4: :raiders: - Arkansas RB Darren McFadden
5: :chiefs: - LSU DT Glenn Dorsey
6: :jets: - Ohio State DE Vernon Gholston
7: :patriots: - :saints: from :patriots: USC DT Sedrick Ellis
8: :ravens: - :jaguars: from :ravens: Florida DE Derrick Harvey
9: :bengals: - USC OLB Keith Rivers
10: :saints:- :patriots: from :saints: Tennessee OLB Jerod Mayo

:colts: Indianapolis Colts Draft Picks :colts: :

Round 2 - 28 - Arizona State C Mike Pollak http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=504
Round 3 - 30 - Ga Tech LB Philip Wheeler http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=505
Round 4 - 28 - Kentuck TE Jacob Tamme http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=506
Round 5 - 26 - Georgia LB Marcus Howard http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=507
Round 6 - 30 - Virginia TE Tom Santi http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=#
Round 6 - 35 (Compensatory selection) - Wake Forest C Steven Justice http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=#
Round 6 - 36 (Compensatory selection) - Michigan RB Mike Hart http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=#
Round 6 - 39 (Compensatory selection) - Mount Union WR Pierre Garcon http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=#
Round 7 - 29 - Buffalo C Jamey Richard http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=#

Time: 3 PM EDT

Television:http://usera.imagecave.com/blb718/networkLogo_espn.gif , NFL Network

Hicks
04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
What position do you think we'll take with our top pick?

Lord Helmet
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
What position do you think we'll take with our top pick?
I really have no clue. We'll probably just take best available overall.

I think we need to get some DE's and OT's, though.

Playoffs are all about the trenches, baby.

Kraft
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Alright, who's setting their alarm for 5 p.m. on Sunday for the four picks in 10 minutes? Just watch: They'll all start at some point next season.

Jonathan
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
The Colts have a report card on players and they will take the best available. It will be interesting to see if we draft on need over best available. Our biggest need is pass rush, but with this Kenton Keith arrest we might go RB.

What upsets me is the following scenerio if we go RB and then cut ties with Keith all casual sports fans will say why can't the Pacers cut Tinsley not knowing the difference in contracts b/t the two leagues.

Isaac
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Players on my wish list:

OLB- Xavier Adibi
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Matt Forte
OG- Roy Schuening
OG- Kirk Barton
WR- William Franklin
DE- Chris Ellis

For the late rounds:
WR- Mario Urrutia
WR- Adarius Bowman
DE- Darrel Robertson
RB- Allen Patrick
OLB- Curtis Johnson

Moses
04-22-2008, 03:09 PM
You can go ahead and pencil in Jake Long for the #1 overall pick with the Dolphins. ESPN is reporting he agreed on a deal with the Dolphins to be their pick.

travmil
04-23-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm drawing on a bit of history here. In the past, Polian has shown that he refuses to let this offense skip a beat. With that in mind, I think the biggest offensive need is to replace Utecht since the Colts run two tight end sets so often, and Fletcher isn't exactly the answer there. Dustin Keller will be long gone so the next best TE's are Martellus Bennett and John Carlson. The Colts usually do exactly the opposite of what I think they will though. Last year I said no way they go WR in the first round (though I correctly called Gonzales if they did). I think my exact words in the 2007 draft thread were something like "I don't see how the Colts take even one WR in this draft", so naturally they go out and pick two.

idioteque
04-23-2008, 11:15 AM
The arrest of some boneheaded backup RB isn't going to change the way the Colts had originally planned to draft.

The Colts need to draft for the trenches, that is where we got killed in the playoffs last year. If our linemen are good enough we'll be able to find a serviceable RB via free agency to back up Addai.

Hicks
04-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Anyone watching this? Has anything interesting or notable happened?

tdubb03
04-26-2008, 06:37 PM
No WRs in the 1st round. Dustin Keller outta Purdue goes 30th to the Jets.

Ravens interestingly took Joe Flacco at 18.

Tracy Porter and James Hardy go back to back, respectively. Porter #40 to New Orleands, Hardy #41 to Buffalo.

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 08:10 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120915463828645643.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

nice article about bill polian in the wall street journal

Ownagedood
04-26-2008, 08:11 PM
about 7 picks away.. Limas Sweed and Ray Rice are still available.. Two guys that will be awesome, imo.. If Rice is still there when we pick we should grab him..

We should probably go OL if there is a solid guy there.. Jags just picked up a pass rusher..

And there goes Sweed..

NapTonius Monk
04-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Any chance we go Henne or Brohm? Either wouldbe an improvement over Sorgi.

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
i think its gonna be manningham. I think there are a few too many needs right now than to look for a backup qb... I think had marvin been a bit healthier and we hadn't seen freeney's injury expose our D, then Maybe maybe a qb but i don't think at this point a qb is necessary.

Ownagedood
04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
My guess would be we pick Jeremy Zuttah.

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 08:37 PM
here we go... we're up

Ownagedood
04-26-2008, 08:41 PM
WTF? We have one of the best centers in the game!?

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 08:41 PM
asu mike pollak?

Ownagedood
04-26-2008, 08:43 PM
My only guess is they are planning on playing him at a different OL position.. We are set at Center.

pwee31
04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
I said that about trading for Ugoh last year, but I've learned to never question Polian.

They'll get the best player they can at a position that is needed

Lord Helmet
04-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Well the Colts with their first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft select, Mike Pollak, Center, from Arizona State.

idioteque
04-26-2008, 08:56 PM
My only guess is they are planning on playing him at a different OL position.. We are set at Center.

