PDA

View Full Version : anyone else glad the pacers didnt......

debohstheman
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
trade for gary payton...
man, his game has really deteriorated in the last 2 years. i understand the laker's triangle isnt really the system best suited for him; but damn, he is getting killed....

im actually surprised at how bad he has/is playing

thoughts? comments?

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 11:59 AM
It's not his type of Offense and I think he would be doing better on another team , I think his poor gameplay has alot to do with his unhappy feelings in LA. He also maybe feeling alittle pressure as him , sam cassell and another player all have some of legal case they are dealing with , think it's a assault case, my details are fuzzy on the situation but I know it deals with a altercation outside a exotic dance club.

Arcadian
06-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Also if we made that trade Tinsley wouldn't have had the chance to improve this year. By the end of the season I thought Tins was better than Payton. And last season Payton would have made "the issues" a lot worse.

ChicagoJ
06-10-2004, 12:09 PM
He's getting old, but his defense has deteriorated quickly.

At this stage, he's a rental. I'm glad somebody else is paying the rent, because I don't think he would help the Pacers *right now* as much as Tinsley does.

LAPacer
06-10-2004, 12:10 PM
I wan't the Payton for Harrington trade, and I'm so happy it didn't go thru. Now we can get someone else for big Al. :)

diego
06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Not to mention how much better that would have made Milwaukee having Al to team up with Ford and Redd. :o

sweabs
06-10-2004, 03:35 PM
It's not his type of Offense and I think he would be doing better on another team , I think his poor gameplay has alot to do with his unhappy feelings in LA. He also maybe feeling alittle pressure as him , sam cassell and another player all have some of legal case they are dealing with , think it's a assault case, my details are fuzzy on the situation but I know it deals with a altercation outside a exotic dance club.

Yup - I believe that happened up here in Toronto.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Payton is a sweet deal for the MLE... we should try to get him again this year...

JOneal7
06-10-2004, 09:50 PM
man payton has the same expression in every picture! LOL on the slam cover, my picture with him...I Mean every! lol

sweabs
06-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Payton is a sweet deal for the MLE... we should try to get him again this year...

:crazy: