PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NBA Draft Contest winner is Avoidingtheclowns

Will Galen
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
SEE POST 51 FOR THE RESULTS

The NBA draft is June 26 and will be televised from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. on ESPN, eastern time.

GUESS THE DRAFT CONTEST

RULES
1] This contest will only cover the 14 picks in the lottery.

2] Your picks have to be made by 7:00 eastern time on June 26. You may edit your picks as many time as you like as long as your last edit is by the 7:00 p.m. deadline.

3] There are a total of 31 points available. You get one point for each player you have in the correct position. This means if you pick someone going 5th in the draft he has to be picked 5th. What team picks him doesn't matter.

You get one point for each player you have in your draft, that gets picked, regardless of position. (That means if you pick Eric Gordon going at pick 6 and he's picked at 7 you get a point regardless of which team picked him. If you have 14 players all in the wrong position you would still get 14 points.)

You get three bonus points for getting the Pacers pick correct. (Edit; You only get the bonus for getting the Pacers pick in the lottery correct, not at 17. If they should acquire another pick in the lottery I'll count that.)

4]The first tie breaker is getting the Pacers pick correct.
The second tie breaker is the most correct picks.
The third tie breaker is the earliest correct pick, then second earliest correct pick, third earliest correct pick, etc. (This means if you pick the first three picks correctly and then you miss number four, and the other person picks the first four correctly, they win.)

-------------------------------------

Player Profiles http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/2008/

Draft Order and Team Needs
[1] Chicago ............Low-post scorer, Backcourt depth
[2] Miami ...............Outside Shooters, Big Man, Bench Dept
[3] Minnesota .........Center, Perimeter Scoring
[4] Seattle ...............Point Guard, Veteran Leadership
[5] Memphis ...........Frontcourt depth, Backup swingman
[6] New York ..........Point Guard, Leadership, Interior Defense
[7] LA Clippers .......Point Guard, Scoring, Athleticism
[8] Milwaukee .........Small forward, Chemistry
[9] Charlotte ............Interior Scoring Presence, Bench Depth
[10] New Jersey .......Interior Toughness, Interior Scoring. Perimeter Shooting
[11] Indiana ..............Point guard, Frontcourt depth
[12] Sacramento .......Point guard, Post scoring, Defensive-minded players
[13] Portland ............Bench Depth, Veteran Leadership
[14] Golden State .....Rebounding, Defensive toughness, Three-point shooting

Fill in
[1] Chicago ............
[2] Miami ................
[3] Minnesota .........
[4] Seattle ...............
[5] Memphis ...........
[6] New York ...........
[7] LA Clippers .......
[8] Milwaukee .........
[9] Charlotte ............
[10] New Jersey .....
[11] Indiana .............
[12] Sacramento .....
[13] Portland ...........
[14] Golden State ...

Will Galen
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
[1] Chicago .................Rose

[2] Miami ....................Beasley
I think Miami will take Beasley and then trade with Minnesota which assures them of getting Mayo. They will get another player and doing it this way means Mayo won't cost as much if they drafted him themselves.

[3] Minnesota ..............Mayo

[4] Seattle .................B. Lopez

[5] Memphis ................Gordon

[6] New York ...............Gallinari

[7] LA Clippers .............Westbrook

[8] Milwaukee ..............Alexander

[9] Charlotte ................Love

[10] New Jersey ...........R.Lopez

[11] Indiana ................Bayless

[12] Sacramento ..........Augustin

[13] Portland ...............Rush
I think the surest thing in this draft is this pick will be traded, so anybody could go here.

[14] Golden State ........Ajinka

17] Pacers .................Hibbert
<!-- / message --><!-- vBlogetin Edit --><!-- End vBlogetin Edit --><!-- controls --> <!-- / message --><!-- vBlogetin Edit --><!-- End vBlogetin Edit --><!-- controls -->

indygeezer
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
1) Beasley

2) Rose

3) Bayless

4) Mayo

5) Randolf

6) Love

7) Westbrook

8) Gordon

9) B. Lopez

10) D Jordan

11) Augustin

12) Galanari

13) Budinger

14) McGee

MyFavMartin
06-10-2008, 02:05 PM
1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Bayless
5. Love
6. B. Lopez
7. Westbrook
8. Alexander
9. Kofous
10. Gallinari
11. Speights
12. Augustin
13. Gordon
14. Randolph

dagrubbs
06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
1. rose
2. beasley
3. mayo
4. bayless
5. lopez
6. randolph
7. Gordon
8. Gallinari
9. Jordan
10. Love
11. Arthur
12. Westbrook
13. Alexander
14. Speights

Mourning
06-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Cool initiative, Will :). I'll join in.

[1] Chicago ............ Rose.
Though Beasley makes good sense for them aswell, but I'm guessing they will go with the hometown player along with Rose playing at a more difficult position to fill in.

[2] Miami ................ Beasley. Great talent, maybe will get traded by Miami, maybe he won't, but he won't go below two whatever happens. I don't buy Mayo going above Beasley for a single second.

[3] Minnesota ......... Mayo. Sure they allready are well-filled there, but he's the best player on the board and has a huge ceiling on top of the huge quality he obviously allready had. Love is IMO definitely a smoke-screen. I don't see Minnesota ending up with Love unless if they make a trade down with another team a little lower. Maybe a team that likes Mayo a lot and could pick Love for Minnesota. Even if not then still Mayo is a major addition even if they have the position well-covered. And they could still make moves at SG in the summer.

