Counting: It's Fun
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=635448#post635448

Jim O'Brien is new head coach
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=31403

Something we all can agree on, we all love Dick Harter
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=31523

Major Cold
05-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I created Draft Recruiting but Counting is number O.N.E. in my book.

Trader Joe
05-26-2008, 09:59 PM
I think we all forget how hilarious the cook for head thread was.

N8R
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I think we all need to think about the Magnatude of the Counting thread. WE have 28,000+ post in the thread since in start on Christmas Eve. I think the collective PD should honour the hard work we have put into the best thread around.

Shade
05-26-2008, 10:03 PM
No contest. Though there are some great thread titles there, TCT has by far the best content.

Counter powers, activate!

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superfriends/wonder-twins1.jpg

Form of...

...a number? :whoknows:

Robertmto
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
I never stopped laughing in the Cook for Head thread

Pig Nash
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM
I think the counting thread was the most important thread to PD this year, it wasn't my favorite, but it was what I will think of when I think of 07/08.

SycamoreKen
05-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Of course its TCT.

Kstat
05-27-2008, 12:18 AM
2008 is the year of the number.

idioteque
05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
TCT was very innovative, has it's own acronym, and has revolutionized the OT talk on this board. Normally I would never vote for a Club Rio thread but this is an exception.

Shade
05-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Those who don't vote for us probably envy our mad counting skills.

Yo.

Natston
05-27-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm still bitter that far too many people ignore that one thread...

N8R
05-27-2008, 04:28 AM
TCT is great I must admit. Hopefully this vote with get more people viewing and posting in it as well. It is just meant for Good times and Numbers. We like our numbers over there

bellisimo
05-27-2008, 05:02 AM
TCT is without a doubt revolutionized the OT side of things...

rexnom
05-27-2008, 05:42 AM
I think we need to split this award into on-topic and off-topic.

Putnam
05-27-2008, 08:24 AM
A thread devoted to posting numbers in ascending order ("counting") is stupid -- probably just about the stupidest unifying concept around which an internet thread could coalesce. But now observe The Counting Thread.

Not long ago, remember, the politics board was shut down. People couldn't or wouldn't be nice, and people (myself included) seemed determined to misunderstand and get offended. More than one poster suggested or agreed with the notion that clear understanding and calm discourse are impossible.

Now, observe The Counting Thread. There has never been a wilder, more wide-open discussion, with more ad hominem insult and frank "I hate you" comments than appears on every page of TCT. But somehow the digs never matter. People are nicer on TCT. Almost every one of the TCT regulars has been called "gay" for no better reasons than the "pale blue" color of the quote field on his PC monitor. But when a real gay person turns up, nobody says anything to him. On that awful day when TCFKAK did something terrible, he was not criticized or blamed, but simply asked to keep counting and "never do that again." We were even amicable to Elgin!

What I'm coming to is that The Counting Thread has what the world needs: a unifying theme. It doesn't matter what you say, or whether you say nothing, so long as you post the next number.

Imagine if Israel and Palestine counted.

If Ryan Briscoe had just set a dime for a centavo, Danica would never have minded that little bump in the pits.

And finally, let me just say that the one thing about counting is there is an opportunity to post a series of numbers, each of which is slightly larger than the preceding one.

Unclebuck
05-27-2008, 08:58 AM
I voted for the Jim O'Brien thread.

sweabs
05-27-2008, 09:34 AM
A thread devoted to posting numbers in ascending order ("counting") is stupid -- probably just about the stupidest unifying concept around which an internet thread could coalesce. But now observe The Counting Thread.

Not long ago, remember, the politics board was shut down. People couldn't or wouldn't be nice, and people (myself included) seemed determined to misunderstand and get offended. More than one poster suggested or agreed with the notion that clear understanding and calm discourse are impossible.

Now, observe The Counting Thread. There has never been a wilder, more wide-open discussion, with more ad hominem insult and frank "I hate you" comments than appears on every page of TCT. But somehow the digs never matter. People are nicer on TCT. Almost every one of the TCT regulars has been called "gay" for no better reasons than the "pale blue" color of the quote field on his PC monitor. But when a real gay person turns up, nobody says anything to him. On that awful day when TCFKAK did something terrible, he was not criticized or blamed, but simply asked to keep counting and "never do that again." We were even amicable to Elgin!

