PDA

View Full Version : As if you needed more reason to dislike the Lakers......

Kstat
06-11-2004, 06:00 PM
First of all, Karl Malone is being investigated by the police for deliberately poking a fan in the eye....good job Malone

2ndly, Mychal Thompson, who backed up Kareem for 3 years in LA and serves as a Laker color commentator, called it local radio today. He proceeded to rip the bad boys, saying Isiah Thomas was a "great actor" and calimed he FAKED being injured in the 1988 finals, and accused him of faking the crutches he was walking on the next day to get attention.

Thompson, when asked about the series proceeded to say this:
The Pistons don't deserve the series. They don't deserve any calls. In life the pretty girls get the dates, the rich guys gets the girls, and the superstars deserve the calls. If Detroit wants calls, they should go out and get a pretty superstar like Shaq and Kobe. LA will win this series because we have the stars and Detroit has a bunch of no-names.

Yeah, typical lakers...... :rolleyes:

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Please tell me he was being sarcastic.

Kstat
06-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Please tell me he was being sarcastic.

Well I was hoping he was, but he said it all in a very serious tone. The Isiah comment i KNOW he was being serious on, because the reason he was brought on is because he was spouting that same nonsense on LAKER radio.

ABADays
06-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry Kstat - my tank is full. I can't hate the Lakers any more than I already do.

Bball
06-11-2004, 06:17 PM
He thinks Shaq is 'pretty'?

Chuck, I think they might have a Love Connection!!!! :love:

:P

Bball

Kstat
06-11-2004, 06:34 PM
On the other hand, one of the handful of Lakers I DO respect, Magic Johnson, had this to say:

I wish sometimes that the Laker fans would come to the midwest and see how REAL basketball fans are supposed to react to their team.

Magic ripping his OWN fans.......wow :o

Roaming Gnome
06-11-2004, 06:48 PM
On the other hand, one of the handful of Lakers I DO respect, Magic Johnson, had this to say:

I wish sometimes that the Laker fans would come to the midwest and see how REAL basketball fans are supposed to react to their team.

I never seen that comming!!! :worship:

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 07:43 PM

When and where did he say that?

Kstat
06-11-2004, 07:44 PM

When and where did he say that?

the same Detroit radio station.

indygeezer
06-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Well he is from Michigan (State), so I guess he might still have some loyalty.

I'm saddened by Malone, I've always thought of him as my 2nd fav player. But since he whored himself I ain't got no respect for much of anything he does now.

It's too bad there is a Piston fan back trolling on the "other" board now. He is turning some Pacer fans that were rooting for the Pistons into disinterested if not haters.

efx
06-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Malone doesn't suprise me. He's been capable of that his whole career.

dipperdunk
06-12-2004, 03:31 AM
First of all, Karl Malone is being investigated by the police for deliberately poking a fan in the eye....good job Malone

Your leaving out some important facts Kstat, they showed the replay of what happened on ABC. The fan who was obviously belligerent had a court side seat and a drink in his hand. He was standing on the court where he had no right being and was obviously acting rude and obnoxious when Karl Malone walked by him this fan spit at Karl Malone which caused Malone to turn around immediately and get up in his face. This fan was the type that believed because he spent $500++ for a courtside seat that it gave him the right to act like a jerk; I'm not a big fan of Karl Malone but when a person acts like that then I would have had no problem with Malone decking the guy. I'm all for loud and passionate fans but IMO your crossing a line when go on to the court and spit at a player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1820204

Shade
06-12-2004, 08:54 AM

Your leaving out some important facts Kstat, they showed the replay of what happened on ABC. The fan who was obviously belligerent had a court side seat and a drink in his hand. He was standing on the court where he had no right being and was obviously acting rude and obnoxious when Karl Malone walked by him this fan spit at Karl Malone which caused Malone to turn around immediately and get up in his face. This fan was the type that believed because he spent $500++ for a courtside seat that it gave him the right to act like a jerk; I'm not a big fan of Karl Malone but when a person acts like that then I would have had no problem with Malone decking the guy. I'm all for loud and passionate fans but IMO your crossing a line when go onto on the court and spit at a player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1820204

Yup. Too bad most Pistons fans seem to be so freakin' rude -- it makes it really hard to root for them. No wonder they love Sheed so much. :unimpressed:

TheSauceMaster
06-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Again another reason pistons fans think whatever they do isn't rude , hope the fan is happy because he could have earned himself a asasault charge , spitting on someone is assault by bodily fluid charge and from reading the article he did indeed spit in Karl's face.

Malone, a 19-year NBA veteran and the league's second-leading career scorer, said Friday that the fan had obviously been drinking and spit in his face while heckling him.

TheSauceMaster
06-12-2004, 01:37 PM
This fan must been a Idiot , I just was reading a article he paid $25,000. for that ticket and he got kicked out :laugh:

"He stepped on the floor looking like he had a couple beers and I felt spit hit my face and I didn't like that too much," Malone said.