[4] Seattle ............... Bayless. Could go third to Minnesota, but somehow... I dunno. Seattle seems like a good fit. I think they will keep one of either Watson and Ridnour, while shopping the other. Just not buying the talk of Seattle maybe going for Lopez at all.

[5] Memphis ........... Lopez. Sure, he might not go top-3, but I see more then enough teams that might have a LOT of interest in this guy playing at a tough position to fill. I think Memphis has been looking for a decent center for years and years now and the need on their frontcourt for a quality player has only increased with Gasol getting traded away for scraps. They might go for Love, but for now I choose to believe that is a smoke-screen and they will go for the legit 7-footer.

[6] New York ........... Gordon. Sort of a surprise maybe to see him picked by New York, but we have first experience in Indiana with names ending up on our team we hadn't really seriously considered before and turning out solid to spectacular. Now the guy most responsible for that here is in New York. I'm hearing too much Westbrook and Gallinari to think it will be them who will be picked by Donnie. Gordon has huge offensive potential, is still very young, so can be molded, has a good character and easily has NBA 3pt range. My earlier pick, Randolph seems to be sliding on every single draft mock I have seen the past two weeks, indicating his workouts aren't going too well and there are some questions regarding his motivation to persevere. That all combined would probably make him too much of a risk for the Knicks at such a high position.

[7] LA Clippers ....... Russell Westbrook a talent with big upside at the spot they need reeinforced most. Picking Gordon or Gallinari (whom I had here before) would definitely help them aswell, especially if Maggette does bolt, but at PG they are atrocious at the moment and Westbrook also adds another perimeter defender next to Ross. Is a local player from UCLA.

[8] Milwaukee ......... Alexander. Rapidly emerged in the second half of the college season and has had good workouts. Had Gordon here before, but EVERY site with a mock draft has the last two weeks pencilled Alexander in here and kept him there. I'm trusting on them to be right this time (:pray:).

[9] Charlotte ............ Love. I had Augustin pencilled in here before, but then I remembered they have Larry friggin Brown over there now and Larry friggin Brown doesn't LIKE rookie PG's! And considering that Love had good workouts and the Bobcats have to be massively dissappointed in Sean May and want to get Okafor some help upfront makes them picking Love (or Lopez depending which one is still there) and more logical choice, while they help the (back up) PG spot through free agency, preferably an experienced veteran Brown can work with. Then there's the thing that the Bobcats seem to have a serious hard-on for college heroes and Love (aswell as Lopez) fit that bill perfectly.

[10] New Jersey ..... Gallinari. Probably the best talent left and has good upside, has shown leadership with his pro-team in Italy as a youngster this season and makes dealing Jefferson "easier" for them should it come to that.

[11] Indiana ............. Speights. I think everyone is focusing on a PG, but I don't think there's that many Guards the Pacers would be interested in and atleast one of two that they might want will be gone. I hope Augustin will be the one picked, because I think us not beying ABLE to pick him would be a good thing (;)). Westbrook is the other obvious candidate that we could make a go at. I'm betting on Speights though (with some convincing from some around here I freely admit ;)), while I think they will go with a player more ready to contribute straight away at #17 (Chalmers, Rush, Arthur).

[12] Sacramento ..... Augustin. They need a PG. BADLY since Bibby left. He, like Bibby, has range and likes to play uptempo and is a decent disher aswell. Works I would say.

[13] Portland ........... Randolph. Dunno why really, but I don't see him falling much further then this. Maybe they will pick him for someone else who couldn't get him otherwise.

[14] Golden State ... Arthur. A reasonably ready PF with good offensive motions and pretty mobile. Sounds like someone Nellie would like to add to his frontcourt, especially with him not as enthousiastic about Harrington. This would make Harrington (over time) more expendable.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Kraft
06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
1. Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis
Simply the best player in this draft.

2. Michael Beasley, PF, Kansas State
Simply the most productive in this draft.

3. OJ Mayo, SG, USC
Honestly, I would draft him over Beasley. He seems more likely to be a championship player.

4. Jerryd Bayless, PG, Arizona
Don't believe the hype. How does a team go from loving this guy to loving Russell Westbrook instead? I don't get it. Bayless is better.

5. Kevin Love, PF, UCLA
Love's ready for this spot. So am I.

6. Eric Gordon, SG, Indiana
Sorry Knicks fans.

7. Russell Westbrook, PG, UCLA
I hate this thing.

8. Joe Alexander, SF, West Virginia
A match made in Milwaukee.

9. Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy
First of many Larry Brown love-'em, leave-'em guys in Charlotte.

10. DJ Augustin, PG, Texas
Guessing at a swoop in from Portland. Just guessing

11. Brook Lopez, C, Stanford
Hey, he's big.

12. Anthony Randolph, SF, LSU
The Kings suck. Just being honest.

13. Brandon Rush, SG, Kansas
One of my favorite players in the draft. Since this slot is likely to be traded, I'll take Rush. I'd love the Pacers to find a way.

14. Donte Green, SF, Syracuse
Slotted on talent and athleticism.

Others I considered late but didn't care enough to try to fit them in or that I skipped altogether because I didn't like their last name or school: Kosta Koufus, C, Ohio State

Mourning
06-13-2008, 11:52 AM
bump! :)

Mourning
06-14-2008, 10:07 AM
I might change/shuffle my picks the coming weeks a little too, so you are not alone in that, Jose.