Jeff Saturday is getting up there in age. I think maybe they will introduce Pollack to the NFL by putting him at guard for a few years, and when Saturday retires, promoting him to his old college position.

esabyrn333
04-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Pollack also played Guard in high school they moved him to Center at ASU

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Jeff Saturday is getting up there in age. I think maybe they will introduce Pollack to the NFL by putting him at guard for a few years, and when Saturday retires, promoting him to his old college position.

I agree with this - but I don't think that they will wait until Jeff retires, per se - I think they'll wait until his contract is up...

esabyrn333
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I really wanted Early Ducett maybe he will continue to fall and we can get him in the 3rd round.

Rajah Brown
04-26-2008, 09:19 PM
The guy I really wanted at #59 coming into the day was Groves. Seeing
the Jags move up to #52 and snatch him makes it ever worse.

Ownagedood
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Ya, I was thinkin about that too.. Preparing for the future is never a bad thing.

Kaufman
04-26-2008, 09:44 PM
I really wanted Early Ducett maybe he will continue to fall and we can get him in the 3rd round.

Maybe the situation isn't as bad as we thought with Marvin Harrison - or Doucet/Manningham aren't as good as advertised

idioteque
04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I love how people on Indystar are peeing their pants about picking an OL in the first round.

1.) Playoff games are won in the trenches. This is something that a lot of Colts fans don't seem to know or appreciate.

2.) We really, really don't need to use a second round pick to draft a backup RB if we have a solid line

3.) Peyton Manning will get injured if the line sucks. That's not a matter of if.

4.) We could use a DE, yes, but Freeney and Mathis are still pretty good.

5.) Some people are using the fact we have CHARLIE JOHNSON of all people competing for a starting spot as a reason to justify not drafted an OL.

6.) BP may be the best drafter in NFL history.

Hicks
04-27-2008, 12:20 AM
If this guy can step in and start anywhere on our O line, I'm happy (if he deserves it). My lasting impression of our needs since we got ousted in the playoffs was to get (even) better at controlling the line.

SoupIsGood
04-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Love the pick. I'll never complain about taking a big boy high. And now we even have a clear understudy for Saturday.

tdubb03
04-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Charlie Johnson's performed very well when lined up on the interior. I expect him and this Pollak character to compete for the starting G spot. We've been extremely adept the last few years at drafting a year early, coaching guys up, learning the system (especially the audibles), then the guy is ready to step in and play at a high level by his 2nd year. I'll never, ever, doubt Bill Polian. The analysis of him I read on ESPN fits a Colts lineman to a T.

With that said, I really would like to see us get Marcus Howard or Marcus Harrison in round 3. I'd love to see a guy like Xavier Adibi or Tavares Gooden fall to us as well. Stanford Keglar is round 4 or 5 would be sweet.

duke dynamite
04-27-2008, 01:25 AM
When I saw that we drafter a center I flipped out.

"Why do we need a center!?"

Thank goodness for Chris Berhman saying that he was going to play a guard position.

Excellent choice with our first pick. We need all the help we can get at the line. Hopefully this guy knows how to play a silent count.

Robertmto
04-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Skins steal Devin Thomas with the 34 pick. We officially have the fastest receiving core in the league.

Eindar
04-27-2008, 03:59 AM
I love how people on Indystar are peeing their pants about picking an OL in the first round.

1.) Playoff games are won in the trenches. This is something that a lot of Colts fans don't seem to know or appreciate.

2.) We really, really don't need to use a second round pick to draft a backup RB if we have a solid line

3.) Peyton Manning will get injured if the line sucks. That's not a matter of if.

4.) We could use a DE, yes, but Freeney and Mathis are still pretty good.

5.) Some people are using the fact we have CHARLIE JOHNSON of all people competing for a starting spot as a reason to justify not drafted an OL.

6.) BP may be the best drafter in NFL history.

The Colts fans will get it, eventually, but there's nothing sexy about Linemen, and unless you really know the game, you just don't "get it".

They say defense wins championships, but I don't think that's accurate. I think winning the line of scrimmage wins championships, because if you don't win that battle, you cannot win the other battles going on elsewhere on the field. If your offense can't open holes and protect your QB, your running back/QB/WR have to be Hall of Fame caliber to make any impact. Likewise, if your D-Line isn't getting any penetration into the backfield, a decent RB will get at least 3 yards per carry, and a good QB will pick you apart. Case in point: The Chiefs were near the bottom, and may have been dead last in rushing yards per game last year. Their running backs included Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes. Both guys got injured during the year. Also, we gave up more sacks than anyone in the league. That's how you end up with the 5th pick, and all of those things happened because Will Shields and Willie Roaf were no longer with the team.

So what did the Chiefs do? Went out and drafted the best Defensive player in the draft, and then got the 2nd or 3rd best O-line player in the draft, and I was practically doing backflips on my couch. Drafting the best lineman available is rarely ever a bad decision, and it's especially good for the Colts, because while Jeff Saturday is a fantastic Center, he's been with the team forever, and Polian knows that you build for tomorrow, not today.

Also, more kudos to Polian. I thought it was stupid to trade a future 1st for a 2nd to get Ugoh, but looking at where the Colts would have picked this year, there wasn't a guy available that would have helped them this year as much as Ugoh did/will.

Rajah Brown
04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
The issue isn't taking Pollack. Saturday is 33, etc. The only potential
issue (for we second-guessing fans w/ nothing else to do) is doing
so at #59.

Saturday was a free agent signing. All the other G's the Colts have
drafted have typically been grabbed in the 4th-6th round.

D-BONE
04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Completely agree with the controlling the line of scrimmage factor in sustained and post season success. That's why the #59 pick is solid.

