Shade
06-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Tom Tolbert making fun of Bird's comments now. What a loser. :unimpressed:

Shade
06-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Oh God...it's Zeke.

Kstat
06-10-2004, 08:55 PM
30 minutes before gametime and Malone is gatting up in the face of a Pistons fan :laugh:

Fighting with the fans before gametime, nice composure Malone :rolleyes:

burnzone
06-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Did any of you see that ***** with Karl Malone, and that courtside fan?
I know you should be respectful to the players, but damn, if the guy just was talking trash to Malone, I don't think that should give hime the f-ing green light to go up and push the dude's face with his index finger.

The main thing that really pisses me off is, if that were Artest doing that exact same thing, they would have probably kicked him out of the game before it even started.

The NBA needs to tighten up, and quit giving different players different sets of rules to follow.

Hicks
06-10-2004, 09:04 PM
This women is singing UGLY. :puke:

Shade
06-10-2004, 09:35 PM
30 minutes before gametime and Malone is gatting up in the face of a Pistons fan :laugh:

Fighting with the fans before gametime, nice composure Malone :rolleyes:

*coughsheedcough*

:rolleyes:

Shade
06-10-2004, 09:49 PM
The Pistons are DOMINATING the Lakers right now. 29-16. :eek:

Kstat
06-10-2004, 09:52 PM
The Pistons are DOMINATING the Lakers right now. 29-16. :eek:

Was there a doubt? :D

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Pistons up 39-32 at the half. :)

If Detroit wins this thing Kstat, keep the :trophy: warm for us -- because we're taking it away next year. :devil:

Kstat
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Pistons up 39-32 at the half. :)

If Detroit wins this thing Kstat, keep the :trophy: warm for us -- because we're taking it away next year. :devil:

Hey, a year is a nice time peiod to be called NBA champions......

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Does anyone get more phantom foul calls than Kobe? :mad:

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:43 PM
The Lakers' backcourt must be considerably weaker than ours, because they can't stop Chauncey. :eek:

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:45 PM
The Lakers' backcourt must be considerably weaker than ours, because they can't stop Chauncey. :eek:

And as I type that, ABC says that the Pistons bench has outscored the Lakers' 30-9. :jawdrop:

TheSauceMaster
I think we played better D on Billups than the lakers have , too bad rip killed us.

Shade
54-40. :rotflmao:

Hicks
06-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Nothing like watching the Lakers look really, really frustrated. :D

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:47 PM
This begs the question -- could a healthy Pacers team have not only beaten the Pistons, but the Lakers as well? After all, we're practically a mirror image of Detroit defensively. :shrug:

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Nothing like watching the Lakers look really, really frustrated. :D

If/when they lose, I hope I see lots of tears -- especially from Malone and Payton. :D

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 10:48 PM
This begs the question -- could a healthy Pacers team have not only beaten the Pistons, but the Lakers as well. After all, we're practically a mirror image of Detroit defensively. :shrug:

Yes , we could have beat the Lakers ...I am 100% sure

zxc
06-10-2004, 10:53 PM
I kind of doubt we would have been able to be as successful vs LA. Pistons have alot more big guys to throw at shaq then we do. Plus we may have been about as good defensively, but Detroit seems to have so much respect from the officials for whatever reason or they just don't foul at all. LA with twice as many fouls as the team they are playing? Strange times.

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Kobe will now shoot practically every time down the floor. Just watch.

Hicks
06-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Now that was a sweet shot.

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:55 PM
60-44 :spitout:

Hicks
Hilarous watching the pressure and double teams bother Kobe into turnovers.

