PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Price gouging going on at Pendleton Pike BP

Shade
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
I hope this isn't too political in nature for PD.

I just wanted to warn everyone of some shenanigans going on at the Pendleton Pike location BP gas station.

Apparently, they're applying 0.10 to the pump before you even pump any gas.

I'm pretty sure this is illegal, and we plan to notify somebody about it. Until then, be careful when you go to pump your gas, especially there.

indygeezer
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I hope this isn't too political in nature for PD.

I just wanted to warn everyone of some shenanigans going on at the Pendleton Pike location BP gas station.

Apparently, they're applying 0.10 to the pump before you even pump any gas.

I'm pretty sure this is illegal, and we plan to notify somebody about it. Until then, be careful when you go to pump your gas, especially there.

I've noted that type activity for years and always thought it was a scam. But they always said they were allowed to charge for the fuel in the hose at start-up.

Do I look stoopid?

Here's your sign.

:bs:

duke dynamite
05-01-2008, 07:00 PM
They've always told me that the pumps have to be "primed". I highly doubt that is true.

Every cent counts to these guys anymore...

Robertmto
05-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Well they ARE 3 cents cheaper than everybody else, guess i'll just get 20.10 from now on

The Toxic Avenger
05-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Oh thats not legal.... I've run a Gas Station before and that ain't any where NEAR legal.

They Do charge for the gas in the hose... they charge whoever pumped it before you.

Oh well.

Major Cold
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
No freaking kidding. So basically they make .20 off of .10 of gas. .10 times however gas ups.

They could be making hundreds off of it.