PDA

View Full Version : Wishing Reggie had joined the Celtics?

the regginator
04-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Anyone else find themselves thinking about this as the Celtics tear through the Hawks? I was 100% opposed to Reggie coming back at all, especially with a team and city that I can't stand, but I'll admit I was starting to warm up to the idea just before Reggie finally made his decision. At that point I was prepared to watch games just to cheer for Reggie, but against the Celtics as a whole.

At this point I don't feel strongly about any of the teams that will still be in the playoffs by next week...and I'm beginning to feel like I actually could have gotten excited to watch Reggie back in the playoffs with KG, competing for a ring, even though he would be in a reserve role..

enough with my blog...anyone else feel similarly? totally opposed?

MyFavMartin
04-26-2008, 02:45 AM
I would have felt if he could have played for the Celtics, then he could have continued to play for the Pacers instead of retiring. I was glad that he remembered why he retired in the first place and that he went out "on top"... being a starter and before his game diminished terribly. He was starting to show signs at the end but was a consummate pro and a great Indiana icon. I would have been upset to see him come out of retirement to play for another team.

But would I have blamed him?

Not for playing with that team... KG, Ray Allen, and Pierce...

I would have had trouble saying no thank you as well.

Pacersfan46
04-26-2008, 07:03 AM
I was for it from day one, and I still wish he would have. I wonder how he feels.

-- Steve --

BBALL56HACKER
04-26-2008, 07:52 AM
NO !

Mourning
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Nope.

BlueNGold
04-26-2008, 08:44 AM
My reaction is, go for it Reggie. You gave everything to this organization and if anything it failed you. So, I would never blame him.

But I have to admit it would probably bother me a bit if he won a championship while wearing green.

So, overall I'm not disappointed he chose not to join the Celtics.

Erik
04-26-2008, 09:13 AM
No, only because it's a Boston team.

grace
04-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I never wanted him to do it. If they win I will feel kind of bad for him that he didn't do it, but since Kegboy still swears they're not going to win I guess I don't have anything to worry about.

Kegboy
04-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Just the thought of Reggie wearing a Celtics jersey makes me want to throw up. So, um, no.

As fans we have no right to tell him what to do, but I'm sure glad he didn't.

Hicks
04-26-2008, 11:10 AM
No.

IF he'd come back, I'd still root for him because I love the guy, but I'd also be upset because I thought he retired because he wanted to go out while he could still be Reggie Miller. Then to find 3 years later he could have been playing at least 3 more years in Indiana? Only to then go Mitch Richmond 2001 with one of the NBA's darling franchises after always playing his *** off to try to stick it to THOSE SAME KINDS OF FRANCHISES? No, thank you.

idioteque
04-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I haven't thought about it, but I am wondering if Reggie is. I didn't have a strong opinion for Reggie going there or not, if he would have, good for him, but for one reason or another he wasn't completely comfortable doing it. As a fan I don't have the responsibility or "privilege" to tell a man twice my age what to do. I just hope that he is happy with his decision.

Infinite MAN_force
04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
thank god he didn't.

Shade
04-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Absolutely not.

It would have made him a sell-out and a hypocrite, and he would have thrown out a rare achievement (playing for only one team in his 18-year career) for a CHANCE to win a title for an entirely different group of fans (a lot of which are bandwagon riders right now).

It would have been HORRIBLE.

mildlysane
04-26-2008, 12:54 PM
No. The way it is now, only the Pacers fans have a claim to Reggie and his legacy. If he would have came back, then stupid Boston fans would have a claim, especially if he had a key role in a championship (last second heroics).

OnlyPacersLeft
04-26-2008, 06:20 PM
uh no...reggie was always a pacer...him in any other uniform would have made me puke...

Hoop
04-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Just the thought of Reggie wearing a Celtics jersey makes me want to throw up. So, um, no.

As fans we have no right to tell him what to do, but I'm sure glad he didn't.

Absolutely not.

It would have made him a sell-out and a hypocrite, and he would have thrown out a rare achievement (playing for only one team in his 18-year career) for a CHANCE to win a title for an entirely different group of fans (a lot of which are bandwagon riders right now).

It would have been HORRIBLE.

Exactly!

Ownagedood
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Not one bit.. I would have been pretty upset/sad if he came back for another team.. It would be really tough to see him suit up for someone else.

AesopRockOn
04-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Would have been heartbreaking, especially considering the Pacers' state.

Naptown_Seth
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
NO.

no, no, no, no, no, no, never, no

Kemo
04-28-2008, 01:36 AM
I would personally love to see Reggie come back to the Pacer's in some capacity.. to where he could help develop our players.. and instill his knowledge of the game to our guys.. I think he would be a very good asset .. plus just seeing him on the bench cheering our team on ,would be a joyous moment

Although it is nice to daydream of the "what if's" and imagine Reggie on our current team with Dun , Granger , Diener and O'Neal ... even in a reserve role only playing 20 mpg.. I would be giddy..

but we know there is more of a chance of wilt chamberlain playing again... than Reggie suiting up lol

Oneal07
04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
NO. . .Celtics are playing so slack right now, I have to see how they bounce back from that loss the other night

NuffSaid
04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
No...and yes.

No, because as both a Reggie Miller and Pacers fan it would have been very difficult for me to see him as anything other than a sell-out and an "enemy" and I wouldn't want to see him as either.

Yes, because you always want the very best for ... the very best or at least one of them. Still, I'd have wanted him to give the Pacers first dibbs then sign with another team. At least that way he could have said he gave us one last chance before truly moving on.