PDA

View Full Version : New Dark Knight trailer

Kegboy
05-04-2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

I saw Iron Man yesterday, and while I enjoyed it, I didn't love it. And I certainly didn't fall in love with it like Batman Begins.

After having to sit through six very bad trailers yesterday, and one mediocre trailer for Indiana Jones, I'm glad I have something to look forward to this summer.

Hicks
05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the link; saves me from hunting a bit. It played in front of my showing of Iron Man as well, and I still can't wait for July 18.

bellisimo
05-04-2008, 01:41 PM
got an 8mbps connection yet this video just would not load :S

Hicks
05-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I think it's the traffic. Or they're blocking people outside of either the US or North America?

I initially was going to downloaded the best quality link, but it would only give me about 22kb/s, so I gave that up (didn't feel like waiting 2-3 hours). But when I tried downloading either of the other two, I got them much more quickly.

Stryder
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I dl'ed at about 300 Kb/s not too long ago.

bellisimo
05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
finally got it to work...
didn't know Two-Face was also in this movie!

Trader Joe
05-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm dling right now...

Hicks
05-05-2008, 12:05 AM
I keep watching this trailer throughout the day. I can't get enough of it, and I'm ridiculously excited to see this movie.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Someone convince me NOT to watch this movie. I don't think you could do it.

Oh, I still can't wait.

Shade
05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Nice.

Iron Man set the bar pretty high. Lets hope TDK can meet (or exceed) the challenge.

Personally, I think it'll be better than Batman Begins, though I'm not exactly a fanboy of the first flick (I still thought it was excellent, but not as good as the hype).

Peck
05-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Meh....

I want to see the film but I just don't get why some of you guys are so ga ga over this new version of Batman.

Ok, it must be an age thing I guess.

I'm like Shade in the fact that I hope that it is better than batman begins which I just thought was an above average film.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Meh....

I want to see the film but I just don't get why some of you guys are so ga ga over this new version of Batman.

Ok, it must be an age thing I guess.

I'm like Shade in the fact that I hope that it is better than batman begins which I just thought was an above average film.

It's more or less the way the story of Batman is told. I mean every movie and show has touched base on why he is who he is, but I think that Batman Begins went a lot deeper than the previous stories.

With Dark Knight, the Joker is more twisted and demented than his previous counter-parts. I'm not sure if it was Heath alone, but I think the way the part of the Joker was written is a little more mature than say the way Nicholson portrayed him.

This series is darker, a lot more deeper than the Tim Burton films. Compared to these new ones, those seemed a little kiddish.

Don't get me started on Batman Forever (which was "okay") and Batman & Robin.

SoupIsGood
05-05-2008, 04:37 AM
This trailer didn't do much for me, but I'm still really looking forward to the movie.

Hicks
05-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I like it because it plays it darker, more realistic, in a "this could really happen" kind of way (well, as much as any comic story can), and I also relate to the characters and the themes being presented. It just all struck a huge chord with me in Begins, and it looks like they're taking what worked for me in Begins and running with it, which is why I'm hyped.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah. We should have a viewing party in Indy for when it comes out.

SoupIsGood
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I like it because it plays it darker, more realistic, in a "this could really happen" kind of way (well, as much as any comic story can), and I also relate to the characters and the themes being presented. It just all struck a huge chord with me in Begins, and it looks like they're taking what worked for me in Begins and running with it, which is why I'm hyped.

Yep, same here.

Peck
05-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Actually the current films just portray Batman in the line that Frank Miller created. Bob Kane did not even have Batman being like this and he created him.

Where Burton went somewhat wrong, IMO, is having Gotham be this hybrid futuristic city with a 1920's style.

His Batman and even his Joker were very much in line with Frank Millers as well.

I just think it is an age thing more than anything else. You guys relate to these characters more because they are closer to your peers and age group. I relate to Michael Keaton and I'm sure somewhere out there (probably an old dude like Scott H. ;) ) someone relates to Adam West.

Again, I'm not downing the movies at all. They look great and I will go see it.

But since this is certainly a nerd post and will surely drive anyone with anyone with estrogen away from it I might as well go ahead and jump into full bore nerd role.

I think this is very much like Startrek. You have those who will swear by the original, then there are those who will live and die with the next generation and then there were probably some voyager fans out there.

I don't include DS9 in this because by federal law everyone must believe that this is the greatest show ever created (see my avatar).

Unclebuck
05-05-2008, 02:40 PM
The trailer is good (yes I agree Indiana Jones trailer is horrible) I'll be thrilled if Dark Knight is almost as good as Batman Begins

Kegboy
05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Actually the current films just portray Batman in the line that Frank Miller created. Bob Kane did not even have Batman being like this and he created him.

Where Burton went somewhat wrong, IMO, is having Gotham be this hybrid futuristic city with a 1920's style.

His Batman and even his Joker were very much in line with Frank Millers as well.

I just think it is an age thing more than anything else. You guys relate to these characters more because they are closer to your peers and age group. I relate to Michael Keaton and I'm sure somewhere out there (probably an old dude like Scott H. ;) ) someone relates to Adam West.

