PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: off-topic but Gas prices fitting to SOAR in Indiana..!!

Kemo
04-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I just got back from 2 different gas stations Gas America , and Ricker's..
and I was told by BOTH attendants that

Gasoline was going up to between $4.00 and $4.50 per gallon by tomorrow !!!!!!!

They also told me that in Muncie , at their other stores , that they had already started raising prices, and it was already up to $4 per gallon !!!

So people living in central Indiana , just thought I would give you the "HEADS-UP"
so that maybe you can fill up before we get bombarded with these outrageous prices at the pump..
We done got as much as we could afford right now in both our vehicles..

Peace
Kemo

Kemo
04-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I just wanted to let ya'll know , since most of the people that post here are in the Indiana area.. figured you all would appreciate the heads up

Swingman
04-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I just got back from 2 different gas stations Gas America , and Ricker's..
and I was told by BOTH attendants that

Gasoline was going up to between $4.00 and $4.50 per gallon by tomorrow !!!!!!!

They also told me that in Muncie , at their other stores , that they had already started raising prices, and it was already up to $4 per gallon !!!

So people living in central Indiana , just thought I would give you the "HEADS-UP"
so that maybe you can fill up before we get bombarded with these outrageous prices at the pump..
We done got as much as we could afford right now in both our vehicles..

Peace
Kemo

Bring on electric cars and screw the gas stations ripping us off.

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
This is just ridiculous.. They raise it whenever the hell they want. We cant do anything about it.. They don't need the money! They are just reaching deeper into our pockets.

Kaufman
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure that a 60 cent to 1 dollar increase per gallon x 15 gallons presuming people were on empty tonight and the average tank to be 15 gallons, amounting to 9 dollars to 15 dollars, is enough to get people up out of their homes to the gas station tonight. While it is a worthy NEWS story, I'm not sure that it is anything more than that.

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I may get up and go :)

Gas America/BP is about 1 mile away, and I have a 1/4 tank of gas.

Shade
04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
I won't comment until I know for sure if this is true or not.

And though this is a topic now worthy of "Club Rio," it's a big enough rumor that I think it should stay here for now.

Kaufman
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
if you do get up and go, then take a picture of the receipt with the date and time on it and post it just so we know you actually did go.

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Lol, ok. I'm leaning towards going to bed though.

Kemo
04-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Look , I am not one to go shouting fire in a crowded theatre...

Personally , I don't care if any of you get gas or not, I am just relaying what was told to me by 2 different gas clerks .. within an hour timeframe..
It isn't no skin off my teeth if anyone believes it or not , hell I don't know either, but when I get told this by both gas america and ricker's attendants , I think it is definitely noteworthy.. and like I said I just wanted to pass on the info.. nothing more nothing less..
but I do know that I , personally topped off the tanks to both my vehicles, cause if it get's up to 4-4.50 per gallon .. I sure wont be goin much of anywhere.. besides work...

carpediem024
04-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Jeez I don't know what is happening in our world. We need a solution. Oil is running out FAST.

heywoode
04-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I appreciate the sharing of info, and this isn't meant to challenge what you posted at all, I just wanted to add to this thread with more info...

I always check www.indianagasprices.com (http://www.indianagasprices.com) for the latest prices. It certainly isn't all inclusive as it relies on the members there to post what they see...

Just thought it might be a good reference for people...

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
I did indeed decide to go fill mine up.. Paid $3.37 a gallon.

You can't see the receipt in the picture though, so I didn't post it.

It says:

Welcome to GasAmerica #206
Bargersville, IN

23:14:00

Shade
04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I appreciate the sharing of info, and this isn't meant to challenge what you posted at all, I just wanted to add to this thread with more info...

I always check www.indianagasprices.com (http://www.indianagasprices.com) for the latest prices. It certainly isn't all inclusive as it relies on the members there to post what they see...

Just thought it might be a good reference for people...

Same here. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that used that site.

Kemo, is the $4/gal thing for the "cheap" stuff, or premium?