Asked if he'd touched the man, Malone said, "Maybe I did, but he was on the court, he was in my playing field. ... I didn't like the fact that the guy was rude and then I get some spit on my face. That's not professional on anybody's court.

"I'm not going to let a guy spit on me. As a player, that's where I draw the line. Whether he tried to or not, I felt spit on my face."

A witness, who was working security, said the fan shouted at Malone using "words likely to provoke a reaction."

If I was Malone and this guy want's to play Hardball , I would file a assault charge on him .

Kstat
06-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Now that's funny! I know Magic would say something like that.

My question was...WHERE IS THE LINK TO MYCHAL THOMPSON'S COMMENTS KSTAT. You quoted a wack statement but no link?

They are absurd .

Call up WDFN. I'll even give you their phone number. I'm sure they'll be HAPPY to provide you with an audio transcript of the segment.

In fact, I think I'm going to do that MYSELF, so I can play back to you OVER AND OVER again, the symbol of your franchise telling you that Laker fans are inferior to Piston fans. Thats what you're going to get for calling me a liar.

Thanks for the idea. ;)

Kstat
06-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Step away from the CRACK PIPE.

The symbol of my franchise.'

Mychal Thompson?
:confused:

Are you for real?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For someone who so frequently professes his own intelligence, you certainly don't display a lot of it. :D

Very slowly now, stop, take a deep breath, go back, and re-read my original post.

Kstat
06-12-2004, 07:26 PM
You spouted off on Malone without clue. It was a natural progression.... WHEN SOMEBODY SPITS ON YOU AND IS ON THE COURT NEAR YOU (Security???) IT'S TIME TO, 'GET DOWN' AS WE SAY on the court in my neighborhood.

What would you have done differently my esteemed colleague of the keyboard?

First of all, my original post predates Malone's accusation of being spit on. Though it certainly didn't LOOK like he was spit on in the videotape, I'll have to take his word for it. If Indeed that happened, then the guy is an idiot. Though Malone's accusation of the guy being on the court was supid. The guy was barely out of his SEAT. The only reason he was CLOSE enough to be spit on is because he got in a shouting match with the fan. He could easily have asked an usher to handle it, or simply ignored him. Trust me, this isnt the first time a player has been heckled by a fan at courtside.

I also still think Malone was in the wrong for poking the guy in the eye. He could have simply had the guy ejected out of his 25,000 seat and prosecuted him later.

What, you think I didn't mention it because I figured nobody here would find out otherwise? That post sat there ALL DAY before anyone added the spitting part to it. :rolleyes:

JOneal7
06-12-2004, 07:27 PM
This fan must been a Idiot , I just was reading a article he paid $25,000. for that ticket and he got kicked out :laugh:

"He stepped on the floor looking like he had a couple beers and I felt spit hit my face and I didn't like that too much," Malone said.

Asked if he'd touched the man, Malone said, "Maybe I did, but he was on the court, he was in my playing field. ... I didn't like the fact that the guy was rude and then I get some spit on my face. That's not professional on anybody's court.

"I'm not going to let a guy spit on me. As a player, that's where I draw the line. Whether he tried to or not, I felt spit on my face."

A witness, who was working security, said the fan shouted at Malone using "words likely to provoke a reaction."

If I was Malone and this guy want's to play Hardball , I would file a assault charge on him .
For spitting on a guy? LOL...yeah man i spit on karl malone, that's why i'm in prison! And what's he gonna do? GO AFTER HIM FOR MONEY? LOL wow he looks real tough then. And hell, if you can file assault for spitting on someone why not just file assault for the elbow he directly threw in the Twolves series? Or was it the kings? well i'm not sure because he throws A LOT of elbows...and they are intentional.
So hey...If a guy elbows me in basketball, i'll just sue him for assault ? ;)...
people are so quick to sue people or file charges in this country it's sickening!

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 12:10 AM
For spitting on a guy? LOL...yeah man i spit on karl malone, that's why i'm in prison! And what's he gonna do? GO AFTER HIM FOR MONEY? LOL wow he looks real tough then. And hell, if you can file assault for spitting on someone why not just file assault for the elbow he directly threw in the Twolves series? Or was it the kings? well i'm not sure because he throws A LOT of elbows...and they are intentional.
So hey...If a guy elbows me in basketball, i'll just sue him for assault ? ;)...
people are so quick to sue people or file charges in this country it's sickening!

It's called Assault with bodily fluid.

A person convicted of the offense of assault with a bodily fluid shall be fined an amount not to exceed $1,000 or incarcerated in a county jail or a state prison for a term not to exceed 1 year, or both.

"bodily fluid" means any bodily secretion, including but not limited to feces, urine, blood, and saliva.

That's the Basic law and some states consider Assault with bodily fluid as a aggravated assault which is much more serious and can carry a sentence of five years in jail and $15,000 in fines.

Also I never said Karl Malone should sue him

also when I said "If I was Malone and this guy want's to play Hardball , I would file a assault charge on him"

I was refering to this dip **** fan , who says he will drop the charges if the Lakers or Karl will give him the 25,000 he lost on the ticket since he was kicked outta the game.