Shade
The Lakers are completely unraveling. I love it. :rotflmao:

Shade
06-10-2004, 10:57 PM
So much for the East being a JV league. :devil:

We're gonna win the championship next year guys -- I can feel it. The real championship will be played in the ECF between the Pacers and Pistons. :)

Kstat
06-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Well gee guys, i can see now why the medioa keeps telling me Kobe's 3 killed my team-they just looked mentally CRUSHED out there dont they? :laugh:

bulletproof
06-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Pistons are simply a better team. They should be up 3-0 after this game, on their way to a sweep. The East is officially back.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Ugh. They just mentioned the LJ four-point play. :mad: :puke:

zxc
06-10-2004, 11:00 PM
We're gonna win the championship next year guys -- I can feel it. The real championship will be played in the ECF between the Pacers and Pistons. :)

Dunno about that one. Find it hard to get excited about this. If the Pistons are really this good and they resign Sheed without a problem they are gonna be even better next year especially on offense. They have so many more scorers then we do. Pacers going to need a bigtime move to fix our backcourt issues if we are going to compete again. We both go into next season with about the same teams Pacers gonna have 0 chance.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Pacers vs. Pistons - the next big NBA rivalry

Hicks
06-10-2004, 11:02 PM
We're gonna win the championship next year guys -- I can feel it.

Dunno about that one.

Classic zxc. :unimpressed:

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:02 PM

Dunno about that one. Find it hard to get excited about this. If the Pistons are really this good and they resign Sheed without a problem they are gonna be even better next year especially on offense. They have so many more scorers then we do. Pacers going to need a bigtime move to fix our backcourt issues if we are going to compete again. We both go into next season with about the same teams Pacers gonna have 0 chance.

Detroit BARELY beat us with a severely hobbled JO and no Tinsley. On their home floor. If we add a shooter and a banger (Dale Davis?), we'll get 'em.

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Medvedenko, Cook, Walton, Fisher, and Kobe? :confused:

Guess the Lakers getting desperate to try anything out there tonight! :laugh:

:pistons: 60
:lakers: 49

beast23
06-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I think that the combination of Ben and Sheed are capable of doing a better job on Shaq than we are. That is basically why most of us thought the Pacers needed another big man.

But other than Shaq, I think we can cover everyone else as wellas the Pistons.

We certainly would have been right in it with the Lakers.

And as far as seeing Malone and Payton cry. I could care less. All I want to see from Malone is retirement. And I'd like to see Payton and Kobe decide to leave. That leaves only Shaq and I don't see him playing longer than another year or two, especially without his supporting caste.

Could you picture LA 2 or 3 years down the road without any of these 4 players?

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:04 PM
If the Pistons win the Finals , Pistons will get little to no credit whatsoever.

The media will spend the whole time talking about why the Lakers lost, not why the Pistons won.

Eastern Confrence will still get no Respect.

Mark that down :)

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:06 PM

Detroit BARELY beat us with a severely hobbled JO and no Tinsley. On their home floor. If we add a shooter and a banger (Dale Davis?), we'll get 'em.

Also, bear in mind that our bench OWNED Detroit's for the series. Detroit may have to part with Okur to keep Sheed as well, whihc makes it even more difficult for them if they stand pat.

If we stay healthy, add a good shooter at the 2 with Reg moving to the bench, and a banger inside I love our chances.

Hicks
Hunter just watched Fisher hit a layup. :irked:

BostonConnection
End of the 3rd:

:pistons: 63
:lakers: 51

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:07 PM
63-51 after 3. :)

zxc
06-10-2004, 11:07 PM

Well I would hope so. But the pistons are gonna have championship experience now going for them plus the respect from refs that comes with it(as if they don't get enough already). Expect Prince and Hamilton to have real breakout seasons after playing great in the playoffs. A full season of Sheed etc, etc. Not trying to be negative here, just saying we better make those moves you speak of or next year is gonna be.. :(

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:08 PM

Well I would hope so. But the pistons are gonna have championship experience now going for them plus the respect from refs that comes with it(as if they don't get enough already). Expect Prince and Hamilton to have real breakout seasons after playing great in the playoffs. A full season of Sheed etc, etc. Not trying to be negative here, just saying we better make those moves you speak of or next year is gonna be.. :(

But they'll also likely be less hungry if they get the rings this year. ;)

And, yeah, we need to make the changes or we won't beat 'em. That's pretty obvious. :)

Hicks
06-10-2004, 11:09 PM

Sometimes I think we could resurrect Wilt Chamberlain, de-age him to about 26 years old, sign him to a 7 year contract for the vet. minimum, and you'd still have a check-list of reasons for why we wouldn't win the title.

