PDA

View Full Version : So much for the "mighty" Lakers and the offensive-minded West

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:46 PM
68 points? MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :rotflmao: :P :finger: :dance:

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:48 PM
This is why I keep fighting ..NO TRADE RON

Shade

I think I'm on that bandwagon now. Just get what we can for Al and filler and sign Dale Davis for the MLE. :devil:

Hicks
Many have tried to lable me as a moron for saying the only reason the West looks pretty is that those teams don't play in the East, but where are they now?

My point the whole time is and was, that only a couple teams in the West play good defense (SA and HOU), and that causes all the other "powerhouses" to look awfully pretty. They have the best offensive players in the game. When you give those players tissue defenses to attack, they're gonna have the pretty numbers compared to the East.

Come East, and the top two teams in the conference play outstanding defense, NJ a step behind, and the Miami. We play D on this side of the fence. :cool:

sweabs
06-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Personally I think that playing in the West will inflate a player's offensive stats because of the lack of defense.

Hicks
06-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Personally I think that playing in the West will inflate a player's offensive stats because of the lack of defense.

Yep, that's what I meant exactly.

Unclebuck
06-11-2004, 12:36 AM
The question needs to be asked are the Pacers the second best team in the NBA and heck are the nets the third best team.

Pacers and Nets certainly played the Pistons better than the Lakers have.

Pistons have dominated the Lakers in this series.

Lakers will have a chance Sunday night, with the extra day off, they will be engerized anmd likely will play their best game, now whether that will be enough to beat the Pistons, I don't know

sweabs
06-11-2004, 12:38 AM
Although I think the Pistons will win it this year - technically the series still isn't over...so we don't even know if Pistons are the best team. But if they play the way they have in these first 3 games there is no question they are.

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 12:43 AM
The Pistons are 1 key injury away from losing it , we all seen what injuries did to us.

Game 4 will tell me if the Pistons got the juice to go all the way.

indygeezer
06-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Ahh the media spin there will be...

"were it not for the untimely injury to Karl Malone..."

It's coming, you know it is.

ABADays
06-11-2004, 07:44 AM
I thought the Pistons had a good shot at winning the title - but, think about it, this has been amazingly close to a sweep.

BillS
06-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Re: the Pacers

Number 2 in the East = garbage. Always has, even when our 97-98 tame came closer than anyone could to knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs.

We'll still be less well regarded than the Spurs, the Kings, the Nets, the Knicks (even when they suck), and, oh, about 16 of the remaining teams in the league. :mad:

Cactus Jax
06-11-2004, 05:12 PM
68 points? MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :rotflmao: :P :finger: :dance:

DAMNIT SHADE!!! Now the Lakers are going to win...you do this every time. :unimpressed:

PistonsDynasty
06-12-2004, 02:47 PM
The question needs to be asked are the Pacers the second best team in the NBA and heck are the nets the third best team.

Pacers and Nets certainly played the Pistons better than the Lakers have.

Pistons have dominated the Lakers in this series.

Lakers will have a chance Sunday night, with the extra day off, they will be engerized anmd likely will play their best game, now whether that will be enough to beat the Pistons, I don't know

The Bucks also played the Pistons harder. They even took homecourt from the Pistons in game 2.

PistonsDynasty
06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
The Pistons are 1 key injury away from losing it , we all seen what injuries did to us.

Game 4 will tell me if the Pistons got the juice to go all the way.

Say what?

If Billups gets hurt here comes Lindsey Hunter or Mike James (a starter)

If Rip goes down.........

**Pistons could move Billups to the 2 and start Mike of Lindsey

**Move Tayshaun to the 2 (Tay is already gaurding Kobe) and start Sheed at the 3 and start Memo at PF, or start Corliss at the 3.

If Tayshaun goes down Larry can start Sheed or corliss at the 3.

If Sheed goes down we can play the line-up we used for most of the season (Memo @ 4)

If Ben goes down we can start Elden or Memo.

Pistons are 2 players deep at every position.

waterjater
06-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Pistons lose Rip, Billups or Tayshawn or Ben for that matter and they, like the Pacers and Nets were with key injuries, are in big trouble.

Rip tires out key Laker defenders, Tayshawn is the only person you have that can guard Kobe and Ben...well everyone knows how disruptive he is to the other teams offense and rebounding.

waterjater
06-12-2004, 07:34 PM

No DOUBT!! Wondering if anyone is noticing that Tayshawn is shutting down one of the best offensive players to ever lace them up, Kobe. Maybe our fans should be cutting Artest some slack as, up to now, Artest actually played better against Tayshawn than Kobe is.

Water

PistonsDynasty
06-13-2004, 02:19 AM
Since you're already counting Dynasty...exactly how many chickens is that?

;)

Let's just say I'm the sole supplier of chickens to KFC.