PDA

View Full Version : I was at the Palace for game 2 (I'm serious)........

Kstat
06-09-2004, 01:39 AM
about 15,000 people came to watch the game on the big screen at the Palace. Really cool for a road game. We filled the whole lower bowl and half of the uppser bowl. The Laker hatred reach its peak near halftime when the chants went from "beat LA" to "**** LA" I swear it was louder than the freaking staples center.

As for the few LAKER fans that adred to show up.....bthey were beaten severely. No, I'm not kidding. A few guys were running up the aisles waving Kobe Bryant Jerseys and yelling "Pistons suck" at every row. Hey, I admire the fandom, but in a crowd of PISTON fans? Thats just stupid. Needless to say, a few guys got tired of them near halftime and brawled with them. The cpos came and tossed the Laker fans out..dunno if the Pistons fan got the boot too....

We had a HUGE party going near the end until Kobe's shot.....man, everyone just got silent. Still, it was a memorable experience.

Did you guys do something similar in 200?

JOneal7
06-09-2004, 01:41 AM
still don't believe they didn't foul!

sweabs
06-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Don't wanna hijack the thread - but is your signature for real JOneal7?

Roaming Gnome
06-09-2004, 01:48 AM
Did you guys do something similar in 2000

Yeah, the NBC affiliate set up huge screens up across the street from the Fieldhouse on home games durring the Fieldhouse. Durring the games at LA, they had the games showing on the jumbotron in the Fieldhouse. The lower bowl and club levels were filled on those nights.

Roaming Gnome
06-09-2004, 01:50 AM
Don't wanna hijack the thread - but is your signature for real JOneal7?

On J'oneal7's sig line...
:hippie: Man, set the one hitter down and slowly back away! :hippie:

Sorry if that was a little harsh, but that is beyond a strech!!! :o

JOneal7
06-09-2004, 02:03 AM
you people are jealous of reece gaines! Ask john weisbrod! ask Gabriel! ask doc rivers! He is the best! I'd take him over josh howard any day! I'd also take jeryl sasser over tony parker and gilbert arenas. Did mention I love steven hunter? yeah.

t-Bone
06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
As for the few LAKER fans that adred to show up.....bthey were beaten severely. No, I'm not kidding. A few guys were running up the aisles waving Kobe Bryant Jerseys and yelling "Pistons suck" at every row. Hey, I admire the fandom, but in a crowd of PISTON fans? Thats just stupid.

isn't that what fans in opposing arenas are supposed to do? :)

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 03:39 AM
As for the few LAKER fans that adred to show up.....bthey were beaten severely. No, I'm not kidding. A few guys were running up the aisles waving Kobe Bryant Jerseys and yelling "Pistons suck" at every row. Hey, I admire the fandom, but in a crowd of PISTON fans? Thats just stupid.

So we should have thrown all the rude *** pistons fans outta Conseco in Game 5 ? Intresting :unimpressed:

sweabs
06-09-2004, 09:10 AM

So we should have thrown all the rude *** pistons fans outta Conseco in Game 5 ? Intresting :unimpressed:

Nooooo...what are you thinking???

You just can't be rude towards PISTONS fans - anyone else would be acceptable though :unimpressed: .

Kstat
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM

First of all, I didn't have a problem with it. I just thought it was STUPID. Two guys, in a crowd of 15,000 pistons fans? Hey, thats just asking to get your *** kicked. Bring some backup with you if you're going to be running up and down the aisles like that.

Fool
06-09-2004, 11:44 AM
And yes, you should have done something to the Piston fans instead of getting out-cheered in your own stadium in the ECF.

sweabs
06-09-2004, 03:08 PM
And yes, you should have done something to the Piston fans instead of getting out-cheered in your own stadium in the ECF.

What are you suggesting?

Fool
06-09-2004, 03:13 PM
I suggested nothing and am suggesting nothing. I am saying you should have done something to not get out cheered at your home in the ECF, just like I said.

Suaveness
06-09-2004, 03:26 PM
I suggested nothing and am suggesting nothing. I am saying you should have done something to not get out cheered at your home in the ECF, just like I said.

You mean gang up on people and beat them up? Sorry, that is just wrong.

sweabs
06-09-2004, 03:37 PM

:shakehead:
Right.........

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 03:53 PM

I wasn't mad because we got out cheered ..it was the rudeness of the fans and personally I am one person I can't make 18,000+ people cheer if they don't want too.

RWB
06-09-2004, 03:57 PM
I think the Pacer fans mellowed or felt the need to be less rowdy after the one Bulls fan got stabbed at MSA.

t-Bone
06-09-2004, 04:04 PM
I think the Pacer fans mellowed or felt the need to be less rowdy after the one Bulls fan got stabbed at MSA.

what?

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 04:05 PM

Maybe so , that seems so long ago , but then again almost like yesterday

Fool
06-09-2004, 05:09 PM

:shakehead:
Right.........

I'm not quite sure what that means. I'm not saying jump somebody, I'm not saying don't jump somebody. I'm saying don't get out cheered in your own arena. If I were to suggest anything it would be selling out your arena before Piston fans had the chance to buy large numbers of tickets and have fans that would rather go to the game then sell their tickets to opposing team fans, oh and maybe, CHEERING LOUDLY.

As for the jerks partying after the game, well I understand there is little anyone but the security guards can do about that.

ChicagoJ
06-09-2004, 05:31 PM

We've started to talk about this... I don't really remember all the facts, but I believe this particular 'fan' of the Bulls was particuarly imtimidating to Pacers fans on the runways down from the sixth floor of MSA when someone 'snapped.'

Was there ever an arrest? I seem to recall that the witnesses didn't say much?

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 05:46 PM

We've started to talk about this... I don't really remember all the facts, but I believe this particular 'fan' of the Bulls was particuarly imtimidating to Pacers fans on the runways down from the sixth floor of MSA when someone 'snapped.'

Was there ever an arrest? I seem to recall that the witnesses didn't say much?

I don't think there was a Arrest , I don't think they had enough evidence or something , witness wouldn't talk ...was something crazy.