PDA

View Full Version : Three Offseason ideas

pacergod2
05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Scenario 1:

Mike Dunleavy (expiring for the Roy/Aldridge/Oden/Outlaw year)

for

Jarrett Jack
Martell Webster
Channing Frye

Scenario 2:

Jamaal Tinsley
2010 First Round pick

for

Udonis Haslem
2009 Second Rounder (back)
(the assumption they draft Beasley)

Scenario 3: (if Rose falls to Miami)

Jermaine O'Neal
2008 First Round Pick #11 (Big Man)

for

Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks
Mark Blount
2008 First Round Pick #2 (Rose)

Then Miami goes after Baron Davis in free agency. He has said to be intending on opting out and Miami is a team he would like to play for.

PG- B. Davis
SG- D. Wade
SF- S. Marion
PF- A. Johnson
C - J. O'Neal

That is a team that could seriously contend. They could easily add some cheap veterans to that team.

Speed
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
These are interesting, I hate to see the thread go to the trade area, but just as a precursor to my feelings on one thing. DO NOT GIVE UP ANYMORE FUTURE FIRST ROUNDERS!!!

I really wanted to drop and F bomb there and risk getting banned, I feel so strongly about that.

idioteque
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
You never should trade a first round pick for someone as mediocre as Haslem. We'll probably still be picking in the lottery by that time.

croz24
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
no way either miami or portland do either of those

grace
05-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't like Haslem so I think anything involving him is a bad idea. On the other hand I like Webster and Jack so as one of Portland's newer fans I don't want to give them up.

Anthem
05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd trade Jamaal for Haslem in a heartbeat, but I don't think Miami would.

There's no way in Hades that Miami trades Rose for Jermaine and the #11.

jeffg-body
05-27-2008, 04:55 PM
The only one I see as a possibility is the portland one, which could be a nice trade for both teams.

maragin
05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I'd love to find a way to have O'Neal and Haslem together, since they're buddies.

Rajah Brown
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
The only way that MIA considers trading #2 is if CHIC takes Rose
and they're stuck with Beasley.

Infinite MAN_force
05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Pass on all three. Miami would not trade Rose to us. I don't think Jarret Jack is the answer at point guard, and Haslem is not worth a future first.

Justin Tyme
05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
The only one I see as a possibility is the portland one, which could be a nice trade for both teams.

I like this trade very much, but I don't feel Portland would do the trade. That's a 3 for 1 trade, and I believe Portland would feel they are giving up too much in return for Dun.

Pacersfan46
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I like this trade very much, but I don't feel Portland would do the trade. That's a 3 for 1 trade, and I believe Portland would feel they are giving up too much in return for Dun.

Portland is going to need to do some multiple guys for less players deals soon. They have a lot of young talent, and their salary is going to explode when those guys get a chance to resign. Either that, or they'll lose a couple for nothing to sign the others.

-- Steve --

Shade
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Maybe on #1.
No thanks on #2.
HELL YES on #3.

Anthem
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Portland is going to need to do some multiple guys for less players deals soon. They have a lot of young talent, and their salary is going to explode when those guys get a chance to resign. Either that, or they'll lose a couple for nothing to sign the others.
I'm too lazy to check, but I think they have something like 22 players for the 2008-2009 season. So 2-for-1s and 3-for-1s are the way to go.

rexnom
05-29-2008, 03:25 AM
I think the Portland trade is excellent for both teams. Dunleavy would be excellent there and didn't he grow up there or something? Am I just making that up?

pacergod2
05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
thanks 46. thats exactly the point of that trade. portland will get rid of a bunch of guys they wont be willing to re-sign for a guy that fits their system, is a terrific basketball player with great experience and attitude, and his 10.5M/year contract is up the year that they have to extend their four best players (three of which are coming off rookie contracts). portland will those those three guys after this year to restricted free agency and in essence get two more years of dunleavy than they would have from these guys. Jack, Frye, and Webster are all second or third stringers for that team. They want to bring over Rudy Fernandez and have more time for Sergio Rodriguez as well. Plus they have to make room for their draft picks this year. Fernandez, Roy, Outlaw, Aldridge, Oden with Dun as the sixth man, Blake, and Pryzbilla at 7 and 8. Thats a monster lineup.