PDA

View Full Version : Would you do Granger for D. Rose straight up?

Trader Joe
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Forget what the team holding the pick for Rose would do. This is just about how Pacer fans value Danny. Some seem to think that many on here would not do this. I would do it in a heartbeat. Remember this is merely an assessment of what you think of Granger's value leave everything else at the door.

Trader Joe
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Obviously the poll should say straight up.

croz24
05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
the better poll would be for bayless or mayo straight up...and then looking back at this poll 2-3yrs down the road to see if opinions have changed...

JayRedd
05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Financially and talent-wise it's a no-brainer.

Trader Joe
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
the better poll would be for bayless or mayo straight up...and then looking back at this poll 2-3yrs down the road to see if opinions have changed...

Agreed. However Rajah Brown stated this deal in another thread. Maybe I can do one every couple days based off of the top ten or so project players in this draft.

croz24
05-12-2008, 02:38 PM
there's really only 4 players however that the pacers should consider trading granger for...randolph, imo, has some of the best potential in the draft, but even i would only consider taking rose, beasley, mayo, or bayless for granger...

Trader Joe
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I revised this thread to make it more comprehensive. Admins can close this one if they like.

Speed
05-12-2008, 02:48 PM
I'll say it here too, I'd want to completely blow it up and get all young guys and let them grow together, if you do this.

maragin
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I'd trade the Indy 500 for Rose.

To be fair, I'd trade Nascar for expired Twizzlers.

Kegboy
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Actually, can I change my vote? I thought the poll was "Would you trade Granger for D. Rose straight up".

I would trade Danny for Rose, I wouldn't do him for anybody.

Ownagedood
05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Love Danny but there is no freakin way I turn it down if the team that got him was somehow interested..

JayRedd
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Further proving my theory that rcarey is Canadian.

Robertmto
05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Actually, can I change my vote? I thought the poll was "Would you trade Granger for D. Rose straight up".

I would trade Danny for Rose, I wouldn't do him for anybody.

not even DERRICK ROSE???? :eek:

Hicks
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
If this offer was made, you'd have to take it.

Will Galen
05-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Remember this is merely an assessment of what you think of Granger's value leave everything else at the door.

It's not only Danny's perceived value involved. You could think Danny will be an NBA first teamer, but you would still trade him for Rose if you think Rose will just be a sometimes all star. The reason being Rose plays a more important position, and we have Dun.

idioteque
05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Absolutely yes. Then you put Dun at the 3 and try to find a true SG somewhere.

DgR
05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
DG is the perfect complementary player, but he's not a guy to build around imo. He reminds me a lot of Ray Allen, character-wise. I would deffinitely take a calculated risk in Rose becoming a Franchise player for Indy.

MyFavMartin
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
No way this happens in a million years.

DG is good, but Rose is a better talent at his position, which is also one of the two most important positions in bball (PG and C).

BlueNGold
05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
DG is my favorite Pacer and I would trade him and another good piece to land Rose...who is bound to be a tremendous PG. He will fit very nicely on Miami.

BTW, he represents a strong case why tanking would have been the right choice. Riley knows best...

Anthem
05-12-2008, 06:47 PM
No way this happens in a million years.
Which everybody knows. The poll is to refute the idea that Pacer fans are so enamored with DG that they wouldn't trade for Rose.

The numbers are pretty conclusive.

Anthem
05-12-2008, 06:48 PM
BTW, he represents a strong case why tanking would have been the right choice. Riley knows best...
You say now. We'll see if it actually plays out that way.

EDIT: I remember when the Bulls had the #2 and #4 and I thought "We'd better win soon, because in a couple of years those guys will be a force and we'll never be able to match them."

Ha.

MyFavMartin
05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Which everybody knows. The poll is to refute the idea that Pacer fans are so enamored with DG that they wouldn't trade for Rose.

The numbers are pretty conclusive.

I know.

It's nice validation that this board isn't that stupid.

The Indystar mb, on the other hand, is why I'm here.

BlueNGold
05-12-2008, 08:33 PM
You say now. We'll see if it actually plays out that way.

EDIT: I remember when the Bulls had the #2 and #4 and I thought "We'd better win soon, because in a couple of years those guys will be a force and we'll never be able to match them."

Ha.

Yes, it is a roll of the dice...but I would prefer to be in Miami's position at the present time.

Miami won a championship after stinking and later drafting DWade at #5. Now they have a better chance than anyone of getting Rose after sitting all their real players. Boston (arguably the best team in the league right now) is looking awfully good after trading in their young draft talent for vets. Yes they stunk for quite awhile, but they have their share of NBA championships compared to our record. Cleveland picked Bron at #1 and is in the playoffs only because he's on the team. Atlanta is completely a product of the draft. The lowly Hawks are looking pretty good right now taking Boston to task and they have a bright future. Orlando got superman at #1...and is also in the playoffs. New Orleans is also a product with Chris Paul picked at #4. IMO, they are a true contender too. Duncan was a #1 pick. Almost all the teams that are real contenders in the playoffs have high picks leading them. Somehow LA stole Gasol and Kobe, but good luck getting players of that calibre for spare parts.

The point is, if you really, truly want a championship team, you need great talent...not just good...and it is easier to get that by tanking. You can have a really good team manufactured by trades, but you need to make a number of very good moves. I simply think the odds are greater to win it all and apparently so does Pat Riley.

Anthem
05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes, it is a roll of the dice...but I would prefer to be in Miami's position at the present time.

Miami won a championship after stinking and later drafting DWade at #5. Now they have a better chance than anyone of getting Rose after sitting all their real players. Boston (arguably the best team in the league right now) is looking awfully good after trading in their young draft talent for vets. Yes they stunk for quite awhile, but they have their share of NBA championships compared to our record. Cleveland picked Bron at #1 and is in the playoffs only because he's on the team. Atlanta is completely a product of the draft. The lowly Hawks are looking pretty good right now taking Boston to task and they have a bright future. Orlando got superman at #1...and is also in the playoffs. New Orleans is also a product with Chris Paul picked at #4. IMO, they are a true contender too. Duncan was a #1 pick. Almost all the teams that are real contenders in the playoffs have high picks leading them. Somehow LA stole Gasol and Kobe, but good luck getting players of that calibre for spare parts.

The point is, if you really, truly want a championship team, you need great talent...not just good...and it is easier to get that by tanking. You can have a really good team manufactured by trades, but you need to make a number of very good moves. I simply think the odds are greater to win it all and apparently so does Pat Riley.
But teaching your players to lose is a dangerous thing. It might lead to a great postseason run, but it's statistically much more likely to lead to another year of suckitude.

Naptown_Seth
05-13-2008, 11:47 AM
You'd prefer to be a miserable laughing stock in order to have a 75% chance of not even getting the top pick, and about a 20% chance of your top 5 pick being a truly great player?

Boy, that's a fun ride. Millwaukee called, they were wondering when you had them penciled in for the ring fitting?

count55
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
You'd prefer to be a miserable laughing stock in order to have a 75% chance of not even getting the top pick, and about a 20% chance of your top 5 pick being a truly great player?

Boy, that's a fun ride. Millwaukee called, they were wondering when you had them penciled in for the ring fitting?

But teaching your players to lose is a dangerous thing. It might lead to a great postseason run, but it's statistically much more likely to lead to another year of suckitude.

QFT

Mourning
05-13-2008, 01:28 PM

I'm sure SA and Miami beg to differ :).

One of the other threads has an article from RealGM about the Pacers. Not that much that I aggree with, except for one thing, which is that currently we are heading for everlasting mediocrity or worse.

MyFavMartin
05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I'd just rather be sitting at 7 right now than 11 after the season we had. We didn't have to get Flip and we could have played Ike, Sean, and Hulk more.

Call it player development...

MyFavMartin
05-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Did anyone besides me get a private message from a "Zachary Beardsley, #1 Pacer Fan" whose topic says "DUMB" and follows it with "Danny Granger will be better than him for both of their careers"?

I'm thinking it has to do with my stance on Derrick Rose for Danny Granger, straight up.

Zach, if you're out there and you are the #1 Pacers fan, please post your opinions on the message board, that way we all can discuss your opinion or thoughts.

I was actually day dreaming of a Pacers lineup including Derrick Rose, Danny Granger, and a healthy JO... I think one throws in Dunleavy and Foster and we'd be good... real good.

Hoop
05-13-2008, 11:20 PM
How does anyone know for sure that D. Rose will be a NBA All-Star, he could be a bust. Then the trade would have been horrible.

Having said that, I'd have to take the risk. Not going to happen though.