PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the location of the July 12th forum party

Jose Slaughter
05-18-2008, 11:08 PM
We have 4 options, just to be fair.

1. Donatos at Nora. This is where we've held the last two. Its on the north side of Indianapolis just about half way from the east & west sides of the city.

2. Donatos at 75th & Shadeland. This is a new possibility simply because I think most have preferred a north to northeast location & this Donatos is not that far from 465 & 69.

3. Donatos at Speedway. Its 56th & Crawfordville Road on the westside of Indianapolis. I'm not familiar with the area but I'd like to offer the westsiders a chance to have a forum party in their area.

These 3 locations can be found on this map.
http://www.donatos.com/locator/advantagecallback.asp?country=US&pheight=250&pwidth=375&transaction=search&address=&city=indianapolis&stateProvince=IN&postalCode=46202&radius=20&search2=1&x=42&y=14

4. Donatos in Greenwood. 2260 South US Route 31. This is the location closest to the ice cream parlor that t1hs0n has offered as an after party spot.

This is a link to a map showing the Greenwood Donatos as well as t1hs0n's place.

http://www.donatos.com/locator/advan...tude=39.598800

Shade
05-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Anything but option 3. I'm not real fond of that area. But I know the two northside locations very well and the idea of the ice cream parlor is intriguing.

My order of preference would be:

4, 2, 1, 3

Kegboy
05-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry, gotta rep the NB.

<----

Robertmto
05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
75th or Greenwood please

Hicks
05-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I voted Greenwood, then realized I could have voted for more than one. I would have also voted for Nora.

aero
05-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Donatos Greenwood

right down the street from me so i think i might be able to drop in and say hey on my way to work.

Putnam
05-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Just to clarify: The westside Donatos isn't at 56th and Crawfordsville Road. It is at 5622 West Crawfordsville Road, but it doesn't intersect with 56th Street.

Have fun.

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm willing to travel anywhere - that is no problem. However I would hope the people who vote on this would be people who are actually going to show up. Sorry, but that only seems fair

Trader Joe
05-19-2008, 09:17 AM
How far of a drive is it from 131st St. to Greenwood?

Unclebuck
05-19-2008, 09:49 AM

On a late Saturday afternoon, it is about a 40 minutes

Naptown_Seth
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
All are fine. I haven't been able to go to the Nora parties myself, so if there is a space issue then I don't know. You guys know if another one would be better for reasons other than location.

I also only picked 1 (Nora) rather than selecting all.

Roaming Gnome
05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I really don't care, eventhough the westside location is less then 10 mins away.

Considering we have people comming in from New Castle and Crawfordsville that never miss a party, I don't see why there is this catering to folks that live in town.

Ownagedood
05-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Greenwood. :)

duke dynamite
05-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Hmm...I do like the Greenwood location idea better. The ice cream joint for an after-party sure sounds nice.

Hicks
05-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Considering we have people comming in from New Castle and Crawfordsville that never miss a party, I don't see why there is this catering to folks that live in town.

:whistle:

duke dynamite
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I live in Southern Indiana. I can make it to Indianapolis.

Ownagedood
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
I would probably only be able to make it to greenwood. :(

Gamble1
05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm willing to travel anywhere - that is no problem. However I would hope the people who vote on this would be people who are actually going to show up. Sorry, but that only seems fair

I'm sorry. I won't be able to come but my vote is 1,3 and 4. ;)

Gamble1
05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
I really don't care, eventhough the westside location is less then 10 mins away.

I am sorry Gnome. I thought we were on the Pacers forum. :box:

I just hate Danotoes.

Jose Slaughter
05-19-2008, 11:07 PM
After finding a place that has room for us the next thing I look for is a location that is easily accessible. Meaning, as close to an inter-state exit as possible. The Castleton Pizza King was just about as close to perfet as we're going to get. It was less than a mile from the 465/69 exit at 86th Street.

While the Donatos at Nora stays open much later, its further from 465 than I would prefer. I'd like to make it as easy on those driving in from outside Indy as we can. Thats why I added the 75th & Shadeland location. Its a northeast local that most on here have seemed to prefer, plus its quicker to get to than the Nora Donatos. Not only that but the manager is hot beyond words!

I really like the idea of having the party in another part of town & the ice cream parlor after party is a great idea. However, after looking at the map, the location seems a little out of the way.

Its always been about getting as many as we can to attend. If it stays within a couple of votes either way, we might have to have another vote between the Nora & Greenwood locations.

Young
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
After finding a place that has room for us the next thing I look for is a location that is easily accessible. Meaning, as close to an inter-state exit as possible. The Castleton Pizza King was just about as close to perfet as we're going to get. It was less than a mile from the 465/69 exit at 86th Street.

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings right off of 469 on Maysville Road. Of course Fort Wayne might be a little far north of Indy. ;)

duke dynamite
05-20-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm not that inclined to come to the party if it is on the northside.

duke dynamite
05-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm sure I can try and use some pull and getting us some radio coverage or some attention from the Pacers front office. I'll make a couple of calls and see if they can take any part of this that they can. I'm not saying that we can get players or anything, but I'm sure that they will support us in anyway they can since we are 'diehard' fans.

Hicks
05-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm not that inclined to come to the party if it is on the northside.

Isn't the difference between one side of Indy and the other about 15 minutes?

Hicks
05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm sure I can try and use some pull and getting us some radio coverage or some attention from the Pacers front office. I'll make a couple of calls and see if they can take any part of this that they can. I'm not saying that we can get players or anything, but I'm sure that they will support us in anyway they can since we are 'diehard' fans.

Personally I don't want the radio getting involved, but if the Pacers want to host us or send a representative in one form or another, that might be cool.

Robertmto
05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Isn't the difference between one side of Indy and the other about 15 minutes?

the difference between greenwood and nora is about 45mins, on a good traffic day

duke dynamite
05-20-2008, 01:09 AM
We still need to take into account that there is an area where we can have an after party in said ice cream shop.

Dr. Goldfoot
05-20-2008, 01:34 AM
I voted for Greenwood just to be a jerk. If you guys actually have it 75th & Shadeland there's a good chance I'd accidentally show up.

Jose Slaughter
05-20-2008, 08:50 AM
We still need to take into account that there is an area where we can have an after party in said ice cream shop.

We have a spot on the northside as well. After Donatos a group of us always head over to Perkins in Castleton.

Swingman
05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
We could just have 2 locations and people go to the one that's more convenient for them.

People in southern Indiana are probably voting Greenwood and people in northern Indiana are likely voting Nora.

Jose Slaughter
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
We could just have 2 locations and people go to the one that's more convenient for them.

People in southern Indiana are probably voting Greenwood and people in northern Indiana are likely voting Nora.

That is a fantasic idea!

Hicks
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Really? I'm not a fan of it myself if it splits up the group that usually shows up for these parties.

On the other hand, if we stay together, and this lets many who can't make our gatherings meet up, then cool; more power to them.

Raoul Duke
05-20-2008, 05:32 PM

Like you haven't driven past Greenwood on your way to Bloomington? :rolleyes:

Shade
05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I think the real question here is:

How many of the people that would show up at the Nora location would definitely not show up in Greenwood?

We need to get some new blood in here, and something tells me that most, if not all, of the regulars would be equally as likely to show up in Greenwood as they would in Nora.

Trader Joe
05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Like you haven't driven past Greenwood on your way to Bloomington? :rolleyes:

No I haven't.

Sollozzo
05-20-2008, 06:17 PM
No I haven't.

How do you get home then?

Trader Joe
05-20-2008, 06:20 PM
How do you get home then?

37 to 67 to 465 to Michigan Rd to 131st St.

If that takes me through Greenwood its news to me.

Sollozzo
05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
37 to 67 to 465 to Michigan Rd to 131st St.

If that takes me through Greenwood its news to me.

Ah, I see

duke dynamite
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
I think I am only going to show up if it's in Greenwood. My dad lives there so it would be convienient to visit him as well.

BillS
05-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Much as I like the ice cream parlor offer, I have pie to collect...

Unclebuck
05-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Much as I like the ice cream parlor offer, I have pie to collect...

What was our bet?

Kegboy
05-21-2008, 10:43 AM
What was our bet?

Something about you eating a shoe.

PiratePrincess
05-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Any of the locations are fine for me, but I voted for Greenwood because it's literally right down the road from me.

BillS
05-21-2008, 02:38 PM
What was our bet?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=35546

Thank God I won <i>something</i> this year...

Unclebuck
05-21-2008, 02:42 PM

Thank God I won <i>something</i> this year...

I had a very vague memory of that. My % on winning bets is 0%.

