PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith even screams in his emails!

Stryder
06-11-2004, 07:01 PM
LOL.

I emailed Mr. Smith earlier today and said this:

"Hey, Mr. Smith:

Just wanted to get your thoughts on the Eastern Conference at this
moment in time.

If the Pistons win the series, are you going to jump as quickly OFF
the Lakers bandwagon as you jumped ON it?

Sincerely."

He replied:

"I'M ON NO ONE'S BANDWAGON. I picked the Pistons and the Lakers to get to the Finals, and I haven't been wrong yet.
However, if the Lakers lose this series, I'll man up and acknowledge I was wrong, as I always do, although it is rare (check the record: I'm speaking fact).

Take care!"

Just thought it was funny. hehe. :devil:

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 07:14 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sounds like him!

Hicks
06-11-2004, 07:14 PM
How do you email him? What's his address?

I've got way too much time on my hands right now, maybe I can send him a string of emails to see how many times I can get him to use the CAPSLOCK key. :D

kerosene
06-11-2004, 08:30 PM
You gotta live the gimmick.

Stryder
06-11-2004, 08:45 PM
How do you email him? What's his address?

I've got way too much time on my hands right now, maybe I can send him a string of emails to see how many times I can get him to use the CAPSLOCK key. :D

His address is:

ssmith@phillynews.com

Have fun. I was surprised to get a response so quickly.

SpADeD
06-11-2004, 10:31 PM
At least he is interactive and replies, and it's not no auto response bs message like the NBA does.

wallaceX2
06-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Thanks Stryder. It feels cool to be able to ask a question personally to the guy I watch every morning sitting on the couch. I just sent him one...since I thought I'd probably only get one email to send to him without bugging him, I tried to include a lot of questions in one:

Mr. Smith,

What did the Pistons do last game that held Shaq to only 14 points? Was it the Pistons contesting his shots and forcing him a bit farther away from the hoop, or was Shaq just having an off night? As for Kobe, who only scored 11, who on the Pistons is guarding him the most effectively? Is it Tayshaun? Thanks,

-Jon

I'll post a response (if he sends me one). :dance: