Hicks
JayRedd
Naptown_Seth
newman8r
Peck
Unclebuck

DrBadd01
05-26-2008, 10:00 PM
In my book it is Hicks. . .. I mean Mal. .. . . . I mean Dr. Cox . . . . . . I mean Joker. . . . . . . . I don't know who I mean do I?

N8R
05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I am voting for myself cause I think I will be the only one who votes for me.

Trader Joe
05-26-2008, 10:08 PM
I vote Unclebuck because Hicks beat him out for Sunshiner.

Sollozzo
05-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Tough Call. I think Peck is the most important poster to PD, but this year he is like an NBA player who puts up fantastic statistics while only playing in 50% of the games (therefore, not an MVP).

So it's a tough choice, will have to think about it. Debating between JayRedd and Unclebuck right now.

Trader Joe
05-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't know how you can vote for JayRedd. He's the Ross Perot of this award. Funny to look at, but not a real candidate.

And newman, well who knows. newman can be Ron Paul I guess.

Roaming Gnome
05-26-2008, 10:32 PM
UB gets my V.

Pig Nash
05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I voted for Seth. I don't know why, I just like that guy.

Kstat
05-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Last year was the first time I didn't vote for UB, but he came back with a vengeance this year.

He's the Tim Duncan of the forum. He's such a valuable part of the forum that you often don't notice how much he adds here.

Seth is a close 2nd for me. He's the Chris Paul of the forum, had a great year but just needs to wait one more.

Shade
05-26-2008, 11:56 PM
This is an incredibly tough call. I think I'll wait a little bit and see how things play out before I make my pick.

count55
05-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Buck...he was a fave of pacerfan (SixthMan), and reminds me a great deal of him. Highest praise I can offer.

McKeyFan
05-27-2008, 12:28 AM
I voted for UB.

I would like to have seen TBird nominated.

Mourning
05-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Last year was the first time I didn't vote for UB, but he came back with a vengeance this year.

He's the Tim Duncan of the forum. He's such a valuable part of the forum that you often don't notice how much he adds here.

Seth is a close 2nd for me. He's the Chris Paul of the forum, had a great year but just needs to wait one more.

Great reasoning and I totally aggree with it so.... :ding: :)

Unclebuck get my vote.

cramerica
05-27-2008, 01:58 AM
I dunno, but voting for yourself doesn't seem right.

UB as usual. He's the man.

Kstat
05-27-2008, 02:49 AM
At least none of them have been banned 30 times...

Kstat
05-27-2008, 02:55 AM
What, no votes for your other 87 user names?

There's always the possibility you could start a whole new forum where you could talk to yourself endlessly through your different surnames. For the first time in your entire life, you'd be the most popular guy in the room!

Natston
05-27-2008, 02:56 AM
You might as well get something better than that in before you're gone...

Kstat
05-27-2008, 02:58 AM
I don't think he's capable of doing any better.

Natston
05-27-2008, 03:01 AM
I don't think he's capable of doing any better.

That's the spirit people. That's 3 votes for Kofi. Let's make it happen!

Nope.

N8R
05-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Is it possible to ban this guy one more time?

bellisimo
05-27-2008, 05:03 AM
i'll go with UB on this one

Putnam
05-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Unclebuck.

I don't think many posters realize how often they are just plain wrong in their during- and after-game comments. (After many games, posters would criticize the Pacers for "always" settling for the outside 3-pt attempt, when the shot diagram clearly showed attempts from all over the floor including a large number in the paint.) But Buck's post-game comments are reliable. He has a very good eye for the game, and he has no sense of humor and (apparently) no life outside basketball, so he never exaggerates his point or sacrifices relevancy for the sake of humor.

I don't even like the same type of game Unclebuck likes (His is all defense and "getting to the line." I'd rather see teams running the floor, going as long as possible without a whistle.) But I know his posts are going to be consistent and insightful.

Next to Mark Boyle and Slick Leonard, I probably learn more details about the Pacers' on-the-floor activities from reading Unclebuck than anywhere else. That makes this forum great.

Unclebuck
05-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I do appreciate all the kind remarks. Thanks

I think I usually vote for Peck, but I can't this year - (read Adam's post)

So I am voting for Hicks. your knowledge of the game is as good as anyone who posts on here -

N8R
05-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Thank you for deleting all those posts by that jackass up there. He was just plain annoying.

