PDA

View Full Version : Who is better Dwayne Wade or Carmello Anthony

Unclebuck
06-11-2004, 04:30 PM
I guess the better question is who will be better in 5 years.

Most Pacers fans might be a little biased after watching Wade for 6 games of the Heat series, but I think it is still a good question.

Let me ask a few other questions, if the Pacers could add one or the other who would you want to add.

Hicks
06-11-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm definitely bias in favor of Wade right now.

Zesty
I'd rather have Wade. We've got enough scoring out the forward spot right now with Harrington and Artest. I'd keep Tinsley at the point and start Wade at SG and let him be a combo guard.

ChicagoJ
I think Carmello would be a nice upgrade for the Pacers at SF.

:devil: :flirt:

SkipperZ
06-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I'd rather have Wade on Indiana, but Carmello will be the better player once he grows up.

Snickers
06-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd take Wade, because he fills an immediate need for this team. And he's shown he can really carry a team when needed to, and he's already shown he doesn't choke in the playoffs, which is rare for a rookie.

Carmelo shot 32% FG and 18% threes in the playoffs, Wade shot 46% and 38%. Plus he spells his name "Dwyane" which if spoken phonetically, sounds nothing like "Dwayne." That's just plain cool. :cool:

Kegboy
06-11-2004, 04:47 PM
They're both gonna be great players, but I think Melo moreso has the makings of a special player. He's just got a complete game. He may not have Wade's speed or LeBron's court vision, but I've never seen a player come into the league with such a wide arsenal of offensive tools to work with. Some people (*cough*kstat*cough) denigrate his D, but I think it's fine for a rookie, and with the right coaching he'll be a decent defender.

As for who fits better for the Pacers, that's tough. Before the Detroit series, I would have probably said Wade. Now, however, the chance to get a guy who can not only create his own offense, but do it against anybody (remember his second game against Ronnie) is too good to pass up. Sure, Melo's more of a pure 3 than 2, but I wouldn't have any problem pairing him with Artest at the swing positions.

Speaking of which, watching the Two on Two from last night, was anyone waiting for James or Anthony to say they'd rather be Wade, since he advanced in the playoffs. Maybe it's just me. ;)

Cactus Jax
06-11-2004, 05:09 PM
In 2-3 years it's going to be like this:

1. Lebron James (James will be the best player in the NBA in 2-3 years)
2. Dwyane Wade (Wade will be one of the best combo guards EVER)
(Big gap here)
3. Carmello Anthony (I don't think he's going to be all that much better than he is now)
4. Chris Bosh (Unique talent, although they need size in Toronto or else he'll get beat up)
5. Darko Milicic (Although he could go as high as 3 from what I've seen in his practices)

Alabama-Redneck
06-11-2004, 05:28 PM
That is easy. Wade is the better guard and Anthony is the better forward.

It is hard to compare players that play different positions. That is like comparing Cousey and Russell, Bird and Magic and Jordan and Shaq.

You can make a choice but it is hard to compare. :cool:

sweabs
06-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Wade is better - he is gonna be one special player. Just wait till he gets a consistent 3 point shot in his repetoire and he's gonna be scary. He is just awesome at creating and penetrating...but when he goes into the lane with all those big guys he has to watch himself b/c that is when injuries occur.

Arcadian
06-11-2004, 06:19 PM
I am bais towards Wade having seen him play more.

I also think Melo had a great situation around him in Denver having shot blockers behind him and shooters around him.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Since Syracuse won the NCAA championship and Marquette lost it (despite both teams having very similar records), I pick Carmelo Anthony...

I personally have always thought that Wade would have been #1 pick almost any other year than last year however... He should have been #3 with Detroit taking Carmelo and Denver taking Wade... I think taking Darko or any 18 year old to be too much of a project/risk, especially when there are proven stars that average 21.46 pts/game 6.29 reb/game and 4.11 assists/game in college and that almost lead their teams to the championship...

Hicks
06-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Since Syracuse won the NCAA championship and Marquette lost it (despite both teams having very similar records), I pick Carmelo Anthony...

If and when Detroit wins the title, I'll be sure to check and see if you call Rip Hamilton the better player than Kobe Bryant.

wallaceX2
06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Don't know about Wade, but I'd rather have Carmelo Anthony on my team than Darko Milicic. ;)
Hopefully Darko will put on a few pounds and help Detroit out next year...

SpADeD
06-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Don't know about Wade, but I'd rather have Carmelo Anthony on my team than Darko Milicic. ;)
Hopefully Darko will put on a few pounds and help Detroit out next year...

I bet you do. :laugh:

As for the main question, Wade has proved himself in the Playoffs, Mello hasn't. But hey, they were both ONLY rookies.

TheSauceMaster
06-13-2004, 06:18 AM
Ask me this question again next year too hard to choose and since they play diffrent positions it hard to say.