PDA

View Full Version : A thread for Shade

Anthem
05-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Here you go, Shade. A rap song in perfect English.

let’s get down as if today was the annual celebration of the day you were born.
We are going to slowly sip a name brand alcohol as if today was the day of which you were born.
But you know what?
I really don’t care if it is your birthday or not.

I f you are ever trying to locate me, I can usually be found at the local dance hall with a bottle of champagne in my hand.
Or, if you prefer something a bit stronger, I have some street grade MDMA to get you in the mood.
You see, I am much more the type of man that prefers to have open, casual sexual relations instead of being monogamous and committed to one woman.
So if you enjoy getting felt up and groped, then get your fanny over here so I can give it a squeeze.

When I arrive at the discothèque, you can see me driving a Mercedes Benz with 20 inch rims.
If I am hanging out with 19 other members of my entourage, you'd be well advised to know that everyone here is equipped with a weapon.
Some fools act like they'd like to get to know me, just because the word on the street is that I am acquaintances with the legendary Dr. Dre.
And some women have the tendency to want to engage in promiscuous activities with me because my record has been selling almost as much as Eminem’s.
But let me warn you, all these women and all this money hasn’t changed my perspective on the important issues in life.

To be honest, this one's not great. I read an amazing one a while back, but I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it. I've not been able to find it. Some decent ones at www.raptranslations.com, but not much selection.

Anthem
05-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Heh. Not bad.

http://www.raptranslations.com/translations/viewtranslation.php?songid=24

Shade
05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
:brilliant

Naptown_Seth
05-21-2008, 12:32 PM
The problem is that he slips into semi-rap at some points. Why use "fools" for example. Gotta make the full commitment to this thing.

My revision:
Some naive people without the capacity to understand that I have no interest in meeting them will still make attempts to interact with me in friendly conversation, and I strongly suspect that this is due soley to the fact that I maintain a close relationship with a gentleman who goes by the alias of "Dr. Dre" (and please understand that he is not in fact a doctor...I'm unsure if these other people are seeking medical advice or not).

Anthem
05-21-2008, 09:49 PM
The problem is that he slips into semi-rap at some points. Why use "fools" for example. Gotta make the full commitment to this thing.

My revision:
Some naive people without the capacity to understand that I have no interest in meeting them will still make attempts to interact with me in friendly conversation, and I strongly suspect that this is due soley to the fact that I maintain a close relationship with a gentleman who goes by the alias of "Dr. Dre" (and please understand that he is not in fact a doctor...I'm unsure if these other people are seeking medical advice or not).
Awesome.