PDA

View Full Version : Celtics vs. Pistons - Who will win? Who do you want to win?

Shade
05-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm kinda curious, considering all of the disdain for both of these franchises in Pacerland, who will you be pulling for in this series? Who do you think will actually win?

I'm pulling for Boston, but I think Detroit will take it in 6. I picked the Celtics before the playoffs began, and I still like their chances in a Game 7 in Boston, but their complete ineptitude on the road leads me to believe that the Pistons will take one of the first two in Boston and then ride out home court advantage the rest of the way.

Kegboy
05-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh, I'm convinced Detroit will win. Fairly easily, too.

And as I just said in the playoff thread, I wa.., I wuu.., I, uh, I want Boston to lose, that's better. KG was just acting like a retard today, and I'm sick of it. I never had a problem with the guy, but my god, he's become insufferable.

Young
05-18-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll be rooting for the Celtics.

I want to see KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen win it all. I think they deserve it.

Even though the Pistons are a rival to the Pacers I will admit it is hard for me to say I hate them. I just like the way Joe Dumars has built that team and how they play.

Sollozzo
05-18-2008, 11:27 PM
The Celtics, only because I bet 20 on them making the finals with a friend before the season started.

JayRedd
05-18-2008, 11:28 PM
The Big Two Featuring Ray Allen.

GO!!!!!
05-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Neither.... but i'd have to favour the C's, because the Hornets would proberly sweep them the easiest of the two..

Anthem
05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
As I said in the other thread, I hope the Celts win the next four games by triple digits.

But I expect the Pistons to advance.

AesopRockOn
05-18-2008, 11:44 PM
The Pistons are playing some of their best ball of the year. Celtics...eh, not so much. I say the Pistons do win pretty easily though I can't in any way cheer for them or hope that they win. Pistons probably give the Lakers a better series than the Celtics. And I'd like to see a competitive NBA Finals this year.

Trader Joe
05-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I've been tired of KG's screaming and posturing act ever since he lost to the Lakers in the WCF. Its annoying and IMO he is all talk. I'll be pulling for the Pistons.

Hicks
05-18-2008, 11:56 PM
The Pistons will win, I'd rather they not.

Aw Heck
05-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I think Detroit takes it in 6 -- assuming that Billups is healthy and they play without the "we're so good, we don't even care and we don't have to try" attitude that pops up from time to time. The refs will probably heavily favor the home teams in order to try to force a game 7. Unlike the Celtics, the Pistons are good enough to steal a game on the road and take it in 6.

A Celtics-Lakers Finals matchup is a wet dream for the league in terms of marketing and TV ratings potential. But I think the Pistons are too good of a team and the Celtics are just playing too poorly.

I don't really care for either team. I'm rooting for the Spurs. (If you don't like the Spurs, don't worry. I'm probably giving them the kiss of death by rooting for them.) I think KG, Allen, and Pierce join the long list of great players that didn't win the big one.

Kstat
05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
The Pistons will win, I'd rather they not.

Story of our existence. :laugh:

Infinite MAN_force
05-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I want the pistons to win and I think they will.

Boston just looks too weak on the road. Pistons in 6.

The Pistons are a real team, not a group of has beens who have been compiled to win a championship. Old rivalry's aside, I just like the way they play. I like teams that are not "star" oriented.

Though admittedly I was pulling for Cleveland to win it all... although Lebron is the soon to be biggest star in the league, He is a guy who makes his teammates better. Just look at the success he has had with that roster, Lebron + roleplayers. I would love to see him take that group to a championship, that would be more immpressive than any of Micheal's final's wins.

I would be happy with anyone winning it all as long as it is not the lakers though.

travmil
05-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't like either team, I don't care who wins or loses. I do think the winner of this series will win the NBA title. I said about a month before the season ended that Detroit would have something to say to all of the folks who were handing the East to the C's. I never dreamed that the C's would be playing as bad as they have been in the playoffs. Cleveland I can understand, but how can you get taken to 7 by the Hawks? I think you'll see defensive games, and while the Celtics did have excellent D in the regular season, we all know that the Pistons bring the D like nobody else in the playoffs. I don't think the Celtics do anything well enough that the Pistons won't be able to deal with it. They have two players that can cover KG like a rug, and they won't even bother with Ray Allen until he makes them. I just see too many matchup problems for the Celtics here and I think the Pistons will win in 6.

