PDA

View Full Version : Potential trade partners

pwee31
04-19-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm not making any proposals, I'm just curious who everyone thinks are the Pacers best potential trade partners. As of right now I'm looking at..

Chicago: Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon, young bigs, #9

Nets: VC, Jefferson, Marcus Williams, #10,#21

Knicks: Expirings, #5

Memphis: Miller, Lowry, Conley, #4,#28

Bucks: Redd, Williams (if they truly are avail) #7

Portland: Young talent, #13, (3 2nd round picks)

Wiz: Arenas mght leave, Jamison is in his last year, #18

Golden St: Good team, but something had to give, #14

Mavs: An early exit and there's no telling what Cuban may do

Miami: Depends on what they want to do with Marion and what pick they land

Suns: Depend on the playoffs, #15 (from Hawks)

Nuggets: Paying a lot for 2 stars to not be getting out of the 1st round, #20

Rockets: Can only count on TMac and Yao for so long

Twolves: 2 early 2nd rounders

Sonics: Ridnour, Watson, 6 draft picks (2 in 1st round)(4 in 2nd round)

Got some options, but who will we deal with?

idioteque
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I believe Memphis is the most obvious partner, especially if they get a shot at Rose. Even if they don't I don't see them keeping Lowry AND Conley.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I know some people might say the Knicks but there's no way that Walsh is going to give up Bayless or Mayo with his first move of his tenure. I think it's more important to list what we have to offer that other teams may want. I kind of want Pargo from the Hornets; 6th man of the year in the West is a starter for us.

Will Galen
04-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Nets: VC, Jefferson, Marcus Williams, #10,#21

Marcus Williams won't be a Pacer! The Pacers aren't trading for players that have or have shown character issues!

croz24
04-19-2008, 08:08 PM
i really hope what you laid out from others teams is not what you actually think they'd give up for jo. you are referring to what they have that could entice us correct?

tadscout
04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Marcus Williams won't be a Pacer! The Pacers aren't trading for players that have or have shown character issues!

You beat me to it! :buddies:

I just wish others would start realizing this as well...

maragin
04-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I know some people might say the Knicks but there's no way that Walsh is going to give up Bayless or Mayo with his first move of his tenure. I think it's more important to list what we have to offer that other teams may want. I kind of want Pargo from the Hornets; 6th man of the year in the West is a starter for us.

I would gladly start Manu Ginobili.

Kofi
04-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Why would a 25% 3 point shooter take 140 attempts?

Anthem
04-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Marcus Williams won't be a Pacer! The Pacers aren't trading for point guards that aren't good enough to start in front of the Ballboy.
Fixed. :D

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I would gladly start Manu Ginobili.

Ha, nice catch. Manu has no business being on that ballot. Completely delegitamizing the purpose of the commendation, which had to be explained to Jeff Van Gundy earlier today.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Wiz: Arenas mght leave, Jamison is in his last year, #18

If their is a legit big or PG left we will keep our pick, if not I see us trading it.

Arenas ISN'T leaving...

Doddage
04-20-2008, 02:17 AM
i really hope what you laid out from others teams is not what you actually think they'd give up for jo. you are referring to what they have that could entice us correct?
What they have Croz man

pwee31
04-20-2008, 02:26 AM

Correct

I know JO isn't bringing back half of those players mentioned

But that doesn't mean a combo of players and our pick can't land some though.

It all depends on what directions the teams are wanting to go

LG33
04-20-2008, 03:23 AM
I believe Memphis is the most obvious partner, especially if they get a shot at Rose. Even if they don't I don't see them keeping Lowry AND Conley.

And JC Superstar.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 04:55 AM
I think people need to get a good reality check with Kyle Lowry. Thus far he's been a total dud. A 6' point guard with below average playmaking skills, who can't shoot, and has a lousy shot selection. He was a late 1st rounder who's value has decreased during his two years in the league. He's worth an early second rounder. Not exactly what we need for the future of our point guard position. You'd be better off going with one of the points in this years draft.

