granger33
06-10-2008, 09:59 PM
nope???

JayRedd
06-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Nope. Probably a local thing.

Will Galen
06-10-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm not watching the finals. So tell us about the commercial.

Unclebuck
06-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah it was just a local thing.....but it is awfully early to start........there was some background music and some still shots of Murphy, Granger, JO and I think another player....I mean they were individual shots, I think Murphy was grabing a rebound, JO was talking to a fan, DG was going in for a layup......then in between each still shot were 'inspirational" phrases, about hustle, team play....that type of thing

it was pretty good I'd give it a B maybe B-

ABADays
06-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I think they should use footage of the ABA Championship teams. Maybe some people could get fooled into thinking we have a whole new team.

Hicks
06-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I saw it.

Speaking of "sightings", did anyone catch the Mike Dunleavy-based ad in the Star either today or yesterday (I forget which)? I think it included next-year's catch-phrase(s?)

Kaufman
06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Was tinsley in the commercial? Thats all I want to know. Maybe its a sign that tinsley won't be on the team?

PiratePrincess
06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I didn't see it. Maybe it'll end up in YouTube.

Hicks
06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Tinsley was not in the commercial.

indygeezer
06-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Tinsley was not in the commercial.

They couldn't find footage of him actually playing.

Doddage
06-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I saw it; pretty early I thought.

But yeah, it had every starter but Tinsley. As if that wasn't expected.

D-BONE
06-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah it was just a local thing.....but it is awfully early to start........there was some background music and some still shots of Murphy, Granger, JO and I think another player....I mean they were individual shots, I think Murphy was grabing a rebound, JO was talking to a fan, DG was going in for a layup......then in between each still shot were 'inspirational" phrases, about hustle, team play....that type of thing

it was pretty good I'd give it a B maybe B-

Also, the concluding tag line was something to the effect of without you, the fans, there would be no team or no purpose to go out and play. Something along those lines more or less. The fan being integral to all the inspirational expressions linked to the player stills.

At least it an attempt...to sell season tickets. I'll give some credit for the intent to connect with the fans. More importantly, I want to see some off-season decisions and maneuvers that show me the franchise has some sort of schemes to get the personnel issues moving in the right direction.

Unclebuck
06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
I was in the kitchen when it came on, and I was thinking why are they showing Granger in a national commercial, then I saw OB, so I watched it again

MyFavMartin
06-11-2008, 10:49 AM
push of season tickets sales for next year.

smart to capitalize on the finals and its run into the draft.

plus, you got to combat the negative indystar headlines somehow...

MyFavMartin
06-11-2008, 10:54 AM
didn't find it on youtube.

found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJU9qtBO4zo

which made me miss Reggie.

aero
06-11-2008, 10:56 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, they did the same thing last year during the finals. I remember seeing one.

ChicagoJ
06-11-2008, 05:51 PM
They must be having a real push to win back accounts. I got a call from a season ticket rep yesterday about "coming back."

Thank goodness he is also a Steelers fan, so that we had something to talk about after my, "call me again when Larry Bird is gone" response.

(Jay's_Wife@Secti.... nevermind... my wife thinks the house is bugged, since I'd just told Jay's_Dad@Lost_in_the_Flood that I would buy Bulls tickets if they would hire the Rifleman as coach.)

pacerfreak
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
They couldn't find footage of him actually playing.

Thank you for that. I'm still laughing.:laugh:

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I actually seen it Thursday night , I'm not sure if they are all the same though. It said : Without Passion there is no Intensity. Without you there is no Reason.