PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Poster You Most Love to Hate - JayRedd

Hicks
05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I'll be honest, this is an award I'm not a fan of. Next year there will likely be a revision of the awards, and this one might bite the dust. It's not really in the spirit of this board, and is one of the many hold-overs from the STAR days.

Poster You Most Love to Hate

grace
JayRedd
Kstat
LoneGranger33
Naptown_Seth
newman8r
SamBear

count55
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
You know, with Kofi gone...there's nobody on here for me to vote for...and I tend to agree with Joker on this one.

bellisimo
05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
i shall not vote

SoupIsGood
05-20-2008, 10:23 AM
How did SamBear make this?

I agree, this award probably has run its course... there's no one good to vote for.

Thus, I shall vote for a counter.

DisplacedKnick
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I voted for Seth. He's stubborn and mule-headed sometimes but he also provides evidence for why he thinks the way he does and backs things up with good posts.

That's MY definition of the PYMLTH - the person who really gets on your nerves sometimes but also makes good posts, good points and generally knows what he or she is talking about.

And as a person who is sometimes stubborn and mule-headed myself, I appreciate Seth, along with everyone who's not afraid to take a position, back it up with evidence, and hammer everyone to death with it.

Hicks
05-20-2008, 10:26 AM
I believe the person who nominated SamBear qualified it by saying it was out of jealousy over the Spurs' success.

Raskolnikov
05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
I believe the person who nominated SamBear qualified it by saying it was out of jealousy over the Spurs' success.
Already thought it would be something like that, and I don't blame him.

My vote goes to JayRedd.

Twes
05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Maybe you should call this one

Poster you're gladdest to have banned.

:whip2:

idioteque
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Kstat...don't really hate him but he's a Pistons fan.

maragin
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM
When I opened this thread, I noticed that the names at the top were opposite of who I thought might be here. I'd intended to vote for a poster I disagreed with the most/ consistently.

I find myself siding with at least half of those listed routinely.

A second glance shows no "trolls" that I recognize.

I'm a no vote.

Gyron
05-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Newman8r, I mean he's Canadian, what other reason do I need?

ajbry
05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
That list is filled with some of the most likable people here.

I'm not voting either.

Naptown_Seth
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
I voted for myself. I like all the others, even if I like to joke about hating JayRedd.

Next year there will likely be a revision of the awards,
Most Offensive
:fingerscr :hypno:

Speed
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Can we add Koufas and Croz24, then I'll vote...twice maybe.

Speed
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I voted for myself. I like all the others, even if I like to joke about hating JayRedd.

Most Offensive
:fingerscr :hypno:

I don't know if I want to hear your acceptance speech, though. :dance:

Unclebuck
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
OK, I talked myself into voting for this award based upon the poster who makes me mad the most often with their arguments.

Sorry Seth, but sometimes all your stats - well I just hate all your stats - sometimes (except of course when they back up a point I agree with. So you get my vote.

Trader Joe
05-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Newman8r, I mean he's Canadian, what other reason do I need?

QFT

LoneGranger33
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't read any of these people's posts. They all suck in my mind.

avoidingtheclowns
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
How did SamBear make this?

:wave:

SamBear is actually a pretty reasonable person, but in feeling the need to nominate someone he, the rings and that Tim Thugcan came to mind.

McKeyFan
05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I voted Kstat.

I respect his bball knowledge and admire his love for the Pistons. I also appreciate his ability to be a regular on a Pacer board.

He just never gives a damn inch, and I don't think I've ever heard anything close to a compromise or an "I was wrong" from him.

(And, of course, he is likely to correct me on this point very soon) :D

Will Galen
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
There's some that anger me with their know it all attitude, but their not on the list. Besides hate is to strong a word for me to vote.

I think this category should be changed to, "The poster you disagree with the most."

kester99
05-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Gyron has persuaded me with his logic...and I know n8r wants my vote for something, so the newms it is.

Congrats, Newman8r, or sorry, or....you know.

Suaveness
05-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Why isn't Buck in this? I love to hate Buck

croz24
05-21-2008, 12:30 AM
if you disagree with those with the "know it all attitudes", pacers digest does allow you to look at a member's post history to better understand why they feel they "know it all"...

