PDA

View Full Version : Pacers - Bulls still talking Harrington trade

blanket
06-11-2004, 01:02 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040610bullsbits,1,1009792.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

"Talk at the predraft camp persists that the Bulls and Pacers are entertaining trade possibilities for Al Harrington, whose salary closely resembles Scottie Pippen's. The Bulls don't appear willing to include their No. 3 pick in the talks for now."

I think we could do better than a draft pick and/or any of the Bulls' garbage for Al. We need some backcourt help NOW. A player from the draft is either going to be a project, or even if he's ready he'll be an unproven risk, unlike a trade for a veteran SG.

Also, I don't think Pippen would be useful to us, either as a player or as a contract we can dump when we retires - not a fair trade for Al.

PacerCrazy
06-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I would have to agree with you! I don't see want we would want the 3rd pick. The 10 ten expected picks are all eally power forwards and small forwards which wouldn't help us much. There is Livingston but I don't know if a HS point guard is really what we need either although I could see the argument for trying to get him becuase he would have a HUGE upside most likly. I am just not sure we need a nother project. I think it would be a LOT more likely we would go for a pick around the middle of the first round as that is where all the centers and good shooting guards are.

Thoughts?

Hicks
06-11-2004, 01:24 PM
If we traded Al for Pippen I'd have to :puke:

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:26 PM
pretty much the same article and almost word for word from the previous day :laugh:

think gezzer posted it

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 01:27 PM
again, i think the bulls are dreaming.... crazy

BigDawg44
06-11-2004, 01:28 PM
with the 3rd pick would anyone consider Pavel? That may fill a hole in the middle, which is huge. I think he could match up with Shaq very well. and would get us that much closer to a championship, without having to trade Artest. Though the need for a SG is also glaring

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:30 PM
I mention Pavel on the Star board , if we got the 3rd pick

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 01:43 PM
with the 3rd pick would anyone consider Pavel? That may fill a hole in the middle, which is huge. I think he could match up with Shaq very well. and would get us that much closer to a championship, without having to trade Artest. Though the need for a SG is also glaring

If we trade up I think we will go for a C, but I don't think we have to trade up to #3 to do so...

SkipperZ
06-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Livingston Livingston Livingston

Pavel is a bigger project than Darko is... Livingston is a project but of a different kind... He can come in, play backup 1 and 2 immediately and contribute with outside shooting and ballhandling/playmaking skills. The project is in turning him into a bona fide superstar in this league.

Livingston is a project, but only in the way that he can get much much better. He is already good enough to contribute (if rick would let him).

Granted I havent ever seen him play, (I dont think many people have) but from what I read and hear Pavel would not see the court for about 3 years. At least Darko can be a human victory cigar. Pavel would be stuck on IL. By the time he was ready to help us match up with Shaq, Shaq will be retired.

But I HAVE seen Livingston play and he is the real deal. Would I rather have TMac or Mobley/Cato or Richardson/Dampier or other proven players? Hell yes, I want to win NOW, and right NOW they are better than Livingston. But if all else fails, I believe we NEED to get rid of Harrington for SOMEONE who can help us at SG or C, and Livingston would help immediately. Then factor in that he will probably be considered a better player than TMac in about 3 years.

SkipperZ
06-11-2004, 03:25 PM
ok since my rant is over, if we traded up in the draft and did not get Livingston, Okafor, Dwight Howard or Josh Childress, I would cry. Everyone else would be a waste. All of the true centers are huge projects or just not that good, and all of the other good players are PGs and SFs.

Snickers
06-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Yes. Livingston and Okafor are the only two in this draft I'd trade up for.

Grant
06-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Don't dismiss the idea of a 3 way trade. Not everybody needs a SF, but a lot of people would be interested in that 3rd pick.

Teams that we could not trade with directly because they have no need for Harrington could go through the Bulls to get the 3rd pick.

Example:

Harrington to Bulls
Shooting guard to Pacers
3rd pick to team supplying the shooting guard.

Suaveness
06-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Don't dismiss the idea of a 3 way trade. Not everybody needs a SF, but a lot of people would be interested in that 3rd pick.

Teams that we could not trade with directly because they have no need for Harrington could go through the Bulls to get the 3rd pick.

Example:

Harrington to Bulls
Shooting guard to Pacers
3rd pick to team supplying the shooting guard.

Like Orlando :idea:

MarionDeputy
06-11-2004, 04:16 PM
I would have to agree with you! I don't see want we would want the 3rd pick. The 10 ten expected picks are all eally power forwards and small forwards which wouldn't help us much. There is Livingston but I don't know if a HS point guard is really what we need either although I could see the argument for trying to get him becuase he would have a HUGE upside most likly. I am just not sure we need a nother project. I think it would be a LOT more likely we would go for a pick around the middle of the first round as that is where all the centers and good shooting guards are.

Thoughts?

Not to mention the fact that most of the draft experts are calling this one of the weakest drafts talent wise in a long time. With no real full-proof contender for the number 1 slot.

indygeezer
06-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Just read a Chicago SunTimes story saying the same thing only with more fluff. Sorry it doesn't appear in the address line so I can't provide a link.