PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of Carmelo shopping...

bambam
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
heard a few rumors Denver might be shopping Carmelo, would anyone here be interested? Knowing your going to have to give up something big.

d_c
05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
heard a few rumors Denver might be shopping Carmelo, would anyone here be interested? Knowing your going to have to give up something big.

There were reports that New Jersey was interested and that they would offer their draft pick, but the article (and simple logic) pretty much implied that the Nets would have to win a Top 2 pick in order for Denver to really be serious about it. Well, NJ obviously didn't get a top 2 pick so I don't see this going anywhere.

Denver probably floated his name out there to gauge some interest and also put Carmelo on notice to get him to shape up. I would really be shocked if he was somewhere else besides Denver next season.

I mean, what are the Nuggets supposed to do? Trade Carmelo for less talented players and then tank for a few seasons and hope they're able to draft the next Lebron instead of the next Carmelo? That's just not practical. You can't run a franchise that way.

JayRedd
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=39188