06-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Yep , I heard that :laugh:

wallaceX2
06-10-2004, 11:55 PM
That was great. Didn't he say something like "Lakers win it, 88-68."

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:56 PM
That was great. Didn't he say something like "Lakers win it, 88-68."

yeah something like that , atleast when they came back from commercial he corrected himself :laugh:

JOneal7
06-11-2004, 12:09 AM
he also during the game said they where down like 11 and not 14, lmao...i think he's a laker fan. Notice how he sounded dissapointed when pistons made shots and everything? LOL...I think even some media is shook of the pistons winning this whole thing! hahah
THE NBA, I'M LOVING IT!
LET'S GET IT STARTED!

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 12:11 AM
What do you expect from a football announcer :laugh:

indygeezer
06-11-2004, 12:14 AM

I dunno, has he stopped refering to the Baltimore Colts?

Bball
06-11-2004, 01:35 AM

On a serious note... didn't Al Michaels come late to announcing football? I thought he was ABC's utility man (announcing whatever somebody else didn't want), then baseball, and at some point in there made his infamous call "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"...And then rose to the MNF booth some years after that. I don't remember him even doing college football back in the day tho surely he did some bowl games(?).

-Bball

tseramid
06-11-2004, 09:37 AM
I have actually always been an Al Michaels fan.

Al Michaels was a radio baseball announcer for the Reds before Marty Brenamen. He also did quite a bit for Wide World of Sports starting in '76. He also hosted ABC's baseball from then on. Of course, everyone remembers his call of the famous USA Hockey victory. Later, he joined MNF in '86. He's also covered College Football and College Basketball in his tenure with ABC.

A couple of memories stick out for me. His work at the World Series when the Earthquake hit San Francisco and his call of the Kirk Gibson's home run in the LA/Oakland series, "The impossible has happened".

Trust me, ABC could do a lot worse than Michaels...just think, Brad Nessler is their #2 play-by-play man.

Doug in CO
06-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I am just grateful to ABC that they have not let Walton on the broadcasts.

sweabs
06-11-2004, 09:50 AM
I am just grateful to ABC that they have not let Walton on the broadcasts.

Walton is so entertaining though...Walton/Tolbert broadcasts were hillarious (but yeah - they both stink).

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:39 PM
I would actually enjoy Bill Walton More than Al Michaels , Tom Tolbert is a Idiot , Don't get me going on Doc Rivers.

Snickers
06-11-2004, 03:04 PM
I've always liked Walton. Tolbert's pretty funny sometimes.

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 03:06 PM

It's Tolbert's choices in fashion that Scare me

ChicagoJ
06-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I don't care for Tolbert because he tries too hard to be cute and funny. I could live with that if his actual basketball analysis was tolerable, but it isn't, AND he's not cute or funny.

JOneal7
06-12-2004, 12:38 AM
how is he an analyst? He sucked when he played! lol...
and walton calling this series!? LOL hes sucha laker homer...he always has been...include the fact his sons on the team ,and PUKE CITY

SycamoreKen
06-12-2004, 12:43 AM
The whole ABC production seems a little off to me. They miss plays at times and don't replay enough stuff. I think the lack of regular season games has shown during the playoffs. They seem like a team with no practice.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-12-2004, 12:44 AM

It's Tolbert's choices in fashion that Scare me

Haha... did you hear Jimmy Kimmel make fun of him about that at half in game 2??? It was really funny...