At the same time, I'm hoping the lion's share of remaining picks and possibly non-drafted FA invites go to D-liners. We are sorely lacking depth at the DEs and, honestly, could use more depth and/or talent upgrades in the interior D-line. I am particularly concerned about this unit.

SoupIsGood
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM
The Colts fans will get it, eventually, but there's nothing sexy about Linemen, and unless you really know the game, you just don't "get it".

They say defense wins championships, but I don't think that's accurate. I think winning the line of scrimmage wins championships, because if you don't win that battle, you cannot win the other battles going on elsewhere on the field. If your offense can't open holes and protect your QB, your running back/QB/WR have to be Hall of Fame caliber to make any impact. Likewise, if your D-Line isn't getting any penetration into the backfield, a decent RB will get at least 3 yards per carry, and a good QB will pick you apart. Case in point: The Chiefs were near the bottom, and may have been dead last in rushing yards per game last year. Their running backs included Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes. Both guys got injured during the year. Also, we gave up more sacks than anyone in the league. That's how you end up with the 5th pick, and all of those things happened because Will Shields and Willie Roaf were no longer with the team.

So what did the Chiefs do? Went out and drafted the best Defensive player in the draft, and then got the 2nd or 3rd best O-line player in the draft, and I was practically doing backflips on my couch. Drafting the best lineman available is rarely ever a bad decision, and it's especially good for the Colts, because while Jeff Saturday is a fantastic Center, he's been with the team forever, and Polian knows that you build for tomorrow, not today.

Also, more kudos to Polian. I thought it was stupid to trade a future 1st for a 2nd to get Ugoh, but looking at where the Colts would have picked this year, there wasn't a guy available that would have helped them this year as much as Ugoh did/will.

Yes, no doubt, the chiefs had a great draft yesterday. It'll be interesting to see what they do today.

We essentially spent our first and second rounders on the O line yesterday (w/ Ugoh being picked a year early). I'm really excited, because Mudd typically builds good-to-great O lines out of dust. I can't wait to see what kind of line Peyton will have in front of him if we keep investing high picks in the big uglies.

You'd think Colts fans would be excited about building up the O line after our O line essentially won the Superbowl for us. They annihilated the bears, and were huge earlier in the playoffs too. At the very least fans should recognize how much easier great play in the trenches makes it for the skill players.

SoupIsGood
04-27-2008, 08:19 AM

"Why do we need a center!?"

See, I've actually been hoping we'd draft a center for awhile now. What Satuday does on the line is crucial for us, and he's probably only got a year or two (maybe three) left on the team. It's important to have a young guy here to learn from him and eventually take over as center and leader of the O line.

SoupIsGood
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
At the same time, I'm hoping the lion's share of remaining picks and possibly non-drafted FA invites go to D-liners. We are sorely lacking depth at the DEs and, honestly, could use more depth and/or talent upgrades in the interior D-line. I am particularly concerned about this unit.

Agreed. However, the Colts are looking at signing Colvin, supposedly. If we got him I think he would become that 3rd DE pass-rusher we're looking for. From there if we drafted a 4th in say the 6th round as a prospect I'd be happy with the position.

At DT we've got Brock, Dawson, and Pitcock, so I don't think we need to add more than one or two rookies there. If anything a vet signing would be nice to go with that youth. If Dawson or Pitcock learn to rush the passer consistently and take a step up next year, our D-line play will be much improved. (And you gotta figure one of them will improve at least a bit).

I think our biggest need is TE. Peyton/Moore loves the two-TE set, but we won't be using it much with Fletcher as the backup. It'd be nice to snag a TE somewhere today.

esabyrn333
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
ROUND 3 has started we are on pick 75. I hope early Ducet falls to us at 93.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Always trust Polian. I flipped out when we drafted Edgerinn James over Ricky Williams, and look at their respective careers. A couple years later, I agreed with the experts and believed that we reached to take Dwight Freeney.

After those two picks panned out, along with so many other of Polian's picks, I stopped doubting.

Hicks
04-27-2008, 11:14 AM
How've we done today? Have we made any picks?

idioteque
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
How've we done today? Have we made any picks?

Not yet. We pick in about 5 picks. Doucet, who a lot of people wanted, went to Arizona (like they need any more young WR's, they need a QB to throw to them!). I see us going with maybe a blocking-oriented TE.

travmil
04-27-2008, 11:20 AM
I think our biggest need is TE. Peyton/Moore loves the two-TE set, but we won't be using it much with Fletcher as the backup. It'd be nice to snag a TE somewhere today.

I totally agree with this. In fact, if John Carlson had fallen, I wouldn't hav ebeen surprised if the Colts had taken him at 59. I'm bummed to see that Tenn just picked Craig Stevens. He'd have been a great compliment to Dallas, a very tough blocker and will go over the middle and take a hit and hang on to the ball which is something you couldn't count on Utecht for. I would have loved it if he had fallen and the Colts had taken him. With that said Jermichael Finley is probably gonna be there, plays a lot like Stevens but with less experience.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Crap, Finley goes to Green Bay.

Scouts, Inc.'s Ken Moll: Nice pick for the Packers to bolster their offensive line !!

Ugh!

travmil
04-27-2008, 11:24 AM
With that said Jermichael Finley is probably gonna be there, plays a lot like Stevens but with less experience.

And of course, Green Bay snaps him up right on cue.

Joey Haynous is the best blocking TE still available but they could wait and get him in later.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Philip Wheeler (ILB) Georgia Tech is our pick!

What I quickly read up on him showed that he played some DE in college as well.

