PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Karl Malone fans might want to skip this one

Kofi
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/274/story/334471.html

Dad Karl Malone a footnote in Demetrius Bellís life
Allen Wilson

Updated: 04/29/08 3:54 PM

If youíre a fan of NBA great Karl Malone, you might change your mind when you start reading this column.

If you never heard of Buffalo Bills rookie offensive tackle Demetrius Bell, youíll be rooting for him when I tell you his story.

Bell was a seventh-round draft pick and two-year starter at Northwestern State, the same Louisiana school that produced cornerback Terrence McGee.

Bell is the son of Malone, but the Mailman had no role in Bellís success except passing along athletic genes.

The two have had very little contact during Bellís life. His mother, Gloria Bell, reportedly was only 13 years old and Malone a college sophomore at Louisiana Tech when Demetrius was born. Malone might have served jail time had her family asked the district attorney to file criminal charges.

Bell didnít even know Malone was his father until after graduating from high school. When they finally met, Malone told the 18-year-old Bell it was too late to be his father, and that Bell would have to ďearn his money on his own.Ē

In a 1998 story in the Salt Lake (Utah) Tribune, Gloria Bell said, ďDemetrius is ashamed that his dad doesnít claim him. But Iíve told him it is not his fault.Ē

Malone also fathered twins while in high school. One of them is WNBA star Cheryl Ford. It took years to claim the twins, and now he and his wife, Kay, fully accept them as part of their family.

But what about Demetrius? Doesnít he deserve the same measure of love and recognition?

I can certainly relate to Bellís experience. I didnít meet my father until after my 40th birthday. Our separation was under different circumstances, but I can imagine how difficult it must have been for Bell not having a connection with the man partly responsible for his existence. At least my father and I have a relationship now.

As a first-time father, I canít understand how any man could turn his back on his own blood. Thereís a word for that, and itís appropriate: Deadbeat.

Fortunately for Bell, heís doing just fine without Malone. Bell has clearly moved on with his life.

ďAll of thatís behind me right now,Ē Bell said during a conference call Sunday. ďI feel good I made it this far. Nothing against him, but I feel good at this time. If he wouldíve been there, yeah, it wouldíve been good. But if not, itís even better. Everything is a plus right now.Ē

Bell has come a long way as a football player in a short time. His high school didnít have a football team, so he focused on basketball and was good enough to earn a scholarship to Northwestern State. He played in 88 games, with six starts, and was one of four Division I athletes to play basketball and football last season.

Bell didnít play offensive tackle until three weeks before the 2006 season opener at Kansas. That was the first of his 22 consecutive starts over the last two years.

Whether Bell will stick with the Bills remains to be seen. Seventh-round picks are the long shots on a preseason roster. But a player of his athletic ability deserves a good look.

ďIíve still got room for everything,Ē Bell said. ďI think my strongest part is pass blocking. But Iím getting stronger by the moment. Thatís a plus on my stopping the bull rush. Run-blocking is always getting better when Iím adding bulk and getting stronger. And technique- wise, itís all about the coach teaching me his technique or what technique he wants. I think itís all on the upside.Ē

Hereís hoping Bell has a long and prosperous NFL career. He might never be as great in his sport as Malone was in his, but Bell has already surpassed his father as a man.

awilson@buffnews.com

Hicks
04-29-2008, 11:29 PM
His mother, Gloria Bell, reportedly was only 13 years old and Malone a college sophomore at Louisiana Tech when Demetrius was born.

Good lord.

Trader Joe
04-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Scumbag.

idioteque
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Makes me even happier that he didn't win that bandwagon attempt at a title in LA. Karma is a *****. Karl Malone was always dirty on the court and now proves to be a scumbag off the court. I am glad this has been released publicly. What a deadbeat.

AesopRockOn
04-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Are there any Karl Malone fans?

Oneal07
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
WOW. . .NEver really liked him, but he was a great ball player!!! Sometimes you wonder what these NBA Players are up to

Hoop
04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Holy crap, he would have been put under the jail these days.

Karma's a b*tch, maybe Karl will need a kidney or part of a liver one of these days and Demetruis can tell him to go F himself.

