PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Willing to Trade Pick

DGPR
05-20-2008, 07:18 AM
I wonder what it would take to snag their pick?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52601/20080520/bucks_may_trade_pick/

jeffg-body
05-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Ike?

Doug
05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Ike?

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Sadly (for the Pacers), I am not the GM of the Bucks.

Will Galen
05-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Ike?

Maybe Ike and our pick if we both stay where we are. Milwaukee has the 7th pick, and since I think there are about eight good players in this draft I would think hard about doing that.

Tom White
05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Ike?

Whose minutes would they give to him? I don't see them being interested in Ike. They may also be reluctant to take on additional salary. Their payroll for 2009 is a bit over $62M.

Hicks
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
*cue ominous music*

Would you trade........ Granger? :evillaugh

count55
05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
*cue ominous music*

Not unless that pick is top two...(more of a commentary on my opinion of the guys available after Rose & Beasley than any proclamation of Danny's greatness.)

d_c
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Maybe Ike and our pick if we both stay where we are. Milwaukee has the 7th pick, and since I think there are about eight good players in this draft I would think hard about doing that.

Rule of thumb in this kind of scenario is that Milwaukee is only going to trade down 4 slots (from 7 to 11 in this case) if they can STILL get the guy they would have taken at #7 anyways.

If I'm Milwaukee, something like Ike or Shawne Williams isn't going to get me to trade down and settle for a player who I don't want as much. In the NBA draft, you want to get the player you like most. That's first and foremost.

Jared Jammer
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Bucks may be willing to swap picks if we're willing to take a bad contract off their hands. #11 & Quis' expiring for #7 and Gadzuric is plausible.

owl
05-20-2008, 11:56 AM

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Then I would take Love.

d_c
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Bucks may be willing to swap picks if we're willing to take a bad contract off their hands. #11 & Quis' expiring for #7 and Gadzuric is plausible.

That's possible too. A lot of that comes down to ownership and whether the Simons feel committing $20M to Dan Gadzuric is worth moving up a few slots to get the guy they want. Depending on ownership, the Pacers might be less willing to do that than the Bucks.

It would take Bird to sell them on the idea of it.

himikey
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
The Bucks priority is a SF, so we wouldn't be able to land this this pick without us giving up Duns or Granger. Because at #11 the Bucks would be looking at Donte Greene from Syracuse, and I'm betting that MIL has had their fill of Tim Thomas clones at this point.

eldubious
05-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Ike and the 11th for charlie v and the 7th. Then draft Gordon or Love.

Jared Jammer
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Ike and the 11th for charlie v and the 7th. Then draft westbrook.

Villanueva has more trade value than Ike, so this trade makes no sense for Milwaukee.

Shade
05-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I would trade anyone but Granger for their pick.

Shade
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
*cue ominous music*

Nope. Only for Rose...maybe Beasley.

Coop
05-20-2008, 03:27 PM

Drafting Westbrook at 7 would be downright stupid. You don't move up in the draft to pick someone you could have gotten at your previous pick.

Shade
05-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Drafting Westbrook at 7 would be downright stupid. You don't move up in the draft to pick someone you could have gotten at your previous pick.

Agreed. If we moved up to #7, I would want Gordon. We should have a very good shot at Westbrook at #11.

grace
05-20-2008, 03:32 PM
It would take Bird to sell them on the idea of it.

Since no one wants to talk to him that would be a little difficult.

Ike or Shawne for a lottery pick? Are you people crazy?

croz24
05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
so some of you want to actually trade up to #7 to draft love or westbrook? WOW. hopefully a move up would indicate mayo slipping or us drafting randolph. could also see lopez falling to #7.

basically though, we wouldn't be in the awful situation we're in if the franchise would have just tanked. a top 8 pick in this draft would guarantee you one of the top guys. #11 is when teams reach because the top players are gone but teams still want to maximize on the potential and the expectations of such a high pick.

Oneal07
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM

I would definitely do this, but it's unlikely to happen

Gamble1
05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
so some of you want to actually trade up to #7 to draft love or westbrook? WOW. hopefully a move up would indicate mayo slipping or us drafting randolph. could also see lopez falling to #7.

basically though, we wouldn't be in the awful situation we're in if the franchise would have just tanked. a top 8 pick in this draft would guarantee you one of the top guys. #11 is when teams reach because the top players are gone but teams still want to maximize on the potential and the expectations of such a high pick.