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wheeler_philip00.html

AT TECH: A tenacious, strong and remarkably athletic inside linebacker... considered by many as one of the nation's best-blitzing linebackers... extremely difficult to knock off his feet... a three-year starter... began his career as an outside linebacker before moving to the middle... was on the 2007 preseason watch list for the Bednarik, Nagurski and Lombardi awards... has 38 career starts including 27 consecutive... played in 51 career games... selected to play in the Senior Bowl, where he made three solo tackles.

We need more players that can disrupt the line of scrimmage on defense. This seems like a very good pick.

travmil
04-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Wheeler is a strange pick with a similar and better player in Adibi still on the board. Time has told me to trust in Polian though.

Maybe New England will snap up Adibi to add even more youth to their ancient LB corps.

Nope looks like they were looking for someone that will comfortably allow them to take out Brady with a 41 point lead in the 4th.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 11:37 AM
NE drafts a QB...interesting.

If Abidi was that good, I think they would have taken him there, they need LB help.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Do they cut the pick time down at all in the 4th round?

See you guys when it gets closer to our pick.

Kstat
04-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Purdue fans: What's the word on Cliff Avril?

DGPR
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM

His last name in French means April. :cool:

travmil
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM

I'm no PU fan but...

He's a versatile OLB/DE type. I saw him play in person twice, and on TV a handful of times. Pretty good pass rusher on the end, but I would imagine the Lions will use him at LB which he's better at anyway. Pretty good value to get him so far down I think.

Kraft
04-27-2008, 12:19 PM

I thought he really figured out how to play with his hand down a lot more than in his senior year compared to his junior campaign. He's always been a guy that creates a little havoc, but wasn't as productive as Anthony Spencer was before him.

I suppose it depends on what the Lions are going to do with him. I'm not sure he'll ever be a full-time starter at end. But he's got a really good motor and doesn't give up on plays. At linebacker, where he played his first two years, I think he'd strictly be a stand-up rush guy. He just wasn't much for coverage. Solid tackler, though.

Really good at pursuit from behind (no jokes, please).

Never had an off-the-field problem that I remember.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 01:15 PM
4th round selection: Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky

He got his college degree in 3 years and is on track to earning an MBA!

From Wikipedia.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Tamme

As a redshirt freshman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_freshman), he played in all 11 games for the Kentucky Wildcats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Wildcats). He started three games at wide receiver before moving to his more natural position of tight end for the season-ending game at Tennessee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Volunteers_football). For the season, he had 16 catches for 161 yards, third on the team that year. He was also named to the SEC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Conference) Academic Honor Roll for excellent work in the classroom.
As a sophomore, he played in all 11 games, starting 10. He was second on the team in pass receptions with 29 catches for 253 yards and one touchdown. On special teams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_teams), he blocked punts vs. Louisville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisville_Cardinals_football) and Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Gators_football). He also earned a slot on the SEC Academic Honor Roll for the second straight year.
As a junior, he was voted to the All-SEC first team by the SEC coaches and the Associated Press. He led SEC tight ends in receptions with 32, netting 386 receiving yards and two touchdowns. He made the SEC Academic Honor Roll for the third year in a row.
As a senior, he had 56 receptions for 619 yards and six touchdowns. For the second year in a row, he earned first-team All-SEC honors from both the Assoicated Press (unanimous decision) and coaches polls.
Jacob finished his career as Kentucky’s all-time top pass-catching tight end and 2nd in the history of the SEC tight ends with 133 catches for 1,417 yards.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 01:33 PM
You know, it would be interesting if the Colts took Colt Brennan in the 6th round with our of our four picks if he is available. He may pan out better than Sorgi and from what little I know about the UH offensive system, it emphasizes downfield passing and the Colts would have the recievers around him to make him a decent backup.

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
You know, it would be interesting if the Colts took Colt Brennan in the 6th round with our of our four picks if he is available. He may pan out better than Sorgi and from what little I know about the UH offensive system, it emphasizes downfield passing and the Colts would have the recievers around him to make him a decent backup.

John David Booty from USC and Woodson from UK are both still there and thought to have a lot more arm strength and athletic ability than Brennan.

Booty's slide is pretty amazing, really.

I'm not sure what to make of NE picking a project QB in the 3rd round, other than that maybe they are deep enough that they think anybodt after round 4 is a real long shot to make the team, so anybody at any position that you really want, even backup/3rd string QB, ought to be picked before then.

Kraft
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
You know what I like about how the Colts draft? Fans can ask for this and want that, or love some player. But when the day is over, at least for the past handful of years, Polian drafts always make sense.

And, what I love even more, is that these drafts are always forward-thinking. No starting guard, older Saturday? Find the replacement beforehand. Not-so-young Gary Brackett, no backup. Get a guy in there.

The tight end can play immediately.

I stopped trying to disect Polian's motives a few years ago. It was easier to just enjoy the game while we have an outstanding GM. I really had zero expectations this year. You know, maybe I would've liked a punter ...

Kraft
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
John David Booty from USC and Woodson from UK are both still there and thought to have a lot more arm strength and athletic ability than Brennan.

Booty's slide is pretty amazing, really.

Anybody else you want to help get picked?

Kraft
04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh, wow, quote of the day by Jaws (or Mort?):

There is hardly any downside with Booty.

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
there went Booty, to Minnesota...

btowncolt
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure what to make of NE picking a project QB in the 3rd round, other than that maybe they are deep enough that they think anybodt after round 4 is a real long shot to make the team, so anybody at any position that you really want, even backup/3rd string QB, ought to be picked before then.

My guess - and it's only my guess based on really nothing - is three fold. First, your point it probably right - that's a team that cut every pick but their first rounder last year and just doesn't have much roster room.

Secondly, Cassel is probably gone after this next year and you want to have someone with a little familiarity in the system behind Brady at all times.