I'm just interested in seeying other peoples opinions, picks and reasonings for them :).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

pwee31
06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Fill in
[1] Chicago ............ Derrick Rose
[2] Miami ................ Michael Beasley (trade?)
[3] Minnesota ......... Oj Mayo
[4] Seattle ............... Jerred Bayless
[5] Memphis ........... Kevin Love
[6] New York ........... Eric Gordon
[7] LA Clippers ....... Russell Westbrook
[8] Milwaukee ......... Joe Alexander
[9] Charlotte ............ Brook Lopez
[10] New Jersey ..... Danillo Gallinari
[11] Indiana ............. Kosta Koufos
[12] Sacramento ..... Anthony Randolph
[13] Portland ........... Dj Augustin
[14] Golden State ... Darrel Arthur<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

maragin
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Making a new one of these, but leaving the old one up for reference.
6-26-2008

[1] Chicago - Michael Beasley
[2] Miami - Derrick Rose
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[4] Seattle - Eric Gordon
[5] Memphis - Kevin Love
[6] New York - Jerrod Bayless
[7] LA Clippers - Brook Lopez
[8] Milwaukee - Russell Westbrook
[9] Charlotte - Joe Alexander
[10] New Jersey - Danillo Gallinari
[11] Indiana - DJ Augustin
[12] Sacramento - Anthony Randolph
[13] Portland - Roy Hibbert
[14] Golden State - Kosta Koufos

-------------------------------------
6-17-2008
[1] Chicago - Michael Beasley
[2] Miami - Derrick Rose
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[4] Seattle - Jerrod Bayless
[5] Memphis - Brook Lopez
[6] New York - Russell Westbrook
[7] LA Clippers - Eric Gordon
[8] Milwaukee - Danillo Gallinari
[9] Charlotte - Kevin Love
[10] New Jersey - Anthony Randolph
[12] Sacramento - Roy Hibbert
[13] Portland - Joe Alexander

Mr. Sobchak
06-17-2008, 06:08 PM
[1] Chicago - Derrick Rose
[2] Miami - Michael Beasley
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[4] Seattle - Jerryd Bayless
[5] Memphis - Kevin Love
[6] New York - Eric Gordon
[7] LA Clippers - DJ Augustin
[8] Milwaukee - Joe Alexander
[9] Charlotte - Russell Westbrook
[10] New Jersey - Danilo Gallanari
[11] Indiana - Brook Lopez
[12] Sacramento - Darrell Arthur
[13] Portland - Brandon Rush
[14] Golden State - Anthony Randolph

Infinite MAN_force
06-17-2008, 06:45 PM
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[4] Seattle - Brook Lopez
[5] Memphis - Kevin Love
[6] New York - Jerryd Bayless
[7] LA Clippers - Russel Westbrook
[9] Charlotte - DJ Augustin
[10] New Jersey - Danilo Gallerini
[11] Indiana - Eric Gordon
[12] Sacramento - Darrel Arthur

[17] Roy Hibbert

Alright. There is the final edit. Somewhat wishful thinking that we get Gordon at 11, but if Seattle really takes Lopez like some are saying, it changes things a bit.

Isaac
06-18-2008, 01:42 AM
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[5] Memphis - Kevin Love
[9] Charlotte - Brook Lopez
[10] New Jersey - Mareese Speights
[12] Sacramento - Darrel Arthur
[13] Portland - Danilo Gallinari
[14] Golden State - Anthony Randolph

[15] Phoenix- Kosta Koufus
[16] Philadelphia- Roy Hibbert
[17] Toronto- DeAndre Jordan
[18] Washington- Donte Green
[19] Cleveland- Mario Chalmers
[20] Denver- Nicolas Batum
[21] New Jersey- Brandon Rush
[22] Orlando- Chris Douglas-Roberts
[23] Utah- Robin Lopez
[24] Seattle- Joey Dorsey
[26] San Antonio- Alexis Ajinca
[27] New Orleans- JaVale McGee
[28] Memphis- Jason Thompson
[29] Detroit- JJ Hickson
[30] Boston- Nathan Jawai

TRich
06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
[3] Minnesota - Kevin Love
[4] Seattle - OJ Mayo
[5] Memphis - Brook Lopez
[6] New York - Jerryd Bayless
[7] LA Clippers - Russell Westbrook
[10] New Jersey - Danilo Gallinari
[11] Indiana - Eric Gordon
[12] Sacramento - Anthony Randolph
[14] Golden State - Darrell Arthur

Jose Slaughter
06-20-2008, 12:24 AM
This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The first 4 I think have pretty much fallen into place by now.

1 Chicago ............ Derrick Rose
I've been keeping an eye on 6 mocks & Rose is #1 on everyone of them

2 Miami ............... Michael Beasley
This should be pick 1A, the Heat are in a no loose position.

3 Minnesota ......... OJ Mayo
The closer the draft gets the better Mayo seems to be. The word is he could be just as good as Rose & Beasley.

4 Seattle ............. Jerryd Bayless
Up until a couple days ago I thought the Sonics could be pulling a fast one & go big here instead. I heard JB hit 30 straight 3's.... case closed.