Will Galen
05-19-2008, 12:34 AM
I'll be rooting for the Celtics.

I want to see KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen win it all. I think they deserve it.

I'm not picking on you rommie, I'm picking on the statement. It's never made sense to me why people say so and so deserves it.

How does being a star, even a long time star make you deserving? If they didn't have the right team mates to win then they could have gotten better ones by taking less money. That would be doing everything they can to win. As it is most all players sign where they can get the most money. So it's obvious they want the money first and then a championship. So basically I think they only deserve it if they win it.

I'm for the Pistons, and then whoever comes out of the West other than the Lakers. If it's Pistons and Lakers, I won't care who wins, I'll at least have the knowledge that one of them will lose.

Fool
05-19-2008, 01:19 AM
I would like the Pistons to win.

tdubb03
05-19-2008, 01:39 AM
I want Detroit to win, I'm tired of these teams trying to win titles with rent-a-players.

CableKC
05-19-2008, 01:57 AM
I'm rooting for the team that is better equipped to beat the Lakers.....unfortunately, that's the Pistons.

S.R.E.C.A.P
05-19-2008, 02:30 AM
I want Detroit to win, I'm tired of these teams trying to win titles with rent-a-players.

I completely agree, haf to go wif deeeetroit ~ can't stand em celtics

mildlysane
05-19-2008, 07:11 AM

Especially when we can't even rent from Rent-a-center......:mad:

Doddage
05-19-2008, 07:43 AM
I want Boston to win for damn sure. I hope they do it in sweep fashion too, unfortunately they've played like ***** on the road, so we'll see what happens.

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
I think the Pistons will win in 6 games. The Celtics have been playing every-other day for 10 straight games now. That has a cumulative effect.

But I really want the Celtics to win. Not sure why all the hate for the Celtics. I became a Celtics fan this season after watching them play a few times - I love how they play defense, their energy is incredible, so yes I want the Celtics.

D-BONE
05-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Don't care who wins but I think DEE-troit will. Playing better ball at the moment. Maybe the Celts finally rise to the occasion against this comp but the road woes just don't bode well I don't think.

grace
05-19-2008, 08:23 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ap_ballot_ma_070719_ms.jpg

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I think all the heart and effort displayed by the Celtics I keep hearing about is a false belief in part created by the media. I saw two players show any heart yesterday for Boston and that was Pierce and House on the one play where he ran down the loose ball. Ray Allen looks like the freaking tinman out there and KG just runs around yelling at people.

Speed
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I can't root for Rasheed Wallace or Paul Pierce, I just can't do it.

Although I like Chauncey Billups and Kevin Garnett.

So I don't know, I'll root against whichever team whines the most in the series. Too soon to say now.

I'm thinking either team gets rolled by whoever wins the San Antonio/New Orleans series. I've though all along that who ever wins that series, wins it all.

DisplacedKnick
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
I think Detroit will win - and to my complete shock, I want them to.

I think it's a combination of Celtics fans, The Sports Guy and that Nike commercial making KG a hero because they managed to beat Atlanta in 7 games.

It's rejuvenated all the bad feelings I had for Boston back in the 80's.

JayRedd
05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Just a question: Why do people dislike Paul Pierce?

I've never really seen that before. He's pretty nondescript in general I always thought, so I wonder what's not to like.

Suaveness
05-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Believe it or not, I'm all for Detroit. While I dislike them immensely, I agree with DK. I'm just sick of Boston having everything good. My ultimate hope is to have NO win. Though I bet that doesn't happen since I want it to.

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Just a question: Why do people dislike Paul Pierce?

I've never really seen that before. He's pretty nondescript in general I always thought, so I wonder what's not to like.

I don'tt understand it either. The only thing I can think of negative about him is when he played on the World Championship team coached by George Karl - he played horribly, took tons of bad shots, and acted like he didn't care. Other than that - I don't understand why people don't like him. I used to love watching the games when Artest was guarding him. And he always took Artest's antics rather well.

