PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats fire first-year coach Vincent

indyblue47
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8074702/Bobcats-fire-first-year-coach-Vincent

Bobcats fire first-year coach Vincent
Associated Press
Updated: April 26, 2008, 9:20 AM EST

- The Charlotte Bobcats have fired coach Sam Vincent after one season.

The team announced the move Saturday. The fourth-year franchise had hoped to make the playoffs for the first time this season. But the Bobcats went 32-50, and that put Vincent's job in jeopardy.

Part-owner Michael Jordan had taken a gamble in hiring Vincent. Vincent had never been an NBA head coach and had spent just one year in the league as an assistant.

Kegboy
04-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Leonard Hamilton, part 2. Wonder if he can get Collins to come back again.

Kofi
04-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Larry Brown is on his way. I can't blame him, the Bobcats have a nice talent level, they just need a coach to put it all together.

idioteque
04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I expected more from the Bobcats this year. When you think about it through, their drafting as a franchise has been remarkably average at best when you look at where they've drafted.

grace
04-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Larry Brown is on his way. I can't blame him, the Bobcats have a nice talent level, they just need a coach to put it all together.

More like they need a training staff that can keep their team healthy.

Of all the jobs that are available I'd say Charlotte is the least likely one Larry Brown would take.

Shade
04-26-2008, 12:15 PM
More like they need a training staff that can keep their team healthy.

Of all the jobs that are available I'd say Charlotte is the least likely one Larry Brown would take.

Larry has burned so many bridges that Charlotte may be about his only real choice at this point.

idioteque
04-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Larry would possibly elevate the Bobcats to the next level, if they draft correctly (which with MJ having input into who they draft, they won't). But his screaming will wear off in a few years and I can't see them winning more than like 45 games under him, best case scenario if they draft well.

Eindar
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't know, the talent they have in their starting lineup is good, it's not great. And I'm not a fan of their bench. At all. That said, they've still got more talent than we did this year, once you take out Jamaal and Jermaine.

I just get a chuckle every time I think of Michael Jordan saying: "How DARE you get only 32 wins out of this 37 win team?!?"

Shade
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
I wonder how much Larry will end up milking the Bobbys for. Dude has a way of getting way more than he's worth, even when he's not working there anymore.

Roaming Gnome
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
I wonder how much Larry will end up milking the Bobbys for. Dude has a way of getting way more than he's worth, even when he's not working there anymore.

It will be interesting because Bob Johnson is pretty thrifty, er...cheap!

I wouldn't be suprised if Brown can get these guys moving in the right direction. Seems like a lot fewer a-holes on the Charlotte roster then what was on that Knicks roster.

Unclebuck
04-28-2008, 08:59 AM
If they get larry Brown and if they stay reasonably healthy - they will make the playoffs next season and after midseason the Bobcats will be as good as a 50 win team. - That is just how much respect I have for Larry Brown

grace
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
They've never been healthy so I don't see why they'd start now.

andreialta
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Paul Silas wants in on the Bobcats job too right? i heard he said that i would be a dream job or something like that