But since this is certainly a nerd post and will surely drive anyone with anyone with estrogen away from it I might as well go ahead and jump into full bore nerd role.

I think this is very much like Startrek. You have those who will swear by the original, then there are those who will live and die with the next generation and then there were probably some voyager fans out there.

I don't include DS9 in this because by federal law everyone must believe that this is the greatest show ever created (see my avatar).

ZPn-lTytfGo

Suaveness
05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Uh, can we not turn this into a Star Trek thread? As much as I enjoy it, I actually don't and hate it to my core.

Ledger's portrayal of Joker looks to be incredibly entertaining, and much more vicious than Jack's was.

Lord Helmet
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Uh, can we not turn this into a Star Trek thread? As much as I enjoy it, I actually don't and hate it to my core.

Ledger's portrayal of Joker looks to be incredibly entertaining, and much more vicious than Jack's was.
Yeah........

TDK's trailer has me pretty excited. It should be a great movie.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
ZPn-lTytfGo
I know you all don't want this turned into a Star Trek thread, but OMG, that is and always will be the best intro to any show, let alone any Star Trek series.

Granted they sped it up after season 2, but it was awesome.

Shade
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I still think the '89 Batman is better than Batman Begins. I'd put the latter at #2, though.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
It was great. Even with Prince doing the soundtrack.

The "darkness" of this new series though really sheds new life to a beaten down character.

Like like every comic book character a new movie or show is released, but they are all the same. This one I think tells a story more invigorating and keeps you on the edge of your seat more than what the Tim Burton series did.

Shade
05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I think people are forgetting how dark the Burton flicks were. I've honestly seen nothing in the new series that's any darker so far.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Batman/Bruce Wayne is more angry. He is not...well...not Michael Keaton obviously.

Don't get me wrong, those were two awesome movies. Great casting, great stories. It was played out well.

Gotham had that "modern retro" look that was in a few of the comics. Tim did great.

One thing is that Bruce has unfinished business in this. He just doesn't defeat a villain then boom, the story is over. It carries on and there you have it. You got a little bit of a hint in "Returns" where he said Beckensale went, but that was it. They were like two completely different stories. They didn't flow together other than the main characters were the same plus new faces.

Unclebuck
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I still think the '89 Batman is better than Batman Begins. I'd put the latter at #2, though.

Oh my

Hicks
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I like the Tim Burton films; I was fascinated with them as a kid. Forever isn't horrible, but it's not that good. Let's move on before I remember too much about the 4th one.

I caught most of Returns on TV within the past year, and it seems too over the top now.

I want to watch '89 again to see how I feel about that one as a 24 year old instead of.... I can't remember the last time I saw but it's probably been 5+ years.

Yes, Tim's movies are quite dark, but it's more of a goth dark, which is not the same as these new movies. I'm not sure what kind of dark I would call them.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
This is a more realistic dark.

There is more of an emphasis on internal conflicts especially with Wayne.

Now that I look back, the Burton films do look a little kiddish.

Suaveness
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Tim's movies are always a little Goth, but that's what makes them good. His Batman movies certainly had that feel to them, and they aren't bad (especially the first). But this has a more serious feel to it. While the Jack Joker was comic Joker at times, Heath's Joker seems to be more mania, crazed nutjob. That kind of character is a lot darker than the comedic interpretation of Jack's.

And we won't see someone like the Penguin in these movies, because it just doesn't fit. He's more comedic than most villians...not just light humor, but comedic looking. You can't take him seriously.

Which makes me wonder, if/when we get the third movie, what villain would they choose? Two-Face obviously, but who else? Catwoman/Penguin seem out of place. Riddler? I could see that working.

Hicks
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Penguin could work if you tone done his looks and play up his wealth, power, and sophistication. Not sure I see a great story there, though. But if Nolan et al think there is, I'd certainly give them the benefit of the doubt.

Los Angeles
05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Did I just see the same trailer as everyone else?

I am completely disappointed by the trailer. I agree with Mal that the coolest part of Batman Begins is the feel of it. They made me believe that this Gotham was a real Gotham, was founded on real physics, real social ills, etc.

This trailer made me feel like I'm in for all the same jokes and over-the-top crap that brought the first franchise run down.

I am really disappointed with the way they put this together. I can only pray that the similarities end with the trailer...

:sorry:

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Gotham was run down and ran by crooks in Begins.

I think that Gotham is starting to clean up a little here...

It's just a trailer...

Hicks
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM
This movie is about escalation from what we've known before.

Suaveness
05-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Penguin could work if you tone done his looks and play up his wealth, power, and sophistication. Not sure I see a great story there, though. But if Nolan et al think there is, I'd certainly give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think Nolan's on record saying that it probably wouldn't work...lets see if I can find it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia

At the time when the Penguin was rumored to be in the movie, Bob Hoskins (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001364/) appeared as a fan favorite. He stated that he would have loved to portray the role and work with Christopher Nolan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0634240/), calling him a fantastic director. Nolan then stated he had no intention of using the Penguin, calling him a too far-fetched character.