Young
04-30-2008, 12:38 AM
The sad part is Josh Howard "partaking in smoking weed" will get more headlines than this.

He had sex with a 13 year old? 13? WTF. That is a freaking middle schooler. High school wouldn't be as bad but middle school? Wow congrats Karl.

The worst thing about this is he doesn't seem to give a crap about his own son.

It makes you wonder how many "partners" Karl has had.

The irony here is Karl was the one who spoke out against Magic coming back to play after he said he was HIV positive. At least I think Karl was against this anyway. Yet it seems the mailman has no problem with getting around.

He was a great player. Never someone I cared for but I never looked down on him like I do now. Trully a low life son of a *****.

Moses
04-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Karl has always been huge scumbag. I've heard quite a few stories about how he treated some his fans.

Trader Joe
04-30-2008, 01:20 AM
She was probably TWELVE when it happened.

Shade
04-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Karl Malone has always been a bad person. I didn't realize he was a pedophile as well, though.

N8R
04-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Wow that was a crazy thing to read.

I too am glad he never won a championship. Athletes are just over paid bums for the most part. I hate how they are celebrated to the point that they are making millions of dollars for playing as a living. People with meaningful jobs out there that serve a purpose get a small percentage of what these athletes make. Sure you can say athletes risk their lives and it takes a toll on their bodies, but I still bet there would be players in the NBA if they were making like $100,000/season. $50,000/season. You can live off that amount of money, you cant buy outrageous cars, nonsensely huge homes and private islands but you can life like the rest of the world and still better than most of the world.

You would have the same players there just making a reasonable salary, then tickets could be WAAAYYYYY cheaper and fans could actually see games again.

A what a world

kester99
04-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Well, Karl may be off the Visit Louisiana ad campaign based on this. But how much nat'l attention might it get?? So, maybe not.

duke dynamite
04-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Gawd, seems like this guy just couldn't keep it in his pants.

The bad thing here is that I had a life-size poster/growth chart of him in my room growing up.

They marketed him to young kids for a reason!!!

aero
04-30-2008, 03:46 AM
way to be a father, what a piece of crap.

DGPR
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
I thought I had heard about this on one of those ESPN Classic shows Beyond the Glory or something like that.

ajbry
04-30-2008, 07:02 AM
What a pathetic human being. That's beyond words, especially for someone as privileged as he was to tell his son it was too late to be a father.

indygeezer
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Larry Bird too.

Yes, some of us are Karl Malone fans, always have been. Some of you are Ron Artest, JR Rider, 'Sheed Wallace, etc etc fans. I'll not make excuses for him, that is a low thing to do...but what about Jalen Roses dad? Or Larry Bird and his daughter, the NBA is full of this same story and I would suggest the NFL, MLB, and NHL are too. It's a reflection of the times and our society.
Do I like it..nope not one bit, but it is what it is.

By the way, the writer has his own history he alludes to so he has a bias against deadbeat dads and that can be reflected in his choice of adjectives and wording. All that together can lend a darker tone to this story than another writer might have applied.

Again, not making excuses.

heywoode
04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
The subject matter is dark enough for anyone. There is really no way to tell that story without using the term 'deadbeat'.

I already had no respect for Malone, and was already glad he never won a title. Now I hope he gets busted for something trivial and gets the maximum sentence possible.

Sometimes your life can't be complete until you pay some kind of price for past mistakes. The longer you run from them, the more the price gets larger. I can only hope that is the case with Malone.

What a poor excuse for a man, and a human being.

Oh, and his actions and this story aren't signs of the times we live in. The times we live in are a direct result of this kind of behavior. Face it, if more men took responsibility for raising their children, the world would be a much better place. Sooner or later, society will reap what it has sown in not punishing deadbeats like Karl Malone. It speaks volumes that this kid has made a place for himself without a father. Most kids who have their father abandon them don't have such a success story. Demetrius Bell has my utmost respect, and I will be rooting for him.

Fool
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
By the way, the writer has his own history he alludes to so he has a bias against deadbeat dads and that can be reflected in his choice of adjectives and wording. All that together can lend a darker tone to this story than another writer might have applied.

Yeah, its the prose that makes the story appalling rather then the subject matter.

