PDA

View Full Version : Josh Pace to work out for Pacers

kester99
05-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Didn't see this posted yet, so:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3639499

PIKEVILLE, KY. - Before he works out with the Golden State Warriors in early-June, former East Kentucky Miner Josh Pace will work out for two other NBA teams. The Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers have both shown great interest in Pace, one of minor league basketball's top players following his debut season with the East Kentucky Miners. Pace is scheduled to work out for the Heat May 14-16. The CBA All-Star is scheduled to work out for the Pacers May 19....(more)

An off-guard/small forward out of Syracuse, he was described back then as not having great range...10-ft and in, but he's been averaging 23 pts in the CBA.

The name fits anyway.

Putnam
05-13-2008, 07:53 AM
The name fits anyway.

Yeah. That would be kinda cool to have a player named Pace.

He's not going to be "the answer" to any of our propblems, but it would be nice to invite him to camp.

Major Cold
05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
It really looks like Rush is not getting a second chance.

NuffSaid
05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
It really looks like Rush is not getting a second chance.
Nope, and I really didn't expect he would. He really wasn't the "light-out" type of shooter anyone expected him to be. I think injuries were a part of that, but he fought through it and tried hard. Nonetheless, when you have a talent like Stephen Graham over there waiting in the wings who clearly has more of an upside to him than Rush, you can't ignore such an up-and-coming talent like that.

Dr. Goldfoot
05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
If they're gonna start mining the CBA for 6-4 shooting guards why not go with a guy who averaged more points a game, more rebounds a game and went to a local college?

Speed
05-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Or just watch an old tape of Fred Jones driving to his right, shouldn't be hard to find.

travmil
05-13-2008, 11:07 AM
If they're gonna start mining the CBA for 6-4 shooting guards why not go with a guy who averaged more points a game, more rebounds a game and went to a local college?

Because despite what everyone here think he'll be long gone by the time the Pacers pick.

kester99
05-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I can't even pretend to know what's in Management's mind here...I know they've said they're looking at point and big man positions. So here's another 2/3 candidate.

As far as Rush goes, I'm not against keeping him by any means. There were games this year when he was the answer. And Graham has good defensive skills, as does Pace, supposedly.

But where are the point and big candidates...I'd get Earl Calloway from the Mad Ants and anybody else I could think of into camp before I worried about the SGs and SFs.

We can only wait and see, though. Pray. Cross fingers.

Coop
05-13-2008, 04:32 PM
The only person I would think about adding from the NBDL is Calloway. Only because he's a Hoosier. Other than that, I don't care about any other players because none of them will help us.

CableKC
05-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Assuming that nothing changes ( which IMHO is entirely possible despite what TPTB says ), looking at the current salary cap situation along....I think that we are going to be looking at another season of minor offseason acquisitions for players that will be 8th to 14th rotational players.

Unless there is some major trade involving some of our huge contracts ( which I think is near impossible ), then I can see another Stephen Graham....Diener and Rush type signing. Nothing outstanding that will make a significant impact.

Indianapolis_girly
05-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I`d love to get a guy that went to IU.

I miss Roderick Wilmont, I liked him. :(

Ownagedood
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I`d love to get a guy that went to IU.

I miss Roderick Wilmont, I liked him. :(

It's kinda cool.. Wilmont and Calloway are on the same team, in Ft. Wayne. And Calloway is actually sorta dominating there..

LG33
05-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Stand Pat again you say KC?
Naptime, you know what to do.

CableKC
05-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Stand Pat again you say KC?
Naptime, you know what to do.
I wasn't saying that I wanted to "Stand Pat", I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if we did. I've come to realize.....oddly enough from reading many of Seth's posts....that we shouldn't expect wide-sweeping moves in one fell swoop that will wipe away the remnants of this team....I expect it to be a slow and painful set of moves that occurs at a snail's rate over the next 2-3 seasons. The reality is that our salary-cap and financial situation sucks and I don't see us making any significant moves in the near future due to those restrictions.

I may want Tinsley, Murphy, Dunleavy or even JONeal traded.....but that doesn't mean that I expect that it's going to happen with the wave of a magic wand.

I'm guessing the most change this offseason that we will see if Marquis and Ike being shopped....anything outside of that ( for example, trading Tinsley ) would be a surprise for me.....only cuz such a feet as moving Tinsley would be miraculous.

BTW....just because JO'B doesn't see Tinsley as part of our future doesn't mean that he's going to be moved anytime soon. This is something that many of us have wanted for a few seasons now....but has he been moved? Nope.....why? Cuz it's near impossible to move a injury prone PG that is owed $21 mil over the next 3 years.

idioteque
05-13-2008, 07:09 PM
In an already wing-laden team that needs a lot of improvement and a real talent infusion, I think the last thing we really need is another combo G/F from the CBA.

Now if this guy was the best big or the best PG in the CBA I'd at least raise my eyebrow. But he's just another combo player like Williams/Granger/Dunleavy/Graham/Daniels. Yep, that's about half our team.

Major Cold
05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
A 5th 2/3 is common on a 15 man squad. If he is inactive the entire year, it may be depth that we need if we make a move by the trade deadline.

tdubb03
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
I thought Zeke destroyed the CBA?

Dr. Goldfoot
05-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Because despite what everyone here think he'll be long gone by the time the Pacers pick.

Dammit! All day long people think I was pushing for Eric Gordon. I really meant another 6-4 shooting guard who averaged more PPG and RPG and went to a local college but played in the CBA........Odell Bradley of IUPUI. Hence the "if they're gonna start mining the CBA" part of my OP.

kester99
05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I was pretty sure you didn't mean Gordon, Dr G....just didn't know who you were talking about.

mb221
05-14-2008, 12:34 AM
It's kinda cool.. Wilmont and Calloway are on the same team, in Ft. Wayne. And Calloway is actually sorta dominating there..

Calloway has to get a shot in the NBA at some point. He's got a stroke and solid ballhandling, plus speed for days. Unfortunately for Hot Rod, I just don't see him latching on anywhere. I actually went to the last Mad Ants game this season and Wilmont got hardly any playing time and looked to have little to no confidence.

CableKC
05-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Calloway has to get a shot in the NBA at some point. He's got a stroke and solid ballhandling, plus speed for days. Unfortunately for Hot Rod, I just don't see him latching on anywhere. I actually went to the last Mad Ants game this season and Wilmont got hardly any playing time and looked to have little to no confidence.
You would think that we would give Calloway a chance in Training Camp to see if he can at least make the team as a 3rd PG option on the team.

count55
05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
While I still think that Tinsley will be moved at all costs, I also expect a lot of low-grade signings and moves like this one and the Graham one. As Cable mentioned we're tax-strapped, so we're going to need to have three or four guys at or around the league minimum to fill out the roster.

Again, I expect at least one major move (JO or, preferrably, Tinsley), but then several Diener-type moves as well.