Third, and I think most significantly, is they're doing the old Ron Wolf maneuver. If you have a team with a tremendous offensive system and not a ton of needs, take an intriguing QB prospect, coach him up for a year or two, run him out there for a pre-season game against a crappy team and see if he plays well - then find a team desperate for a young QB that needs to sell the fans on a new franchise savior - and trade your former 3rd round pick that you don't really need for a future 1st or 2nd rounder in a year you think the draft is deep. Think Aaron Brooks or Matt Hasslebeck.

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Anybody else you want to help get picked?

Mike Hart?

He is due...

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2008, 02:12 PM
lol at the profile of the big guy the Bengals just picked:

below average technique. Conditioning and stamina are poor. He wears down too quickly and winds up taking too many plays off when tired. He will look sluggish coming out of his stance and he loses most of his power when he fails to play with leverage. He has a history of cramping up and not finishing games. Suffered an injury midway through 2005 that limited him during the second half of that season, sustained a concussion in 2007 and durability is a concern. Suspended two games for conduct detrimental to the team in late August, suspended from school in October following an arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, reinstated in mid November but dismissed from team after getting cited for suspicion of driving with a suspended license and expired registration and appeared in only three games during senior season so character is clearly a concern.

The Bengals just don't get this whole "character matters" idea

Merz
04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm no PU fan but...

He's a versatile OLB/DE type. I saw him play in person twice, and on TV a handful of times. Pretty good pass rusher on the end, but I would imagine the Lions will use him at LB which he's better at anyway. Pretty good value to get him so far down I think.

Isn't Rob Maranelli a disciple of Dungy? If he is, I'm sure Avril will be a DE.

Rajah Brown
04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Adibi was never heading to NE. His only fit at the NFL level is as
a Cover-2, WILL backer. He's too small for the Pats 3-4 scheme.

Hicks
04-27-2008, 02:43 PM
lol at the profile of the big guy the Bengals just picked:

below average technique. Conditioning and stamina are poor. He wears down too quickly and winds up taking too many plays off when tired. He will look sluggish coming out of his stance and he loses most of his power when he fails to play with leverage. He has a history of cramping up and not finishing games. Suffered an injury midway through 2005 that limited him during the second half of that season, sustained a concussion in 2007 and durability is a concern. Suspended two games for conduct detrimental to the team in late August, suspended from school in October following an arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, reinstated in mid November but dismissed from team after getting cited for suspicion of driving with a suspended license and expired registration and appeared in only three games during senior season so character is clearly a concern.

The Bengals just don't get this whole "character matters" idea

Wow that's sad.

Moses
04-27-2008, 02:55 PM
there went Booty, to Minnesota...
An excellent pick by the Vikes. I think he instantly steps in as the #2 guy behind Tavaris Jackson above Frerotte. After a couple weeks of Jackson throwing some "jump" passes, Booty will probably be starting for the Vikes.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 03:04 PM
That would be like the Pacers drafting Mayo...

With the 161st pick the Colts select Marcus Howard, OLB, Georgia, kind of surprises me really, I thought they were relatively happy with our corps.

Kraft
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Colts' 5th rounder: Marcus Howard, DE/OLB, Georgia (and I assume he's an end here)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=12183&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d12183

Overall: Howard arrived at Georgia in 2003 and redshirted his first year. In his first season with the Bulldogs (2004), he played strong-side linebacker and appeared in 11 games, recording three tackles. He was moved to defensive end in 2005, and over the next two seasons he played in all 25 games, turning in 35 tackles (1.5 for losses, all sacks) and a forced fumble. He finally cracked the lineup as a senior in 2007, starting all 13 games and finishing the season with 41 tackles (12 for losses), 10.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and three pass breakups. Howard isn't big enough to stay at end where he lined up last year and there are even some concerns about his ability to anchor against the run at outside linebacker. That being said, he has rare upside because of his excellent top-end speed and above-average explosiveness.

BigDawg44
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah boi! two years in a row the Colts have taken a Georgia Dawg. hopefully i can meet him this summer around the offices, since i got my internship with the colts.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
The "experts" say Howard isn't big enough to be an end but I'm not worried about that. These are the same people who questioned the size of both Freeney and Mathis.

Moses
04-27-2008, 03:31 PM
The "experts" say Howard isn't big enough to be an end but I'm not worried about that. These are the same people who questioned the size of both Freeney and Mathis.
I wouldn't compare him to Freeney, but Howard will fit in perfectly as a depth guy for the first few years behind Mathis and Freeney. If you want to watch any film of Howard dominating, just watch the 08 Sugar Bowl.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't compare him to Freeney, but Howard will fit in perfectly as a depth guy for the first few years behind Mathis and Freeney. If you want to watch any film of Howard dominating, just watch the 08 Sugar Bowl.

I don't think this guy will ever be as talented as Freeney, but his size doesn't dissuade me from thinking he will reach his potential, whatever that may be.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Brennan to the Redskins.

Suaveness
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
A second TE...

Kraft
04-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Colts' fist sixth-rounder: Tom (Michael?) Santi, TE, Virginia (if I'm Bryan Fletcher, I'm worried)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=23738&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d23738

Overall: Santi appeared in 34 games (20 starts) in his first three seasons at Virginia (2004-06), compiling 61 receptions for 766 yards (12.6 average) and three touchdowns. As a senior, he started in eight of 12 games and had 36 catches for 418 yards (11.6 average) and three touchdowns. He also played some fullback and contributed on special teams during his career with the Cavaliers. Santi missed one game in 2005 because of an injury and another in 2007 because of an ankle sprain. Santi isn't a strong drive blocker and he isn't going to make many highlight reels so he projects as a seventh round pick or rookie free agent. That being said, he has the potential to develop into a valuable backup because he is versatile, he's a reliable short-to-intermediate receiver and he's big enough to develop into an effective blocker.