Major Cold
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Malone made poor choices in the past. But not owning up to them is the poorest choice.

NuffSaid
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I thought I had heard about this on one of those ESPN Classic shows Beyond the Glory or something like that.
I believe you're right. This isn't the first time I've heard about the Mailman's adulterous ways. The only thing that shocks me is that he fathered a child by a 13 yr old girl who was probably every bit of 12 when she conceived and he around 19-21! WOW!!! And we talk bad about Michael Jackson. :censored:

themayhem87
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Awful

Hicks
04-30-2008, 11:06 AM
The deadbeat dad part is bad, but the truly worst part is having sex with a 12 year old. Or a very young 13 year old (much better. :rolleyes:)

travmil
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
My daughter is 12 and will turn 13 in June. I'd kill someone that did this to her. Kill. I absolutely mean it.

DrBadd01
04-30-2008, 11:22 AM
I have heard these stories before in the newspapers here. It fits his personality. They should take down the statue they have of him outside the Delta Center( now Energy Soloutions Arena) how awful is that.

Jonathan
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Karl Malone is from Utah, That makes him a mormon. Who are we to judge another man's religious practices?

sweabs
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Karl Malone is from Utah, That makes him a mormon.
I don't think it works like that.

Unless you were being facetious...in which case, I missed the boat.

DrBadd01
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Karl Malone PLAYED in Utah. He is FROM Louisiana. He isn't a Mormon; living in Utah i can tell you that there are a lot of us who are not Mormons. Blanket statements like that bug me. . . . .

Twes
04-30-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think he's a democrat either so the Bill Clinton defense is out.

This thread isn't going to last long.

:cool:

themayhem87
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
hahaha so b/c he played in Utah and fooled around with a minor makes him a mormon?? hahaha

travmil
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
You guys need to relax. It's pretty obvious that he was making a joke.

Basketball Fan
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Larry Bird too.

Yes, some of us are Karl Malone fans, always have been. Some of you are Ron Artest, JR Rider, 'Sheed Wallace, etc etc fans. I'll not make excuses for him, that is a low thing to do...but what about Jalen Roses dad? Or Larry Bird and his daughter, the NBA is full of this same story and I would suggest the NFL, MLB, and NHL are too. It's a reflection of the times and our society.
Do I like it..nope not one bit, but it is what it is.

The difference between them and Malone is that they didn't knock up a 13 year old and being a deadbeat they're just deadbeats.

Speed
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Karl Malone PLAYED in Utah. He is FROM Louisiana. He isn't a Mormon; living in Utah i can tell you that there are a lot of us who are not Mormons. Blanket statements like that bug me. . . . .

Mormons are so sensitive....

i keed i keed :)

AesopRockOn
04-30-2008, 02:26 PM
This thread is a Boy Scout comment away from being closed.

d_c
04-30-2008, 02:37 PM
They should take down the statue they have of him outside the Delta Center( now Energy Soloutions Arena) how awful is that.

You know, this news is probably going to make them tear the statue down and build a bigger one.

(Ok, that was a cheap shot/low blow)

Ownagedood
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Haha, I never liked the guy.. I guess I sensed there was something wrong.. He's a freakin crazy pedifile.

Hoop
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
My daughter is 12 and will turn 13 in June. I'd kill someone that did this to her. Kill. I absolutely mean it.and if I were on the jury, you would still be a free man.

Hicks
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Karl Malone is from Utah, That makes him a mormon. Who are we to judge another man's religious practices?

:wtf:

pig norton
05-01-2008, 02:32 AM
My daughter is 12 and will turn 13 in June. I'd kill someone that did this to her. Kill. I absolutely mean it.

I hope you don't mean it. I'm appalled at this story as much as anyone else, but he does'nt deserve to die for what he did. He just needs to spend a very long time in jail.

Kstat
05-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Not to mention, it wasn't a rape case last i checked, and girls do lie about their ages on occasion.

Obviously he's scum, but saying he should be dead is a tad overboard, especially since nobody knows if he knew her age or not.

Peck
05-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Actually no one is saying "he" should be dead. I believe Travmill was just making a comment that if someone did this to his daughter he would kill them.