5 Memphis ............ Kevin Love
The Griz need a big & Love BB IQ gets him the spot over Lopez.

6 New York ........... Eric Gordon
By far the toughest pick. Whoever Walsh picks it will trigger players to rise or slide.

7 LA Clippers ......... Russell Westbrook
Another tough call, I think Danilo Gallinari could just as easily go here.

8 Milwaukee .......... Joe Alexander
I had Gallinari here before but I think the Bucks have some moves planned that would make Alexander a better pick for them

9 Charlotte ........... Brook Lopez
I had him 3rd for the longest time. I'm surprised he would still be available here.

10 New Jersey ....... Danilo Gallinari
I think the Nets would rather target another 4/5 but how could they over look a player of Gallinari's skill.

11 Indiana ............ Brandon Rush
Augustin is still a possibility here but after Bird's pre-draft press conference I think Rush is his #1 target.

12 Sacramento ...... Mareesse Speights
The Kings need a 4 & since I replaced Speights with Rush at 11, might as well slip him in here.

13 Portland ........... DJ Augustine
The Trailblazers have DJ drop into their laps. Look for some trading after this pick.

14 Golden State ..... Anthony Randolph
Someone has to pick him & there are so many options here that I think they go for broke & home the guy pans out.

Will Galen
06-21-2008, 04:45 AM
11 Indiana ............

12 Sacramento ......

13 Portland ...........

14 Golden State .....

My brain is starting to hurt. I'll have to finish this this weekend.

You do remember you posted already don't you? (grin)

Jose Slaughter
06-21-2008, 08:00 PM
You do remember you posted already don't you? (grin)

Yeppers & this is from that first post...

I'll have to get back to this later, not even sure I like my picks after the first 4.

I just wanted to get something up to see how it looked.

rm1369
06-21-2008, 10:03 PM
[1] Chicago ............Derrik Rose
I think Beasley's character questions and measurements make Rose a no-brainer.

[2] Miami ................Michael Beasley
I defenitly think Miami would prefer to trade him.

[3] Minnesota .........OJ Mayo
Love is tempting but Jefferson / Love is to small a frontcourt and Mayo is the real deal.

[4] Seattle ...............Russel Westbrook
Big Surprise. I think Bayless will slip a little. All accounts have been the Westbrooks workouts have been great and his attitude, work ethic, and upside are un-questioned. Of course I'm also a huge Westbrook fan, so what do I know.

[5] Memphis ...........Kevin Love
After trading Gasol, Memphis needs to appease the fans. Love is a perfect fit.

[6] New York ...........Jerryd Bayless
Scoring guard for D'Antoni. Makes for an interesting backcourt with Crawford. Defenitley prefer Mayo. IMO would probably prefer Westbrook as well.

[7] LA Clippers .......Eric Gordon
Would be a perfect fit next to Livingston. Unfortunantly Livingston's recovery is very much in doubt. Also, unfortunantley, Gordon's career is screwed before it starts

[8] Milwaukee .........Joe Alexander
Should be a no-brainer if he's still there.

[9] Charlotte ............Brook Lopez
Good fit next to Okafor.

[10] New Jersey .....Mareese Speights
I'm high on Speights, too. Best combination of skills, athleticism, and size available.

[11] Indiana .............DJ Augustine
Start the fill good character storys for the local fan base! I absolutley hate this pick, but Tinsley is obviously done and DJ will look and sound good to the fan base. Not a bad player, but a backup at best. Not what I'd like from the pick.

[12] Sacramento .....Darrell Arthur
Randolph and Gallanari seem like poor fits.

[13] Portland ...........Danilo Gallinari
Will be a good addition to what's quickly becoming a very stacked team.

[14] Golden State ...DeAndre Jordan
He dosen't fit Nelly ball, but someones going to take a chance on him. Why not GS? Truth is I was completly stumped as to what GS would do.

I've been high on Westbrook and Speights, so I'm probably being a little bit of a "homer" here. But there are always surprises so who knows.

shags
06-22-2008, 12:15 AM
1. Derrick Rose
2. Michael Beasley
3. O.J. Mayo
4. Brook Lopez
5. Jerryd Bayless
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Eric Gordon
8. Joe Alexander
9. Kevin Love
10. Danilo Gallinari
11. Brandon Rush
12. D.J. Augustin
13. Mario Chalmers
14. Kosta Koufos

MSA2CF
06-22-2008, 08:06 PM
[1] Derrick Rose
[2] Michael Beasley
[3] O.J. Mayo
[4] Jerryd Bayless
[5] Brook Lopez
[6] Eric Gordon
[7] Russell Westbrook
[8] D.J. Augustin
[9] Kevin Love
[10] Anthony Randolph
[11] Joe Alexander
[12] Brandon Rush
[13] Marreese Speights
[14] Donte Greene

I didn't include team names because I believe there could be some trades...If I misunderstood how you're scoring this, Will, let me know, but I think the way it is makes it irrelevant what team picks at the spot. If I have to designate the Pacers pick for the tiebreaker, then let's make it the Pacers taking Brandon Rush.

