PDA

View Full Version : Artest to interview brawl instigator? (SacBee)

avoidingtheclowns
06-03-2008, 12:02 PM
this should be... interesting...

You thought Ron Artest interviewing Kobe Bryant was interesting? Get this...

As the continuing radio career of the Kings small forward continues, Artest is now hoping to interview the infamous John Green of the 2004 "Malice at the Palace" brawl. The Pistons fan is the one who hurled a plastic cup of beer at Artest as he rested on press row on that Nov. 19 in Detroit, sparking the bolt into the stands and yadda yadda yadda.

You know that story well, but this is something new and so very American if it comes to fruition. Apparently, Green has already been tracked down and appears to be on board with the plan. No date has been set, but the buzz grew enough that Fox's Best Damn Sports Show caught wind of it and wanted Artest to do the interview in their LA studio. Artest, who has grown so comfortable in the studio of KHTK's Carmichael Dave as his unofficial co-host recently, wants to do it in "his" house and Best Damn may be sending a video crew to capture the magic. Artest interviewed Kings rookie Spencer Hawes on the air on Thursday, when he revealed the plan to talk to Green and even asked Hawes what he would do if someone threw beer at him while he was on the free throw line. Hawes, who was his quick-witted and comical self throughout, said, "I probably wouldn't go into the stands to go after them. That probably wouldn't be what I'd do. That'd be a tough one."

Artest followed by asking, "What if they came up and put the straw in your head band?" to which Hawes answered, "Who drinks their beer with a straw? I mean, I'm not old enough to drink beer but I've never seen it taken with a straw."

Artest ended it by practically tucking the 20-year-old Hawes into bed, saying "It's 11 o'clock, so turn Blues Clues off and go to bed Spence." As an aside, Jim Rome is now a no-go on Artest's interview schedule for next week. - Sam Amick

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/012922.html

Hicks
06-03-2008, 12:17 PM

D23
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure I'll ever understand some of the things Artest does. Maybe he's just doing it for entertainment. But, I hope during the course of the interview that he's maybe able to hash out a few things with Green, say their apologies, and put the whole thing behind him once and for all.

OR... I could see Ronnie pulling out a cup of beer from under the studio desk in the middle of the interview and pelting Green in the face with it. That seems just as likely.

Naptown_Seth
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Okay, this is one where I'm glad he's not a Pacer anymore. I love all the Kings and Sacto mentions too. Finally, not an Indiana or Pacers in the whole blurb.

Roaming Gnome
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
It's nice to be able to view the "train wreck" from a distance.

This is like watching the storm brewing on the National news instead of the Local News.

so on, so forth...

Shade
06-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I hate Artest. He just keeps opening old wounds. :mad:

Jonathan
06-04-2008, 02:32 AM
I hope the best for Ronnie Artest, I would hate to see him broke and doing bad. The guy is a class act!

Twes
06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Pretty hard to imagine anything productive coming out of that.

avoidingtheclowns
06-04-2008, 09:38 AM

good azz radio

Twes
06-04-2008, 10:21 AM
good azz radio

Maybe they can schedule the two to fight on Fox Celebrity Fight Night with the winner taking on Danny Bonaduchi and Tanya Harding at the same time.

If someone would get Ben Wallace to stop taking thorazine maybe he'd want a piece of that too.

Ownagedood
06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
...We got so screwed by that brawl.. Still ticks me off.. That one night and Stern's actions are the reason we are what we are today.. We had an amazing team back then.. Pistons barely even got a slap on the hand for STARTING all of it.

NuffSaid
06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
...We got so screwed by that brawl.. Still ticks me off.. That one night and Stern's actions are the reason we are what we are today.. We had an amazing team back then.. Pistons barely even got a slap on the hand for STARTING all of it.
Now, now. Let's not cry about this four year old issue any longer. It's beyond time to move past it. Yes, I didn't like what transpired in the aftermath either, but the sooner you let it go the better. Remember it well, but dwell on it, man. Let it go...

As for the interview, I think it would be something I'd watch just for GP. Might even serve as a venue for these two to kiss and make up.

btowncolt
06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
This should go as well as a two front war in the central European theater in the middle of winter! Zing!

DisplacedKnick
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM

But we could quote it one line at a time in the random, scattered, disorganized thoughts thread and come up with 10 pages - AND be on-topic!

Twes
06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
But we could quote it one line at a time in the random, scattered, disorganized thoughts thread and come up with 10 pages - AND be on-topic!

I'm all about TOPIC ONAGE.

Sign me up.

Shade
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM

We should just rename it to the Ron Artest Thoughts Thread. But that's almost an oxymoron, isn't it?