My only real reservations about the article in question is, are we getting an accurate description of the conversation between the boy and Karl?

Don't get me wrong I am not excusing anything I am just saying the way that is written really leaves a lot of doubt in my mind about how that went down.

Obviously everyone is taking the whole it's to late to be a Dad part and running with it. But I wonder in context how that was said.

Kstat
05-01-2008, 03:39 AM
I'm not sure what other context that could possibly be taken in.

indygeezer
05-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Again, I'm not making excuses, Geezerette just turned 15, but........

there are certain types of parents out there that would intentionally put their daughter in a postition where this could happen. They see a college kid with a NBA career ahead of him and work their way in for a big score. I'm not saying it happend that way but I am saying we aren't getting the whole story either. We have a columnist who has a stated bias against deadbeat dads, who's to say what he is or isnt telling us about the situation.

I am devout Catholic, I am all about family, I don't like deadbeat dad's (or moms), but I am not ready to place him in front of a firing squad either.

Fool
05-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Your avatar says otherwise.

indygeezer
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Your avatar says otherwise.

No, no. That's only for them wascally wabbits.

Pacersfan46
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Geezer .... honestly?

What 'other story' is needed? No matter what it said from the 'other side' it won't change the fact that no matter what the mother, and daughter did, that it is in NO WAY the kids fault. And the child is the one who suffered.

Not to mention, obviously that isn't what happened. Otherwise the kid would have known who his father was long before, through child support. Obviously the pregnant girl, and her mother never went after that. So it kinda throws that whole attempt at throwing them under the bus as gold diggers out the window.

-- Steve --

Since86
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Not to mention, it wasn't a rape case last i checked, and girls do lie about their ages on occasion.

Obviously he's scum, but saying he should be dead is a tad overboard, especially since nobody knows if he knew her age or not.

Not rape?

Ever heard of the term, statutory rape? You can still be charged, and found guilty, even if you were decieved about the other party's actual age.

Brian
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Wasnt there something that happened with Malone making comments to Kobe's wife?.

Moses
05-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Wasnt there something that happened with Malone making comments to Kobe's wife?.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1944994

indygeezer
05-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Geezer .... honestly?

What 'other story' is needed? No matter what it said from the 'other side' it won't change the fact that no matter what the mother, and daughter did, that it is in NO WAY the kids fault. And the child is the one who suffered.

Not to mention, obviously that isn't what happened. Otherwise the kid would have known who his father was long before, through child support. Obviously the pregnant girl, and her mother never went after that. So it kinda throws that whole attempt at throwing them under the bus as gold diggers out the window.

-- Steve --

That was meant for illustrative purposes. There is usually more information that hasn't been told. Not saying it is the case but saying I am not going to hang the guy on the reports from 1 admittedly bitter reporter.

I also know a young lady that when she was 13 took great pride in dressing up, putting on make-up, and fooling people with her age. Believe me, she EASILY passed for a college girl.

heywoode
05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah, well...if 13 year old's dress up and put on make-up, and try to pass themselves off as older, then all bets are off. They get what they deserve....(sounds pretty ludicrous when it is typed out, doesn't it?)

I'm not trying to hammer you, geezer, but I think taking the situation lightly and making excuses for Malone is not the way to go. It seems like you are doing what you can to condemn the reporter and the girl/mother/son and defend Malone by your statements.

Regardless of what issues the reporter has in his own past, the facts that we DO know are enough to know that Malone's idea of right and wrong, at least at that time, was skewed from reality quite a bit. I can agree that we only know what the reporter wrote, but if it was a complete fabrication, I'm thinking it wouldn't have been published. Nothing is 100%, but I feel confident enough in the story to know that Malone is a bigger prick than I had originally thought him to be.

Add in the fact that he made MILLIONS and didn't take care of his children, at least financially, if not emotionally by spending time with them or acknowledging them, is deplorable. He is not the first person, nor the first pro athlete or rich person to do this. He won't be the last. That doesn't make it any less horrid.

Oh, and to those who would not agree with travmil, I agree with him completely. I'm not (nor was he) saying that Malone needs to die, I'm saying, like he was, that if a sophomore in college knocked up our 12-13 year old daughter, they would have a serious beatdown coming.