What I'm coming to is that The Counting Thread has what the world needs: a unifying theme. It doesn't matter what you say, or whether you say nothing, so long as you post the next number.

If Ryan Briscoe had just set a dime for a centavo, Danica would never have minded that little bump in the pits.

And finally, let me just say that the one thing about counting is there is an opportunity to post a series of numbers, each of which is slightly larger than the preceding one.
This brought a tear to my eye. Well said, Putty. You have a way with words.

count55
05-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Holy Brainwashing Cult, Batman! How long before you guys start shaving your heads and giving out flowers at the airport?

heywoode
05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Holy Brainwashing Cult, Batman! How long before you guys start shaving your heads and giving out flowers at the airport?

If you had posted this in the counting thread, I would be dogging your a$$ right now. Oh, and I changed your font to something READABLE.

count55
05-27-2008, 09:53 AM
If you had posted this in the counting thread, I would be dogging your a$$ right now. Oh, and I changed your font to something READABLE.

not familiar with the "green font" convention, eh?

N8R
05-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I couldnt read that post before. Thank you Heywoode, you are great people.

Putty you are MY MVP for that post right there. You explained exactly what is meany by TCT. Just count.

Kegboy
05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Cook for Head is in a word sublime.

I've never been in the counting thread. I've got my math degree, I figure that's good enough. It sucks that you actually have to enter a thread before you can Ignore it.

SycamoreKen
05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Are you not ignoring the thread by not going into it?

bellisimo
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM

I've never been in the counting thread. I've got my math degree, I figure that's good enough. It sucks that you actually have to enter a thread before you can Ignore it.

why settle when you can strive to be the best? :-p

N8R
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I just dont understand the hate for the thread. it is just a thread, the greatest one on PD sure, but a thread none the less. if only more people would embrace the healing powers of the Thread PD would be a happier place.

it is where dreams are reality and counting is law

Haggard
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I found the whole counting thread thing rather stupid so i really kept out of it. just seems an inane way for posters to get their post count up.

bellisimo
05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I found the whole counting thread thing rather stupid so i really kept out of it. just seems an inane way for posters to get their post count up.

while that logic might make sense in other forums where your ranking increases along with your post count - i can't say it applies to PD...post counts is just another number here - can't say that would make anyone any more legit or have a heavier opinion/voice in the good ol' PD :)

SycamoreKen
05-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Post counts here are irrelevant. At one point people were manipulating them.

TCT is by far the funnest thread on here since WOLF.

Major Cold
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Folks it is about our goal. And we need you to make that goal.

Haggard
05-27-2008, 10:57 AM
while that logic might make sense in other forums where your ranking increases along with your post count - i can't say it applies to PD...post counts is just another number here - can't say that would make anyone any more legit or have a heavier opinion/voice in the good ol' PD :)

Maybe I miss the point of the thread but it's not something that I could see myself getting in to.

Naptown_Seth
05-27-2008, 12:18 PM

It's a lot like going to Canada.
Big, wide open, mostly forgettable and with a big chip on it's shoulder wishing it could get more respect. Seems like some of them consider particpation in there on par with passing the ISTEP (which I assume most did not).

At least it keeps some of those people busy. God knows what they'd do with the free time otherwise.*

I voted for the draft thread.
A) selfish
B) content over post count
C) is there a thread more relevent to the Pacers season than that one?

it is where dreams are reality and counting is law
If I wanted a worthless law degree I'd go to University of Phoenix. And my life is where my dreams are reality, except my dreams are nightmares about Canadians running rampant across the American landscape.

* that tingling is a brewing sensation of being offended...go with it

SoupIsGood
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
C) is there a thread more relevent to the Pacers season than that one?

:sad:

JayRedd
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Counting is its own reward.

Thread of infinity, sure; Thread of the Year, no thanks.

Shade
05-27-2008, 01:09 PM

Anyone who doesn't vote for TCT is a Communist pig.

Or a canadian.

grace
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM

Or a canadian.

Or just smart that way.

Putnam
05-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Nah. I don't know why anyone would vote for it. It is silly.

Anyway, the Communist pigs are polling 56-44 in favor of it. (A margin that would be much wider if not for the theme of "bacon" that recurrs on TCT rather often.)

count55
05-27-2008, 01:31 PM

Or a canadian.

Well, the workers do control the means of production...

Unclebuck
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I readily admit I do not understand the counting thread. I mean I guess I do understand it, but I just "don't get it"

Putnam
05-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I readily admit I do not understand the counting thread. I mean I guess I do understand it, but I just "don't get it"

With all due respect, UB, you didn't get the Cook for Head thread, either.

Unclebuck
05-27-2008, 02:26 PM
With all due respect, UB, you didn't get the Cook for Head thread, either.

I think I get that - I know get the "thats what she said" thread and find it at times very funny

Shade
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM

It's probably because we're a more offense-oriented thread.

Unclebuck
05-27-2008, 02:42 PM

It's probably because we're a more offense-oriented thread.

LOL, yeah I'm sure I would like that thread a whole lot more if the numbers stayed under 100 or better yet under 85.

Shade
05-27-2008, 02:48 PM
LOL, yeah I'm sure I would like that thread a whole lot more if the numbers stayed under 100 or better yet under 85.

Next year I'll start the Countdown: It's Not Really All That Fun. thread. You'll be in heaven.

Pig Nash
05-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Post counts here are irrelevant. At one point people were manipulating them.

TCT is by far the funnest thread on here since WOLF.

But we never won Thread of the Year. Maybe one of these days the wolf game will actually get going again.

N8R
05-28-2008, 03:52 AM
Counting: It IS Fun

There is nothing to "get" about the thread. You post a number make conversation and move on.

Anthem
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM

Or a canadian.
Are you using that as the nationality or ethnicity?

http://www.google.com/search?q=canadian+black

Anthem
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Ok, that's hilarious. One of the funniest things I've read this week.

Self-deferential humor FTW!

Naptown_Seth
05-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Well, the workers do control the means of production...
If only we could build a wall...

And of course the natural month for the thread is October, and we all know that's preseason stuff, ie 2nd rate filler crap before the good stuff gets going. An opiate for the masses if you will, which makes the whole thing a bit ironic (the communist thread being an opiate that is).

You post a number make conversation and move on.
There's the problem. Some people you just can't reach...well, you know the rest and if you don't I'm sure Redd can Family Guy it for you.*

*okay, that one just seemed bitter. I'll admit that I'm struggling to be consistent with my offensive tone. I need a summer program, maybe walk around the circle p***ing random people off, maybe just hang with Hulk for a few months.

Shade
05-28-2008, 02:13 PM

You don't even have to make conversation. You can just do drive-by counting like New Guy.

N8R
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
That is true

Major Cold
05-30-2008, 04:14 PM
In the bag

Shade
05-30-2008, 04:53 PM
In the bag

See? Counting is useful for many things.

Like figuring out how much it takes to buy off voters. :devil:

N8R
05-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Counting: It's Fun is the Thread of the Year. Congrats to the Counters.

Hicks
05-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Congrats, Counters

count55
05-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Wonder what flavor Kool-Aid they're serving at the celebration? ;)

N8R
05-31-2008, 11:16 AM
And the Goal is Achieved. Go Team

JayRedd
05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
And the Goal is Achieved. Go Team

:shakehead

SoupIsGood
05-31-2008, 11:33 AM
We got to infinity?

N8R
05-31-2008, 03:08 PM
The Thread of the Year Goal.

Infinity is still the Top Priority

DrBadd01
05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
If only "Ignore this Thread" had won last year. . . . than it would of been perfect.

SycamoreKen
05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-pwns-dog.jpg

Shade
05-31-2008, 08:42 PM

24 > 13

WE'RE #1!

Next up: 30K

P.S. [insert comment about JayRedd's mom here].

duke dynamite
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Hot dog!