YoSoyIndy
06-22-2008, 08:44 PM
[1] Chicago ............ Derrick Rose
[2] Miami ................ Michael Beasley
[3] Minnesota ......... Brook Lopez
[4] Seattle ............... OJ Mayo
[5] Memphis ........... Kevin Love
[6] New York ........... Jerryd Bayless
[7] LA Clippers ....... Russell Westbrook
[8] Milwaukee ......... Nicolas Batum
[9] Charlotte ............ Eric Gordon
[10] New Jersey ..... Joe Alexander
[11] Indiana ............. Darrell Arthur
[12] Sacramento ..... D.J. Augustin
[13] Portland ........... Danilo Gallinari
[14] Golden State ... Anthony Randolph

purdue101
06-22-2008, 09:32 PM
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[5] Memphis - Kevin Love
[9] Charlotte - Brook Lopez
[10] New Jersey - Anthony Randolph
[11] Indiana - Mareese Speights
[12] Sacramento - DJ Augustin
[13] Portland - Danilo Gallinari
[14] Golden State - Darrell Arthur

croz24
06-23-2008, 01:08 AM
1) rose
2) mayo - if miami keeps it (i'd rather have mayo myself)
3) beasley
4) gordon - lac
5) love - who knows
6) gallinari
7) bayless - sea
8) lopez
9) westbrook
10) augustin - por/sac trade for it
11) alexander - wishful thinking
12) chalmers
13) randolph - njn
14) jordan

Infinite MAN_force
06-23-2008, 01:33 AM
1) mayo
2) gordon
3) beasley
4) rose
5) alexander
6) hibbert
7) westbrook
8) singletary
9) augustin
10) bayless
11) greene
12) walker
13) jordan
14) chalmers

:-o

Will Galen
06-23-2008, 05:23 AM
[1] Derrick Rose
[2] Michael Beasley
[3] O.J. Mayo
[4] Jerryd Bayless
[5] Brook Lopez
[6] Eric Gordon
[7] Russell Westbrook
[8] D.J. Augustin
[9] Kevin Love
[10] Anthony Randolph
[11] Joe Alexander
[12] Brandon Rush
[13] Marreese Speights
[14] Donte Greene

I didn't include team names because I believe there could be some trades...If I misunderstood how you're scoring this, Will, let me know, but I think the way it is makes it irrelevant what team picks at the spot. If I have to designate the Pacers pick for the tiebreaker, then let's make it the Pacers taking Brandon Rush.

I believe everything is already covered. Other than the Pacers, team names don't really matter, thus trades don't matter. Team names were included to make it easier for posters to keep track of what they were doing when deciding on their picks.

As for the Pacers being a tie break, there's no need to name a team. For instant if the Pacers trade up to 5th before the draft to get Westbrook, and you have Westbrook as your fifth pick you have the Pacers pick correct. If the Pacer's don't make a trade their pick will be #11, and I will count that. If the Pacer's would get another pick in the lottery, well then you would have two allowable chances of getting their pick correct. If the Pacers trade out of the lottery then no one will get it correct because this contest only covers the lottery.

According to the rules if the Pacer's pick 11th and take Alexander, you get three points, so that's who I'm going to count as your Pacer pick. Otherwise you would actually be getting two chances at getting the Pacer pick right.

Did I make that clear?

I guess it doesn't matter since I'm going to score everyone the same and I know how I'm scoring it. Oh, one other little thing. I get a bonus of ten points for running the contest. (giggle, giggle, snort)

DisplacedKnick
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Was gonna wait until tomorrow to update this but the Pacers getting TJ changes it a lot - I may still adjust it tomorrow afternoon.

[1] Chicago ............ Rose

[2] Miami ................ Beasley - they'll make noise about trading the pick or getting someone else - nobody will be fooled

[3] Minnesota ......... Mayo - gotta be him or Bayless. If they get him, look for them to try to deal McCants and/or Foye for a pick later in the 1st rd. My dream would be them taking Bayless because I think there'd be a very good chance Mayo would drop to us, but I don't think they will.

[4] Seattle ............... Bayless - I saw a mock with them taking Lopez here but they can't be that dumb, can they?

[5] Memphis ........... Love - they need FC help and Love is looking better and better

[6] New York ........... Alexander - I'm gonna monkey with the wrench here. I don't think it's Westbrook - I just don't see it. I think it's Gordon or Alexander and if Alexander can get an outside shot he has a lot of potential to be a big-time player - plus with Crawford we have a taller, skinnier, slightly weaker Gordon anyway. DW loves athletes but after being Benderized I think he'll avoid Randolph and go with the guy who has more developed skills.

[7] LA Clippers ....... Gordon - lotsa reasons lotsa people have already said

[8] Milwaukee ......... Brook Lopez - I think they'll be HIGHLY PO'd if DW takes Alexander but they get Lopez and they can figure out between him, Charlie V and Bogut for the PF/C rotation

[9] Charlotte ............ Westbrook - Felton isn't the answer at PG. I think this is a dream come true for Charlotte to get him here.

[10] New Jersey ..... Gallinari - I thought all along, until I put this together that I'd be writing Randolph's name here but NJ has had pretty good luck with Euros and Ballinari fits.

[11] Indiana ............. Arthur - They now need a PF and while Speoghts is more talented, IMO, I think Bird steers very clear of anything hinting at an attitude problem

[12] Sacramento ..... Augustin - They may benefit more from the Toronto-Indy deal than anyone

[13] Portland ........... Speights - I think they'll be working to move up so they can get a PG, or down to get Chalmers. I could even see a swap with Indy to get to Augustin. But if they pick here, even though I never dreamed he'd go this high, I think Speights fits with what they have.