31andonly
04-20-2008, 05:02 AM

The Pacers signed Kareem Rush last offseason..

croz24
04-20-2008, 05:49 AM
I think people need to get a good reality check with Kyle Lowry. Thus far he's been a total dud. A 6' point guard with below average playmaking skills, who can't shoot, and has a lousy shot selection. He was a late 1st rounder who's value has decreased during his two years in the league. He's worth an early second rounder. Not exactly what we need for the future of our point guard position. You'd be better off going with one of the points in this years draft.

pretty much...based on what you see on this message board, you'd think lowry, sessions, duhon, ridnour, diener etc etc were perennial all-stars...

Rajah Brown
04-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Teams that are intriguing are Dallas and Denver. Neither are going
anywhere of note in the playoffs this year (DAL may win a series,
but that's it). At some point, both have to question wether they're
ever going anywhere w/o a consistent, post threat.

Wether either has anything they'd give up that we'd be interested
in is another story.

Erik
04-20-2008, 08:29 AM
I don't think there is any way Donnie messes with J.O. or Jamaal this first year, maybe Jamaal if Marbury were involved. I say Chicago or Dallas would be the most likely.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Dallas has absolutely nothing of interest. The Mavs are likely going home in the first round again, and Jason Kidd continues to deteriorate.

The Nuggets have Nene, who's had moments of where you think he could become a very good big man. Of course he's overpaid and more injury prone than J.O., so I don't see much interest unless the Nuggets were willing to also give us salary relief, which they're not able to do.

I could definitely see something being worked out with Chicago, provided the owner decides to actually spend money to improve the team. Hinrich, #9, + filler seems reasonable, and it's something I'd strongly consider if I were the Pacers. If Rick Carlisle goes to the Bulls, maybe such a deal becomes more likely.

I'm guessing the Warriors are banking on Beidrins and Wright improving for them to take the leap to the next level.

Blazers have Aldridge and Oden, no need for J.O. there.

Nets are always possible. If you can pickup a PF replacement and a PG via the draft and moving Dunleavy, I'd strongly consider J.O. for Carter.

The Grizzlies just gave the younger, cheaper Pau Gasol away fro pennies on the dollar, there's no reason to think they'd be interested in J.O.

The Bucks could be a possibility. They've been stuck in neutral for quite a while now. They may be willing to make a big move like bringing in J.O. If they believe the brilliance Ramon Sessions showed this season wasn't a fluke, I could see them being willing to move Mo Williams in a J.O. deal. Or, from the other perspective, if the Pacers like what they saw in Sessions, he could be sweetener in any deal. Something along the lines of #7/Sessions/salary filler would interest me if it were my decision.Carlisle is rumored to be a coaching candidate here as well, which could increase the likelihood of a J.O. trade.

Phoenix seems plausible, especially if they go home in round 1. They're in a similar situation to Dallas, except the Suns have more interesting trade pieces. I would think Larry Bird would love to get his Leandro Barbosa. Barbosa + salary filler could make sense for both teams. If Phoenix were willing to throw in #15, all the better.

Wizards are on the verge of another playoff failure, they need defense badly as Arenas/Butler/Jamison is probably the worst defensive trio of "stars" in the history of sports. They'd be interested in J.O., but it can't see a deal that makes a whole lot of sense for Indy.

T-Wolves are rebuilding. No need for J.O.

Rockets....unlikely, but not entirely unthinkable. Any deal with the Rockets would revolve around T-Mac, and would likely have to be expanded to include Dunleavy for roster balancing reasons.

Seattle, like the Wolves, are rebuilding so I doubt they'd have interest in J.O. They could have a duo of Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose/Michael Beasley to build with, along with Jeff Green. No need to bring in a $20M injury prone PF.