Totally agree with this.

And westbrook at 7th is a huge stretch

Anthem
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
basically though, we wouldn't be in the awful situation we're in if the franchise would have just tanked.
You're right. If we'd thrown away the season we might have moved up three or four spots in the lottery. But we also wouldn't have seen Granger and Dun play at the highest level of their lives. The young players on the team would have learned to embrace losing. There's lots of bad things that go with trying to tank the season.

It usually doesn't work out so well for the tank-er. I'll take our chances with trying to win.

EDIT: Besides, you're a little pre-mature. A top-8 player could easily slide to #11. Then we'll have gotten the best of both worlds.

btowncolt
05-20-2008, 07:00 PM
EDIT: Besides, you're a little pre-mature. A top-8 player could easily slide to #11. Then we'll have gotten the best of both worlds.

Pre-mature enunciation is not a laughing matter.

Anthem
05-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Pre-mature enunciation is not a laughing matter.
Given his lack of capital letters, I don't even want to imagine his enunciation.

Kegboy
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Milwaukee fell to 8th. 8 to 11 isn't that far a drop for Milwaukee.

Anthem
05-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Or much of a raise for the Pacers.

I'd trade FOR their pick (so we have #8 and #11), but I don't know that I'd try trading up. Difficult to make a deal... Shawne or Ike is too much, but anything less is too little.

himikey
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Given his lack of capital letters, I don't even want to imagine his enunciation.

If by 'enunciation' you mean 'the act of becoming a eunuch', then I won't try to imagine that either.

Jared Jammer
05-20-2008, 09:26 PM
#11 and Ike for #8 is reasonable in my opinion.

d_c
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM

That depends on the situation and who the Bucks want relative to what other teams picking after them want. The Bucks are going to identify the player they like most at #8. If they think they can get that guy even after trading down a few spots, they'll do it.

If the Bucks and Pacers (or some other team picking #9 or 10) both like the same player, then the Bucks will just keep their pick and take who they like.

Anthem
05-20-2008, 09:31 PM
If by 'enunciation' you mean 'the act of becoming a eunuch', then I won't try to imagine that either.
:D Ok, that was good.

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/hood/images/rabbi.jpg

eldubious
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Can't trade a player for a pick, another player will have to be included, more than likely it's Ike or Shawne.

Anthem
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Can't trade a player for a pick
What?

BKK
05-21-2008, 02:18 AM
Yep I'm surprised by that too...
IIRC last year Charlotte traded 8th pick (Wright) straight for Richardson. As long as the team has the salary cap flexibility to absorb incomin player's contract I think it is feasible to trade palyer for pick

Milwaukee is ready to get rid of their pick but at the right price. I think they rather see it as a deal breaker/bargaining chip to get rid of one of their hoorendous contratc ala Simmons or Gadzuric...

Kraft
05-21-2008, 02:35 AM
For pure discussion purposes ... how would you feel about something based on Ike/Daniels/11 for Simmons/8? A couple expiring deals for Milwaukee ... and only an extra year for the Pacers, who aren't getting out of cap hell any time in the next three years anyway.

Bobby Simmons could be a useful piece ... he just got paid way too much in free agency.

BKK
05-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Granted Ike and Daniels won't take us to the other level but taking Simmons contract is just hard to swallow... Maybe if they include their 2nd rd pick... :)

Eindar
05-21-2008, 03:20 AM
I wouldn't accept years of financial shackles just to move up 3 spots in the draft, especially when you're not moving up from say, #5 to #2 or something where there's a massive talent difference. Only way I give up expirings and some talent for Gadzuric is if the #8 is coming without the #11 going back.

MillerTime
05-21-2008, 05:50 AM
I doubt they would trade their #7 pick to the Pacers for anyone but Gragner and we're not willing to trade Granger. If we could get the #7 pick (and keep Granger) and also have the #11th pick, we would probably end up with Love and Westbrook, that would just be amazing

Kuq_e_Zi91
05-21-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm not too disappointed or worried about the 11th pick. Let's not forget the projected top 8 players now aren't always the top 8 players in that draft 2-3 years from now. But basically, the thing giving me the most hope right now is that the last time we selected 11th we got Reggie..