PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, good for Stacy!

Hicks
04-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm watching the pre-game on TNT, and guess who works for them now? I'd care to guess she'll be back next year for us, but in the meantime, Stacy Paetz was just seen giving an interview for TNT with Lamar Odom. I'm happy for her. Good to see another local (Clark Kellogg, Reggie) on the bigger stage.

Los Angeles
04-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Congrats Stacy!

Erik
04-20-2008, 12:40 PM
That is pretty cool.

Lord Helmet
04-20-2008, 02:53 PM
That is awesome for Stacy.

I hope she's back with us this fall, though. :(

Los Angeles
04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, with a talent for broadcasting, reasonable knowledge of the game, a good rapport with players and a good "look" for TV, I don't expect her to play "third fiddle" for the Pacers forever.

This is a sign that there are bigger and better things for her.

I grew up in Indy and I remember when David Letterman used to be the weekend weatherman. EDIT: was that WISH-8 or WTHR-13?

Hicks
04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
I grew up in Indy and I remember when David Letterman used to be the weekend weatherman. EDIT: was that WISH-8 or WTHR-13?

As someone who has known Letterman as a late night host for I think literally my entire life, that is such a weird concept to me (Dave as the local Indy weatherman).

OnlyPacersLeft
04-20-2008, 04:19 PM
she's so hot...MMMMMMMMM

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
JT5AQIlmM0I

ajbry
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I've always thought her reporting was pretty mediocre, not to mention that she always says the full names of the teams and players.

But she's definitely worth looking at...

tdubb03
04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Whether she's back or not, can we PLEASE stop interviewing a player from the team who just beat us right after the game?

aceace
04-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Whether she's back or not, can we PLEASE stop interviewing a player from the team who just beat us right after the game?I agree 100%. I'm usually pissed by then and I turn the channel. Who cares what they have to say.

Ownagedood
04-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Good for her. Bad for us. I can't see her coming back. Unless it's just for a year or so. Now she has been seen by everyone, and who wouldn't want a hot chick reporting about a basketball team?? ;)

EDIT: I didn't know Lettermen was a weather man before he got big.. That's awesome.

rexnom
04-20-2008, 09:40 PM
So the consensus is that she is hot? I thought we kind of disagreed on that? I mean, I'd like her to Cook-Head me any day but I always thought I was in the minority.

kester99
04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
As someone who has known Letterman as a late night host for I think literally my entire life, that is such a weird concept to me (Dave as the local Indy weatherman).

At one time, he had the all-night movies...on 13, I think. He'd have a crowd in studio up from bloomington or over from muncie...the camera stayed on him, like at a podium, but every now and then you'd see a hand raise a bottle in a paper bag up to him.

He also used to key-sync (?) himself into the old movies. I remember seeing him down in the corner of the screen in a roman gladiator costume poking godzilla in the toe, as the japanese tanks melted.

And now, back to Stacey.

Roaming Gnome
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm happy for Stacy, but I just see this temporary employment/assignment because of so many play-off games to televise.

As for interviewing the winning team, that is just professional and I'm glad to hear the interview. Her job overall is decent, I like the job she does a hell of a lot better then what Scott Hoke did a couple seasons ago.

Dr. Goldfoot
04-21-2008, 01:10 AM
a hell of a lot better then what Scott Hoke did a couple seasons ago.

Except that time he was interviewing Foster and they cut to the two of them playing a little one on one and Foster just kept blocking every shot and the editing was a little poor and left the part where Jeff said "Are we gonna keep doin' this until you make one?" Best fluff piece of all time.

Unclebuck
04-21-2008, 07:58 AM
I don't want to be negative, but I was shocked when I heard Ernie say that were going to Stacy Paetz. I could not believe it.

She is probably a nice person, but I think she is horrible. I almost can't watch the pregame and postgame show because of her. The way she says Indiana Pacers every time she refers to the team. She never just says Pacers. But that is just a minor pet peeve.

I think her interviewing skills are poor, I often feel embarassed for her and the person she is interviewing because of the almost always awkward questions.

(I thought Scott Hoke was better and he wasn't very good either)

Los Angeles
04-21-2008, 03:08 PM
I found this interesting. Notice the date - This was an article from back in 2000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=863518&type=story

Tuesday, November 7, 2000
Stacy Paetz of Scholastic Sports America
Stacy Paetz of Scholastic Sports America

Stacy Paetz made her first on-air appearance on ESPN2 when she was only 19 years old. After receiving her BA from Ball State University in 1996, Stacy went on to become a Production Assistant at the Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta. She continued to work for ESPN as a Production Assistant for the Summer X Games and the popular Sunday Night NFL show for two seasons.

Paetz became the Featured Reporter and Co-Producer of the "Star/News High School Sports Show" on the Indianapolis NBC affiliate. After 2 seasons there, Stacy became the Host of "Scholastic Sports America" a weekly show dedicated to high school athletics. She's only the third female in the 15 year history of the show.

"I thank God for the position I'm in. I was a three sport high school athlete and it's the purest form of sport as we know it. High school athletes have such a great impact on socity today - it's now common place to see teenagers becoming professional athletes and representatives in the Olympics. I'm blessed to meet these talented athletes who are also impressive people."

Stacy filled the role of Associate Producer for ESPN's Great Outdoor Games and she was the sideline reporter for such events as The Golden Spike Professional Track and Field Tour, The Hewlett Packard Lazerjet Women's Challenge, a professional bicycle race, NCAA Division I men's basketball and host of NCAA Division I Women's soccer, volleyball and softball selection shows.

Stacy also mentors children, she gave the Commencement Address to the Class of 2000 at her Alma Mater and she gives numerous speeches around the country, including a group of young athletes at a camp Called "Dream Big" sponsored by WNBA star and Olympic Gold Medalist, Kara Wolters.

Stacy's most treasured affiliations are as a member of the Board of Directors for the John H. Stewart Foundation for Disadvantaged Children, Church and community services, the Just Say Know program, an effort helping children gain knowledge to achieve their goals, and as a member of the Board of Advisors for Athletes Against Drugs.

"I've always had a heart for children. I'm thankful for the opportunites I have in a profession that allows me to touch lives and hopefully make a difference"

Stacy Paetz, 25, resides in Indianapolis, IN

grace
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I loved Scott Hoke and was extremely honked off when he got hosed, fired, or whatever. I don't like the pre-game and half time shows that the Pacers do. IMO the Bulls shows on Chicago Comcast are a million times better.

All that being said I don't mind Stacy. In fact after watching a fair amount of league pass this season I'd have to say she's better than most of the in-game sideline reporters. I saw her interview she did yesterday with Paul Gasol. I thought she did a very good job.

NapTonius Monk
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
:homerdrool: Stacy Paetz is sumptuous!

Los Angeles
04-21-2008, 03:27 PM

This was hard to find:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/40/220px-Weatherdave.jpg

I don't think very many people thought dave was a good weatherman either.

Grace, this is just a theory, but I think the advertising dollars from the chicago market alone would give the Bulls' pre-game and post-game shows considerably more money to work with. The Knicks' broadcast is slicker and more substantive than some national sports broadcasts. The Lakers post game is like a full-on news studio with multiple reporters and analysts. It's almost obscene how much money they dump into the show. But again, they have bigger ad revenues and I suppose can afford the extra perks.

Comparing Indiana's market size (one of the smallest) to the quality of PS&E broadcasts (well above average), and I think there's a lot to be thankful for in the Hoosier State.

grace
04-21-2008, 03:50 PM
You have a point LA. When the Bulls games are on Comcast they have the host and 2 analysts (usually Norm Van Lear and Kendall Gill) in the studio plus a side line reporter. The side line reporters rotate and some are a lot better than others.

After the Bulls fired Scott Skiles I kept watching the pre and post game shows for awhile because of how much I love Norm Van Lear. After about a month I decided it was stupid to keep watching because no matter how great I think Norm is I hate that f**king team!

