PDA

View Full Version : Question about trading up in the draft.

Reggie4Three
06-09-2004, 10:40 PM
With all the discussion about trading up in the draft, it got me thinking. Isn't there some kind of rule about trading draft picks where the trade can't be announced until after the draft? I'm just about sure there is, but I can't remember the specifics. Anyone know it?

Will Galen
06-09-2004, 10:49 PM
With all the discussion about trading up in the draft, it got me thinking. Isn't there some kind of rule about trading draft picks where the trade can't be announced until after the draft? I'm just about sure there is, but I can't remember the specifics. Anyone know it?

If the Clippers were trading their #2 pick to the Pacers for the Pacers #29 pick, the trade couldn't be announced until after pick 29 was on the board. Is this it?

Cactus Jax
06-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Picks can be traded as picks until 24 hours before the draft or something, then picks can't be traded until that pick has been drafted. Or at least that's what I remember. :whoknows:

MSA2CF
06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
PFinAZ, do you know that laser is spelled wrong in your signature or is that on purpose? Just wondering. :confused:

Cactus Jax
06-09-2004, 11:19 PM
PFinAZ, do you know that laser is spelled wrong in your signature or is that on purpose? Just wondering. :confused:

Yeah I do, It's from http://www.homestarrunner.com/

It's a pretty hilarious site for those few who haven't been there yet.

Snickers
06-09-2004, 11:30 PM

Yeah I do, It's from http://www.homestarrunner.com/

It's a pretty hilarious site for those few who haven't been there yet.

Crapface. :D

I'm still trying to figure out what band the tunes Marzipan plays are copied from.... I recognise it, but I can't put my finger on it.... and it's driving me nuts. :mad:

efx
06-09-2004, 11:30 PM
omg, I wish I could be a homestarrunner.com virgin again and experience the total awesomeness of that site again :).

Cactus Jax
06-09-2004, 11:33 PM
omg, I wish I could be a homestarrunner.com virgin again and experience the total awesomeness of that site again :).

Yeah although, it would take hours to catch up.

I can't wait for their DVD(s) to come out at the end of the year. It's supposed to have the 1st one-hundred e-mails, plus other stuff too.