Knicks are a maybe. If Walsh wants to win now, he may look at J.O. I can't see him giving up #5 for him though. More likely, a deal would revolve around some combination of Lee, Curry, and/or Crawford. I wouldn't do it, as it would be trading quality for quantity which is the last thing we need.

D-BONE
04-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I'd do JO for Carter, too. Then try to make other moves to balance the roster based on it.

I don't think people here are saying Lowry is a long-term star at PG. Just a guy who may be available that could play a little better D than the zilch we get from the position now.

If you could get him for reasonably cheap, you could still draft a potential long-term fix at PG this year and have your bases covered until the rookie develops sufficiently. Well, at least that's how I see the Lowry situation.

D-BONE
04-20-2008, 08:58 AM
I suppose Hinrich is starter material, but I'm not that high on the guy. Arguably better suited for the 2, but probably not better than Dun there. Doesn't really help our D all that much.

If the deal were #9 plus some of their bigs, that is much more palatable to me. Thomas, Gooden, Noah are the kinds of rugged interior players I think we're lacking on our roster.

RomanGabriel
04-20-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think we'll be involved because of what we have to offer, but it's going to be fascinating to watch what Portland does. They HAVE to make some moves because of the huge number of contracts they have.

croz24
04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
if we can get a draft pick this year for jo, i really don't care who comes back in return so long as their contract(s) is relatively reasonable...

croz24
04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think we'll be involved because of what we have to offer, but it's going to be fascinating to watch what Portland does. They HAVE to make some moves because of the huge number of contracts they have.

i've talked with a fellow pd member about portland and jo for a long while...por has the contracts to trade us, they have the pieces, they have the pick, and jo was beloved in that city. i honestly view them as a perfect trade partner and feel jo would be beneficial to aldridge and oden and would even accept a lesser role on that team...something like jo + diener to por for lafrentz, blake, webster, frye, #13. pretty fair for both sides imo...

...KOFI - if por has no need for jo, then why would they look to acquire gasol? por is wanting a pg/big very badly and have the owner and gm to get something done...

esabyrn333
04-20-2008, 01:28 PM
i've talked with a fellow pd member about portland and jo for a long while...por has the contracts to trade us, they have the pieces, they have the pick, and jo was beloved in that city. i honestly view them as a perfect trade partner and feel jo would be beneficial to aldridge and oden and would even accept a lesser role on that team...something like jo + diener to por for lafrentz, blake, webster, frye, #13. pretty fair for both sides imo...

...KOFI - if por has no need for jo, then why would they look to acquire gasol? por is wanting a pg/big very badly and have the owner and gm to get something done...

I don't think they would do this. My main problem with this trade is that Frye, Webster, Granger, Diogu would all expire this year

pwee31
04-20-2008, 02:05 PM
On a side note, all the partners and players weren't just mentioned for JO.

We have other players that could be valuable. It all depends on what teams decide to do.

pwee31
04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I suppose Hinrich is starter material, but I'm not that high on the guy. Arguably better suited for the 2, but probably not better than Dun there. Doesn't really help our D all that much.

If the deal were #9 plus some of their bigs, that is much more palatable to me. Thomas, Gooden, Noah are the kinds of rugged interior players I think we're lacking on our roster.

Hinrich is a way better PG and defender then you're giving him credit for.
But i tend to agree that Chicago would be one of our better trade options

Young
04-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I really don't see who we trade Jermaine to.

Will Walsh want him in New York? Especially with Randolph/Curry there but I guess one of them would have to be in any deal for Jermaine.

There has been some talk about a Chicago deal but if Rick Carlise is hired there would that work out? I think matching contracts could be rather difficult.

I think about the only other possible team is the Nets. However, why in the world would the Pacers want Vince Carter? At this point in time i'd rather have Mike Dunleavy to be honest.

While i'd like to see Jermaine moved I just don't see a reasonable opition right now.

Taterhead
04-20-2008, 03:40 PM
What about the Bobcats?