MagicRat
04-17-2008, 11:30 PM
It isn't no skin off my teeth.....

You may want to have your dentist take a look at those.....

Roaming Gnome
04-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure that a 60 cent to 1 dollar increase per gallon x 15 gallons presuming people were on empty tonight and the average tank to be 15 gallons, amounting to 9 dollars to 15 dollars, is enough to get people up out of their homes to the gas station tonight. While it is a worthy NEWS story, I'm not sure that it is anything more than that.

You would be suprised at how some "overreact" to the price on the sign at a gas station. There is a Swifty station near my house and they are usually the last to change their price on the street. On the days were the Thortons, Marathon, Phillips66 and Crystal Flash change their prices, All pumps at the swifty have lines that form out on to the street for about half a block or so. The last time this happened was last week when everyone went to 3.43/gallon and Swifty held out at 3.17/gallon.

Normally, I just stick to my routine no matter the fuel cost, but I know folks that will waste as much gas trying to find a bargain as they would if they would have just bought it high.

Shade
04-17-2008, 11:35 PM
You would be suprised at how some "overreact" to the price on the sign at a gas station. There is a Swifty station near my house and they are usually the last to change their price on the street. On the days were the Thortons, Marathon, Phillips66 and Crystal Flash change their prices, All pumps at the swifty have lines that form out on to the street for about half a block or so. The last time this happened was last week when everyone went to 3.43/gallon and Swifty held out at 3.17/gallon.

Normally, I just stick to my routine no matter the fuel cost, but I know folks that will waste as much gas trying to find a bargain as they would if they would have just bought it high.

I love Swifty. You can get it for even cheaper if you pay in cash.

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I love Swifty. You can get it for even cheaper if you pay in cash.
Ya, AND they pump for you. :devil:

Roaming Gnome
04-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Welcome to Club Rio...

I moved this thread due to content being unrelated to NBA Basketball.

Thanks and have a great day.

travmil
04-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Well the Gas America near me is still $3.44 as of this morning.

grace
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Maybe the guy from yesterday was predicting the earthquake and figured that we'd all think it was the end of the world and start panic buying. Since everyone thinks the quake was cool they decided not to raise the prices. (At least I hope they haven't because I think I need gas.)

Tom White
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Jeez I don't know what is happening in our world. We need a solution. Oil is running out FAST.

We've been getting sold that line for better than thirty years now. Just as bad as when we were taught (back in the old, old days) that oil came from decaying dinosaures.

Major Cold
04-18-2008, 02:02 PM
We've been getting sold that line for better than thirty years now. Just as bad as when we were taught (back in the old, old days) that oil came from decaying dinosaures.

I would stop it right there before your posts are deleted...

Since86
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm in Muncie, and prices are still where they were last night.

RWB
04-18-2008, 02:26 PM
There was some legitimacy to what was posted. On the way home from work last night there was a Kroger with 3.74 listed on the pump for regular unleaded.

MAybe a little planned price gouging got nixed.

duke dynamite
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Likewise still in Bedford.

Tip: Don't believe anyone that has to deal with insubordinate people all day.

Twes
04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Let me guess, Kemo and/or his family own a gas station and they noticed sales were off today.

:-p

Unfortunatly I drive so much it doesn't really matter what I pay for gas, meaning I don't have the luxury of sitting on a tank of cheap gas and waiting for prices to come down.

No matter what I pay within a few days I need to buy gas all over again.

My guess is if we all went out today and bought electric cars the cost of electricity would go through the roof and they'd find a way to stick it to us on that.

If we all have fuel cell cars I'm sure the will be some new flocking tax that we'll have to foot the bill on.

Thanks a million Kemo. Have a great weekend.

:D

Major Cold
04-18-2008, 02:52 PM
bio diesel is what I want to do.

My Aunt is an executive for GM and confirmed the following:

http://www.carguidemagazine.com/features/article/7947

duke dynamite
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
BioDiesel or vegetable oil are very good diesel alternatives.

