PDA

View Full Version : Will the Expansion draft be broadcast ?

Jose Slaughter
06-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Has anyone heard or seen that the draft will be on radio or TV?

Suaveness
06-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I havent heard anything, but my guess would be that it wouldn't be broadcast or anything. I think they would just give a list to the NBA. But who knows.

Unclebuck
06-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I don't think the prior expansion drafts were televised. But there wasn't NBATV back then. If it can be televised in any form, NBATV will have it. ESPN News might have it also.

Kegboy
06-12-2004, 06:17 PM
All I know is Charlotte is having a presentation at 7pm ET, where they'll announce who they selected. It will be carried on local TV only.

I checked my Tivo listings, and it doesn't say anything about covering it. It may be covered on NBATV, but of course, I don't get that. :(

blanket
06-12-2004, 06:34 PM
THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELE... oh, nevermind

;)

Kstat
06-12-2004, 06:48 PM
They want to give teams time to talk to their players first and give them the news. To my knowledge no expansion draft has EVER been televised.

I remember they had the Orlando/Minnesota expansion draft durin our championship parade in 1989....Rick Mahorn had to be pulled off on one of the floats by a team official and told he wasn't on the team anymore. Nobody else knew for another few hours.

JOneal7
06-12-2004, 07:12 PM
what the hell? pulled off the float ? he won the title with them he shouldnt have been pulled off...lol

Kstat
06-12-2004, 07:15 PM
what the hell? pulled off the float ? he won the title with them he shouldnt have been pulled off...lol

Um, I dont think he would have appreciated being left in ignorant bliss while word circulated and he wound up the last one to know he was no longer on the team.....

Snickers
06-12-2004, 10:34 PM

Um, I dont think he would have appreciated being left in ignorant bliss while word circulated and he wound up the last one to know he was no longer on the team.....

Yeah, but during the parade.... that's a heck of a time to find out. :(

Roaming Gnome
06-13-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm sure NBA-TV will be all over it if there is any such coverage, but I think it will just be a list that will hit the air at 7pm, the time the team makes the announcement to the locals.

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Doubt it , they might give updates on ESPN News and NBA TV , but I doubt they show it Live.