maragin
Naptown_Seth
newman8r
Peck
Shade
travmil

Unclebuck
05-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I really cannot vote for anyone other than Bball. Kegboy, you tried really hard this past year but you just weren't quite dark enough - you needed more substance. Sorry to everyone else on this list, but maybe next year.

JayRedd
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
And I expect my cookies.

Will Galen
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I voted for Kegboy because he's obviously the youngest since he has boy in his name.

McKeyFan
05-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I voted for BBall, not because I think he's truly dark, but because "darkside" is kind of a modern way of saying "hardass."

BBall is the Bobby Knight of the forum. You may not like what he has to say, but what he says is the only cure, and has been since the beginning.

P. S. No, BBall doesn't throw chairs and mock rape victims.

Putnam
05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
..... 'cause the wheels came off in the 4th quarter of that game against the Suns.

sweabs
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
All worthy candidates. Since I know Newman on a personal level, I likely exude some form of bias. However, he is definitely what I would consider a "darksider" when it comes to his respective team, the New York Knicks...and who is to blame him?

SoupIsGood
05-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Kegboy seems like the only true darksider on this list.

bellisimo
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
bball gets my vote for this one

maragin
05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Had I known I was in the running, I might have been more pessimistic. This season, even being a realist made you a darksider.

(thx for the nom)

Pacersfan46
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I voted for Kegboy because he's obviously the youngest since he has boy in his name.

You ALWAYS going for the youngest you can find? *mumble*sicko*mumble*

Must be a Karl Malone fan .....

:D

-- Steve --

Will Galen
05-05-2008, 01:27 PM
You ALWAYS going for the youngest you can find? *mumble*sicko*mumble*

Must be a Karl Malone fan .....

:D

-- Steve --

Nah, I plan to vote for that guy that has old in his name too, if he's up for an award.

I just figured would use a little different criteria in making my picks this year.

grace
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I thought about voting for Kegboy, but since next year I'm convinced he'll be up for best non-Pacer fan I decided not to waste my vote.

Kegboy
05-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Since Bball's not up for MVP, I'll vote for him here.

Most probably wouldn't believe I was a total Sally Sunshine back at RATS. And while I have had a precipitous fall the last 5 years, my scorched-earthdom still doesn't reach the owners like Bball. Though another year under Larry, I might just get there.

Robertmto
05-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Shade bought my vote

Jose Slaughter
05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
How did I NOT make the list this year?

btowncolt
05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Counters unite.

Twes
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not going to vote because I don't want to get called for jury duty.

:cool:

Naptown_Seth
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Part of being darksider is voting selfishly for oneself. :devil:

But come on, how is this not Bball's to lose. I'm not darksider, I'm more sunshiner with realistic expectations. After all my preseason prediction wasn't that far off and still I went to more games this year than last. Just because I realize it doesn't look good doesn't make me a darksider.

Now BBall, I often wonder if he likes the team at all. And yet his posts are well thought out and rarely trollish in the least. Classy darksider if you will, like Darth in a tux.

idioteque
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Shade is the consumate darksider of this board, but I gotta give it to Bball this year, he had great substance.

SoupIsGood
05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
like Darth in a tux.

:spitout:

You really are going to push for Most Humorous next year.

Hicks
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Bball and Kegboy were the two I most looked at for voting. I went with Bball because while you could argue he's just a hard-core realist, I think there are times you could go either way with the evidence on the table, and he seems to lean towards the bleakest result. ;)

Roaming Gnome
05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, this is a two horse race with Bball at the 3/4 pole and kegboy just getting out of the blocks.

Kegboy
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, this is a two horse race with Bball at the 3/4 pole and kegboy just getting out of the blocks.

Great. So when I break both legs tomorrow, at least I'll know who to blame.

Hicks
05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
You told me, I see you rise
But, it always falls
I see you come, I see you go
You say, "All things pass into the night"
And I say, "Oh no sir I must say you're wrong
I must disagree, oh no sir, I must say you're wrong"
Won't you listen to me

You told me, I've seen it all before
Been there, I've seen my hopes and dreams
A lying on the ground

I've seen the sky just begin to fall
And you say, "All things pass into the night"
And I say, "Oh no sir, I must say you're wrong
I must disagree, oh no sir, I must say you're wrong"
Won't you listen to me

Good-bye horses I'm flying over you
Good-bye horses I'm flying over you

travmil
05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I had to vote for Kegboy. Every time I read one of his posts I felt like I'd never be cheerful again.

Incidentally, did I get on this list because of my mood, or because of my posts. I only had a handful of posts on the Pacers board and did most of my damage in the Shoutbox.