JOneal7
06-10-2004, 11:11 PM
watch out...it's the 4th quarter and KOBE TIME, lol...watch the announcers be all over his nuts if he makes a few plays.KOBE BRINGING THE LAKERS BACK...I think detroit holds on they win this series. They lose...stick a fork in em, there done!

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Sometimes I think we could resurrect Wilt Chamberlain, de-age him to about 26 years old, sign him to a 7 year contract for the vet. minimum, and you'd still have a check-list of reasons we wouldn't win the title.

Well, see Wilt would be busy in court handling all his paternity cases so .... ;)

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Yet another phantom foul for Kobe.

zxc
06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Sometimes I think we could resurrect Wilt Chamberlain, de-age him to about 26 years old, sign him to a 7 year contract for the vet. minimum, and you'd still have a check-list of reasons for why we wouldn't win the title.

Can't see why you get so defensive over anything remotely negative being said. I've never said anything that over the top. All I'm saying is I really hope some big moves are ahead this offseason like everyone else is hoping for here, since our team as is not gonna have much of a chance against this piston team next year. In my opinion anyway.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I can't freakin' believe that the Pistons are geting the calls over the Lakers. That's why the Lakers are losing this game, and this series. I never thought I'd see the day.

Looks like Detroit is the NBA's new darling. :shrug:

Hicks
To this mini-run I say: Tee hee. :D

Shade
70-51. :spitout: :rotflmao:

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Even if the Pistons win they still lose the Media will give more coverage on why LA lost than why Detriot won

zxc
06-10-2004, 11:17 PM
I can't freakin' believe that the Pistons are geting the calls voer the Lakers. That's why the Lakers are losing this game, and this series. I neer thought I'd see the day.

25 fouls to 11? Yikes. Guess they are.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:18 PM
I can't freakin' believe that the Pistons are geting the calls voer the Lakers. That's why the Lakers are losing this game, and this series. I neer thought I'd see the day.

25 fouls to 11? Yikes. Guess they are.

I guess the league is FINALLY sick of the Lakers. :laugh:

Hicks
06-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Weak foul call for Kobe.

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:19 PM
I always wondered when Thomas was Pacers coach why he never tried to sign Lindsey Hunter to play as a backup guard. Hunter seems like the kind of veteran guard who would be valuable on a young team, and Thomas and Hunter were former Pistons teammates. :hmm:

:pistons: 72
:lakers: 52

zxc
06-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Even if the Pistons win they still lose the Media will give more coverage on why LA lost than why Detriot won

I don't think so. I think the league and even the media really does want a champion from the east. All the east bashing has to be bad for the image of the league probably. Pistons looking so dominating sure the hype machine is gonna be beginning in full effect after this one.

Hicks
Can't see why you get so defensive over anything remotely negative being said. I've never said anything that over the top. All I'm saying is I really hope some big moves are ahead this offseason like everyone else is hoping for here, since our team as is not gonna have much of a chance against this piston team next year. In my opinion anyway.

It wasn't that I was feeling defensive, it's that you are chronically pessimistic about this team, either by doubting our ability, or holding our enemies up on a pedestal.

Shade
So...were the Nets better than the Pacers, since they pushed the Pistons to 7 games? Were the Pacers better than the Lakers? :shrug:

Kstat
06-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Hunter and Campbell are the kind of players that are in the twilight of their careers, and they look AWFUL in the regular season, but in the playoffs they get that old fire back, and they both have finals experience. They're guys that pay off in the postseason.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Kobe is riding Hunter so hard he should have to buy his girlfriend another ring. :eek:

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Hunter and Campbell are the kind of players that are in the twilight of their careers, and they look AWFUL in the regular season, but in the playoffs they get that old fire back, and they both have finals experience. They're guys that pay off in the postseason.

And they're both former Lakers. ;)

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:24 PM

Kstat, was there ever any friction between Thomas and Hunter? I mean, Isiah brought in lots of old Pistons cronies (Brendan Malone, Mark Aguirre, that Pistons backup center whose name escapes me at the moment, etc.), perhaps he didn't want to have Hunter around?