Hicks
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Let's keep it about the gas prices, folks. Please and thanks.

bellisimo
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Let's keep it about the gas prices, folks. Please and thanks.

then I guess its not the type of gas that Spicoli would be interested in....

Twes
04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
It's a shame those gas prices are so high.

Gas prices in other parts of the world have led to far higher gas taxes which have led to a change in behavior.

Perhaps higher gas prices here will lead us to change our behavior so that we are not so vulnerable to the next increase in gas prices .

Wouldn't it be so sweet to not have to worry about gas prices .

Discussion about the need for exploration of alternative energy is a direct result of the higher gas prices we are seeing today.

To be indepenant of those that control gas prices .

To not even keep track of gas prices or have to budget to cover any fluctuation in gas prices .

Those dern crazy gas prices .

:cool:

Hicks
04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
It's a shame those gas prices are so high.

Gas prices in other parts of the world have led to far higher gas taxes which have led to a change in behavior.

Perhaps higher gas prices here will lead us to change our behavior so that we are not so vulnerable to the next increase in gas prices .

Wouldn't it be so sweet to not have to worry about gas prices .

Discussion about the need for exploration of alternative energy is a direct result of the higher gas prices we are seeing today.

To be indepenant of those that control gas prices .

To not even keep track of gas prices or have to budget to cover any fluctuation in gas prices .

Those dern crazy gas prices .

:cool:

Anyone else feel like stepping on my balls today? It's all the rage.

Twes
04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Anyone else feel like stepping on my balls today? It's all the rage.

It's all about you Mal.

RWB
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
It's all about you Mal.

And the Indy Star letting us know about the justified $3.65 a gallon.

http://search.indystar.com/sp?aff=1000&keywords=gas+prices

Gas prices topping $3.65 in Indy

By Tom Spalding
Posted: April 22, A Prices for a gallon of unleaded gasoline jumped as much as 20 cents at many Indianapolis stations today. At some stations, customers are now paying over $3.60 a gallon.

If most stations follow suit, Indianapolis could set a new all-time high.

Overnight, Indianapolis pumps averaged $3.42 per gallon of unleaded gas, according to AAA. The city's all-time record of $3.536 was set last May 26.

At least a dozen stations tracked on the consumer-oriented Web site indygasprices.com were selling fuel for over $3.65 a gallon.

Twes
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
And the Indy Star letting us know about the justified $3.65 a gallon.

http://search.indystar.com/sp?aff=1000&keywords=gas+prices

Gas prices topping $3.65 in Indy

By Tom Spalding
Posted: April 22, A Prices for a gallon of unleaded gasoline jumped as much as 20 cents at many Indianapolis stations today. At some stations, customers are now paying over $3.60 a gallon.

If most stations follow suit, Indianapolis could set a new all-time high.

Overnight, Indianapolis pumps averaged $3.42 per gallon of unleaded gas, according to AAA. The city's all-time record of $3.536 was set last May 26.

At least a dozen stations tracked on the consumer-oriented Web site indygasprices.com were selling fuel for over $3.65 a gallon.

I like the guys logic in that link who says he doesn't mind paying high gas prices because he saves money on all the daily "frivolous" expenditures. :wtf:

Does that make any sense? I mean, what good does it do you to save money on sporting events, movies food etc if you just have to give it to the gas station.

Some sort of moral victory I suppose.

Shade
04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm so sick this whole gas debacle I don't even know what to say anymore.

indygeezer
04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I told y'all a long time ago that the Oil Cos. see the hybrids coming and are going to get prices up to where they can still maintain profits even with decreased usage.

I would however expect prices to come down with the discoveries in N. Dakota and Prudohomme Bay Alaska. And if they don't then they will deserve every piece of legislation the dems throw at them.

Major Cold
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Well lets go ahead and lock this thread.

duke dynamite
04-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Well lets go ahead and lock this thread.
Why? It's not over yet.

duke dynamite
04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
I already mentioned that.

Hicks
04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
http://pignash.proboards67.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=13