Will Galen
05-21-2008, 12:54 AM
if you disagree with those with the "know it all attitudes", pacers digest does allow you to look at a member's post history to better understand why they feel they "know it all"...

T-Bird is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here and he doesn't have a know it all attitude. Proving it's not the message, it's how the message is delivered.

N8R
05-21-2008, 03:37 AM
Thanks Kester... I mean i hate you.

I went with JayRedd but I really do hate him so it was rather easy. What is with the overall Canadian Hating lately? Is this cause of 1812? I mean come on.

Shade
05-21-2008, 03:54 AM
So many worthy nominees... :plot:

The catch-22 of this award is that the person I most love to hate is not one I want to win the award, so I can't vote for that person.

Thus, I will go with my #2.

N8R
05-22-2008, 03:37 AM
A friendly Bump to keep this poll on the minds of all PDers

N8R
05-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I am surprised I didnt get more votes just from the Counter Haters for starting it all. Oh well I can live with it. Also why doesn't the total votes add up to the number of members who have viewed this thread?

Naptown_Seth
05-23-2008, 09:13 AM
What is with the overall Canadian Hating lately? Is this cause of 1812? I mean come on.
You already know the answer.

I went with Canadians but I really do hate them so it was rather easy.
First of all your tolerance of the French is unforgivable. Second of all you've still got a Queen. Third of all, talk good english already. Fourth, stuff done on or around ice is not sport - not with sticks, brooms, sleds or fishing out of holes. Plus what is with most of the Canadians living so close to the border, what are you up to over there. I prefer my hats a little taller so spread out already.

The question isn't why do we hate Canada. The question is why wouldn't we.

I mean we hate Euros more but we keep them at a safe distance (Saras being an unfortunate mistake), though the whole Carribean Island situation seems uncomfortably too close to letting Europeans have space in North America.

bellisimo
05-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I mean we hate Euros more but we keep them at a safe distance (Saras being an unfortunate mistake), though the whole Carribean Island situation seems uncomfortably too close to letting Europeans have space in North America.

http://www.orangeandbluehue.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shocked.jpg

I think I might end up voting in this poll afterall :-p

grace
05-23-2008, 05:37 PM
MR hasn't posted in two weeks and he takes time out of his busy schedule to vote for little ol' me. I'm so honored. :cheers:

Hicks
05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
JayRedd FTL!

Shade
05-23-2008, 08:31 PM
JayRedd FTL!

Some things never change. :D

Trader Joe
05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.orangeandbluehue.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shocked.jpg

Aren't you from America?

bellisimo
05-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Aren't you from America?

I spent 10+ years in NY/NJ...also lived 2+ years in UK, 1 year in Malaysia...and have been in Hungary for almost 4 years now...but i was born in Turkey...can't say I feel connected to any one place to label it as "home" besides the current one...so at the moment I'm "Euro" :)

Naptown_Seth
05-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Don't forget "Most Offensive 2009".

That is if Euros can remember things for that long.*

How could I beat a dude with a mood avitar named after hating him? Plus you know that Stanko hates him and Stanko knows what he's talking about (even if no one else does).

*offensive, but not in a quality stereotypical way...I've done better work.

so at the moment I'm "Euro"ie, potential Nazi or Commie...now that's the stuff

N8R
05-25-2008, 02:48 AM
You already know the answer.

First of all your tolerance of the French is unforgivable. Second of all you've still got a Queen. Third of all, talk good english already. Fourth, stuff done on or around ice is not sport - not with sticks, brooms, sleds or fishing out of holes. Plus what is with most of the Canadians living so close to the border, what are you up to over there. I prefer my hats a little taller so spread out already.

The question isn't why do we hate Canada. The question is why wouldn't we.

You miss quoted me.

JayRedd
05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm honored by your collective hatred. Thank you, kind sirs and ladies.

Twes
05-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm honored by your collective hatred. Thank you, kind sirs and ladies.

I don't know what it means that one man can be voted funniest AND most hated.

I guess the message is that people in this town don't want to laugh.

Fella.

:cool:

bellisimo
05-25-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know what it means that one man can be voted funniest AND most hated.

I guess the message is that people in this town don't want to laugh.

Fella.

:cool:

either that or they felt like JR could take a joke :D

Raskolnikov
05-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Congratulations, JayRedd!