They are currently under the cap and are in need of some post scoring to balance thier team out a little. Plus O'neal and Okafor would be dynamite on the defensive end.

Maybe they strike out on a key free agents or two and then look to aquire someone via a trade?

They also have a lottery pick and a guy like Sean May to offer up.

NapTonius Monk
04-20-2008, 05:24 PM
What about the Bobcats?

They are currently under the cap and are in need of some post scoring to balance thier team out a little. Plus O'neal and Okafor would be dynamite on the defensive end.

Maybe they strike out on a key free agents or two and then look to aquire someone via a trade?

They also have a lottery pick and a guy like Sean May to offer up.

No thank you! (Actually, after looking at their roster, no thank you across the board). The only way to make a contract work for JO would take something we probably don't want.

tdubb03
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I really like a Tinsley for Marcus Banks and filler deal. The filler being Daequan Cook would be nice.

Will Galen
04-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Herb Simon wasn't hands on last year, plus it's been written the Pacers looked into Rush's trouble at Charlotte.

Kraft
04-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I have absolutely no idea which direction the Bulls want to take, but they're certainly an interesting trading partner.

For example ...

a) They drafted overkill with Noah and Tyrus Thomas. Two energy bigs off the bench with consecutive No. 1 picks? Both have strengths and weaknesses, but how do you find time for both and still hope to have an offensive weapon up front? Throw Drew Gooden into that mix, and ... well, I don't get it ... expecially since they're all more 4s than 5s.

b) What the hell to do with Ben Gordon. Can you keep him happy? No one's going to take Larry Hughes, so can you afford to pay two big-money small forwards and two big-money shooting guards? I know I wouldn't, since I consider only one, Deng, to be a true difference maker.

c) Do you trust Kirk Hinrich to rebound from his abysmal year? He's somewhat of a proven commodity in some regards, but he's moveable. And with Duhon as a free agent ... eh?

d) Go center with the draft pick? ... But who?

Dece
04-20-2008, 07:31 PM
I have absolutely no idea which direction the Bulls want to take, but they're certainly an interesting trading partner.

For example ...

a) They drafted overkill with Noah and Tyrus Thomas. Two energy bigs off the bench with consecutive No. 1 picks? Both have strengths and weaknesses, but how do you find time for both and still hope to have an offensive weapon up front? Throw Drew Gooden into that mix, and ... well, I don't get it ... expecially since they're all more 4s than 5s.

b) What the hell to do with Ben Gordon. Can you keep him happy? No one's going to take Larry Hughes, so can you afford to pay two big-money small forwards and two big-money shooting guards? I know I wouldn't, since I consider only one, Deng, to be a true difference maker.

c) Do you trust Kirk Hinrich to rebound from his abysmal year? He's somewhat of a proven commodity in some regards, but he's moveable. And with Duhon as a free agent ... eh?

d) Go center with the draft pick? ... But who?

Yea, the Bulls are in a crazy situation. At least Deng and Gordon turned down their extension offers that now appear to have been too high of offers given both of them were a bit of a let down this season. They have a ton of good pieces that just don't fit together, should be interesting to see what they do.

maragin
04-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm not saying we can, or should do it... but I'd buy league pass if we ended up with Arenas here in JOB's system.

Taterhead
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
No thank you! (Actually, after looking at their roster, no thank you across the board). The only way to make a contract work for JO would take something we probably don't want.

They are way under the cap, we don't have to take back anything.

You wouldn't take Felton or Gerald Wallace?

Anthem
04-20-2008, 10:21 PM

You think they're going to give you Gerald Wallace in return for destroying their cap flexibility?

Taterhead
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
You think they're going to give you Gerald Wallace in return for destroying their cap flexibility?

No, it was in response to someone saying there was nothing on the Bobcats he would want. I think we could trade Jermaine to them for thier lottery pick and maybe a young guy like Sean May, if they can't land a big FA.

sig
04-20-2008, 10:49 PM
JO seems like he'd be a good fit in Atlanta and would allow Horford to play forward where he belongs. Could the Pacers somehow get Law and Josh Smith? Salary matching could be tough but Smith is a FA and will demand a big contract.

tdubb03
04-20-2008, 11:33 PM
JO seems like he'd be a good fit in Atlanta and would allow Horford to play forward where he belongs. Could the Pacers somehow get Law and Josh Smith? Salary matching could be tough but Smith is a FA and will demand a big contract.

Much as I love J-Smoove, what are we going to do with 3 starting caliber wings? Plus Shawne? I dunno, Smith could easily play the 4 in Obie's system, but I don't think they're looking to do anything but lock him up long-term. Nor should they be. They do have Speedy Claxton which would be a salary filler, but I can't remember how long his deal is. If it's longer than another two years I wouldn't be interested.

Anthem
04-21-2008, 08:30 AM
I think we could trade Jermaine to them for thier lottery pick and maybe a young guy like Sean May, if they can't land a big FA.
You misunderstand. My point is that Charlotte wouldn't touch JO with a 10-foot pole.

esabyrn333
04-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Would a deal with Chicago for Hinrich for Murphy deal be totally unrealistic for Chicago.

They need to thin out there guards and seem to be down on Hinrich and he has a larger contract than Troy and for more years.

Troy is a Offenses oriented high energy yet soft low post guy that would work nice with there stable of rugged low post guys with No O.

I am sure it could be expanded to include more guys I just don't know if this is just extremly far fetched

Taterhead
04-21-2008, 10:25 AM
You misunderstand. My point is that Charlotte wouldn't touch JO with a 10-foot pole.

I don't understand your view on this at all. Why wouldn't they?

1. When JO is healthy he is a top 10 PF/C, top 5 on the defensive end.
2. His contract though large, is only two years, if he doesn't work out they can trade him after one year and get a very good return.
3. Charlotte needs a post presence on the offensive end. Name a player better in the post than Jermaine available to them?

MyFavMartin
04-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Would a deal with Chicago for Hinrich for Murphy deal be totally unrealistic for Chicago?

Yes.

Naptown_Seth
04-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Charlotte needs a post presence on the offensive end. Name a player better in the post than Jermaine available to them?<!-- / message -->
Okafor? Or is 53% in the post too good and they are looking to downgrade? Maybe they'd like less than 10.7 boards to go with it.

This from a guy who loves JO btw. But come on. And even on a resign he's getting paid less than JO is right now.

Hicks
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Is Okafor 53% because he has a back to the basket game, or because he gets feeds and offensive boards which he stuffs in the basket?

DGPR
04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I wonder if we could pick up a big in the draft and try to get Law from the Hawks via trade.

Anthem
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
1. When JO is healthy he is a top 10 PF/C, top 5 on the defensive end.
Right. When healthy. And JO's going to be considered an injury risk until he proves that he's not.

2. His contract though large, is only two years, if he doesn't work out they can trade him after one year and get a very good return.
When trying to make a deal, having cap space beats a big salary every time. $20mil in cap space lets you take a $10mil player, a $5mil player, or a $20mil player. $20mil in salary only gets you $20mil in salary. Taking Jermaine dramatically reduces their flexibility in making deals.

3. Charlotte needs a post presence on the offensive end. Name a player better in the post than Jermaine available to them?
See point #1.

Taterhead
04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Okafor? Or is 53% in the post too good and they are looking to downgrade? Maybe they'd like less than 10.7 boards to go with it.

This from a guy who loves JO btw. But come on. And even on a resign he's getting paid less than JO is right now.

You can play them together you know? Okafor plays more of a center game anyways.

Taterhead
04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Right. When healthy. And JO's going to be considered an injury risk until he proves that he's not.

When trying to make a deal, having cap space beats a big salary every time. $20mil in cap space lets you take a $10mil player, a $5mil player, or a $20mil player. $20mil in salary only gets you $20mil in salary. Taking Jermaine dramatically reduces their flexibility in making deals.

See point #1.

Charlotte has had this cap space since the team was founded, it hasn't provided them very much flexibility outside the deal for JRich. Besides a deal like this would be part of the flexibility. Jermaine is certainly more talented than any big man in the draft besides maybe Beasley.

And I seriously doubt the rest of the league has the same outlook on O'neal that us frustrated Pacers fans have. When healthy he is one notch below KG and Duncan. A few injury plagued years doesn't completely change that. It's not like he has ripped up both of his ACLs.

Just my opinion.

Rajah Brown
04-22-2008, 10:08 AM
If memory serves, Okafor supposedly turned down an extension
at about $12-13mil per year not too long ago. Assuming that's
the case and he/his agent maintain that (delusional) stance,
he may not even be in Charlotte much longer.

NapTonius Monk
04-22-2008, 01:22 PM

Look at the length of his contract. And why would we need another SF? They're not giving up Felton, J-Rich I can take or leave, same with Wallace. Adam Morrison maybe, but I'm not really sure he's all that good. For the most part, in terms of what they would realistically consider moving, Charlotte doesn't really have much to meet our needs IMHO.

esabyrn333
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
What would it take to get Hinrich from Chicago. I just don't see them wanting Dunleavy or Granger. Due to them having Deng and Nocioni. I would give up anyone on our roster other than Dun & Danny

d_c
04-22-2008, 01:49 PM
What would it take to get Hinrich from Chicago.

Probably Granger, so it obviously wouldn't be worth it.

Swapping Hinrich with anything else on the Pacer roster really doesn't improve Chicago's situation.

d_c
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
And I seriously doubt the rest of the league has the same outlook on O'neal that us frustrated Pacers fans have. When healthy he is one notch below KG and Duncan. A few injury plagued years doesn't completely change that. It's not like he has ripped up both of his ACLs.

If you know that Jermaine just physically isn't what he used to be, what makes you think another GM wouldn't know? They'd ask for all medical reports from the Pacers and have Jermaine take a physical from their own team doctor.

esabyrn333
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Probably Granger, so it obviously wouldn't be worth it.

Swapping Hinrich with anything else on the Pacer roster really doesn't improve Chicago's situation.

What about Jeff Foster he is expiring this year along with Ike and Shawne?

Rajah Brown
04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Da Bulls already have their Foster...named Noah.

d_c
04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
What about Jeff Foster he is expiring this year along with Ike and Shawne?

Chicago just really doesn't need to do that deal.

Foster doesn't help them score. He's a good hustle/energy guy but they've got that up front already in Nocioni, Noah, Thomas and Gooden. Foster would just give them more of what they already have.

Shawne right now is a lesser Deng and a part of him (undersized PF) is also duplicated by Tyrus Thomas. Ike in theory could help them with their interior scoring, but that's a theory a lot of people have had about him since he got drafted (including me) and it just hasn't panned out. Right now his value is not high. He's gotten less and less playing time through the 4 successive coaches he's played under.

From a Bulls perspective, it just isn't any kind of improvement from their current situation.

Taterhead
04-23-2008, 03:21 AM
If you know that Jermaine just physically isn't what he used to be, what makes you think another GM wouldn't know? They'd ask for all medical reports from the Pacers and have Jermaine take a physical from their own team doctor.

Because I don't think Jermaine is done by a long shot he isn't even 30 years old yet. Of course he hasn't been what he used to be physically, he has battled some injuries. But he has not had a debilitating injury at all. Over the last 4 years he has been plagued by nagging injuries no doubt, but he has still managed to play in an average of over 50 games a year. Take out the 15 games missed due to suspension and it's 56 games. So it's not like he's had multiple acls or back problems. And despite the injuries, he has still produced, and certainly hasn't lost anything on the defensive end.

These are Jermaines averages over the last 4 years

52 games
19.2 Points
8.8 Rebounds
2.3 Blocks

I wouldn't count him out at all. He can still play, and if we trade him for crap, someone out there is going to be more than happy to take a chance on him for a year. No way this guy isn't worth a lottery pick this year if he can prove he's healthy enough to go into training camp with his new team 100% recovered. I personally think he just needs to trim some body mass, get down to around 240 again, and lighten the load on his knees.

Taterhead
04-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Look at the length of his contract. And why would we need another SF? They're not giving up Felton, J-Rich I can take or leave, same with Wallace. Adam Morrison maybe, but I'm not really sure he's all that good. For the most part, in terms of what they would realistically consider moving, Charlotte doesn't really have much to meet our needs IMHO.

I don't think they would give up Wallace or Felton, it was just a point I was trying to make .

I just want thier pick and maybe a throw in like Sean May or Adam Morrison, plus of course the cap space. They get a big guy with skills to either replace Okafor or give them a great defensive tandem to go with thier very solid wing players. We get a high lottery pick, cap space and a young player with some potential. Looks like a win win to me.

S.R.E.C.A.P
04-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I also think Memphis would be ideal trade partner, hopefully we can make a deal with them that includes :

Outgoing players :
Quis
Ike

Incoming players :
Mike miller
Kyle lowry

i think this works salary wise, but i doubt that Memphis would be interested in the deal haha

maybe we could add a sweetner to the deal e.g. rights to Stanko ! ;) haha :laugh:

But if this trade went down i think it will benefit the pacers

and if we draft jaVale McGee at #11 i think he has the potential and should fit well in J.O.B system

if we can somehow get rid of tinsley our lineup would consist of :

Lowry / Diener : PG
Dun / Miller : SG
Granger / Williams : SF
J.O / Murphy : PF
Foster / McGee : C

I think Lowry can be pretty solid for us down the stretch , and Miller could be a good 6th man and we could see a Dun/Granger combo version 2.0 with Miller/Williams , and with time i think Mcgee will develop into something and maybe if we get a healthy J.O next season, we could trade him b4 the deadline for some valuable assets that could possibly land us a future PG via Picks/trade

:happydanc

Kofi
04-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Why are people pretending Kirk Hinrich has positive trade value?

He's a proven dud with a bad contract.

DgR
04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
doesn't JO get 22mil in each of the next 2 seasons?

duke dynamite
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Those Memphis trades all look good, backwarsd Pacers.

I agree with it except that we need to get a PG regardless of any trades we do in the offseason.

count55
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
doesn't JO get 22mil in each of the next 2 seasons?

$21.4 this coming year

$23.0 the following year.

DgR
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM
$21.4 this coming year

$23.0 the following year.

thanks

Jo's salary is so massive that I dont see any chance we manage to trade him to any team without taking a similarly big contract in return...
couple that with his injury concerns- we won't get many good offers for him.

if it were up to me, and if we had the chance to get VC over here for JO- I would get him without looking back. VC's contract is longer but very tradable over the next few years + he's much more reliable than JO injury wise- what's the point of keeping a talented, high paid bigman if he doesn't play? VC would at least help the team on the court and not cheer from the sides for 40 games. besides, I'm sure VC has much higher value around the league than JO. At least for now.

DgR
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
if Memphis manage to pick rose, do you guys think they'd be up to give Conely away and not Lowry?

Gamble1
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Absolutely. I could see them trading Lowry
for a draft pick or a proven player. THe question is whether Lowry is better than the pg's in this draft.

I would be willing to trade any of our rotational players (IKE, Quis) for him.

esabyrn333
04-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I could see them trading Mike Miller and Kyle Lowery for Jeff Foster and Ike Diogu if they are trying to cut salary. Ike & Jeff will both be expiring next year.

No matter who we give up if we get Lowery I would still like to draft Augustin. I think having 3 young true point guards fighting for playing time would be very refreshing after this year.

S.R.E.C.A.P
04-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Does crittenton play the point or the 2 for the grizz?

if so, hypothetically if memphis lands rose, that will create a massive logjam at the 1 for them

and hopefully more options like conely will open up for considerations haha :plot:

d_c
04-24-2008, 12:23 AM
I could see them trading Mike Miller and Kyle Lowery for Jeff Foster and Ike Diogu if they are trying to cut salary. Ike & Jeff will both be expiring next year.

No matter who we give up if we get Lowery I would still like to draft Augustin. I think having 3 young true point guards fighting for playing time would be very refreshing after this year.

That wouldn't be a bad trade for either side. Just depends on whether the Simons are willing to pay for Miller's deal.

That's going to be a lot of $ tied up in Miller, Granger and Dunleavy.

Kofi
04-24-2008, 05:52 AM
I'm not the least bit interested in Kyle Lowry. He doesn't look much better than a 6' version of Orien Greene. I hate to say it, but I'd take Diener over Lowry every day of the week.

PacerGuy
04-24-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm not the least bit interested in Kyle Lowry. He doesn't look much better than a 6' version of Orien Greene. I hate to say it, but I'd take Diener over Lowry every day of the week.

Ditto!
I like M.Miller, but can only see him working here if Dun was gone. Move Mike D. to Por in a combo that nets us Jack & #13 (+?) & I like the idea of Memphis deal.

My "Ideal Memphis Deal" is us getting #1, & them #2. (fat chance - but work w/ me ;) )
We swap & pick up Conely & Beasley. Then trade w/ NJ for JO for #10 after E.Gordon falls, & we are set. After 3 yrs, Tin's/Dun/Murph all expire same yr as G.Oden. Greg comes home to we have Oden/Beasley/Granger/Gordon/Conley as our starting 5! Think THAT lineup bgings back the fans! :happydanc
Dare-to-Dream Baby, Dare-to-Dream....

D23
04-24-2008, 09:06 AM

True, but I don't think Kareem's alleged character issues (laziness, work ethic, etc) are in the same ball park as those that have been brought by Tinsley, Daniels, Shawne, etc, who have half the fans in Indiana believing everyone on the team is a criminal. You can still be a "good guy" even if work ethic isn't your forte. Hell, take me for example. I consider myself a good guy, but here I am at work, posting on a basketball forum :shrug:

Hicks
04-24-2008, 10:32 AM
If Kyle Lowry can dribble the ball without A) Traveling B) Needing a teammate to bail him out when there's full court pressure, then he's already doing better than Orien Greene.

rexnom
04-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Ditto!
I like M.Miller, but can only see him working here if Dun was gone. Move Mike D. to Por in a combo that nets us Jack & #13 (+?) & I like the idea of Memphis deal.

My "Ideal Memphis Deal" is us getting #1, & them #2. (fat chance - but work w/ me ;) )
We swap & pick up Conely & Beasley. Then trade w/ NJ for JO for #10 after E.Gordon falls, & we are set. After 3 yrs, Tin's/Dun/Murph all expire same yr as G.Oden. Greg comes home to we have Oden/Beasley/Granger/Gordon/Conley as our starting 5! Think THAT lineup bgings back the fans! :happydanc
Dare-to-Dream Baby, Dare-to-Dream....
A for creativity! :)

spreedom
04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I'd be willing to trade JO and take on two bad (albeit still bad) contracts... I think those would probably be easier to move, especially considering how injury-prone and inconsistent JO has been as of late...

CableKC
04-25-2008, 02:35 AM
I was checking and it looks like the TWolves and the Blazers both have 4 of the first 6 picks in the 2nd round.

I really hope that Bird gives McHale a call and buy one of them for a couple of mil. The TWolves have the 31st and 33rd picks in the 2nd round.