PDA

View Full Version : gilbert arenas

dohman
04-30-2008, 07:00 PM
anyone look at him differently because he is sitting out a playoff game because of his knee in a contract year?

I know a lot of people still to this day hate peja because he did this several years ago in the pacers post season.

AesopRockOn
04-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I'm also waiting for Bender to pay the Pacers back. :rolleyes:

Hoop
04-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't, I think Gilbert was stupid for coming back at all this season and risking his long term health.

I don't recall Peja having surgery and missing most of the season, so I don't think the two situations compare.

maragin
05-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd gladly take him on the Pacers next year.

grace
05-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't recall Peja having surgery and missing most of the season, so I don't think the two situations compare.

Peja had back surgery the season he started in New Orleans.

As for Arenas sitting out correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't been 100% since he came back and the team is actually playing better without him (at least that's what Tim Legler said).

Naptown_Seth
05-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Grace, that's a mixed signal. On one hand it suggests that the situation is the same and GA should be judged harshly. But the 2nd comment suggests that him sitting helps WSH whereas Peja sitting clearly hurt Indy.

Now is GA sitting in preparation to bolt or resign. I think Peja was always very comfortable with the idea of getting out of Indy and had his allegence running very low. Did his sitting reflect the Pacers interests at all? Contrast with maybe GA thinking "I'm hurting more than helping" ala JO.