PDA

View Full Version : 2008 PD Pacers awards show- Reggie Miller award (favorite Pacer)

Kstat
04-25-2008, 08:17 PM
This is very simple. Who is your favorite member of the Indiana Pacers 2008 roster? It could be the leading scorer or the 12th man. This is the player you think exemplifies the kind of player you want to see on the Indiana Pacers.

LG33
04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
You totally butchered the word "Indiana", but DG for sure.

Hicks
04-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Gift

Trader Joe
04-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Danny.

croz24
04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
why no "none of the above" option?

Kegboy
04-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Okay, seriously, if I don't like anyone on our roster, what am I supposed to do?

If only Courtney Sims was an option. And that's really saying something considering he went to UM.

Ownagedood
04-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Running away with it in my book.. Granger.

grace
04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Andre Owens. Because in this day and age the best Pacer is the one you don't even realize is on the team.

SycamoreKen
04-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Came down to Jeff and Danny, so I went young. Hard to vote really when the only game i saw was the last quarter of the 1st Spurs game.

Robertmto
04-25-2008, 11:49 PM
License plate say Florida...Lime Green Charger

Q6

t1hs0n
04-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Owens 'cause I went to the same senior prom as him.

idioteque
04-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't understand the overt negativity. It's not like we're Memphis and we lost all of our games year and have owners that aren't committed to doing anything but shedding salary. Even with two years of not making the playoffs we're still spoiled fans.

Danny Granger, btw.

Shade
04-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Danny.

Shawne is my #2. Dun #3. Nobody else is even close after that.

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Danny.

Shawne is my #2. Dun #3. Nobody else is even close after that.

Not even Jeff Foster, Shadigans?

pig norton
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Tough question,I voted for Jeff Foster over Danny Granger, but just barely.

AesopRockOn
04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Haha, Andre Owens is beating Jermaine; looks like the fans have spoken. Owens gets the max!

Naptown_Seth
04-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Not even Jeff Foster, Shadigans?
Ditto.

That's some bad azz memory for Shade. I know Jeff isn't a star guy, but in his role he's a huge win. I'd expect this vote to be just about Danny, Jeff and Dun. I'm a fan of Shawne too, but he's not at "fav" status just yet.

The bigger issue here is JO's status. Not that it's wrong or a surprise, but just the black and white fact that he's fallen so far. Dude has the most AS noms of any Pacer ever and now he can't sniff 3rd place in the fav Pacer award....and it's not because of off court trouble either.

Not only that but the guy clearly did come back in a support role rather than demanding starting time and shots and did get right back to leading the way with charge taking and inside defense. You take money out of the equation and this guy is someone you think "I wish he'd play more".

And yet the general vibe is that people are sick of him. I understand the reasoning, but you have to wonder if it hasn't gone too far to the anti-extreme.

Or maybe he's 2nd/3rd on a lot of lists? Somehow I doubt it. But wouldn't it be nice to see him stay with the team and EARN back that popularity vote? That would be a win-win for us and him.

Infinite MAN_force
04-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Ditto.

That's some bad azz memory for Shade. I know Jeff isn't a star guy, but in his role he's a huge win. I'd expect this vote to be just about Danny, Jeff and Dun. I'm a fan of Shawne too, but he's not at "fav" status just yet.

The bigger issue here is JO's status. Not that it's wrong or a surprise, but just the black and white fact that he's fallen so far. Dude has the most AS noms of any Pacer ever and now he can't sniff 3rd place in the fav Pacer award....and it's not because of off court trouble either.

Not only that but the guy clearly did come back in a support role rather than demanding starting time and shots and did get right back to leading the way with charge taking and inside defense. You take money out of the equation and this guy is someone you think "I wish he'd play more".

And yet the general vibe is that people are sick of him. I understand the reasoning, but you have to wonder if it hasn't gone too far to the anti-extreme.

Or maybe he's 2nd/3rd on a lot of lists? Somehow I doubt it. But wouldn't it be nice to see him stay with the team and EARN back that popularity vote? That would be a win-win for us and him.

He can always opt out and resign for half the money, I think he would be pretty popular than.

I don't think it is feasable to hold on to that contract for any reason really. Good play will eqaute to better trade value.

Unclebuck
04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
I decide which player is my favorite by asking myself which player do I enjoy watching the most. And this past season it was without question - Jeff Foster. I have always loved hustle players, and that is what he is. There were times this past season where Jeff was almost the only reason why I wanted to watch the Pacers