PDA

View Full Version : OT: Unbelieveable

ABADays
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Not five minutes ago I had a terrific visit with one of the troops over here transitioning to go home. It was Gyron's brother, David, on his way home after serving on a Stryker force over here. It was just a shock when he told me how he found me. Makes the world a bit smaller.

BTW Gyron, I stressed to him how proud you are of him. Look for him to give you a hard time over that.

Gyron
05-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Wow, thanks so much ABA, that is unbelievable.

I was wondering when he's going to get home. He severed contact with us last Wednesday and told us that he would be home in the next week or two, he'd call us when he hit the states.

Small world indeed. Thanks again for all you do.

As for the the hard time, well, we give each other a hard time all the time. Thats why we make such good brothers. We enjoy pestering the **** out of each other:)

ABADays
05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Not quite like meeting in the concourse of Conseco for a quick PD pow-wow ;)

Gyron
05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
One of these days, I will meet you somewhere and buy you a drink my friend. Thanks for all you do.

Now I have a funny story to tell my family tonight.

Pacersfan46
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Not quite like meeting in the concourse of Conseco for a quick PD pow-wow ;)

Bowchickawowow?

-- Steve --

Shade
05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
That's amazing.

Hey, maybe now you can have a forum party in Iraq. ;)

Btw, when will you be back in Indy, ABA? We should have a forum party to commemorate your triumphant return. :usa:

ABADays
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
That's amazing.

Hey, maybe now you can have a forum party in Iraq. ;)

Btw, when will you be back in Indy, ABA? We should have a forum party to commemorate your triumphant return. :usa:

I should be back for R&R September 6-23. And yes, there is a Pizza Hut right next door to where I work. Wish iit were Donatos.

Gyron
05-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey ABA, did my brother say when he thought he'd be back in the US?

What else did he say?

Feel free to PM. When I got your message I was amazed, and in shock and didn't ask the questions I should have asked:)

Shade
05-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I should be back for R&R September 6-23. And yes, there is a Pizza Hut right next door to where I work. Wish iit were Donatos.

I'm in. :)

Besides, I need someone new for Peck to pick on. ;)

ABADays
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey ABA, did my brother say when he thought he'd be back in the US?

What else did he say?

Feel free to PM. When I got your message I was amazed, and in shock and didn't ask the questions I should have asked:)

Check your PM.

Oh - he did say my camp and facility "wasn't any Iraq he knew". I think he spent the day at the pool.

Gyron
05-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah the FOB he's been at I think was very primative. I don't think they much in the way of any luxury other than an air conditioner in their sleeping qaurters, and wireless internet. And even then, it was shotty at best most of the time.

Gyron
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
He made it home ABA, and of course gave me a hard time as predicted.

Glad to see him home, for however long it may be. I think he's looking into changing his MOS though, which could change everything. Who knows.

But he made it home in one piece, physically, at least.

He had nothing but nice things to say about you, and said if I talked to you, tell you Hi and thanks for the chat.

There you go, you positively impacted(Thanks Jay) yet another person's life the day you met him.

Thanks again for all you do my friend. Your service and sacrifices can never be appreciated enough.

ABADays
06-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the comments and letting me know. Sounds like Tampa might be in his future.

Los Angeles
06-05-2008, 02:53 AM
It's threads like this that prove that PD is far more than just a fan site.

My hat is off. My heart is humble.

Gyron
06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah if he goes through with it, he is hoping to get somewhere in the Florida area I think. I do know he was hoping to get stationed back on the east coast somewhere. He's tired of being out west with no family.

I hope that he does so that we could see him more often.

And LA, you're right, PD is different from any other community I've been a apart of because of people like ABA. There are many other on here that would do the same given the opportunity.