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
The penguin is a little silly.

I wonder if they could make new villains?

Oh well, I would like to see a better Mr. Freeze, or Clayface.

Clayface though reminds me too much of the Sandman from the Marvel universe, though.

rexnom
05-06-2008, 02:09 AM

Thank god. When will people realize that DS9 was the best ST. I think there are like four of us out there.

Hicks
05-06-2008, 02:12 AM
A few more than four. :wave:

duke dynamite
05-06-2008, 03:52 AM
DS9 was terrible.

TNG ALL THE WAY!

lol, sorry guys.

Kegboy
05-06-2008, 09:33 AM
DS9 was terrible.

TNG ALL THE WAY!

lol, sorry guys.

hRRej6d4mU4

Shade
05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I always thought DS9 was the worst of the bunch. I've never been a big Trekkie/Trekker, though, but I did enjoy TNG and Voyager.

Shade
05-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Leonard Nimoy's greatest moment wasn't even as Spock. Or on-screen, for that matter:

yLtzA0A7w90

Suaveness
05-06-2008, 12:59 PM
KNOCK IT OFF. NO MORE STAR TREK!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MORE!

Mr. Freeze doesn't seem like a plausible villain either. I don't know who else they could do.

Shade
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Mr. Freeze is plausible. Arnold as Mr. Freeze is not.

Bane could work, if they actually use the Bane from the comics and not the mindless dunderhead from Batman and Robin.

rexnom
05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsOE73pxpys&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

God, that brings tears to my eyes. Fantastic.

Oh, and for Suave: I think Two-Face will be a good villain - I'm guessing he's next.

Stryder
05-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Leonard Nimoy's greatest moment wasn't even as Spock. Or on-screen, for that matter:

yLtzA0A7w90

I thought you were going to go this route:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFR-8NVjw-k&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFR-8NVjw-k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Shade
05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I said "greatest," not "gayest."

rexnom
05-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I said "greatest," not "gayest."
OHHHHHH snap!

Trader Joe
05-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I think Ledger's protrayal as the Joker is whats going to lift this film up. He doesn't seem funny, he doesn't seem like he's joking. He just seems absolutely bat ****ing crazy and that makes him an intriguing character to me at least. I also think the way Wayne is portrayed in this movie has a darker feel to it. Thats just me though. I can easily see how someone would like the previous version. They are two completely different takes on Batman IMO.

duke dynamite
05-07-2008, 02:23 AM
I think Ledger's protrayal as the Joker is whats going to lift this film up. He doesn't seem funny, he doesn't seem like he's joking. He just seems absolutely bat ****ing crazy and that makes him an intriguing character to me at least. I also think the way Wayne is portrayed in this movie has a darker feel to it. Thats just me though. I can easily see how someone would like the previous version. They are two completely different takes on Batman IMO.

I'm completely okay with you repeating what I said in your own words.

Kidding...

:p

Peck
05-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Hicks and I had this discussion at a Pacers game this season. I just don't really see the take on Batman as really that much differantly than that of Keaten's Batman.

Now I would agree that maybe Wayne's character is slightly more angry in the newer version.

However at the end of the day Batman is still Batman.

I actually watched a little of Batman begins again last night and again I'll just say I wasn't that impressed. I liked it but by no means did I love it.

As to Leadger's Joker? We'll see.

You may not like Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker but he truely played this very close to how Frank Miller made him during the Dark Knight saga.

BTW, Fran Miller totally revolutionalized that character. Batman up until the late 80's was still very much like the version you saw on TV. Frank turned that franchise upside down and basically paved the way for the resurgance of DC.

duke dynamite
05-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I loved Nicholson as the joker. That portrayal was amazing.

Demented yet hilarious.

Trader Joe
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm completely okay with you repeating what I said in your own words.

Kidding...

:p

What?

idioteque
05-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I loved Nicholson as the joker. That portrayal was amazing.

Demented yet hilarious.

I appreciate that portrayal, but I think the grittier, dirtier, haven't had a bath in a couple of years portrayal of Joker is at a whole other level. That being said I think Nicholson could have played off that portrayal very well if given the opportunity.

duke dynamite
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Of course.

tora tora
05-09-2008, 10:13 PM
You may not like Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker but he truely played this very close to how Frank Miller made him during the Dark Knight saga.

:nod:

This new Joker looks like a Kool Aid crackhead.

duke dynamite
05-10-2008, 08:58 AM
OH YEAH!

http://static.stickam.com/media/video/converted/1700/7240/6/8fdc6ce7-76fa-11da-b964-0f09f07f632c.wmv.flv.jpg

Hicks
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I just saw these out there: Two TV spots:

The first spot won't work as an embed for me, so here's the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vEau49Q-Jg&fmt=18

Here's the other one:

kGFX-iD_HH4&fmt=18

Hicks
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
A third teaser. I like the last beat with Mr. J. :laugh:

4Ky82wl6gHI&fmt=18

Trader Joe
05-16-2008, 02:31 PM
"Oh, the lamborghini then."

Baller.