Yeah I want to change my vote to the Greenwood location - Greenwood has no pie

grace
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
You know UB Charles Barkley got threatened with a felony charge for not paying on his gambling debts. You might want to pay up before you end up in the pokie with Michael Vick.

Ownagedood
05-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I think I am only going to show up if it's in Greenwood. My dad lives there so it would be convienient to visit him as well.
Ya, same here about only making it to Greenwood.. I wouldn't be able to make it if it was somewhere else..

Swingman
05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd probably only be showing up if it's in Greenwood as well. I'm no one special though so hopefully #4 pulls away for the win.

Robertmto
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
The only location i CAN'T reallt get to is the westside. Other than that I'm game. I'd much rather be in Greenwood or 75th tho

Roaming Gnome
05-21-2008, 07:03 PM
If the Ice Cream/Coffee shop is a sure thing...I don't mind going to Greenwood for a change of pace. Even if the Ice Cream doesn't work out, I do believe there is a Perkins in that area, anyway.

Ultimately, as I said earlier...I really don't care where it's at.

I just have a feeling that the ones that are groaning the loudest about location STILL won't show up.

Shade
05-21-2008, 08:43 PM

Thank God I won something this year...

Winning a bet against UB is like finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground, already scratched off.

And that was still a flagrant foul. ****ing Stern.

t1hs0n
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Just wanted to chime in.

I would be happy to host you guys anytime. You don't need to force people out of their comfort zone (north side) for the party. I figured that my place was a little too far south when I brought the idea up.
I am looking to have game night viewing parties during the regular season for road games and nights I can't make the games at the fieldhouse.

Pig Nash
05-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I voted for the greenwood location even though I live in noblesville, I might be able to make the after party even if I don't come to the party, i normally work saturday nights. How late would the ice cream parlor be at our service?

Hicks
05-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Just wanted to chime in.

I would be happy to host you guys anytime. You don't need to force people out of their comfort zone (north side) for the party. I figured that my place was a little too far south when I brought the idea up.
I am looking to have game night viewing parties during the regular season for road games and nights I can't make the games at the fieldhouse.

Just to avoid confusion: Are you offering a place to meet from 4 or 5PM until late night, or from closing time to late night?

If the offer is from 4 or 5PM to late night, then I think it could work to meet there, pick up or have pizza delivered from wherever, and of course drinks/ice cream on location already there.

t1hs0n
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Just to avoid confusion: Are you offering a place to meet from 4 or 5PM until late night, or from closing time to late night?

If the offer is from 4 or 5PM to late night, then I think it could work to meet there, pick up or have pizza delivered from wherever, and of course drinks/ice cream on location already there.

I was just trying to figure that out myself.
I am definitely saying that you guys can use the place from ~9pm on till 4-5-6am. (whatever it takes)
My point on 11pm is that our plans are to close at 10 or 11pm (hasn't been decided yet)and that is when the adult beverages could be brought out.
The only issue I have with the idea of bringing pizza in at 4-5pm is that I have a menu of my own (soup/sandwiches) and I don't know how that would look to the regular patrons.

Edit: I just thought of a work around.
We also own the shop next door to the coffee/icecream shop and it closes at 5pm on Saturdays.
So, everyone could drive to one place and pizza brought in/delivered. Then when the coffee shop dies down the party could move next door. Also people could start drinking at 5pm if they want. (alkys)

I think that concludes my superbowl pitch.

Swingman
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I am definitely saying that you guys can use the place from ~9pm on till 4-5-6am. (whatever it takes)
My point on 11pm is that our plans are to close at 10 or 11pm (hasn't been decided yet)and that is when the adult beverages could be brought out.
The only issue I have with the idea of bringing pizza in at 4-5pm is that I have a menu of my own (soup/sandwiches) and I don't know how that would look to the regular patrons.

We also own the shop next door to the coffee/icecream shop and it closes at 5pm on Saturdays.
So, everyone could drive to one place and pizza brought in/delivered. Then when the coffee shop dies down the party could move next door. Also people could start drinking at 5pm if they want. (alkys)

I vote for that, get er done :)

Hicks
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
That works for me.

Swingman
05-22-2008, 06:11 PM
We should probably start a new vote between Donatos at Nora and having it at t1hs0n's place in Greenwood and allowing a vote for 1 or the other.

It doesn't look like the other 2 options will be catching up.

Roaming Gnome
05-22-2008, 07:06 PM

I'm sold... This sounds like it could be the best set up we have had since I've been involved.