Infinite MAN_force
04-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Looks like we just found our utecht replacement.

Tom Santi - pick 196 .... 6-4, 248 pounds

Taking advantage of Al Groh's reliance on the tight ends as the primary receiving outlet in his Virginia offense, Santi enjoyed a breakout senior campaign in 2007. Though blessed with good size, Santi isn't going to wow anyone with his athleticism. His consistency as a short- and medium-range receiver and high effort blocker, however, makes him a solid late-round prospect who could stick with a club.

Ownagedood
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Two TE's? Thats strange.. Wonder what Polian is thinkin..

Ownagedood
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
And now ANOTHER CENTER?? What? lol.. he must have a lot in mind..

Ownagedood
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
MIKE HART!! I love that guy. He can share time with Addai instead of Keith.

Lol, 20 picks ago, I was like wow, Hart is still on the board.. I wish we could get him.. and here he is fallin' to us.

Infinite MAN_force

Utecht is gone and fletcher is almost up for a new contract and has no upside...

Suaveness
ANOTHER C...

...but we got Mike Hart!

Infinite MAN_force
04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
The talking heads on espn seem to think Mike Hart is a pretty good pick for us.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM

I think what Polian is thinking is that the guy that we got from Kentucky seems to be more of a receiving TE (ESPN describes him as a "overgrown WR) while this guy from Virginia is more of a blocker that you put in to help control the trenches.

At this point in the draft, Mike Hart is an absolute steal. Yes, he's undersized, but he'll have a great line to run behind in Indy. He also has a GREAT attitude and competitive spirit (I watched a lot of Michigan this year) and that alone makes me like him more than Kenton Keith, who constantly complained. Plus it's hard to argue with his stats in the Big Ten.

People will be put off by Justice because we drafted two C's, but he won't be a C for the Colts most likely. You have to remember that the C, on many lines, is the most skillful lineman on the team and can adapt to other positions.

ESPN:

Though he is not an ideal fit for every team, Justice displays enough potential to develop into a starter for a zone-blocking offense (Examples: Broncos, Colts, Packers and Texans). Those teams should consider Justice a good value early on Day 2.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11865&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d11865

Pierre Garcon is a Division III stud, don't know much more about him.

The Colts have drafted very, very well IMHO.

Infinite MAN_force
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
finally took a reciever.

Ownagedood
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
With our last pick of round 6.. Pierre Garcon WR

Another guy that the world has never heard of.. But we have the best draft decisions for our positions.. Im guessing Marvin is fine.. We would have taken Manningham in the 3rd round if he wasn't.. Waiting until the 6th round to take one means that they are confident he is fine.

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Hart is a good pick.

Teams tend to go at this stage of the draft with guys who didn't play much because they were hurt or in trouble, thinking apparently "You never know, if he isn't hurt, he MIGHT be great"

instead of guys like Hart who never strike you as great but also just play hard and well all the time

SoupIsGood
04-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I love this draft.

Kofi
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I have a hunch this Garcon kid will be major steal.

pwee31
04-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Woohoo we drafted Mike Hart. Hopefully he'll be able to contribute!

And a wideout named Pierre! Any guy with my name is bound to be a star!

DrBadd01
04-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Congrats on getting Hart. . . . I was hoping the Jets would get him.

esabyrn333
04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I hope we invite Curtis Johnson to our rooke camp I think this kid could be a steal..from NFL.com player profile

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/combine/headshots/2006.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left _extended="true">Curtis Johnson (DE (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position|pos-dl))
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 239
College: Clark Atlanta (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-college|college-1014)
Conference: Southern (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-college|conf-southern)
Hometown: Lauderhill, FL
High School: Cicero-North Syracuse High School
View Combine Page >> (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/curtis-johnson?id=2006)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://static.nfl.com/static/site/img/draft/profiles-featured-prospects.png
<FORM _extended="true"><SELECT style="WIDTH: 200px" onchange=window.location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value; _extended="true"> <OPTION selected _extended="true">Choose Defensive Linemen</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/kentwan-balmer?id=188 _extended="true">Balmer, Kentwan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/glenn-dorsey?id=218 _extended="true">Dorsey, Glenn</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/sedrick-ellis?id=228 _extended="true">Ellis, Sedrick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/vernon-gholston?id=756 _extended="true">Gholston, Vernon</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/derrick-harvey?id=762 _extended="true">Harvey, Derrick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/chris-long?id=276 _extended="true">Long, Chris</OPTION> <OPTION value=/draft/profiles/phillip-merling?id=778 _extended="true">Merling, Phillip</OPTION></SELECT> </FORM>

Overview (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/curtis-johnson?id=2006#player-profile-tab-overview)

Analysis (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/curtis-johnson?id=2006#player-profile-tab-analysis)

Q & A (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/curtis-johnson?id=2006#player-profile-tab-qa)Overview

Overview One of the best-kept secrets in college football entering his senior campaign, the well-traveled rush end opened more than a few eyes in the scouting circles with his stellar performance in postseason action and a dominating 2007 final campaign.

With his quickness off the edge and ability to fly to the ball, Johnson could be in for another "change of scenery" in the NFL, with a possible move to outside linebacker.

One of five children of Joanne and Charles Johnson, Curtis was born in California, but moved to upstate New York as a child. He and his brother, J.R., starred at Cicero-North Syracuse High School, as J.R. would go on to letter at Syracuse University (1998-2001) before playing for the Baltimore Ravens (four games) and New Orleans Saints (one game) in 2002, before competing for a job in training camps with the Indianapolis Colts (2003), Carolina Panthers (2003), Oakland Raiders (2003) and Atlanta Falcons (2004).