Los Angeles
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
So are you going to follow Skiles to the Bucks?

indygeezer
04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Letterman was soooooo freaking hilarious as 13's weatherman...he didn't take it or himself too seriously. He knew that weather predicting sucked rocks (back then) and so he didn't let it "worry" him. The symbols were stuck on a map and he'd just move them wherever he wanted them (pre-bluescreen)

So...Stacey Paetz
Reggie
Mark Jackson
Clark Kellogg
Len Elmore (Another former Pacer for those too young to know)
Hanna Storm
Quinn Buckner

All with Pacer ties now in telecasting

who'd I miss???

grace
04-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Geez, I'd think at some time while she was here Jane Pauley said something about the Pacers.

LA, I'll follow Skiles, but I'll do it with a barf bucket next to my remote. :sick: At least I'll have the whole off season to figure out who's on their team.

Raoul Duke
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I think its just a Playoff thing but good for her no matter what it is.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I like her. I think it's cool she's doing games for TNT during the PS. She does a fine job.

Robertmto
04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
So the consensus is that she is hot? I thought we kind of disagreed on that?

We did, and she isn't.

Hicks
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Letterman was soooooo freaking hilarious as 13's weatherman...he didn't take it or himself too seriously. He knew that weather predicting sucked rocks (back then) and so he didn't let it "worry" him. The symbols were stuck on a map and he'd just move them wherever he wanted them (pre-bluescreen)

So...Stacey Paetz
Reggie
Mark Jackson
Clark Kellogg
Hanna Storm
Quinn Buckner

who'd I miss???

Rick Carlisle. Jalen Rose.

Eindar
04-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Good for Stacy! I think it's her time, really. When she first got here, I thought she sucked, but she's gotten much better in her time here, to the point that I think she's outgrown the job.

pizza guy
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't want to be negative, but I was shocked when I heard Ernie say that were going to Stacy Paetz. I could not believe it.

She is probably a nice person, but I think she is horrible. I almost can't watch the pregame and postgame show because of her. The way she says Indiana Pacers every time she refers to the team. She never just says Pacers. But that is just a minor pet peeve.

I think her interviewing skills are poor, I often feel embarassed for her and the person she is interviewing because of the almost always awkward questions.

(I thought Scott Hoke was better and he wasn't very good either)

We did, and she isn't.

I very much agree with both of you.

PiratePrincess
04-23-2008, 01:23 AM

So...Stacey Paetz
Reggie
Mark Jackson
Clark Kellogg
Hanna Storm
Quinn Buckner

who'd I miss???

Rick Carlisle. Jalen Rose.

Doesn't George McGinnis dabble in broadcasting? I swear he was doing something during the Knicks game that was TV related.

naptownmenace
04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
At one time, he had the all-night movies...on 13, I think. He'd have a crowd in studio up from bloomington or over from muncie...the camera stayed on him, like at a podium, but every now and then you'd see a hand raise a bottle in a paper bag up to him.

He also used to key-sync (?) himself into the old movies. I remember seeing him down in the corner of the screen in a roman gladiator costume poking godzilla in the toe, as the japanese tanks melted.

And now, back to Stacey.

Another little Letterman factoid:

He was also a writer for the television show Good Times.

Shade
04-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Another little Letterman factoid:

He was also a writer for the television show Good Times.

DY-NO-MITE!

Hoop
04-25-2008, 04:34 PM

So...Stacey Paetz
Reggie
Mark Jackson
Clark Kellogg
Hanna Storm
Quinn Buckner

who'd I miss???
Don't know if any one noticed but, Quinn was doing the Detroit vs Philly game on the NBA Channel (601 on DTV). First time I'd ever seen him on there.

Hoop
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Doesn't George McGinnis dabble in broadcasting? I swear he was doing something during the Knicks game that was TV related.Yes, McGinnis has done a few Pacer games also. He does a pretty good job.