PDA

View Full Version : Shocked

ABADays
05-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I am really surprised the last two HUGE wins for the Fever didn't generate any comments at all. I know most of the board are not Fever fans but some of us are. Beating the Suns and Sparks back-to-back is a tall order and they did it. What's it going to be like when Catch gets back?

gummy
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I am really surprised the last two HUGE wins for the Fever didn't generate any comments at all. I know most of the board are not Fever fans but some of us are. Beating the Suns and Sparks back-to-back is a tall order and they did it. What's it going to be like when Catch gets back?

What an unfortunate thread title for those of us who have a grudge against Detroit. :D

I commented about the game in the Candace Parker thread. Robertmto said he was going to last nights game in order to see CP and I wanted to get a report from someone who was there. Did you go?

I'm really looking forward to Catch's return. I'm interested to see how she meshes with Douglas. Is there going to be some confusion about who the leader/go-to person is?

Gyron
05-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure ABA didn't make it.....I mean he could take an intercontinental flight, and I know he's a HUGE fever fan, but I'm not sure he's so huge he'd fly from Iraq.........

I wish the WNBA still played here in Charlotte so I could watch them.

Hicks
05-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Gnome and I went to it last night. That was my first WNBA game. I know their (league) slogan this year is "Expect Great", but I went to "Expect Okay" and Okay is exactly what I got. A lot of flaws, but correctable flaws. If they keep their collective heads above water, I can see the WNBA being much better in a decade.

As for the Fever, a good win and it's more impressive since Catchings wasn't playing.

Robertmto
05-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Gnome and I went to it last night. That was my first WNBA game. I know their (league) slogan this year is "Expect Great", but I went to "Expect Okay" and Okay is exactly what I got. A lot of flaws, but correctable flaws. If they keep their collective heads above water, I can see the WNBA being much better in a decade.

As for the Fever, a good win and it's more impressive since Catchings wasn't playing.

I was also there, and that was honestly some terrible basketball/officiating. The referees made plenty of mistakes with the clock/shot clock. The girl threw some passes that make Sorgi look like Manning, and Candace Parker is the most beautiful woman of all time.

grace
05-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I couldn't go to the game because I had to work. I've seen enough WNBA games to know that most of their refs make the NBA refs look good.

Robertmto
05-30-2008, 06:49 PM
I couldn't go to the game because I had to work. I've seen enough WNBA games to know that most of their refs make the NBA refs look good.

QFT

These guys/girl were honestly, horrible. Theres not even really a word for it.

Shade
05-31-2008, 03:27 AM
I haven't seen a game yet this season. I never seem to be able to find one on TV when I'm around one.

grace
05-31-2008, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen a game yet this season. I never seem to be able to find one on TV when I'm around one.

Other than tonight's game the competition isn't all that good (although at the moment Minnesota is leading the west). Maybe CT isn't as bad as they looked when the Fever :buttkick: last week.

http://www.wnba.com/fever/schedule/

Tonight Detroit 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana

JUNE
Sat. 7 Houston 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
Tue. 24 Sacramento 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
Thu. 26 at New York 7:00 p.m. ESPN2

JULY
Sat. 5 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
Thu. 24 Minnesota 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana

AUGUST
[7/28 to 8/27: Break for 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China]
Thu. 28 Connecticut 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana
Thu. 11 New York 7:00 p.m. FSN Indiana

ABADays
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
GD Detroit AGAIN!

Kstat
06-03-2008, 06:08 PM
:laugh: ah, that felt good...

Beating the Fever isn't exactly beating the celtics, but it isn't beating the Pacers, either...

Still can't believe someone was actually willing to trade us the 4rd pick in the draft for Swin Cash....

Shade
06-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Still can't believe someone was actually willing to trade us the 4rd pick in the draft for Swin Cash....

The Hawks are in the WNBA now?