PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Free Agent DT Eric Foster

McClintic Sphere
05-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Every year the Colt's have an undrafted free agent that makes the team and has a significant impact on the season. Last year it was Ed Johnson. According to Pro Football Weekly the Colt's really like what they see from Rutger's product Eric Foster. Only with the Colts could you have a guy who played point guard on his high school basketball team playing on their D-line:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers051708.htm

It seems almost humorous that a team as stacked as the Colts would heap such praise on an undrafted rookie, but team sources tell us the Colts are genuinely excited about what DT Eric Foster brings to the table. A third-team Associated Press All-American in 2006, the Rutgers product had a stellar collegiate career, but his small size (6-1, 273 pounds) scared off teams from drafting him. Quick, undersized tackles have a long history of thriving in coach Tony Dungy’s defense, which is predicated upon getting a strong pass rush from the front four, and Foster has a chance to be the next in line.Dude looks like he would fit right in:
mNxacipvdjQ

jeffg-body
05-18-2008, 09:31 PM
He certainly fits the role of our D-line. You can never have too much depth for positions in the trenches.

aero
05-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I look forward to seeing him in pads during the season. Lets see what this kid has to offer us.

Jonathan
05-19-2008, 10:14 AM
The Colts always have 7-8 Defensive Line Man on their roster. If Foster can come and a get to the QB; I am a huge fan! I think both him and Curtis Johnson have a legit shot at making the roster.

ABADays
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
If he's a point guard Pacers get first dibs.

PacerGuy
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Is it Eric Foster or Eric Johnson? :confused:
(The post say's both)

McClintic Sphere
05-19-2008, 05:49 PM
No, its Foster. Rhymes with roster.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/6270/68_foster_2008_0518_minicamp_041_hall_medium.jpg

Ownagedood
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Lol, good idea. :happydanc

Slick Pinkham
05-23-2008, 10:18 AM

He can probably beat Tinsley off the dribble!

;)

Gamble1
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Just by the picture he looks like he has small legs. Could be an optical illusion like my pants though.

I hope he can get more of a pass rush than anything we had the last 2/3 of the season. He does seem fast but it is going to be hard for him to get an angle on a center or guard in the NFL.

IF he could put on 20 lbs I could see him being compared to the Bears undersized DT. I can't remember his name.

BigDawg44
06-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I have seen foster around the Colts complex once or twice, he is a powerful dude.

Jonathan
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Shook the double team and stopped a touchdown. Good call out sphere good play Foster!

pizza guy
11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
That was a HUGE play by Foster. I thought for sure we were screwed on the drive.

The Colts have an affinity for finding real diamonds in the rough. Even Bob Sanders was passed on by everyone and the Colts saw the real value he had. But other guys, like our defensive captain, Gary Brackett, and Mike Hart. The list goes on, but the point is the Colts' scouts are incredibly good.

--pizza