Mal
OnlyPacersLeft
Pacers_Girl
SoupIsGood
Unclebuck
Will Galen

Trader Joe
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I'll give it to DD. He doesn't drink the kool-aid he bongs it.

Robertmto
05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
aww hell idk

bellisimo
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
i'll go with New Guy

Indianapolis_girly
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
awhh I'm on there :)
I`m happy just to be nominated for something.

thanks, Mal!

Hicks
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
awhh I'm on there :)
I`m happy just to be nominated for something.

thanks, Mal!

Thank the voters; they are the ones who pick the nominees. :)

Indianapolis_girly
05-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Thank the voters; they are the ones who pick the nominees. :)
OH. Haha, sorry. I`m still sorta new to this place. I gotta post around here more I`m afraid. and I will, don`t worry. :D

idioteque
05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
OnlyPacersLeft is the Kool-Aid man himself.

OHHHYEAAAH

Will Galen
05-12-2008, 05:38 PM
IndyGeezer (giggle,giggle,snort)

Trader Joe
05-12-2008, 06:14 PM
OnlyPacersLeft is the Kool-Aid man himself.

OHHHYEAAAH

You guys voting for him obviously haven't read one of his rants in a game thread when things are going badly...

Ownagedood
05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
This one is too hard.. So I just stuck to a fellow counter.. DD

Lord Helmet
05-12-2008, 06:32 PM
You guys voting for him obviously haven't read one of his rants in a game thread when things are going badly...
He's the most bi-polar poster of the year......:laugh:

I had to go with Mal on this one, before the year even started he swore to me he'd make the best of this year regardless of what happens, and I think he did. He even got season tickets this year.

But thanks to whoever nominated me, I tried to be positive as much as I could this year, even though it was hard sometimes.

Anthem
05-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow, I didn't even realize I'd been nominated.

I'm a little confused that people would think I'm a sunshiner, considering how few games I thought we'd win.

But I'm honored, I guess.

Major Cold
05-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I really like DD's attitude, but I have to go with Mal.

He truly puts a pragmatic positive spin on many topics.

Naptown_Seth
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Debating with Mal got me the darksider nom I think, that's just how sunshiner he is. Look at his preseason predictions for example. All year I've tried to convince him that he had unreasonable faith in the team and he only somewhat let up down the stretch when the final results became inevitable.

Of the positive people he's the top, for better and worse. ;)

Hicks
05-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Much like you darksiders, I consider myself a realist. What puts me on the side of the light and you in shadows, sir, is how we approach the reality that we see in front of us. :meditate:

Unclebuck
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Shocked I was nominated for this and even more shocked that I am getting some votes.

Bball
05-13-2008, 01:31 PM
It's hard for me to pick a more worthy sunshiner than OnlyPacersLeft.

Mal wanted to be a sunshiner but reality came crashing down leaving him worn out and worn down far too soon.

UncleBuck??? UB's no sunshiner. He may stick with the team through thick and thin but he's not able to overlook problems to find the sunshine in any situation.

Anthem? He might end up the last JO supporter in the world but I don't see him needing shades any time soon.

Duke? Interesting choice but Duke seems more "up with life" and generally cheerful... but he has only shown glimpses of being true Sunshiner when it comes to the team.

Pacergirl needs to post more for consideration.

Indianapolis_girly is another that just doesn't seem to be able to find the sunshine just around every cloud enough and also try and point it out to others to the degree that would get my vote.

Soup and Will Galen don't cut it either. Will might prefer happy talk from the local press but he's accepted his share of reality... and Soup hasn't carried the sunshine flag proudly enough for my vote either.

OnlyPacersLeft was right there everyday explaining our playoff chances and finding scenarios until the end that would've had the team in the playoffs. I don't recall OPL ever arguing with anyone over his positions regardless of any ridicule that might've been directed his way as he cheered and rooted for the team and refused to 'not believe' until the magic number was exhausted.

He didn't sit quietly with his fingers crossed. He valiantly posted his hopes and predictions for the team. Every game wasn't another opportunity to move up in the draft order for him, it was an opportunity to see the Pacers begin the win streak that would carry them into the playoffs.

And he wasn't predicting a playoff flameout either. He had high hopes of knocking out whichever team it would be that we'd face.

OnlyPacersLeft gets my vote as Sunshiner of the Year.

duke dynamite
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Shocked I was nominated for this and even more shocked that I am getting some votes.
Likewise for myself as well.

I am always in the game threads and not only that but being a blind optimist year after year.

Thanks for the nominations and the votes!

indygeezer
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
What the Heck??????????????

ajbry
05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Being the Sunshiner of the Year following a losing team in the East isn't just being optimistic, it's being delusional IMO.

grace
05-13-2008, 05:38 PM
If a banned poster isn't eligible for an award should a poster who changed his name in the middle of the voting still be eligible?

I'm just sayin'...

Doddage
05-13-2008, 06:16 PM
seriously... who's the one that kept rooting on our playoff chances when they were clearly grim? OPL takes this one, imo.

Gyron
05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't say The joker is a sunshiner, at least in the movie he's not, or at least he doesn't appear to be......

"Why so serious?"

Will Galen
05-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Being the Sunshiner of the Year following a losing team in the East isn't just being optimistic, it's being delusional IMO.

It's way better than posts that spew vile and hate like some do when the Pacers lose. Which means Sunshiner's don't take the Tums some do, plus we're happier than most.

duke dynamite
05-14-2008, 12:58 AM
seriously... who's the one that kept rooting on our playoff chances when they were clearly grim? OPL takes this one, imo.
Hello, I'm here too!

I caught so much crap not only here but at my other place of Pacers' discussion for being a blind optimist about our playoff chances.

SoupIsGood
05-14-2008, 01:25 AM
OPL was a sunshiner? I must have read the wrong threads (granted, most my memory of OPL comes from game threads).

I_G seemed pretty sunshiney, but I'm not familiar enough w/ her posting. I sense a strong run at this award is in the offing for her next year.

Anthem and UB strike me more as neutral/realistic.

I'm only familiar with DD from TCT.

Is Geez a sunshiner??

I think PG and I got noms here based exclusively on past efforts.

LH is pretty optimistic, I would say. Will too. I remember that Mal made the commitment to see things through a slightly more rose-colored lens early in the season... I think I'll give him a vote for that, since I really respect that choice.

Major Cold
05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't say The joker is a sunshiner, at least in the movie he's not, or at least he doesn't appear to be......

"Why so serious?"

Joker is not on the ballot:-p. He should be though.

Hicks
05-14-2008, 11:12 AM
I can't vote for the others; I don't think any of them was as much of a sunshiner as me. But I won't vote for myself (tacky). Oh well.

Naptown_Seth
05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I can't vote for the others; I don't think any of them was as much of a sunshiner as me. But I won't vote for myself (tacky). Oh well.
Your morals sicken me, you are a wimpy loser. *

Much like you darksiders, I consider myself a realist. What puts me on the side of the light and you in shadows, sir, is how we approach the reality that we see in front of us. :meditate:
Hmm. Well I approached it by predicting about the correct amount of wins on the year. Not sure I understand your approach to reality, other than a total detachment from it. **

Joker is not on the ballot:-p. He should be though.
No, OPL is on there if you look closer. Pyscho nutjob with a penchant for massive mood swings and being totally unreasonable? Check. **
But maybe that's just how it comes across to me. ;)

* Has this offended you? If not reread it till it does, then keep me in mind in 2009 for Most Offensive Poster. I need all the votes I can get because whomever said OPL is a Sunshiner offended the crap out of me and looks to be strong competition.

** come on already, that's a little offensive

Trader Joe
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm still in shock that OPL isn't up like 50-0 in the most fanatical voting.

Robertmto
05-15-2008, 02:11 AM
I voted for UB so its a tie!!

indygeezer
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Am I a Sunshiner? Yeah, really I am. Just before each season I am very down on them (of late) because I can see only what they are lacking and cannot fathom how what they have can fit together. Then along comes the start of the season and I am refreshed and rarin' to go. Then the off-court BS starts and I get all suicidal, but not with the team...the individuals. This is and always will be MY team and I am a fan(atic). But they can also bring out the schizo side of me and push me towards the darkside. Again with the players....never the team.

Twes
05-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Being a sunshiner for the Pacers has got to be rock bottom.

A step below the Iraqi foreign minister (war time) position.

http://re3.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/25/m8/4114917521 (http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geunrXYCxIT0QBzRJvCqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTBvMmFkM29 rBHBndANhdl9pbWdfcmVzdWx0BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=11n9d8qgv/EXP=1210954327/**http%3a//www.hitjokes.com/pics/Humour)

Is it true that that guy is selling steel siding in LA now?

Ok, I made that up.

Kegboy
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
plus we're happier than most.

Really? I'd think you'd be more disappointed and depressed.

Mourning
05-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Mal wanted to be a sunshiner but reality came crashing down leaving him worn out and worn down far too soon.

UncleBuck??? UB's no sunshiner. He may stick with the team through thick and thin but he's not able to overlook problems to find the sunshine in any situation.

Anthem? He might end up the last JO supporter in the world but I don't see him needing shades any time soon.

Duke? Interesting choice but Duke seems more "up with life" and generally cheerful... but he has only shown glimpses of being true Sunshiner when it comes to the team.

Indianapolis_girly is another that just doesn't seem to be able to find the sunshine just around every cloud enough and also try and point it out to others to the degree that would get my vote.

Soup and Will Galen don't cut it either. Will might prefer happy talk from the local press but he's accepted his share of reality... and Soup hasn't carried the sunshine flag proudly enough for my vote either.

OnlyPacersLeft was right there everyday explaining our playoff chances and finding scenarios until the end that would've had the team in the playoffs. I don't recall OPL ever arguing with anyone over his positions regardless of any ridicule that might've been directed his way as he cheered and rooted for the team and refused to 'not believe' until the magic number was exhausted.

He didn't sit quietly with his fingers crossed. He valiantly posted his hopes and predictions for the team. Every game wasn't another opportunity to move up in the draft order for him, it was an opportunity to see the Pacers begin the win streak that would carry them into the playoffs.

And he wasn't predicting a playoff flameout either. He had high hopes of knocking out whichever team it would be that we'd face.

:ding: Thanks bud, you just posted for me :D

Will Galen
05-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Really? I'd think you'd be more disappointed and depressed.

I don't make it seem like life or death like some of the youngsters do.

N8R
05-16-2008, 09:32 AM
I just think everyone nominated should share the prize

Major Cold
05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
N8er you can't get on the ballot with that brown noising. Nominations are already in.

duke dynamite
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Glimpses? I'm always a blind optimist here.

maragin
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I have to vote for Hicks here, as I found myself disagreeing with his optimistic POV most of the year.

:D

Trader Joe
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Glimpses? I'm always a blind optimist here.

You campaign too much.

Hicks
05-16-2008, 07:35 PM
We have a tie!! Between Unclebuck and yours truly.

Sure, I could name us Co-Sunshiners of the Year. I could do that.

Or I could be an American. I can do what I have patriotically done for many years now: NO TIES!!!

;)

Seriously though, I always have a "vote off" in these instances. A new poll, same time as the first poll, but only the tied members on the ballot.

I will have this decision-maker posted along with the next 3 votes on Monday.

grace
05-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Forget the run off...just name yourselves couple of the year.

N8R
05-16-2008, 10:13 PM
If he did that they would be in a three way tie for couple of the year with JayRedd/LG and myself/rcarey.

Two ties and two vote offs. This is madness. It would be nice to see all the members voting for these awards.

duke dynamite
05-17-2008, 02:01 AM
You campaign too much.
So? Why not?

Robertmto
05-17-2008, 12:55 PM
You campaign too much.

x2

OPL's gonna get ya!!!

Lord Helmet
05-17-2008, 01:06 PM

Am I really that unnoticed? You name everyone nominated but me.....

imawhat
05-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Why wasn't able nominated?

indygeezer
05-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Am I really that unnoticed? You name everyone nominated but me.....

Uh...me neither.

Lord Helmet
05-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Uh...me neither.
:(

duke dynamite
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Still is a good feeling to be runner-ups to just two admins.

Congrats everyone!