But I'm not a good person to ask because I don't hate any NBA players. I mean when the pacers are in a playoff series against a player like Paul Peirce, I suppose I have a little hatred - but as soon as the series is over, I leave that behind

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I like Pierce more than KG or Allen. I think some of the dislike for Pierce just comes from the Pacers playing the Celtics a lot in the playoffs over the past 6 years.

count55
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Essentially, there are five teams left: SA/NO, Lakers, Celts, and Pistons.

I only would be happy/relatively pleased if one of two of them (SA or NO) won. I'd be varying degrees of disappointed to pissed if one of the other three won, with the Lakers as my least favorite.

I like KG and Ray Allen, but have never particularly cared for Pierce, which probably came from too many matchups between Boston & Indy (in Football & Basketball). I hate Detroit, as all good and decent humans should (wink, wink), but the edge is gone from that as most of the major players from the dark days are gone from both teams.

I'm pretty close to just not paying attention any more.

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I want the Hornets to win followed by the Lakers. I'm honestly not so sure why so many of you hate them so much now.

JayRedd
05-19-2008, 11:33 AM
The Lakers?

Because they're the Lakers.

I don't dislike any of the players (okay, Sasha seems like a douche), nor did I during the three-peat. I just don't like that jersey.

OTD
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I hope the Pistons take them in 4, I get tired of men who become rich on a team and leave to try and get a ring, Tha is one thing that Reggie showed that he was a man. There have been a lot of great players who did not get that ring, and stuck with the team that made them rich.

Shade
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Story of our existence. :laugh:

I think you have to realize, the brawl aside, that a lot of us just dislike Rasheed Wallace that much.

The guy is just an arrogant *******. He called our fans mother****ers. He's the biggest crybaby in the league. He threatens referees in parking lots. The guy obviously has some issues, and IMO deserves to fail on the court for them. He doesn't have to be a milk-drinker, but for God's sake, show SOME class.

I doubt I will ever like the Pistons franchise because of their role in the Pacers' downfall (though I attribute more of that to Stern's harshly unbalanced penalties for both franchises in the aftermath of the brawl), but if they got rid of Sheed, I could tolerate them a whole hell of a lot more than I can right now.

Kstat
05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
it was the story of our existence dating back 20+ years. Rasheed is a simply a new chapter, one most Pistons fans are extremely fond of.

Yes, he whines all the time. Yes, he yelled an obscenity into a crowd. Charles Barkley (unintentionally) spit in the face of a 10-year old girl. Sheed's crimes are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And Sheed HAS failed on the court because of his issues, but other times he succeeds because of them.

He isn't a flawless person by any means, but he's also not a terrible person, and I can't conceive any justifiable karma that would doom him to endless failures because of his shortcomings.

Sheed loves to wear the black hat. It's who he is, and it fits right in with what the Pistons represent.

Shade
05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I want the Hornets to win followed by the Lakers. I'm honestly not so sure why so many of you hate them so much now.

Because, like JayRedd said, they're the Lakers. Their fanbase is one of the most elitist, arrogant bunch of band-wagoners you'll ever meet; even worse than the Celtics fans, IMO.

I like Fisher, and that's about it.

Still, I would root for them against the Pistons, assuming I could stomach having to accept that one of the teams had to win.

Shade
05-19-2008, 01:14 PM
it was the story of our existence dating back 20+ years. Rasheed is a simply a new chapter, one most Pistons fans are extremely fond of.

I'm talking about Pacers fans. I doubt most of us had a problem with Detroit in the late 80's/early 90's. I think I rooted for them a little back them because of Isiah, actually.

My problem with the Pistons has always been the unfair treatment stemming from the brawl and the Wallaces. Ben Wallace would get away with over-the-back so often I thought it was going to drive me mad. And Sheed...I just want to kick him in the nuts.

Kstat
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm talking about Pacers fans. I doubt most of us had a problem with Detroit in the late 80's/early 90's. I think I rooted for them a little back them because of Isiah, actually.

coincidentally, Celtic fans hated us 20 years ago and they havent' had a problem with our current team until recently.....

My problem with the Pistons has always been the unfair treatment stemming from the brawl and the Wallaces. Ben Wallace would get away with over-the-back so often I thought it was going to drive me mad.

