signal in. its so weak i get ABC, NBC, Fox 59 and a couple other channels in HD though

DGPR
06-12-2008, 01:07 PM
It's about time!

McClintic Sphere
06-12-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't know what it is about the ch 8 signal that sucks so bad. I managed to jerry rig it for March Madness but it's always iffy. A buddy told me they broadcast on a different plane than the other local stations. It pisses me off big time, but I plan on dropping in a bigger antenna before football season.

Bball
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know what it is about the ch 8 signal that sucks so bad. I managed to jerry rig it for March Madness but it's always iffy. A buddy told me they broadcast on a different plane than the other local stations. It pisses me off big time, but I plan on dropping in a bigger antenna before football season.

Pretty sure WISH uses VHF channel 9 to broadcast their digital signal. If you're using a UHF antenna then that could be your problem.... IIRC everything else of importance broadcasts on the UHF band.

-Bball

N8R
06-14-2008, 03:38 AM

Finally

McClintic Sphere
06-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I knew that ch. 8 broadcast on ch 9 but I've only been able to get it in on 8.1 HD and that only occasionally.

Noodle
06-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I know this is old news, but Bball is right about the VHF. Check out this web site to see how far, what type vhf/uhf, and where all the towers around the city are located. It will help you choose what type of antenna you should use.
http://antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx