PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the 2008 most improved Pacer- Mike Dunleavy jr!

Kstat
04-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Have at it, guys.

Dece
04-19-2008, 02:22 AM
I know a lot of people are going to vote for dunleavy here, but really, all he did was shoot better from range, everything else was pretty even. Danny was our most improved player.

Ownagedood
04-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Danny Granger. He improved all round.

Dunleavy improved, but mentioned above, mostly just the shooting percentage.

BlueNGold
04-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Both MDJ and Granger deserve strong consideration....but I have to go with Granger. I am particularly impressed by Danny's improvements in the area of driving to the hoop and creating his own shot which is related to improved fundamentals related to handling the ball. Also, his aggressiveness has definitely shot up.

IMO, Dunleavy improved almost exclusively on the basis of more confidence...which translated to a higher 3pt%. Yes, that is considerable improvement. He also became more aggressive on offense I suppose.

MDJ was playing great earlier in the year and Granger did not catch fire until 2008. So, all in all, I see Granger's second half of the year to be on a steep incline, particularly his last few games....so he has my vote.

Edit: It seems to me that many of MDJ's stellar games came against sad teams like New York....not saying this padded his numbers that much.....but when it came to crunch time late in the year, it was Granger who stepped up.

pianoman
04-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Mike stepped it up from the all sr break, to the end of the season. Not just scoring, but assists. His d has improved a little too.

Kegboy
04-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I voted Mike because he's finally living up to his billing, something none of us thought would happen. And while Danny is living up to his potential as well, I took points off because he doesn't take pride in his defense anymore.

idioteque
04-19-2008, 10:08 AM
I voted for Dunleavy. Yes, Granger has improved, but his ceiling has often been billed to be pretty high so frankly, if he didn't improve I would be disappointed. Mike also improved throughout the year, while Granger really improved in the last months and weeks of the season, so I gotta give it to the guy who showed the longest and most consistent improvement, and that would be Dunleavy.

I have to give some props to Troy, though, he did have a good year.

Hicks
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I went with the Kevin Lee logic of: You can make the case for Granger, but he's still young enough that it can be seen as a natural progression. However, with Mike we all thought he was what he was, then suddenly he jumped to another level. So I went with Mike.

count55
04-19-2008, 11:58 AM
I went with Granger because I thought he made a bigger leap than Junior, particularly late in the season (Post-All Star Break: 23.1 pts, 6.7 rebs, 42% 3's. Yes, Danny's improvement was more expected than Juniors, but the award isn't "Most Surprising Improvement".

It's very close, and Junior really made a leap as well, but I think Danny's improvement was greater.

tora tora
04-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Danny was much more consistent than Junior.

Doddage
04-19-2008, 03:54 PM
^ What are you basing that off of? To me, Dunleavy was more consistent by shooting 48% compared to Granger's 45%, as well shooting a higher 3-point percentage. To me, it was really a crapshoot what kind of performance Danny was going to put on each game, with the exception of the home stretch of the season. I had confidence in Mike that if he was given enough shots, he would give us a high scoring output each game.

All in all, I'm going to have to go with Dunleavy for this poll. He really came out of his shell this season, while Granger has steadily improved throughout his career. So my judgment here is based on the magnitude of the improvement made, which makes me have to choose Mike.

Young
04-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I went with the Kevin Lee logic of: You can make the case for Granger, but he's still young enough that it can be seen as a natural progression. However, with Mike we all thought he was what he was, then suddenly he jumped to another level. So I went with Mike.

I agree with this 100%.

What I have wondered about Mike is can he play like this for most of the coaches in this league? To me, his confidence level is way better this year playing under Jim then it has been under Rick, Don Nelson, or Mike Montgomery.

Infinite MAN_force
04-19-2008, 09:15 PM

ditto.

Trader Joe
04-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Granger. Easily IMO.

Kstat
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
:bump:

duke dynamite
04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Yay Dun Dun!