Personally, my 12-13 year old will have enough of a head on her shoulders to not be dressing up and trying to date college sophomores or act older than she is. I know you can't prevent everything, but you can instill enough of a value system in your children that they make responsible choices for themselves. THAT is how you prevent stuff like that from happening. Some of you with girls that age may be saying "Yeah right!" to my statements, but believe me, I've already seen the value system my wife and I have instilled work, and my 8 year old daughter is already making responsible choices when we aren't around. My family is full of kids, young men and women, and young adults who have been taught, loved, and had time spent with them their whole lives and have a great sense of self-esteem. Quite frankly, the kids I speak of, and eventually my daughter, wouldn't even think of doing something like that because they have better things to do with their time and are way to focused on being successful people to worry about looking older so they can date someone 7-8 years older than they are. Call me crazy, but the whole reason for my existence is to raise children into responsible adults. Nothing gets in the way of that, nothing ever has, and nothing ever will.

Twes
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Heywood almost sounded like Travis Bickle there.

Come onnnnnnnn, jodi foster was hot in that movie wasn't she.

I think they just have it in for rednecks. It was c~o~l~l~e~g~e.

Who hasn't knocked up a twelve year old in college.

:cool:

owl
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
So in statutory rape cases the victim or in this case the guardian can opt to not
press charges? I thought these things were automatically prosecuted.

grace
05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Can we all just agree that he's a Karl is a scum bucket and move on?

heywoode
05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
grace, I know you tire of conversation quickly, but I don't mind discussing the finer points of why Karl Malone is a scumbag.

Nor do I mind talking about why anyone who knocks up a 13 year old as a college sophomore and then doesn't take responsibility for his offspring is a scumbag.

By all means, contribute to the conversation...if you're tired of reading about it, stop reading about it!

grace
05-01-2008, 03:48 PM
No I don't want to talk about it and I'll gladly leave.

Twes
05-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Karl always was a killer with that pick and roll.

:whistle:

Kids, take a lesson.

heywoode
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Damn, that was hardcore!

I think that in this day and age, I'm certain kids at the college level have to be more careful than ever about girls they date. I'm fine with that.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that whether you were deceived or not, you can be charged.

It is still secondary to the fact that once he knew he had a kid, he did nothing, and is still apparently willing to do nothing. Nobody deserves to not have a father. It is bad enough when a father is taken by death. It is deplorable when the father knows he has a kid, meets the kid, and tells him he won't be a father, for whatever reason.

I feel for that kid, and hope he does well in life.

indygeezer
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Nope I can't defend Karl Malone and do not intend to. But I still will not condemn him until all details are out there.

And I agree, raising my kids is my most important job in life...unfortunately I didn't realize that with the oldest two. And Geezer Jr and Geezerette have good heads on them and make better choices than the young lady I mentioned. But I will also caution you that Mrs. Geezer is constantly telling stories that she hears her BEST students tell her. Kids from two parent homes, kids making straight A's, kids with bright futures...and yet they are constantly doing stupid things that their parents have NO CLUE about.
That is why I don't allow text messaging...it's too secretive....and that is driving Geezerette nuts.

No, I really don't defend Malone one bit, but I don't blindly believe what I read either. There's just too much tabloid journalism these days.

heywoode
05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
No I don't want to talk about it and I'll gladly leave.

I wasn't trying to offend you.

I just never understand why people post stuff like that.

I hope you still like me! (You may never have, I don't know!)

Jonathan
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
The media is all over Roger Clemens & Mindy Mcready.

He did not knock her up.

Twes
05-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I wasn't trying to offend you.

I just never understand why people post stuff like that.

I hope you still like me! (You may never have, I don't know!)

If it makes you feel better.

I still love you guys man.

Jonathan
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I will defend Roger Clemens for his role as SKIDMARK in Dumb & Dumber.

heywoode
05-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Skidmark Steve?

No wait, that was in BASEketball...

Twes
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I fear for poor Shawn Kemps safety when this mob gets a hold of him.

heywoode
05-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Shawn Kemp is father of the year compared to Malone.

Far as I know, Kemp has 438.2 children, but he at least acknowledged that they were his progeny and helped financially....Am I wrong?