[14] Golden State ... Robin Lopez - Good shot this pick gets traded. G-S has enough scoring if everyone's healthy and Lopez can step in and help on D. They may be looking to let Biedrins go and this may give them more options there. I could almost see them getting Chalmers here since Baron may also be leaving.

Will Galen
06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
{1]
[3] Minnesota ......... Mayo - gotta be him or Bayless. If they get him, look for them to try to deal McCants and/or Foye for a pick later in the 1st rd. My dream would be them taking Bayless because I think there'd be a very good chance Mayo would drop to us, but I don't think they will.

After reading the above I thought nows my chance after all these years to pay you back for all the bad things you've done to me. I was going to get all over you as to how stupid and dumb and illogical and unreasoned and brainless you were to think that Mayo would drop to the Pacers . . . and then I remembered you are a . . . cough . . . cough . . . choke . . . gasp . . . Knickerbocker fan, and I couldn't call you stupid and dumb and illogical and unreasoned and brainless, because you're not. Darn! (giggle, giggle, snort)

Really you did have me going there for a second until I remembered you are a . . . gag . . .cough . . . cough . . . choke . . . gasp . . . Knickerbocker fan. :D

And if you don't recall doing anything bad to me . . . well I don't either, but after I've known someone five years I just assume they had to have done something. (snort)

DisplacedKnick
06-23-2008, 10:58 AM
After reading the above I thought nows my chance after all these years to pay you back for all the bad things you've done to me. I was going to get all over you as to how stupid and dumb and illogical and unreasoned and brainless you were to think that Mayo would drop to the Pacers . . . and then I remembered you are a . . . cough . . . cough . . . choke . . . gasp . . . Knickerbocker fan, and I couldn't call you stupid and dumb and illogical and unreasoned and brainless, because you're not. Darn! (giggle, giggle, snort)

Really you did have me going there for a second until I remembered you are a . . . gag . . .cough . . . cough . . . choke . . . gasp . . . Knickerbocker fan. :D

And if you don't recall doing anything bad to me . . . well I don't either, but after I've known someone five years I just assume they had to have done something. (snort)

Good thing you don't know about the Life-size Reggie Miller poster I have in my closet. :D

And BTW - after the last 6 years, just being a Knick fan is reason enough to call someone stupid and dumb and illogical and brainless - but please don't - that team has given me enough pain for one lifetime.

Will Galen
06-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Players so far,

1] Will Galen
2] IndyGeezer
3] iPACER
4] dagrubbs
5] Mourning
6] Kraft
7] pwee31
8] maragin
9] Peskoe97
10] Infinite MAN_force
11] Isaac
12] TRich
13] Jose Slaughter
14] rm1369
15] shags
16] MSA2CF
17] YoSoyIndy
18] Purdue 101
19] croz24
20] DisplacedKnick
21] 31andonly
22] Shade
23] Burtrem Redneck
24] Plax80
25] Cactus Jax
26] Hicks
27] ajbry
28] Whtwudusay
29] thunderbird1245

31andonly
06-25-2008, 06:58 AM
1) Rose
2) Beasley
3) Mayo
4) Love
5) Lopez
6) Gordon
7) Westbrook
8) Bayless
9) Alexander
10) Randolph
11) Rush
12) Augustin
13) Gallinari
14) Speights

Shade
06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
1) Rose
2) Mayo
3) Beasley
4) Bayless
5) Love
6) Gordon
7) Westbrook
8) Alexander
9) Lopez
10) Gallinari
11) Koufos :mad:
12) Augustin
13) Chalmers
14) Jordan

PaceBalls
06-25-2008, 05:04 PM
[1] Chicago ............D Rose
[2] Miami ................Orange Juice Mayonaisse
[3] Minnesota .........Beasley
[4] Seattle ...............Bayless
[5] Memphis ........... Westbrook
[6] New York ...........Love
[7] LA Clippers .......Gordon
[8] Milwaukee .........Gallinari
[9] Charlotte ............Lopez
[10] New Jersey .....Alexander
[11] Indiana .............Rush
[12] Sacramento .....Augustine
[13] Portland ...........Randolph
[14] Golden State ...Koufos

[17] Indiana .............Hibbert

Plax80
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
1. Chicago.........Rose
2. Miami.........Beasley
3. Minnesota........Mayo
4. Clippers.........Gordon
5. Memphis............Love
6. New York..........Gallinari
7. Seattle...........B. Lopez
8. Milwaukee........Westbrook
9. Charlotte..........Augustin
10. New Jersey.......Alexander
11. Indiana.............Arthur ( Anyone not named Randolph is a plus)
12. sacramento........Bayless
13. Portland............R. Lopez
14. Golden State.........Green

croz24
06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
let it be known i was the first to have mayo going #2...not saying it's going to happen, but just in case it does ;-)

Hicks
06-25-2008, 07:07 PM
let it be known i was the first to have mayo going #2...not saying it's going to happen, but just in case it does ;-)

:bowdown:

:-p ;)

croz24
06-25-2008, 07:48 PM
:bowdown:

:-p ;)

you better believe it

Cactus Jax
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
#1: Derrick Rose
#2: Michael Beasley
#3: OJ Mayo
#4: Jerryd Bayless
#5: Kevin Love
#6: Russell Westbrook
#7: Eric Gordon
#8: Joe Alexander
#9: Brook Lopez
#10: Danilo Gallinari
#11: DJ Augustin
#12: Brandon Rush
#13: Mario Chalmers
#14: Kosta Koufos

