PDA

View Full Version : Camby opts out... Blount exercises option...

Ultimate Frisbee
06-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Any thoughts???

Would they fit with the Pacers?... Would you like them?

and lastly..

Are they worth giving long-term contracts to?

MSA2CF
06-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Camby might fit in, but he won't come here.
Blount might fit in, but he won't come here.

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I don't see alot of teams dying to take Camby on for almost 8 million a year , he is slated to make 7.75 million for next season with the Nuggets.

Blount , dunno if he would come here or fit into our system, he's probably look for alittle more $$ also.

Snickers
06-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Camby would be great, but he'll probably get a huge contract with a lousy team.

Blount is a hard worker, kind of like Jeff, but I think a bit more of a natural 5. He'd be a nice addition, and we may actually have a chance at him.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Good point... we probably can't afford Camby...

Kegboy
06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Camby can't come here. Everytime he walks into Conseco, he gets hurt.

LAPacer
06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
I pass on Camby. He has too many offcourt issues.

Hicks
06-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Not really interested in Camby, but Blount could be a decent addition.

MSA2CF
06-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Camby can't come here. Everytime he walks into Conseco, he gets hurt.

:laugh:...You must have read my mind. :o

SkipperZ
06-09-2004, 05:13 PM
A healthy Camby would be great for this team...

Unless we cleared a hell of a lot of space, we just dont have the money

naptownmenace
06-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Are we talking about Mark Blount as opposed to Corrie Blount?

If so, Mark would be perfect for the Pacers and considering that he only made 700K or so last year, the P's might be able to pick him up for 2 or 3 mill. He's a true center and has more size than anyone on the Pacers squad (He's over 270). He's extremely efficient offensively and a good post defender as well.

sweabs
06-11-2004, 10:16 AM

If so, Mark would be perfect for the Pacers and considering that he only made 700K or so last year, the P's might be able to pick him up for 2 or 3 mill. He's a true center and has more size than anyone on the Pacers squad (He's over 270). He's extremely efficient offensively and a good post defender as well.

Yes Mark Blount...the Raptors are in love with Corie Blount :laugh: :rolleyes:

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 01:45 PM

Yeah... Mark is the one who exercised his option...

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:51 PM
From what I was reading yesterday Blount hasn't offically opted out yet , but is expected to soon.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 01:57 PM
From what I was reading yesterday Blount hasn't offically opted out yet , but is expected to soon.

That is probably true... I'm not even sure if you are able to opt out yet... He probably just announced that he would... I can't find where i saw this though!!!

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Yes you can Opt out , Players only Have til June 30th then I don't think they can opt out after that.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Yes you can Opt out , Players only Have til June 30th then I don't think they can opt out after that.

cool... thanks!

TheSauceMaster
06-11-2004, 02:00 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2004/06/09/blount_will_take_a_shot_at_free_agency/

Mark Blount will officially exercise an option in his contract this week, making him a free agent and making the Celtics one of many teams interested in his services, his agent said yesterday.
ADVERTISEMENT

"He's already notified that he intends to exercise the option," said Mark Bartelstein. "We'll do it before the end of the week."

Celtics executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge, who was in Chicago for the predraft camp, said, "It's the right move for Mark Blount."

Blount is doing the Celtics a small favor with the timing. He has until June 30 to exercise the option, but by doing so this week, he will remove himself from the Boston roster as one of the eight players who would likely be protected in the upcoming expansion draft to stock the new Charlotte Bobcats.

All teams save the Pistons and Lakers must have their lists submitted by Saturday. Free agents cannot be protected, so Blount will not be on the Celtics' list.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Ah.. so this might be just another scam to allow Boston to keep an extra player?

Probably not as much as with Camby, who is almost certain to sign with Denver again..