Geezer, your points about children are well taken. I'm certain that even the most convincing outward appearance of success can hide some stupid decisions.

I will allow my kids to text, but they should know that they will not be allowed to delete them from the phone, and that I will be able to read them at any time. If they delete them, I will check the usage details on the internet and if the numbers don't jive, texting is GONE.

indygeezer
05-02-2008, 08:53 AM

Far as I know, Kemp has 438.2 children, but he at least acknowledged that they were his progeny and helped financially....Am I wrong?

Geezer, your points about children are well taken. I'm certain that even the most convincing outward appearance of success can hide some stupid decisions.

I will allow my kids to text, but they should know that they will not be allowed to delete them from the phone, and that I will be able to read them at any time. If they delete them, I will check the usage details on the internet and if the numbers don't jive, texting is GONE.

You can DO that? How........oh wait, I wouldn't understand anyway. I'm technophobic.

heywoode
05-02-2008, 09:11 AM
geezer,

I have Verizon, and I can go to the website and see usage details for each phone on my plan. It will tell me the number of texts sent, received, and to what number. Unfortunately, you can't read the actual text (even though the police can get this information if they need to). The only thing you can do is not allow the kids to delete any texts sent or received, and then check the numbers on their phone against what the details say on the website. If there are texts missing, they are hiding something. For each month, you can make sure the numbers jive, and then delete them from the phone so the inbox doesn't fill up, and so you can start fresh with a new comparison in the next billing cycle.

Of course, if they delete them and the numbers don't jive, the only real recourse you have is to take away texting. You can't read what was deleted....

I would check into it. I'm sure your daughter would bow to those conditions if it meant being able to text. Just because you are checking the volume of texting between the phone and the internet site doesn't mean you are going to read the actual texts...(Of course, I would have to at least read a few random ones to see what is going on, and just to keep her honest, knowing that you could read some of them, or all of them...)

I have the unlimited texting option, and it only adds $10 a month to my bill....Well worth it when texts are 10 cents each, both sending and receiving, and pix messages are 25 cents, both sending and receiving.

I know someone who's daughter had 18 THOUSAND texts in one billing cycle. That is sent AND received, but still....That is way too much! She gets straight A's and is in cheerleading, gymnastics, and track..She excels at all of them, so they are pretty lenient on her...She gets a lot of liberty, but she can be TRUSTED with it...

Twes
05-02-2008, 10:20 AM

All kidding aside... there is no question that on the face of this story it is very disturbing. Having said that I can at least imagine circumstances where a 12 year old in a party situation could pass themselves off as much older. Does that excuse the behavior of a 20 year old? No. But it's not the same as a 20 year old knowingly preying on a 12 year old either.

If you're pro life the argument is that the woman should have the baby in all cases and circumstances and the father is duty bound to support it.

If you aren't pro life you may feel that 2 people are involved in the decision as to what needed to happen. We don't even know whether Malone knew about it and if he did we don't know what his feelings were. He may have offered support to stand by her as this pregnancy was terminated. Of course this isn't an acceptable solution or answer to pro life people. Others may feel that if he did offer support but didn't want the baby himself and if she decided to have it on her own they may feel differently about his position now. There are other women who may get pregnant on purpose just to lock in to the finacial support we're talking about from a star athlete.

The best solution clearly is to not engage in the behavior that led to this. No question about that.

This is a hornets nest discussion.

But there are a lot of things we don't know.

Pacersfan46
05-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Karl always was a killer with that pick and roll.

:whistle:

Kids, take a lesson.

I think you meant to say he "was a killer with that poke and run".

:-p

-- Steve --

Since86
05-02-2008, 12:53 PM
As a 22y/o college student, no way does a 12-14y/0 girl pass as older than 19.

She might look 16 or 17, but you can spot high school girls from a mile away at parties, I can only imagine how bad a jr. high girl would stand out.

Slick Pinkham
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
If she was 12, that might not even be junior high (at least where I grew up jr. high was 7th & 8th grade)-- we could be talking about a 6th grader!

That is SICK and he is a rapist pedophile. The comparisons to other "deadbeat dads" are silly.

He is worse than Michael Vick IMO