No offense, but this is the NBA. They make you jump for rebounds. It's been that way since the russell and chamberlain days. Frankly, I think it makes the game run smoother and eliminates a lot of cheapie fouls.

If you box out your man and go AFTER the ball instead of letting it come to you, the guy behind you will have to push you in the back to steal the rebound, which is called almost every time in the NBA.

Frankly, I think that's how it should be on all levels.

And Sheed...I just want to kick him in the nuts.

And Laimbeer, and Rodman, And Mahorn...

SOmeday, I hope Jason maxiell can carry on that legacy. :D

Shade
05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
The Pistons are a real team, not a group of has beens who have been compiled to win a championship. Old rivalry's aside, I just like the way they play. I like teams that are not "star" oriented.

The Celtics really do appear reminiscent of the 2004 Lakers. But I don't believe the current Pistons team is as good as the 2004 Pistons, either. So it should be interesting.

It would be hilarious if the Celtics went 0-9 on the road in the playoffs after going 31-10 in the regular season. Detroit WILL win at least one game in Boston.

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
As much as anything I am just tired of watching these Pistons. I enjoyed watching them when carlisle was the coach and the first year larry brown was there, I was rooting for them bigtime against the Lakers and even the Spurs in the NBA Finals (even with Sheed) but the brawl certainly didn't endure me to the Pistons, but more than anything I am just tired of watching them - there is nothing really new there.

But I was the one who said they had 5 allstars on their team, I was the one who said the moment they got Sheed they would win the east, and I greatly respect the talent on that team - most people under-estimate their talent level

Shade
coincidentally, Celtic fans hated us 20 years ago and they havent' had a problem with our current team until recently.....

No offense, but this is the NBA. They make you jump for rebounds. It's been that way since the russell and chamberlain days. Frankly, I think it makes the game run smoother and eliminates a lot of cheapie fouls.

If you box out your man and go AFTER the ball instead of letting it come to you, the guy behind you will have to push you in the back to steal the rebound, which is called almost every time in the NBA.

Frankly, I think that's how it should be on all levels.

Fair enough, but make it a consistent call. In fact, most of the problems with NBA officiating seem to stem from inconsistency. It produces the perception of unfairness, whether intentional or not.

Major Cold
Unless Boston finds Ray Allen then I don't see Boston having a chance. i have a feeling that Tay is going to have an incredible series.

Maybe the Cs can get a mirror and Allan Ray.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAhF7yYx63o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAhF7yYx63o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Kstat
05-19-2008, 01:23 PM
The Celtics remind me a lot of the 04 pacers.

Pierce, KG and Allen remind me of O'Neal, Artest and Reggie of four years ago, but without the hype.

all-star SF, MVP candidate PF, and aging former great SG that can only show up every other game.

Perkins and Foster share a lot of similarities as well.

I think the 04 pacers had a little better bench, though, and a much better coach.

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Ray Allen will play well against the Pistons (unless they defend him the same way the Cavs did - Cavs did a great job - and one thing about the playoffs - defenses can shut down great shooters like him - if they want) Seems like the cavs don't get the defensive credit that they deserve

count55
05-19-2008, 01:35 PM
The Celtics remind me a lot of the 04 pacers.

Pierce, KG and Allen remind me of O'Neal, Artest and Reggie of four years ago, but without the hype.

all-star SF, MVP candidate PF, and aging former great SG that can only show up every other game.

Perkins and Foster share a lot of similarities as well.

I think the 04 pacers had a little better bench, though, and a much better coach.

So, how do these Pistons compare to those Pistons?

Kstat
05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
So, how do these Pistons compare to those Pistons?

Hadn't thought of that...

obviously, 4 of the starting 5 is the same. three of those guys are better players now, and one of them (Sheed) has declined a little.

Dice has less of an impact than Ben did, but he's really a two-headed monster with maxiell, so we do make up for that lack of production.

I'd say our bench is a heck of a lot better. Our bench in 2004 performed so far below its talent level. It amazes me that we won the title with our bench getting outplayed almost every night.

