Hicks
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Indiana trades:
Al Harrington

Memphis trades:
Mike Miller
Jake Tsakalidis

Add filler to match salaries.

Simple trade, gives us a great shooter who can play either SG or SF, and Jake gives us another big body (7-2 290) to beef up the frountcourt.

Starters:

Tinsley
Miller (pick one)
Artest
O'Neal
Foster

Main Backups:
Miller, AJ, Bender, Fred, [Tsakalidis or Cro depending on matchups]

The Rest:
Pollard, Primoz, Brewer

Pig Nash
06-10-2004, 04:26 PM
I like it but i don't think Memphis will do it.

Snickers
06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Hmm.... I dunno how much Memphis really needs Al, with a bunch of forwards already on the roster. I'd love to get Mike Miller though, and Jake would beef up the backup 5 position.

I'd do it, but I don't think the GrizZ would. [they're my second favourite team, and yes, I meant GrizZ, not Grizz. :D]

Pig Nash
06-10-2004, 04:30 PM
They are my second favorite team too. I like about everyone on their roster. and why about the second Z?

Slick Pinkham
06-10-2004, 04:30 PM
I like Mike Miller, a lot, especially on offense. I know he can defend 3's and many 2's, at 6'8" I'd have to look carefully to see how he defends GOOD 2's.

But...Memphis has a ton of forwards and would seem to have very little use for Al.

Big Jake has some promise before he was beset by injuries. I'm not sure he's better than Pollard. He might be below Brezac, actually.

Snickers
06-10-2004, 04:37 PM
They are my second favorite team too. I like about everyone on their roster. and why about the second Z?

I have some friends in Tennessee, and they all spell it that way. Colloquialism, I suppose. :D

I like pretty much their entire team too. Bonzi was a punk in Portland, but he's been pretty well-behaved overall in Memphis. Williams, Miller, Battier, Gasol, Wright, Watson, Swift.... I'd take any of them on the Pacers in a heartbeat.

Hicks
06-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah I thought Memphis had a lot of forwards, but I also figured they'd be trading some of the ones they have for other pieces, and Al can take those players' place. :)

Slick Pinkham
06-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Memphis is PLANNING on making some trades, that's for sure.

I've heard both Jerry West and Hubie mention that they have more depth than they can possibly use (10+ solid players) and they would very much like to do a 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 where they wind up with the best player but give up 2 or 3 good ones.

Few teams would trade quality for quantity unless they have no bench.

Unclebuck
06-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Well Hicks, this is less wacky then your first two.

Interesting

Slick Pinkham
06-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Memphis should get involved in the McGrady sweepstakes. They can off some very solid players and they have a very odd mix including 4 good swingmen and 4 power forwards that range from excellent to very useful.

swingmen: Battier, Posey, Wells, Miller all 68 except for Wells, and all 210-230.

Power forward glut: Gasol, Wright, Swift, Bo Outlaw.

an odd mix but a lot of talent there.

I just don't see a good mix for a trade with the Pacers. Orlando giving up TMac for Gasol, Miller, and Battier would be appealing for both sides, I'd think.