Naptown_Seth
05-06-2008, 10:59 AM
What's funny is that a typical PD party might feature 4-5 of the darksider noms. You can imagine the fun we have, and with pancakes and pizza no less.

To pull a JayRedd, we really underestimated the creepiness factor. ;)*

* yes, I'm naming all pop culture references JR's from now on, not to be confused with "Bballs" which is now a nickname for suicide notes as in "we found the body and this bball on the table, open and shut case". In good taste I've avoided the Bison Dele reference. **

** DOH!

Twes
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know how any of these guys can be considered "darksiders".

I've never run in to them dumping bodies at abandoned gas stations.

Shade
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
My problem is that I'm not consistent enough. And those who know me personally know that I'm really not that much of a darksider on the surface. But when I have my moments, I can compete with anyone.

Shade
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't know how any of these guys can be considered "darksiders".

I've never run in to them dumping bodies at abandoned gas stations.

If gas prices keep going up, you may get your chance.

DrBadd01
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I voted for Kofi...

Hicks
05-06-2008, 11:59 AM
My problem is that I'm not consistent enough. And those who know me personally know that I'm really not that much of a darksider on the surface. But when I have my moments, I can compete with anyone.

My favorite is when you get nominated for both Darksider AND Sunshiner of the year. :laugh:

Didn't happen his time, though.

grace
05-06-2008, 02:47 PM

I'm sure when Colts season runs around you'll be as dark as the darkest abyss.

Naptown_Seth
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sure when Colts season runs around you'll be as dark as the darkest abyss.
FTW!
:laugh:

Speaking of Shade and Colts, while my Granger jersey has thus far defied the odds and not removed him from the team (and I appreciate that consideration from anyone/thing possibly involved in this stuff ;) ), I do own exactly 1 Colts jersey, purchased just prior to the AFC CG vs the Pats.

Marvin. Seriously.

So in a way the fact that Shade and I can off players with the whim of our checkbook does give us an edge in true darksider behavior. After all with the 50% sale on fan night I added a Dunleavy and Foster to the collection.

IYF sunshiners, let's see you add talent to the team just by buying unis or getting autographs. Mess with us and I swear I'll get Mike to sign his jersey.

"Oh, that's BS, that superstition stuff is dumb."
"Is it? Think about it H. I."*

*JRF special

Shade
05-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I have a Granger replica. Maybe we're offsetting each other. :shrug:

JayRedd
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Stop sullying my good name with horrible allusions.

Naptown_Seth
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
You did say "good" right?

You keep using that word...nevermind, no need to start that up again, it's worse than a counting thread when it starts.

So now Shade and I have to buy in tandem at all times? Holy crap will we look stupid at games and PD functions.

"What, did you call each other and find out what to wear?"
"well...."

JayRedd
05-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Says the guy quoting Radio Shack ads.

Naptown_Seth
05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I admitted that quoting that got me dumped from the JRF. One of many reasons I'll never hit the big leagues with you and LG.

But that still doesn't mean you have a "good" name to sully, unless round is good. How's that for a horrible non-sequitor allusion. I'll Coen this thread right into the worst toilet in england if I have to. I'll go Black Sunday blimp on this whole place with bad references.

Now what are we waiting on, Kegboy to get the Lake County votes in? Call this sucker before Kegboy asks for FLA and MI to be allowed back in.

JayRedd
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Objectively, you are certainly correct. I only meant "good" in contrast to your name.

Bball
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I was going to vote for Kegboy but I guess I'm too late.

I just don't think I 'brought it' this year like Kegboy did. At every turn he was there reminding us no matter how well a game or event turned out that we were still doing bad in a weak conference where even a mediocre team could get into midpack. He was right there with me complaining about management until the last part of the season when he passed me up.

I'll accept the trophy and cash reward this award brings, but I'll always feel it really belongs to Kegboy.

-Bball

Hicks
05-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Congrats, Bball

grace
05-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll accept the trophy and cash reward this award brings, but I'll always feel it really belongs to Kegboy.

-Bball

I'm sure he'll tell you that you can keep the trophy. He'll gladly take the money off your hands.

maragin
05-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm sure he'll tell you that you can keep the trophy. He'll gladly take the money off your hands.

He's such a darksider he won't take the money because it's value is dropping too fast.

grace
05-09-2008, 08:39 PM
He's such a darksider he won't take the money because it's value is dropping too fast.

That sounds more like something I'd do.

Naptown_Seth
05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Sheesh, even I think things are looking up for the next 2 seasons. It'll take time, but I think the falling part is over.

I could never darkside at this level.