Hicks
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
[1] Chicago ............ Rose
[2] Miami ................ Mayo
[3] Minnesota ......... Beasley
[4] Seattle ............... B. Lopez
[5] Memphis ........... Love
[6] New York ........... Gordon
[7] LA Clippers ....... Bayless
[8] Milwaukee ......... Alexander
[9] Charlotte ............ Randolph
[10] New Jersey ..... Augustin
[11] Indiana ............. Rush
[12] Sacramento ..... Westbrook
[13] Portland ........... Gallinari
[14] Golden State ... Koufos

ajbry
06-25-2008, 09:24 PM
1) Derrick Rose
2) O.J. Mayo
3) Michael Beasley
4) Kevin Love
5) Eric Gordon
6) Jerryd Bayless
7) Russell Westbrook
8) Anthony Randolph
9) Brook Lopez
10) Alexis Ajinca
11) Brandon Rush
12) Joe Alexander
13) Danilo Gallinari
14) Donte Greene

Whtwudusay
06-25-2008, 11:58 PM
1.) Rose
2.) Mayo
3.) Beasley
4.) B. Lopez
5.) Love
6.) Gordon
7.) Bayless
8.) Alexander
9.) Westbrook
10.) Gallinari
11.) Koufos
12.) Hibbert
13.) Augustin
14.) Ajinca

thunderbird1245
06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
I wasn't going to even attempt this.....but why not?

1. Chicago......Derrick Rose.
2. Miami.........Michael Beasley, but he probably doesnt stay in Miami.
3. Minnesota...O.J. Mayo, but he doesnt stay in Minnesota.
4. Seattle.......Brook Lopez.
5. Memphis.....Kevin Love, but he doesnt stay in Memphis.

I'm guessing at this point there will be some wacky, convoluted 3 way trade involving Beasley, Mayo, and Love. Beasley ends up in Memphis, Mayo in Miami, and Love in Minnesota. Cash, extra players,future draft picks all involved too.

6. New York.....Danilo Gallinari. I think the early indications that their coaching staff didnt like him at all was a typical Walsh smokescreen.
7. Los Angeles Clippers.......Jerryd Bayless. They play him at the point guard I would assume, and he is a good fit playing with Livingston if he makes it back.
8. Milwaukee......Joe Alexander. I think he is overrated, but the Bucks apparently love him, and they may be right to think he is exactly what they need to change the culture in Milwaukee.
9. Charlotte......Russell Westbrook. Supposedly, they've promised him here if he is available. I feel very strongly that they may take Brandon Rush though if he is gone.
10. New Jersey.....D.J Augustin. I think they trade him to Portland, picking #13, along with some other later draft picks and perhaps a player too.
11. Indiana......Mario Chalmers

Ok, now this is a tough scenario for Larry Bird, if it would happen this way. Eric Gordon, local hero and great scorer, is sitting there, and would be assumed to be the best "value" on the board. Except I don't see the Pacers selecting him, due to all the wing players we have already. Gordon isnt good enough to start for us at the wing position from day one, and I I doubt the Pacers see Gordon as a player capable of playing the point at all, even in a backup role, offensively. He could do it defensively, but not on offense. On top of that, I believe that Gordon really doesnt have any interest in playing for Indiana, from what I have heard and read. It may be unpopular, but I think the Pacers pass on Gordon, and that decision will be debated on this board for years to come. With no hope of landing him later, the Pacers make a tactical decision and go with Chalmers, knowing he wont make it to #17.

12. Sacramento.....Eric Gordon.

Believe it or not, the Kings are crushed Chalmers isnt there, as their point guard situation is in deep trouble. They will take Gordon here and hope he can play the position, and because he is the best value left. Believe it or not, I think the Kings might even listen to agree to trade for Tinsley, that is how desperate they may be. Do you think a Artest for Tinsley trade rumor would generate any activity on this board? Remember, you heard it here first.....

13. Portland.....Brandon Rush.

This pick is for New Jersey in my mock draft. The Nets tell Portland to take the Kansas wing, which gives them a plan in case they try to move either Carter or Jefferson down the road.

14. Golden State.......Alexis Ajinka.

I admit, I dont have a clue about Golden State. Nellie likes foreign big guys, and Ajinka is supposedly rising, so with no obvious selection Ill give the Warriors the skinny Euro project.

17. Just for fun, I'll do the Pacers pick from the Raptors at #17. Ill stick with my man Marresse Speights, from Florida.

Reading this after it is over, I may win for WORST mock draft....we will see what happens on Thursday night. I'll be there in Conseco, hoping for the best!

Tbird

Trader Joe
06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Gordon
5. Love
6. Gallinari
7. B. Lopez
8. Westbrook
9. Alexander
10. Augustin, traded to Portland
11. Bayless
12. Chalmers
13. Randolph, traded to New Jersey
14. Koufos

17. Speights

OakMoses
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
1. Chicago - Derrick Rose
2. Miami - Micheal Beasley
3. Minnesota - Kevin Love
4. Seattle - OJ Mayo
5. Memphis - Anthony Randolph
6. New York - Jarryd Bayless
7. LA Clippers - Russell Westbrook
8. Milwaukee - Joe Alexander
9. Charlotte - Brook Lopez
10. New Jersey - Danilo Galinari
11. Indiana - Brandon Rush
12. Sacramento - DJ Augustin
13. Portland -Eric Gordon
14. Golden State - Donte Greene

Ownagedood
06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
1 Chicago - Derrick Rose
2 Miami - Michael Beasley
3 Minnesota - OJ Mayo
4 Seattle - Jerryd Bayless
5 Memphis - Brook Lopez
6 New York - Russell Westbrook
7 LA Clippers - Eric Gordon
8 Milwaukee - Joe Alexander
9 Charlotte - Kevin Love
10 New Jersey - Anthony Randolph
11 Indiana - Darrell Arthur I don't agree with it but I think that's where they are leaning..
12 Sacramento - DJ Augustin
13 Portland - Danilo Gallinari
14 Golden State - Mareese Speights

__________________________________________________ ______________
I know this doesn't matter or count.. But I wanted to throw it in if i can...
17. Mario Chalmers (hoping he's available)

croz24
06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
winning this thing will be pure luck this year...

JHcutt18
06-26-2008, 04:12 PM
1.Derrick Rose
2.Michael Beasley
3.OJ Mayo
4.Eric Gordon
5.Kevin Love
6.Danilo Gallinari
7.Brook Lopez
8.Russell Westbrook
9.Joe Alexander
10.DJ Augustin
11.Anthony Randolph:neutral:
12.Jerryd Bayless
13.Robin Lopez
14.Kosta Koufos

avoidingtheclowns
06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
[3] Minnesota - OJ Mayo
[4] Clippers - Russell Westbrook
[5] Memphis - Kevin Love
[6] New York - Danilo Gallinari
[7] Seattle - Brook Lopez
[8] Milwaukee - Eric Gordon
[10] New Jersey - Joe Alexander
[11] Indiana - Jerryd Bayless
[12] Sacramento - Mario Chalmers

i'm posting the rest for ****s and giggles

[15] Phoenix - Robin Lopez
[16] Philadelphia - Anthony Randolph
[17] Indiana - Marreese Speights
[18] Portland - Roy Hibbert
[19] Cleveland - Darrell Arthur
[20] Charlotte - Jason Thompson
[21] New Jersey - DeAndre Jordan
[22] Orlando - Courtney Lee
[23] Utah - Alexis Ajinca
[24] Seattle - JJ Hickson
[25] Houston - JaVale McGee
[26] San Antonio - Nicholas Batum
[27] Portland - Ante Tomic
[28] Memphis - Chris Douglas-Roberts
[29] Detroit - Nathan Jawai
[30] Boston - Devon Hardin

Plax80
06-26-2008, 07:04 PM
1.Derrick Rose
2.Michael Beasley
3.OJ Mayo
4.Eric Gordon
5.Kevin Love
6.Danilo Gallinari
7.Brook Lopez
8.Russell Westbrook
9.Joe Alexander
10.DJ Augustin
11.Anthony Randolph:neutral:
12.Jerryd Bayless
13.Robin Lopez
14.Kosta Koufos

I hope you are wrong but I have a bad feeling about this as well.

Major Cold
06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
1. Rose
2. BEasley
3. Mayo
4. WEstbrook
5. Love
6. Bayless
7. Gordon
8. Lopez
9. Gallinari
10 Alexander
11. Koufos
12. Augustin
13. Rush
14. Randolph

Will Galen
06-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Avoidingtheclowns wins!

Avoidingtheclowns picked 12 of the 14 players in the lottery. He also picked 9 in the correct position. Plus he picked the Pacers picking Bayless correctly. Thus he received 24 points out of the 31 possible points. He is the clear winner over myself and indy who tied for second and were the only other posters to correctly pick Bayless as the Pacers pick.

Congratulations Avoidingtheclowns! WELL DONE!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance:

1] avoidingtheclowns.....12+9+3=24

2] Will Galen...................12+7+3=22
2] indy.............................12+7+3=22

4] Kraft............................13+6+0=19
4] Peskoe97...................13+6+0=19
4] InfiniteMAN_force......12+7+0=19
4] Jose Slaughter..........13+6+0=19
4] thunderbird1245........12+7+0=19

9] Isaac...........................12+6+0=18
9] TRich..........................13+5+0=18
9] RM1369.....................11+7+0=18
9] purdue101.................12+6+0=18
9] Plax80........................12+6+0=18
9]Cactus Jax.................12+6+0=18
9] Hicks...........................13+5+0=18
9] JHcutt18.....................13+5+0=18

17] ipacer..........................12+5+0=17
17] pwee31.......................12+5+0=17
17] shags.........................12+5+0=17
17] Ownagedood..............12+5+0=17

21] Mourning.....................12+4+0=16
21] DisplacedKnick..........11+5+0=16
21] 31andonly...................13+3+0=16
21] mellifuous...................13+3+0=16

25] dagrubbs....................11+4+0=15
25] MSA2CF....................12+3+0=15
25] YoSoyIndy.................12+3+0=15
25] croz24........................12+3+0=15
25] Burtrem Redneck......13+2+0=15

30] maragin.......................12+2+0=14
30] Shade.........................11+3+0=14
30] Whtwudusay..............11+3+0=14

33] ajbry............................12+1+0=13

34] indygeezer..................11+0+0=11

35] intridcold.....................13+7+0=20 (posted late)

Trader Joe
06-27-2008, 12:35 AM
w00t!