Gyron
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
UB of course. He's one of the most consistent posters here. He is always knowledgable on the subject matter, and has a a great sense of humor, that he uses when you least expect it.....

SoupIsGood
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
UB was solid, but Seth had a great year and I felt like that should be recognized.

maragin
05-27-2008, 01:32 PM
"Most Valuable" is a tough term to qualify. What I know is... in a pick-up game of street messageboarding, JayRedd is my clear first pick.

naptownmenace
05-27-2008, 02:31 PM
I voted for Unclebuck like I always do.

I would've voted for Hicks but I don't like it when people change their usernames like the seasons of the year. :)

ABADays
05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I, too, would have liked to have seen tbird in this race also realizing that he, like Peck, did not post enough. But as far as content of the posts - those two are hard to beat. UB on the otherhand, acts as my eyes in his post game recaps.

One thing for sure, since PD started we have added some really, really good posters - even since the Palace when things started to slide.

Anthem
05-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Can I say "Buck in an Obama-esque landslide" without getting my post moved to the UnPD?

Hicks
05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Why tempt fate?

grace
05-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Why tempt fate?

Because some people like to see how much effort it takes to push you (and other mods) over the edge. I guess some people find it entertaining. To me it sounds about as enjoyable as counting. But that's just me.

JayRedd
05-27-2008, 06:35 PM
What I know is... in a pick-up game of street messageboarding, JayRedd is my clear first pick.

OHHH BABY!! Affinity for Infinity with a sick-nasty counting display. That's the standing eight count, baby. It's over. Oh my god! Oh BABY.

Hicks
05-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Congrats, Unclebuck

count55
05-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Well-earned, UB

N8R
05-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Very well deserved. You are MVP

M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P

Naptown_Seth
05-31-2008, 05:28 PM
I think Buck is the happy median between Hicks and myself. More practical than Hicks, less uptight than me.

And honestly I'm surprised to have come in 2nd even. I guess one aspect to this award is there is an implied amount of MVP status just in keeping the place running and moderating it. If you count that then this list would only be the key mods every year, and for good reason.

Peck gets MVP of parties since he keeps them running and organized on discussions. If you haven't been to one it's pretty impressive to see a 6 hour board meeting flow along from topic to topic with everyone getting their say.

Peck
05-31-2008, 05:38 PM
We should change the name of the award from the MVP to the Uncle Buck Trophy, ala the Larry O'Brien trophy.:)

In all seriousness though this is once again well deserved. U.B. is always on his game and he is a steady rock of unwavering loyalty to our franchise and more importantly a well thought out poster here on our board.

On a side note I just saw that I was even nominated for this. Um....while I deeply appreciate the thought and even more the fact that a couple of people voted for me, it was not deserved at all. I feel like one of those old athletes who keep going beyond thier day.

But this is about U.B.

:buddies:

All hail the M.V.P.

Trader Joe
05-31-2008, 05:39 PM
UB is the most consistent poster on here. By that I mean he consistently posts a good amount, but he also posts with the same emotional level in each post. He never gets too up or too down. Plus he has a lot of knowledge in his posts.

Well deserved.

rexnom
05-31-2008, 05:48 PM
We should change the name of the award from the MVP to the Uncle Buck Trophy, ala the Larry O'Brien trophy.:)

In all seriousness though this is once again well deserved. U.B. is always on his game and he is a steady rock of unwavering loyalty to our franchise and more importantly a well thought out poster here on our board.

On a side note I just saw that I was even nominated for this. Um....while I deeply appreciate the thought and even more the fact that a couple of people voted for me, it was not deserved at all. I feel like one of those old athletes who keep going beyond thier day.

But this is about U.B.

:buddies:

All hail the M.V.P.
Have you become...the Jermaine O'Neal of Pacers Digest?

;)

SycamoreKen
05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Why tempt fate?

Hey I found Hick's cat.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

;)

Congrats UB.

LG33
05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech!

Unclebuck
06-01-2008, 12:05 AM
I do want to thank everyone who voted for me but more than that I want to thank everyone who makes this the best forum on the web.

We all know though that if Peck would post more this would be his award

Peck
06-01-2008, 03:24 AM

;)

I plan on coming back and dominating next season. I will be at an all-star poster level and you will all see.

Mourning
06-01-2008, 04:05 AM

;)

Ouch! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Will Galen
06-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I plan on coming back and dominating next season. I will be at an all-star poster level and you will all see.

I DARE YOU! NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH!