PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Thread

Infinite MAN_force
05-20-2008, 11:07 PM
How do you think it will go? Here's mine... ( I only did the lottery teams)

#1 - Chicago - Micheal Beasley

#2 - Miami - Derrick Rose

#3 - Minnesota - OJ Mayo

#4 - Seattle - Brook Lopez

#5 - Memphis - Kevin Love

#6 - New York - Jerryd Bayless

#7 - LA Clippers - Eric Gordon

#8 - Milwaukee - Russel Westbrook

#9 - Charlotte - Anthony Randolph

#10 - New Jersey - Deandre Jordan

#11 - Indiana - DJ. Augustin

#12 - Sacramento - Darrell Arthur

#13 - Portland - Danilo Gallinari

#14 - Golden State - Marreese Speights

Augustin is the consensus pacers pick, but I think Speights and Arthur are also very possible. Personally I like Speights over Arthur. I also really like Westbrook if he falls.

granger33
05-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeh thats pretty well spot on for me aswell.

Maybe Gordan going to Bucks though.

Is everyone happy if we get D.J?

himikey
05-20-2008, 11:22 PM
The Wolves will eventually stop drafting SGs, so they might take Lopez. The Bucks won't pass on <strike>Kukoc</strike> Gallinari since they need a SF, which would give us a shot at Westbrook (NJ doesn't need backcourt help, but Charlotte may look to upgrade Ray Felton)

Infinite MAN_force
05-20-2008, 11:25 PM
The Wolves will eventually stop drafting SGs, so they might take Lopez. The Bucks won't pass on <strike>Kukoc</strike> Gallinari since they need a SF, which would give us a shot at Westbrook (NJ doesn't need backcourt help, but Charlotte may look to upgrade Ray Felton)

I hope you are right. I feel better about Westbrook than Augustin because I think, even if he never becomes a PG, he is a better overall talent (at least he has a higher ceiling, if he reaches it). He will provide us with the defensive stopper we desire, and will bring much needed athleticism. If Flip Murray can play point for JOB, surely Westbrook can just as well(and with better defense).

Will Galen
05-21-2008, 01:06 AM
How do you think it will go? Here's mine... ( I only did the lottery teams)

#1 - Chicago - Micheal Beasley

#2 - Miami - Derrick Rose

#3 - Minnesota - OJ Mayo

#4 - Seattle - Brook Lopez

#5 - Memphis - Kevin Love

#6 - New York - Jerryd Bayless

#7 - LA Clippers - Eric Gordon

#8 - Milwaukee - Russel Westbrook

#9 - Charlotte - Anthony Randolph

#10 - New Jersey - Deandre Jordan

#11 - Indiana - DJ. Augustin

#12 - Sacramento - Darrell Arthur

#13 - Portland - Danilo Gallinari

#14 - Golden State - Marreese Speights

Augustin is the consensus pacers pick, but I think Speights and Arthur are also very possible. Personally I like Speights over Arthur. I also really like Westbrook if he falls.

I haven't done it in the last couple years, but with so much interest in this years draft I figured I would have another Draft Contest. I'm going to wait until about two weeks before the draft before I put it up though. That way we will know how guys are looking in their workouts and just how tall players like Gordon and Love are.

Here's an example of a past contest.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=12672

Jonathan
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
DJ Augustine is not an upgrade over Flip Murray. If the Pacers draft him they will continue to suck. I am all for taking a chance ie Batum or Speights or Mcgee even and letting them develop slowly and having the 11th pick again next year.

OakMoses
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
DJ Augustine is not an upgrade over Flip Murray. If the Pacers draft him they will continue to suck. I am all for taking a chance ie Batum or Speights or Mcgee even and letting them develop slowly and having the 11th pick again next year.

I'm not a huge Augustin fan, but I don't see where this is coming from. DJ is a better ballhandler, a better passer, and a better shooter. He's all three of those things right now, and he's only 20. Flip is bigger and stronger and has more defensive potential. He's also a better finisher at the rim. Augustin is also an very high character kid who, I think, can be counted on to consistently work to improve his game. I'll guarantee you that DJ never gets cut from an NBA team like Murray did.

I don't think Augustin's a great fit for the Pacers because he's not a strong defensive player. I just don't think that you can start he and Dunleavy and expect to succeed defensively, no matter how well they know the system.

Jonathan
05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I want the Pacers to make the playoffs next year. No player we draft at #11 will get us in the playoffs singlehandly next year. Drafting Augustine does not make moving anybody on our current roster easier.

Anthem
05-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Drafting anybody we'd get at #11 does not make moving anybody on our current roster easier.
Fixed.

Rajah Brown
05-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Mell-

Not sure about the DJ Aug detractors. I'm not a huge fan, but
having seen him play about 20 times, he's better than many
are giving him credit for. Did Rose give him trouble ? Yup,
but the best athlete at the PG spot to come along in 10+
years will do that to a kid.

His size will be a hinderance to a degree in the NBA. But not the
way it would have been under the old rules when guys could be
hand-checked on the perimeter and PG's could post up and back
guys down at will.

count55
05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Drafting anybody we'd get at #11 does not make moving anybody on our current roster easier.

Fixed.

Oh, I don't know...I could see several guys that would be nice to have around when loading up a moving van...In fact, I'm thinking that what most of the big guys available at 11 will be doing in about 10 years.