PDA

View Full Version : Which of the following trades do you think will happen?

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Pick whichever is closest to what you think... or, if none of them sound likely.. please post what you think will happen... I hope I didn't miss anything obvious... :cool:

Hicks
06-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I must be going insane:

Al + JB for Paul Pierce (with whatever needed in change to make it all work)

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 07:30 PM
I must be going insane:

Interesting... it does seem to have some chance considering that our GM loves PP and the Celtics and that we have an easy path to negotiation...

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 07:41 PM
I must be going insane:

You're going to look pretty damn brilliant if that actually happens, Hicks. ;)

Hicks
06-11-2004, 07:42 PM
I must be going insane:

You're going to look pretty damn brilliant if that actually happens, Hicks. ;)

I hope to look brilliant!

SpADeD
06-11-2004, 10:24 PM
If only I was confident enough to believe in any of the trades. :(

Ultimate Frisbee
06-12-2004, 12:33 AM
If only I was confident enough to believe in any of the trades. :(

don't tell me you didn't vote!! :) :laugh:

Will Galen
06-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Pick whichever is closest to what you think... or, if none of them sound likely.. please post what you think will happen... I hope I didn't miss anything obvious... :cool:

I voted for #5, Harrington and #29 to Chicago for #3 and ??

I think right now the Pacer's first option is aquiring the #3 pick so they can take Livingston. The 2nd option is aquiring Dampier. It's still early yet so that could change.

ABADays
06-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Maybe I'm dense - well not maybe, I am - but why would we want Pippen?

Pig Nash
06-12-2004, 09:57 AM
expiring contract and he'd probably just retire like ferry did.

ChicagoJ
06-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Its too bad we can't assign points to the one(s) we think are most likely.

Slightly off-topic, but I've been wanting to ask:

Several people are suggesting that it would take a S&T (probably Al) to get Brent Barry. I think we can get him for the MLE; no trade.

Anybody care to say why they think Brent would command more than the MLE?

Oh, and I voted for Ron + ? for T-Mac, but that may just be wishful thinking.

SpADeD
06-12-2004, 11:21 PM
expiring contract and he'd probably just retire like ferry did.

Yea, but we don't need that. We need players who can play, not cap space at the moment.

Peck
06-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Upon further consideration the one trade that is able to be done straight up without other players to be thrown in may be the one trade that addresses some of our needs.

Of course T-Mac would be nice, but I just don't see it happening.

On the other hand if Al has to be traded then the Al & Pollard for Mobley & Cato would be usefull.

Cato is a big man but isn't planted in the ground like Dampier is & he is a good shot blocker & not a bad rebounder. His offense is limited but it will do.

Mobley is inconsistant but he does have an outside shot. He would keep defenses honest at least.

Ryan
06-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Paul Pierce in a Pacers uni would be a dream come true.

Kegboy
06-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow, some wishful thinking going on, with #2 leading. That'd sure be nice, but I don't see it happening without Ronnie.

I voted #12, just because I think its too important for us to get a 2 guard. May be #13.

In reality, I think we'll have a trade that isn't on here, but I have no idea what it'll be. :whoknows:

Roaming Gnome
06-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Voted for #14 because I think Al will be here.

The better Detroit plays, the more I start to cling to what Donnie Walsh said about the Pacers finishing in the Final 4 is making doing nothing a possibility. What this means to me is that the Pacers feel they are dealing from a position of want, not need and they wont be just trading Al to get rid of him.

As much as we think Al is worth...I get the feeling that he is going to be a hard sell to the rest of the league for marquee players and doesn't get the return that we are wanting.

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 12:23 AM
In his best Frau Farbissina voice

Lies , Lies ....It's all Lies !!!

Hicks
06-13-2004, 12:36 AM
I have no doubt a trade will happen. It's figuring out WHAT that's the tricky part. But no way is this team returning next year as it was this season, and I'm in no way referring to Anderson or Brewer. :p :D

sweabs
06-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Looking at the poll results, it seems like there is some wishful thinking taking place :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 02:05 AM
Looking at the poll results, it seems like there is some wishful thinking taking place :laugh:

I wouldn't know I haven't voted cause I think they are all pretty far out there :laugh:

I do like this trade Mobley + Cato to Indy; Harrington + Pollard + ?? to Houston

But I don't see it happening so :whoknows:

sweabs
06-13-2004, 10:19 AM

I wouldn't know I haven't voted cause I think they are all pretty far out there :laugh:

I do like this trade Mobley + Cato to Indy; Harrington + Pollard + ?? to Houston

But I don't see it happening so :whoknows:

Yup - that is my favourite too.