At Cicero-Syracuse High School, Curtis was a two-time Section III All-State selection, adding All-Central New York honors and Post-Standard All-CNY accolades as a running back. He carried 128 times for 1,166 yards (9.1-yard average) and 12 touchdowns as a senior. He also competed as a linebacker, going on to play in the 2002 Governor's Bowl.

The Gridiron All-Star and Eastern Regional Elite Team pick also garnered All-American honorable mention from Prep Star and was named one of the Top 50 Athletes in New York by New York Newsday. He also served as the team's captain during his final campaign.

Because of academic issues, Johnson had to enroll at Morrisville State College in 2004. He was a two-time All-Northeast Football Conference first-team selection as a defensive end, leading the team in sacks both years, including a conference-high 12 as a freshman. He received All-National Junior College Athletics Association All-American honorable mention in 2004 and was a second-team choice in 2005. He would post 152 tackles (72 solos), 17.5 sacks, 36.5 stops for losses, four fumble recoveries and five forced fumbles in 19 games during his junior college career.

After dominating the Northeast Conference in junior college, Johnson planned to play major college football and was recruited by Maryland, Syracuse and Michigan State. He signed a letter of intent to attend Morgan State University, but instead, enrolled at Clark Atlanta University. "One of my friends from my junior college ended up going to Clark, and they were looking for a defensive end/linebacker," Johnson said. "So I sent my film down there and they liked what they saw."

Johnson would go on to earn Associated Press Little All-American honors, in addition to receiving first-team All-Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference accolades in 2006. He led the Division II ranks with a league season-record nine forced fumbles, recovering four of them for 144 yards in returns with two touchdowns. He ranked second on the team with 70 tackles (50 solos) and five sacks, ranking second in the SIAC with 18 stops for losses. He also intercepted a pass and blocked one kick, while also scoring on a pair of two-point conversions.

Johnson was a consensus All-American and unanimous All-SIAC first-team choice in 2007, adding conference Defensive Player of the Year honors. He switched jersey numbers (from 52 to 1), which was fitting, as he ranked first in the Division II ranks with 13.5 sacks and also with 27 stops behind the line of scrimmage. He led the team and ranked 21st nationally with 112 tackles (69 solos), as he caused and recovered a fumble. He also blocked a kick and deflected six passes while scoring on a two-point conversion.

At the conclusion of the season, Johnson was invited to the prestigious East-West Shrine All-Star game, becoming the first Clark-Atlanta player to appear in that contest.

"It's a big deal for the university," Johnson said. "It's the first time that somebody has done some of this. They have given me a lot of support and I appreciate it. I'm going to try to go out there and do them proud."

In 21 games at Clark-Atlanta, Johnson started 10 times at right defensive end and 11 times on the left side. He recorded 182 tackles (119 solo) with 18.5 sacks for minus-148 yards and 45 stops for losses totaling 247 yards. He caused 10 fumbles, recovered five others for 144 yards in returns, including three touchdowns and blocked two kicks. He deflected six passes and intercepted another for a one-yard return. He also had three two-point conversions.

To get ready for his big audition for the NFL against players from the major conferences, Johnson turned to former Atlanta Falcon Chuck Smith and his company Defensive Line, Inc., to help with his training.

Career Notes Holds the school and Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference annals with 45 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in just 21 games, as that total rank 12th in NCAA Division II annals...His average of 2.14 tackles for loss per game rank second on the Division II all-time record list behind Charlie Cook of C.W. Post (2.58 tackles per game, 2000-01)...The only other Division II player to average two tackles for loss per game is Jason Ocean of Livingstone (2.00 per game, 2000-03)...His 27 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 2007 set a school record and rank second in league annals behind Walter Curry of Albany State (30.5 in 2003)...His 27 stops for losses placed him eighth on the NCAA Division II annual record chart behind Charlie Cook of C.W. Post (37 in 2001), Curry, Jason Ocean of Livingstone (30 in 2002), Dewayne Smith of Valdosta State (29 in 2002), Andre Bernardi of North Greenville (28.5 in 2006), Shawn Morgan of Fayetteville State (28 in 2002) and Damien Gilyard of C.W. Post (27.5 in 2004)...His average of 0.88 quarterback sacks per game (18.5 in 21 games) rank fourth in Division II history and third on the SIAC career-record list, topped only by Charlie Cook of C.W. Post (1.42 average, 27 sacks in 19 games, 2000-01), Walter Curry of Albany State (1.21 average, 29 sacks in 24 games, 2001-04) and Alton Pettway of Albany State (1.07 average, 23.5 sacks in 22 games, 2004-06)...Registered 10 forced fumbles, setting school and SIAC career-records and ranks tied for fourth in Division II history with Casey Larsen of St. Anselm (2004-06) behind Adam McGurk of Adams State (14, 2002-05), Jared Ziemke of Minnesota State, Mankato (13, 1999-2003) and James Ward of St. Anselm (11, 2000-03)...His average of 0.48 fumbles per game broke the previous NCAA all-time record average of 0.32 fumbles (14 in 44 games) by Adam McGurk...Set school, SIAC and Division II season-records when he caused nine fumbles in 2006, topping the old mark of eight by Jared Ziemke in 2003 (also broke Ziemke's previous NCAA season-record of an average of 0.73 forced fumbles per game -- Johnson had an 0.90 average in 2006)...Forced three fumbles in the 2006 Benedict game, one shy of the Division II game-record of four by Rob White of Western Washington vs. Fort Lewis in 2002...His 6.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage vs. West Georgia in 2007 set the SIAC game-record, topping the previous mark of six by Terrance Ford of Shaw vs. Edward Waters in 2005...Only Ron Ellington of Catawba (nine vs. Mars Hill in 2005) and Darryl Wilson of Concord (nine vs. West Virginia State in 2005) had more stops for losses in a game in NCAA Division II history...In a total of 40 games at Morrisville State and Clark Atlanta, Johnson recorded 334 tackles (191 solos) with 39.5 sacks for minus 248 yards, 81.5 stops for losses of 439 yards, nine fumble recoveries and 15 forced fumbles, as he also deflected eleven passes, blocked eight kicks, gained 144 yards with three touchdowns on five advanced fumble recoveries and 40 yards on three blocked punt returns (13.3-yard average).

Junior College Johnson was a standout defensive end at Morrisville (N.Y.) State College, leading the team in sacks in both 2004 and '05...His 12 sacks in 2004 led the conference...Twice earned All-Northeast Football Conference honors...Was a National Junior College Athletics Association All-American honorable mention as a freshman and a second-team choice as a sophomore...Johnson would record 152 tackles (72 solos) with 21 sacks for minus-100 yards and 36 1/2 stops for losses of 192 yards for his two-year career...Added five forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries, advancing one 13 yards, as he also deflected six passes, blocked six kicks and gained 40 yards on three blocked punt returns.

High School Attended Cicero-North Syracuse (N.Y.) High School...Two-time Section III All-State choice, adding All-Central New York honors and Post-Standard All-CNY accolades as a running back...Carried 128 times for 1,166 yards (9.1 average) and 12 touchdowns as a senior...Also competed as a linebacker, going on to play in the 2002 Governor's Bowl...The Gridiron All-Star and Eastern Regional Elite Team pick also garnered All-American honor-able mention from Prep Star and was named one of the Top 50 Athletes in New York by New York Newsday...Served as the team's captain during his final campaign

esabyrn333
04-27-2008, 06:02 PM
If anyone is upset about us getting a 3rd Center everyone needs to remember Polian picks the best player on his list regardless of his position. Thats why we are so damn good.

Natston
04-27-2008, 06:18 PM
If anyone is upset about us getting a 3rd Center everyone needs to remember Polian picks the best player on his list regardless of his position. Thats why we are so damn good.

No one should get upset because the first two are moving to guard and the seventh rounder might not make the team...

Hicks
04-27-2008, 06:38 PM
So, did our O line just get noticeably better next season?

Natston
04-27-2008, 06:45 PM

Probably not for next season, but more than likely it'll show in two years. Improvement this year will depend on Ugoh's development and who starts at guard because of Scott's departure...

esabyrn333
04-27-2008, 06:54 PM

I would say so. Last year watching the everyone on the line being injured some games we had a hard time getting 5 healthy guys out there. This makes us very versiatal. Some people might remember some times in the past Jeff would shift over to guard and take the other teams best D-lineman on and out of the game with 3 solid Rookies with experince playing Center this makes us very deep and dangerous. If there is one thing the Colts know is how to find quality O lineman. Howard Mudd is the best in the NFL when it comes putting a quality line together. Being a lineman all through my football career I really enjoy watching the big guys work. There is alot more to it than an untrained eye sees. God I can't wait till the season begins. This team is going to be even better than last year.

Everyone needs to watch Clint Sessions I think he is going to explode on the seen.

idioteque
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I love this draft for the Colts, this was the "trenches" draft that we needed. It might now show right away, but I think we got a lot of guys who are really going to forward our cause on the line of scrimmage.

jeffg-body
04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I was very pleased with the Colts draft. We got real deep at the O-line and I think Mike Hart will do well sharing time with Addai. Trust in Polian.

Robertmto
04-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Redskins take a shot with Colt Brennan, i love it. He was a first day pick until the Bowl Game.

Lets see what he can do

Merz
04-28-2008, 01:21 AM
I hope we invite Curtis Johnson to our rooke camp I think this kid could be a steal..from NFL.com player profile

Apparently the Colts have signed him as a UDFA, just go to the bottom update on this page.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=287252

Jonathan
04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
I tried to go to the link but is in invalid.

Did anybody sign James Banks as an undrafted free agent?

Jonathan
04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I was very pleased with the Colts draft. We got real deep at the O-line and I think Mike Hart will do well sharing time with Addai. Trust in Polian.

Mike Hart should be upset about dropping all the way to the sixth round. I know he ran a slow 40 yard dash and Polian compared him to James Mungro but do not be suprised if he does not make the roster.

Jonathan
04-28-2008, 03:35 PM
WR Sam Giguere, Sherbrooke
CB Brandon Foster, Texas
DE Curtis Johnson, Clark Atlanta (Could be a steal)
DL Don Davis, Connecticut
DE Eric Foster, Rutgers
OT Darren Marquez, Southern Illinois
LB Jordan Senn, Portland State
LB Jamie Silva, Boston College
WR Rudy Burgess, Arizona State
QB Adam Tafralis, San Jose State

This is the list of Undrafted Free Agents we signed today

Dorian Bryant (WR) Purdue went to the Steelers
Blake Powers (qB/TE) Indiana went to the Kansas City Chiefs

Slick Pinkham
04-28-2008, 03:35 PM

as of now, no.

http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/04/27/udfa-tracker/

not sure how up-to-date this list is.

Interestingly the Patriots signed a 6'5" punter who had a 69 yarder at the senior bowl

Merz
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
try this link as well for Colts UDFA updates

http://coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4498

travmil
04-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Yes Banks has signed on with Cleveland. I suppose it could be a good fit for him, but he'll have to go the special teams route.