PDA

View Full Version : Cuban: GM's Pretend to Have Authority

avoidingtheclowns
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
interesting blog from david stern's favorite owner. he breaks down the mavs' season but also goes into a lot of depth about the Devin Harris / Jason Kidd decision and discusses how GM's "pretend they have authority, until its go time... I have never seen so much time wasted in my life" when it comes to negotiating trades.

"Talking Mavs"
Mark Cuban, BlogMaverick.com
http://www.blogmaverick.com/2008/05/02/talking-mavs/

maragin
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Good find, good read.

CableKC
05-06-2008, 05:33 PM
It's an interesting read....especially about his comments about why they decided on bringing in Kidd.

I have a feeling that when and if Carlisle joins the Mavs that he won't be micromanage the offense as much. He probably will have an easier time with the offense when he has one of the best PGs in the league running the show ( as opposed to having a PG like Tinsley that he IMHO didn't completely trust to take over games ).

idioteque
05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a feeling that when and if Carlisle joins the Mavs that he won't be micromanage the offense as much.

Sounds too much like what was being said on this board before the 2006-2007 season to me. I'll believe that when I see it.

Hicks
05-06-2008, 06:02 PM
That was a good read, thanks for sharing!

CableKC
05-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds too much like what was being said on this board before the 2006-2007 season to me. I'll believe that when I see it.
When you have a PG like Tinsley....you can see why Carlisle had to micromanage the offense.

But if Carlisle had a PG like Kidd.....who he can probably trust to run the offense the way he wants it run.....then I can see why there will be less of a need to micromanage every play.

Eindar
05-06-2008, 11:55 PM
One thing you gotta like about Cubes, he's not afraid to take a chance, and looking at this blog post, not afraid to rebuild the right way, by letting contracts expire and using that flexibility to add young, cheap talent.

Since86
05-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Carlisle was the offensive coach under Bird, while Jackson was here. He didn't micromanage then, and let Mark call his own plays and even let Mark call plays coming out of timeouts.

RC has shown he changes his offense around his players, and obviously felt Tinsley wasn't strong enough to run the offense alone.

Towards the end of the '06 season, he was allowing AJ to call out plays FTW.