JayRedd
05-19-2008, 01:44 PM

Yes, he whines all the time. Yes, he yelled an obscenity into a crowd. Charles Barkley (unintentionally) spit in the face of a 10-year old girl. Sheed's crimes are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And Sheed HAS failed on the court because of his issues, but other times he succeeds because of them.

He isn't a flawless person by any means, but he's also not a terrible person, and I can't conceive any justifiable karma that would doom him to endless failures because of his shortcomings.

Sheed loves to wear the black hat. It's who he is, and it fits right in with what the Pistons represent.

For the record, I love Sheed. Definitely one of my Top 10 Favorite in the League.

ajbry
05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Ray Allen will play well against the Pistons (unless they defend him the same way the Cavs did - Cavs did a great job - and one thing about the playoffs - defenses can shut down great shooters like him - if they want) Seems like the cavs don't get the defensive credit that they deserve

He was covered primarily by Wally Z. If you can't shake an aging and rapidly declining Wally (who has never been a great defender, to say the least) I doubt he'll be able to dramatically turn it around against Detroit. I do agree overall with you regarding the Cavs' defensive prowess. They're very solid for the most part - not due to personnel IMO, but due to coaching.

I hope the Pistons win in 4. I also hope Sheed humiliates KG to to the point of an epic emotional meltdown at the post-game press conference.

JayRedd
05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Even weirder than the Pierce hate to me is the KG hate.

What's not to love about this guy? He's done everything the right way his whole career and is one of about 15 "superstars" who wanted to change teams in the last decade who handled it like a man behind closed doors instead of running off to the media.

Aside from not wanting your kids to read his lips while he's playing, I can't see any negatives here.

ajbry
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
KG is arrogant, wound-up, and a soft "post" player who buckles under pressure.

And he's a Boston favorite. That's enough for me.

tora tora
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Pistons in 5.

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 03:02 PM
He was covered primarily by Wally Z. If you can't shake an aging and rapidly declining Wally (who has never been a great defender, to say the least) I doubt he'll be able to dramatically turn it around against Detroit. I do agree overall with you regarding the Cavs' defensive prowess. They're very solid for the most part - not due to personnel IMO, but due to coaching.

Yes Wally did guard him quite a bit, but it was the way they trapped him hard on any pick and rolls, also any time he ran off any baseline screens the Cavs big men always jumped out on him very hard, they basically didn't allow him to get into any kind of rhythm and Ray is a rhythm player. Is the Pistons play him more one-on-one Ray will get it going. Cavs decided to take Ray away.

Not sure KG is a soft post player, but he isn't that great of a post player - the fact is he isn't a great offensive player or I really should say he isn't that great of a scorer. But he is a winner and he has a dominate impact on any team he plays on - as I mentioned earlier he is a very skilled energy guy

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
KG is arrogant, wound-up, and a soft "post" player who buckles under pressure.

And he's a Boston favorite. That's enough for me.

I agree with most of this. I also feel like KG has become a media darling, and it was no more evident than this year when people said KG deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as CP3, LBJ, and Kobe for the MVP race. I mean seriously? Were they even watching the same Paul, James, and Kobe? I can't imagine they were to say that with a straight face.

I don't know I just don't think KG belonged in that group yet the media put him there anyway. I know KG had a huge affect on the Celtics this season but was it enough to push him past the statistical differences? I'm not so sure.
I also just think KG is kind of a fake.

Jonathan
05-19-2008, 03:11 PM
The Pistons have a core group of players that have been playing together for several years and have chemistry. Flip Saunders is a better coach than Doc Rivers.
Both Teams play great defense and were picked to be here in the preseason.

I am taking the the Celtics because the NBA is a Business.

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes Wally did guard him quite a bit, but it was the way they trapped him hard on any pick and rolls, also any time he ran off any baseline screens the Cavs big men always jumped out on him very hard, they basically didn't allow him to get into any kind of rhythm and Ray is a rhythm player. Is the Pistons play him more one-on-one Ray will get it going. Cavs decided to take Ray away.

Not sure KG is a soft post player, but he isn't that great of a post player - the fact is he isn't a great offensive player or I really should say he isn't that great of a scorer. But he is a winner and he has a dominate impact on any team he plays on - as I mentioned earlier he is a very skilled energy guy

I don't consider KG a winner. He's now won what four or five playoff series his entire career?

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't consider KG a winner. He's now won what four or five playoff series his entire career?

That is interesting point. I am going to say something that makes no sense at least not on the surface. I do not judge whether a player is "winning player" on whether they have won a championship or even won a number of playoff series. I consider Mike Dunleavy a winning player and he's never been to the playoffs before. A winning player to me is someone who plays the game to win, as opposed to someone who plays for stats or to get on SportCenter. KG plays to win and he directly helps his teams win. Just because he can't take over a game offensively like Lebron or Kobe doesn't mean he isn't a winning player.

And you don't have to be an allstar or even a starter to be a winning player.

Hope this makes sense, otherwise, we don't need to have a long discussion about any of this, just provide me a list of players who have won chamipionships.

Basketball Fan
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Neither I'm going to root for the Lakers (yes I said it) to win it all. Kobe has always been one of my favorite players to watch and the fact that him leading the Lakers to win it all would spite so many people:devil:

And it would kill Stern if it was at the expensive of his Pimped Out Celtics.

However I think the Celtics will win this series in 7 and then bomb against the Lakers.

And I don't like KG because he seems to get a pass for not getting it done yet Dirk is always called the choker every year. At least Dirk lead his team to a Finals appearance. KG has yet to do that.

Fool
05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
as I mentioned earlier he is a very skilled energy guy

An energy guy?

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
That is interesting point. I am going to say something that makes no sense at least not on the surface. I do not judge whether a player is "winning player" on whether they have won a championship or even won a number of playoff series. I consider Mike Dunleavy a winning player and he's never been to the playoffs before. A winning player to me is someone who plays the game to win, as opposed to someone who plays for stats or to get on SportCenter. KG plays to win and he directly helps his teams win. Just because he can't take over a game offensively like Lebron or Kobe doesn't mean he isn't a winning player.

And you don't have to be an allstar or even a starter to be a winning player.

Hope this makes sense, otherwise, we don't need to have a long discussion about any of this, just provide me a list of players who have won chamipionships.

I understand what you're saying, but for me a better description of a player like KG or anyone else under your rules is a competitive player. I also don't think you have to win a championship to be a winning player nor does winning a championship make you a winning player.

JayRedd
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
KG is arguably the most competitive guy in the League.

Dude looks certified homicidal out there.

Kstat
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM

Unless he's up against Duncan, Rasheed, Karl Malone or Dwight Howard, and he's quiet as a church mouse. Won't say a peep all game long.

That's my problem with KG. He acts like the ultimate badass only when he's up against someone he knows can't fight back.

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Unless he's up against Duncan, Rasheed, Karl Malone or Dwight Howard, and he's quiet as a church mouse. Won't say a peep all game long.

That's my problem with KG. He acts like the ultimate badass only when he's up against someone he knows can't fight back.

Yep, which goes back to my point that I feel he is kind of fake.

Indianapolis_girly
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
To be completely honest with you I would say neither.
Since we have to choose. I'd say I would want the Pistons to win. :blush:
I'm just tired of all of the Celtics this Celtics that.
& all of the Celtics commercials.
blah blah blah.
I think the Pistons will win.
Since they can actually win a game on the road. :D

Fool
05-19-2008, 04:37 PM
KG is the only guy who's ever even thought of fighting Antonio McDyess. The only one.

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
He's also the guy who got elbowed in the face in a playoff game and backed down.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-19-2008, 05:07 PM
GOOOOOOOO PISTONS! I can't stand the damn big 3...the celtics are so cocky i wish they would get swept!

Hicks
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM

Reminds me of Ron Artest......

Oh, and while we're criticizing KG, he also punched a teammate. That's wonderful.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-19-2008, 05:17 PM
so how many push offs do you think KG will get away with? his rebounding strategy's suck!

OnlyPacersLeft
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Reminds me of Ron Artest......

Oh, and while we're criticizing KG, he also punched a teammate. That's wonderful.
yeah wasn't it rick rickert? he scored on KG and KG belted the dude? I hope KG never wins anything and my god i hope billups destroys guys like rondo/cassell and of all people eddie house...my god he acts like he won the title each time he hits a shot...