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Kobe is riding Hunter so hard he should have to buy his girlfriend another ring. :eek:

:lolchair:

(though I think you mean his wife!) :D

bulletproof
06-10-2004, 11:26 PM
So...were the Nets better than the Pacers, since they pushed the Pistons to 7 games? Were the Pacers better than the Lakers? :shrug:

Some teams simply match up better than others. We're missing something. We wouldn't be humiliating the Lakers like the Pistons are tonight. That said, I think the Pacers are probably one of the top 4 teams in the league. Possibly top 2 or 3.

I think the sun is about to set on the so-called Lakers dynasty.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:27 PM

:lolchair:

(though I think you mean his wife!) :D

Oops. :blush:

Hicks
06-10-2004, 11:30 PM
This is very fun to watch.

Kstat
06-10-2004, 11:33 PM
I dont recall Hunter having any problems with Zeke in the 1 year they played together. I just dont think Indy had the chance to aquire him.

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:33 PM

not really but if you say so :cool:

Kstat
06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
A common question around this forum was "The Pistons are beating LA without Rip, what happens when he plays well?""

Well, rip is PLAYING WELL tonight and, uh-oh.....

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:41 PM
A Darko sighting! :eek:

:pistons: 84
:lakers: 67

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Oh god the Human Victory Cigar is in the Game

Hicks
06-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Good God. Never thought I'd see Darko play in this series.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:42 PM
On the flip side for Detroit, Okur has been an absolute dud.

Shade
06-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Good God. Never thought I'd see Darko play in this series.

YES!!!!! :devil: :laugh:

BostonConnection
06-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Final Score:

:pistons: 88
:lakers: 68

Hicks
THEY HELD THEM UNDER 70. HA HA HA HA HAAA!

Shade
Lakers held under 70. :spitout: :rotflmao:

Okur almost blew it, though. :mad:

88-68 final

Kstat
06-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Tomorrow's headline will read:

How Will the Pistons rebound from only winning by 20?

Hicks
06-10-2004, 11:49 PM
The only thing the Pistons need to worry about now is having a letdown while LA tries to destroy them as payback. If they can avoid that, they're in good shape.

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Lakers win Next game ;)

joro
06-10-2004, 11:55 PM
the Human Victory Cigar is in the Game

And just think. Detroit passed up CARMELLO ANTHONY to take DARKO! Can you imagine how tough they'd be with CARMELO ANTHONY!?!?!?!? :o :o :o :o

Suaveness
06-11-2004, 12:01 AM

You bet it is. I love seeing the Lakers suck. Makes me feel happy.

Hicks
06-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Wow. Phil Jackson just mentioned the FT discrepancy and DIDN'T ***** about it, rather saying it was a sign that they weren't the aggressors! :o Talk about being humbled.

JOneal7
06-11-2004, 12:06 AM
ahhhhhh the joy! to bad i'm banned from most laker sites! LMAO....then i'd be able to see these fools crying and complaining...LMAO
I remember a post on this one board after they had the wolves down 3-2. in big bold letters....
"YOU GOT TO GIVE KOBE HIS PROPS, HE'S GOING TO GET HIS 4TH RING"
and it said...AND He's only 26! (or something like that don't remember, lol) He's not even in his prime yet! lol...suggesting just how good he is and how unstoppable the lakers are. lmao...This is sweet...

Shade
06-11-2004, 12:09 AM
ahhhhhh the joy! to bad i'm banned from most laker sites! LMAO....then i'd be able to see these fools crying and complaining...LMAO
I remember a post on this one board after they had the wolves down 3-2. in big bold letters....
"YOU GOT TO GIVE KOBE HIS PROPS, HE'S GOING TO GET HIS 4TH RING"
and it said...AND He's only 26! (or something like that don't remember, lol) He's not even in his prime yet! lol...suggesting just how good he is and how unstoppable the lakers are. lmao...This is sweet...

Yeah, it's freakin' hilarious how the Lakers fans are *****ing and moaning about the refs. Whenever someone says "Why would Stern want the Lakers to lose?" in response, the question NEVER gets addressed. :laugh: