PDA

View Full Version : It was a beautiful thing...

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 11:39 AM
...to see the cameras cut to Kobe on the bench last night. All that smugness had been wiped off his face.

Simply beautiful.

wallaceX2
06-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Kobe entering the series: :cool2:

Kobe after game 1: :wtf:

Kobe after game 2: :rock:

Kobe after game 3: :jawdrop:

Kobe wanting the ball when he's heavily guarded: :scream:

Everybody else watching Kobe whine: :violin:

Shaq, 24/7: :fatbanana:

BigDawg44
06-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Kobe entering the series: :cool2:

Kobe after game 1: :wtf:

Kobe after game 2: :rock:

Kobe after game 3: :jawdrop:

Kobe wanting the ball when he's heavily guarded: :scream:

Everybody else watching Kobe whine: :violin:

Shaq, 24/7: :fatbanana:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:unimpressed: but seriously..........jk, very funny

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:36 PM
I think Kobe was upset he didn't get the ball more , especially when they had a mismatch when lindsay hunter was gaurding kobe .

ABADays
06-11-2004, 01:40 PM
If Prince had been on Kobe at the end of game 2 - not much doubt this series would be 3-0.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't understand why the lakers would take the ball out of his hands...

I also don't understand the whole Luke Walton playing a bunch of minutes again... its kinda like the croshere situation in the pacers series... it worked once, but don't try it 2x in a row..

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:41 PM
If Prince had been on Kobe at the end of game 2 - not much doubt this series would be 3-0.

I dunno about that Rip was on Kobe pretty good ;)

ABADays
06-11-2004, 01:45 PM

Rip doesn't have the length Prince does. Kobe's shot would have to have been higher.

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:48 PM

Rip doesn't have the length Prince does. Kobe's shot would have to have been higher.

maybe so but I am sure Stern was Praying for a Laker Win , they Like Longer Finals and it means more $$$$ the more games that are played .

If I was a betting man I would say Lakers squeak out next game with a win on Sunday ;)

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 02:18 PM

maybe so but I am sure Stern was Praying for a Laker Win , they Like Longer Finals and it means more $$$$ the more games that are played .

If I was a betting man I would say Lakers squeak out next game with a win on Sunday ;)

Yep, the league will figure out a way to bail them out and save their asses. Sheed and/or Ben in early foul trouble...that's my guess. Or Shaq having his way under the basket, regardless of time spent there. See people, it's the little things "they" do that can shift the momentum of a game or series.

Fool
06-11-2004, 02:22 PM

I would bet Kobe makes that shot no matter who is guarding him. The hardest thing about that shot was the pressure of the moment not the man gaurding him.

Hicks
06-11-2004, 02:27 PM

Yep, the league will figure out a way to bail them out and save their asses. Sheed and/or Ben in early foul trouble...that's my guess. Or Shaq having his way under the basket, regardless of time spent there. See people, it's the little things "they" do that can shift the momentum of a game or series.

I could have sworn I've seen you have the opposite stance on this before. What changed your mind?

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 02:29 PM
I assume your talking to BP , Hicks :confused:

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 02:36 PM
I could have sworn I've seen you have the opposite stance on this before. What changed your mind?

Oh no, you have me confused with someone else. I even recently said in that thread about the TV ratings for game 1 that this season almost feels like it was scripted out.

Bball
06-11-2004, 02:45 PM

Somewhere in an undisclosed location David Stern is meeting with the secret "Game Decisions Committee".

Stern: I really am surprised how this has went so far. We may need to consider some changes.

Name Deleted #1: The viewership is very good. Going 7 games would be a blessing.

Stern: I know that and I do want that. On the other hand, can we risk extending this to a 7th game and losing control of the decision?

Name Deleted #2: You fear an injury or lucky shot giving us an outcome we don't want?

Stern: Exactly. We can't have someone on trial all summer for rape and constantly being referred to as "the defendant, a member of the NBA Champion Lakers". Unless we can get one of our people in the jury we won't even be able to guarantee a not guilty verdict. So it could get even worse.

Name Deleted #1: Truthfully, if we do nothing the Pistons may win anyway.

Voices murmuring throughout the room: Do nothing????

Stern: Settle down everyone! Order! I don't see where getting the Lakers another win will hurt. It's that third win I worry about. The game Sunday is our safest bet to allow for a Lakers victory and still keep our other goals intact. We can still extend the series. We just need to work extra hard that they don't win the one after that. We can't risk them gaining momentum and winning regardless of our efforts. That's where we really have to be careful

Name Deleted #2: So then are you willing to allow the Pistons to win this in 6 games?

Stern: I think we have to. If it goes 7 games then we will have to take extraordinary measures to not allow LA to win game 7. Possibly over the top measures that could threaten this committee's very existence.

Name Deleted #1: Is there no other way?

Stern: Do I need to remind you of the San Antonio series?

Voices murmuring throughout the room: "Fisher! Grrrrr.. Damn!"

Stern: ORDER! Let's not blame the players. It was the refs and timekeeper that put him in that position.

Name Deleted #3: Commissioner Stern is right. Our very existence is at stake. We cannot allow a fluke game or two to decide the title. Not in a year when we would be put in a very unflattering light thanks to Mr Bryant.

Stern: So we're in agreement?

Voices: Aye!

Stern: I'll make the calls. Game 4 belongs to the Lakers if at all possible without going too far. Games 5 and 6 will belong to the Pistons. If something happens and a fluke play or injury does extend this to 7 games then our people will do whatever possible to not allow LA to win this series. Fouls. Suspensions. Ejections. I hate it that it has come to this. I really like LA. I'm just thankful it isn't the Pacers. I hate the Pacers. Small market albatross!

--------------

-Bball :D :P

Suaveness
06-11-2004, 02:52 PM
:laugh:

Beautiful.

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Very funny, Bball.

"I'm just thankful it isn't the Pacers. I hate the Pacers. Small market albatross!" :laugh: