PDA

View Full Version : JO, most overpaid player by wins produced

sarc
05-19-2008, 11:11 AM
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2008/05/18/the-most-overpaid-in-the-nba-in-2007-08/

"Jermaine O’Neal was paid more than $19 million last season. But his Wins Production was in the negative range. Consequently he cost the Pacers more than $20 million (and yet the Pacers only missed the playoffs by one game)."

It's not like it's a big suprise though.

spreedom
05-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Jeff Green
The last player I want to talk about is All-Rookie first team member, Jeff Green. Green had a very poor rookie campaign and was one of the big reasons the Sonics last season in Seattle went so badly. Although he was only paid $3 million, his -3.8 Wins Produced means he was overpaid by more than $9 million. Again, it is hard for a player working under a rookie contract to be overpaid. These contracts are designed to exploit the players. For Green (and Bargnani) to manage to be overpaid by such a large margin is truly remarkable.

Good reason why sports and science rarely agree with each other... who in the world would say that Green has a "very poor" rookie season? I thought he and Durant both played very well for rookies....

idioteque
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
The last player I want to talk about is All-Rookie first team member, Jeff Green.

Green had a very poor rookie campaign and was one of the big reasons the Sonics last season in Seattle went so badly.

How do these hack columnists keep their jobs?

Kegboy
05-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I didn't want to start a thread on this, but since you brought it up:

I was looking at the top individual salaries on HoopsHype last night, and I realized something. In 2 years, the last year of Jermaine's contract, he will be the 3rd highest paid player in the league, behind Kobe and TMac.

:puke: * infinity